Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Loon's Occasional Art

Go down 
+6
Bonnie
Ana
SUSANNE
Saarlooswolfhound
pipsxlch
Loon
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Loon

Loon

Country/State : California, United States

Loon's Occasional Art Empty
PostSubject: Loon's Occasional Art   Loon's Occasional Art EmptyWed Feb 02, 2022 7:01 am

After months of having no real say in my Child Care job's murals, we finally got the chance to individually create our own. Logically, I went with the one thing I'm decent at drawing, animals. Unfortunately, despite my co-workers having seen me create this and put it up over the past week. It had to be taken down because it was not "thematic" for the month of February. I spent over 8 hours putting this together over the past week, and not once was this mentioned. As you can imagine, I was not pleased.

Still, despite this, I'm pretty pleased with how nice it looks. I'll post photos of the replacement when I finish putting it together, if I can be bothered to put any effort into it.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
pipsxlch

pipsxlch

Country/State : US/Florida

PostSubject: Re: Loon's Occasional Art   Loon's Occasional Art EmptySat Feb 05, 2022 3:58 am

I love it! If it were in my classroom when I was little, I would be begging fo sot next to it and copying it over all my papers. Your bosses are stupid.
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Loon's Occasional Art   Loon's Occasional Art EmptySat Feb 05, 2022 5:11 am

I agree with Kelly! That mural is amazing and would have inspired the kids and sparked their imaginations. You did a very nice job! I can't wait to see the new one also.

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Loon's Occasional Art   Loon's Occasional Art EmptySat Feb 05, 2022 8:17 am

It is fabulous !! I love the style, the colours, the composition, - everything bounce Applause Applause

Yes, your bosses are stupid !!!!

Loon

Loon

PostSubject: Re: Loon's Occasional Art   Loon's Occasional Art EmptySat Feb 05, 2022 11:44 pm

Really appreciate the comments everyone, thank you.

Here is the replacement. I had only about an hour to throw this together, so it looks nowhere near as nice.
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Loon's Occasional Art   Loon's Occasional Art EmptySun Feb 06, 2022 12:37 am

That is FABULOUS! Great work again! At least it is still dino-themed.

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
pipsxlch

pipsxlch

PostSubject: Re: Loon's Occasional Art   Loon's Occasional Art EmptySun Feb 06, 2022 5:27 am

Lol clever use of longnecks, love it!
Back to top Go down
Loon

Loon

PostSubject: Re: Loon's Occasional Art   Loon's Occasional Art EmptyWed Feb 23, 2022 1:52 am

Appreciate your thoughts, everyone.

Here's a bit of an update. I wanted to do a dinosaur craft with my kindergartners and found a template to make dinosaurs out of halved paper plates. Of course, they weren't very accurate, so I decided to make my own template. These were mostly finished last week, but I had one who didn't get to finish hers till today.

Also, another template I created. This is a craft for next month. March 30th is Manatee awareness day and I figured that would make a cute craft. This is just the example I created. I didn't go literal, since I don't think the kids are going to make theirs all grey. I'm also sure theirs will be far more glamorous.
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Loon's Occasional Art   Loon's Occasional Art EmptyWed Feb 23, 2022 4:16 am

Your kids made those dinosaurs awesome! They did such a great job! And I love the manatee idea too, please update with their creations when you do it. And very nice templates you made, great work all around!

Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: Loon's Occasional Art   Loon's Occasional Art EmptyWed Feb 23, 2022 10:26 am

Wow, that's so cool! I love all that creativity! I'm sure the kids are enjoying it so much Very Happy I love you
The idea for paperbag-manatee is just brilliant! cheers

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
Bonnie

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Loon's Occasional Art   Loon's Occasional Art EmptyWed Feb 23, 2022 12:32 pm

Wow, beautiful and original artwork, I love it! cheers
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Loon's Occasional Art   Loon's Occasional Art EmptyWed Feb 23, 2022 10:15 pm

Wonderful, very unique and it must be SO much fun for both children and adults cheers

Thankyou for sharing ! I second Paige, and hope you will show us how it goes Very Happy

Loon

Loon

PostSubject: Re: Loon's Occasional Art   Loon's Occasional Art EmptyThu Feb 24, 2022 7:23 am

Really lovely comments; thanks, everyone. The kids definitely had a lot of fun with it, and I'm happy so many of them recognized it as a Velocriaptor, even with the feathers. I will definitely be updating here once these new crafts are finished and especially when the new March mural goes up. I hope to start working on it tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
Loon

Loon

PostSubject: Re: Loon's Occasional Art   Loon's Occasional Art EmptyMon Feb 28, 2022 11:15 pm

Alright, after being out sick for a bit last week, I finally got the March mural done. Of course, this wouldn't be my job if I wasn't dealt a blow right as I was about to finish. I had to shrink my mural from about 4 feet to 3 feet, which, whatever.

Anyway, since March is the month of Saint Patrick's Day, everyone had a shamrock theme going on. Of course, I had to include the famous Irish Elk, Megaloceros. Though, coordinating multiple pieces of paper and different colors ended up making the animal look a bit skewed. He's definitely a beefy guy, but I've never drawn a deer before, so I'm not gonna kick myself too much.
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Loon's Occasional Art   Loon's Occasional Art EmptyTue Mar 01, 2022 12:21 am

He is STUNNING and I love his beefy quality. :) Great work again! The incorporation of the shamrocks is very clever! I love it.

Back to top Go down
pipsxlch

pipsxlch

PostSubject: Re: Loon's Occasional Art   Loon's Occasional Art EmptyTue Mar 01, 2022 2:22 am

Late to the party, love both the murals and the manatee puppet is adorable- love the gator on the tail! I would have loved being in your class when I was a kindergartner. Those velociraptor plates are great!
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Loon's Occasional Art   Loon's Occasional Art EmptyTue Mar 01, 2022 9:31 am

A magnificent deer cheers

I truely love it !!! He has got personality, and he radiates strength and power.
I love the clover-pattern.
What is the Stonehenge-thing in the background ?

Loon

Loon

PostSubject: Re: Loon's Occasional Art   Loon's Occasional Art EmptyWed Mar 02, 2022 1:55 am

Saarlooswolfhound wrote:
He is STUNNING and I love his beefy quality. :) Great work again! The incorporation of the shamrocks is very clever! I love it.
Thanks. Looking back, I started making the deer on Friday, which is movie day for Child Care, and we watched Open Season, which has a similarly beefy deer as an antagonist, so I think it subconsciously influenced the look.

pipsxlch wrote:
Late to the party, love both the murals and the manatee puppet is adorable- love the gator on the tail! I would have loved being in your class when I was a kindergartner. Those velociraptor plates are great!
Thank you! Not to congratulate myself (too much), but I do like to think I put a lot of effort into making fun things for the kids to do.

SUSANNE wrote:
A magnificent deer cheers

I truely love it !!! He has got personality, and he radiates strength and power.
I love the clover-pattern.
What is the Stonehenge-thing in the background ?
Thank you! It's a neolithic tomb(potentially?) called "Poulnabrone dolmen." I had been searching for some kind of structure to fill out the picture and stumbled across it on Google. After doing some more research, I found out it's a bit anachronistic, since the structure is thought to have been built no more than 4,200 years ago, a few thousand years after the end of Megaloceros' existence.
Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: Loon's Occasional Art   Loon's Occasional Art EmptyWed Mar 02, 2022 11:28 pm

hey but you are another Delgado! cheers cheers drunken
Back to top Go down
sunny

sunny

Country/State : uk

PostSubject: Re: Loon's Occasional Art   Loon's Occasional Art EmptyThu Mar 03, 2022 3:54 am

all your posters are superb! Congratulations on such excellent work! I am sure there are many little children in your classes that LOVE all these animals you are drawing, and how exciting for them to make their own fantastic dinosaurs. These activities will stay with these kids for life - happy memories for sure.
I think my favourite has to the 2 red dinosaurs in love ha ha! they are wonderful :)
I am sure you are many of these children's favourite teacher king
Back to top Go down
Loon

Loon

PostSubject: Re: Loon's Occasional Art   Loon's Occasional Art EmptyFri Apr 01, 2022 10:13 pm

It's the first day of April and I'm happy to be able to share this month's mural. I had thought of an Easter theme, with feathered dinosaurs standing in for the traditional chickens, but I realized that I'm not that good at drawing feathers. Luckily, my brother had been wanting a Parasaurolophus, his favorite dinosaur, to hang up in his room, so I did that instead. This is specifically Parasaurolophus cyrtocristatus and the baby is based on Joe, the baby Parasaurolophus who is housed at the Alf Museum near my home. Plant evolution has always confused me, so I don't know if it's appropriate to have grass or flowers, but it needed to look "Spring-y."
Back to top Go down
pipsxlch

pipsxlch

PostSubject: Re: Loon's Occasional Art   Loon's Occasional Art EmptySat Apr 02, 2022 4:30 am

Ah, how great! Parasaurolophus is my daughter's favorite dinosaur too. I love the little baby Joe, I wasn't aware of it or the Alf Museum. But that baby is adorable!
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Loon's Occasional Art   Loon's Occasional Art EmptySat Apr 02, 2022 5:28 am

Oh my goodness! Another fantastic mural! Beautifully done and great colors.

Back to top Go down
Joliezac

Joliezac

Country/State : New Jersey, USA

PostSubject: Re: Loon's Occasional Art   Loon's Occasional Art EmptySat Apr 02, 2022 6:21 am

Lovely! My friend adores paras Applause

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
https://joliezacc9d79.myportfolio.com/
Jill

Jill

PostSubject: Re: Loon's Occasional Art   Loon's Occasional Art EmptySat Apr 16, 2022 3:21 pm

These are spectacular! I hate that someone out there is deciding that the artwork needs to fit something specific and so aren't appreciating the skill and creativity of your murals. How excellent to have something different in the traditional holiday imagery. And they are so well drawn. I would have loved seeing those as a kid! I also love that you are so creative with your crafts with the kids, and make sure the dinos are more correct. Razz Applause I had strong feelings about those kinds of things as a kid (though I didn't know much about dinosaurs), and I would have loved a teacher making animals realistic.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Loon's Occasional Art   Loon's Occasional Art Empty

Back to top Go down

Loon's Occasional Art
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
STS Forum  :: What else ? :: Member's arts-
Jump to: