Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Leyster's Collection

Go down 
+11
Leyster
widukind
rogerpgvg
Joliezac
pipsxlch
Taos
Gecko08
SUSANNE
Saarlooswolfhound
Bonnie
landrover
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 11 ... 15  Next
AuthorMessage
Leyster

Country/State : Italy

Leyster's Collection - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Leyster's Collection   Leyster's Collection - Page 7 EmptyFri May 06, 2022 1:19 pm

DELETED: doble post

"Dinosaurs lived sixty five million years ago. What is left of them is fossilized in the rocks, and it is in the rock that real scientists make real discoveries. Now what John Hammond and InGen did at Jurassic Park is create genetically engineered theme park monsters, nothing more and nothing less."

Last edited by Leyster on Wed May 11, 2022 4:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Leyster's Collection   Leyster's Collection - Page 7 EmptyFri May 06, 2022 6:04 pm

cheers cheers cheers

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Leyster's Collection   Leyster's Collection - Page 7 EmptyFri May 06, 2022 11:14 pm

I enjoyed reading on your blog entry about some design decisions. Especially the fact they use larger paws without diluting the effect thickening the legs. It is always quite controversial but these tricks are everywhere in this toy industry. On some extant animals, it was common to see figures with noticiably large heads and the necks and limbs were thickened to pretend the proportions were better, the result was basically a small body but the idea was clearly a bigger head to bear a larger face. Here it is also a question of attractiveness even if the good balance of the model seems to be the main goal. Bases are not very popular among kids, thus, presenting the figures without them, turn them more commercially attractive. Southlands presented a fantastic alternative with their grey kangaroo where the base can be easily removed but it is conceptually more complex than what it seems.

PostSubject: Re: Leyster's Collection   Leyster's Collection - Page 7 EmptySat May 07, 2022 4:35 pm

Roger wrote:
I enjoyed reading on your blog entry about some design decisions. Especially the fact they use larger paws without diluting the effect thickening the legs. It is always quite controversial but these tricks are everywhere in this toy industry. On some extant animals, it was common to see figures with noticiably large heads and the necks and limbs were thickened to pretend the proportions were better, the result was basically a small body but the idea was clearly a bigger head to bear a larger face. Here it is also a question of attractiveness even if the good balance of the model seems to be the main goal. Bases are not very popular among kids, thus, presenting the figures without them, turn them more commercially attractive. Southlands presented a fantastic alternative with their grey kangaroo where the base can be easily removed but it is conceptually more complex than what it seems.
That's really interesting, I didn't knew those background infos. So it's not something that happens only in dinosaur figures, after all. It's quite frustrating.

Binomial name: Dilong paradoxus Xu et al. 2004
Classification: Dinosauria->Theropoda->Neotheropoda->Averostra->Tetanurae->Coelurosauria->Tyrannoraptora->Tyrannosauroidea->Pantyrannosauria
Time: Aptian (Early Cretaceous)
Formation: Jianshangou Bed of Yixian Formation (present day China)
Manifacturer and date of release: Safari LTD, 2009
Sculptor: Doug Watson
Scale: 1:12 for IVPP V14243
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Probably the worst offender, colour-wise, of the quality degradation of the Feathered Dinosaurs Toob.

"Dinosaurs lived sixty five million years ago. What is left of them is fossilized in the rocks, and it is in the rock that real scientists make real discoveries. Now what John Hammond and InGen did at Jurassic Park is create genetically engineered theme park monsters, nothing more and nothing less."
Back to top Go down
Leyster

PostSubject: Re: Leyster's Collection   Leyster's Collection - Page 7 EmptyTue May 10, 2022 6:18 pm

Binomial name: Concavenator corcovatus Ortega, Escaso & Sanz 2010
Classification: Dinosauria->Theropoda->Neotheropoda->Averostra->Tetanurae->Carnosauria->Allosauroidea->Allosauria->Carcharodontosauria->Carcharodontosauridae
Time: Barremian (Early Cretaceous)
Formation: Rambla de Las Cruces II Sequence of La Huérguina Formation (present day Spain)
Manifacturer and date of release: Carnegie Collection of Safari LTD, 2013
Sculptor: Forest Rogers
Scale: 1:22 for MCCM-LH6666

Even if it lacks... whatever left those knowbs on the ulna (I am for feather-like structures), the Carnegie Concavenator remains one of the best representations of this genus. It even has the scute-like scales on the underside of the tail, preserved in the fossil! Also I really like that Rogers gave it a single, fleshy structure on the back instead of following exactly the outline of the skeleton. The main critic I have is that maybe the hindlimbs are a bit too short, compared to the most recent skeletals, but before rigorous ones were made there was a total havoc of skeletals that were also quite different one from another, so I really can't fault Rogers.

Here you can read my more estensive review of this model

Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Leyster's Collection   Leyster's Collection - Page 7 EmptyTue May 10, 2022 6:44 pm

cheers cheers cheers

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Leyster's Collection   Leyster's Collection - Page 7 EmptyTue May 10, 2022 11:21 pm

Another great review! It is amazing how Iberian penninsula is a little square and so many dinosaurs were found here. Recently the Iberospinus was added to the list, it was found close to Sesimbra, Portugal. OK, it is not related with our friend from Cuenca you're presenting. Wink

PostSubject: Re: Leyster's Collection   Leyster's Collection - Page 7 EmptyWed May 11, 2022 4:55 pm

Roger wrote:
Another great review! It is amazing how Iberian penninsula is a little square and so many dinosaurs were found here. Recently the Iberospinus was added to the list, it was found close to Sesimbra, Portugal. OK, it is not related with our friend from Cuenca you're presenting. Wink
Well, Iberospinus it's Barremian, so they might have met... thus not so unrelated Wink

Deleted the Neovenator post from some days ago, since I already posted it. Coping and pasting from DTF seems more troubling than I expected Very Happy (or I'm even more incompetent than I supposed lol)

Binomial name: Triceratops horridus Marsh, 1889
Classification: Dinosauria->Ornithischia->Genasauria->Neornithischia->Marginocephalia->Ceratopsia->Neoceratopsia->Coronosauria->Ceratopsoidea->Ceratopsidae->Chasmosaurinae->Triceratopsini
Time: Maastrichtian (Late Cretaceous)
Formation: Evanston Formation, Laramie Formation, Lance Formation, Hell Creek Formation (present-day USA)
Manifacturer and date of release: PNSO, 2017
Sculptor: somebody in the atelier of Zhao Chuang
Scale: 1:24 based on the "Kelsey" specimen on which the model is based on.

I always liked the active pose of this model. Plus the horn lenght and quills remember me of some much beloved Cheung Chung Tat artworks.l)

Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Leyster's Collection   Leyster's Collection - Page 7 EmptyWed May 11, 2022 6:44 pm

cheers cheers

Back to top Go down
Leyster

PostSubject: Re: Leyster's Collection   Leyster's Collection - Page 7 EmptyThu May 12, 2022 10:24 am

Today is my birthday, so here is a special model, my favorite one among my collection:

Binomial name: Giganotosaurus carolinii Coria & Salgado 1995
Classification: Dinosauria->Theropoda->Neotheropoda->Averostra->Tetanurae->Carnosauria->Allosauroidea->Allosauria->Carcharodontosauria->Carcharodontosauridae->Carcharodontosaurinae->Giganotosaurini
Time: Cenomanian (Late Cretaceous)
Formation: Candeleros Formation (present day Argentina)
Manifacturer and date of release: Vitae, 2017
Sculptor: Cheung Chung Tat
Scale: 1:26 for MUCPv-Ch1

Should I save only one model of my collection, it would be this amazing beauty, currently towering over my other 1:25-1:30 models. You can read my review (first review I ever did) here

Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Leyster's Collection   Leyster's Collection - Page 7 EmptyThu May 12, 2022 5:17 pm

cheers cheers

Back to top Go down
Joliezac

Joliezac

Country/State : New Jersey, USA

PostSubject: Re: Leyster's Collection   Leyster's Collection - Page 7 EmptyThu May 12, 2022 5:19 pm

Such a stunning Giganotosaurus! My top 2 favorite dinosaurs are gigas & spinos cheers

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
https://joliezacc9d79.myportfolio.com/
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Leyster's Collection   Leyster's Collection - Page 7 EmptyFri May 13, 2022 12:17 pm

What a great idea to show your favorite figure in your birthday. I think it is a luck to find figures of this quality in pvc.

PostSubject: Re: Leyster's Collection   Leyster's Collection - Page 7 EmptySat May 14, 2022 2:10 pm

Thank everyone for stepping by!

Roger wrote:
What a great idea to show your favorite figure in your birthday. I think it is a luck to find figures of this quality in pvc.
Yes, it's truly amazing, it never ceaseas to impress me. Even more considering that is perfectly balanced, where smaller figures with oversized feet are not.

Binomial name: Dimetrodon grandis Romer & Price 1940
Classification: Eupelycosauria->Sphenacodontia->Sphenacodontoidea->Spenacodontidae->Sphenacodontinae
Time: Kungurian (Early Permian)
Formation: Clear Fork Group of the Arroyo Formation (present day USA)
Manifacturer and date of release: Carnegie Collection of the Safari LTD, 2001
Sculptor: Forest Rogers
Scale: 1:20 for UCRC 1002

Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Leyster's Collection   Leyster's Collection - Page 7 EmptySat May 14, 2022 2:18 pm

cheers cheers

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Leyster's Collection   Leyster's Collection - Page 7 EmptySat May 14, 2022 5:13 pm

Really beautiful model.

Caracal

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: Leyster's Collection   Leyster's Collection - Page 7 EmptySat May 14, 2022 11:22 pm

Beautiful model! cheers
Back to top Go down
Leyster

PostSubject: Re: Leyster's Collection   Leyster's Collection - Page 7 EmptySun May 15, 2022 2:36 pm

Binomial name: Bothriolepis canadensis Whiteaves, 1880
Classification: Placodermi*->Antiarchi->Bothriolepidoidei->Bothriolepididae
Time: Frasnian-Famminian (middle-upper Devonian)
Formation: Escuminac Formation (present-day Canada), Catskill Formation (present-day USA)
Manifacturer and date of release: Kaiyodo, 2001
Sculptor: Eiichiro Matsumoto
Scale: 1:5
*This, is placoderms are even a monophyletic group...

Funny little thing. I'm surprised there's not more placoderms around (escluding, you know, the one everybody knows...)

Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

PostSubject: Re: Leyster's Collection   Leyster's Collection - Page 7 EmptySun May 15, 2022 4:50 pm

Yes rather few available placoderms.. cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Leyster's Collection   Leyster's Collection - Page 7 EmptySun May 15, 2022 8:17 pm

nice figure

Back to top Go down
Leyster

PostSubject: Re: Leyster's Collection   Leyster's Collection - Page 7 EmptyMon May 16, 2022 10:32 am

Binomial name: Chungkingosaurus jiangbeiensis Dong et al. 1983
Classification: Dinosauria->Ornithischia->Genasauria->Thyreophora->Stegosauria->Huayangosauridae?
Time: Oxfordian (Late Jurassic)
Formation: Upper Shaximiao/Shangshaximiao Formation (present day China)
Manifacturer and date of release: PNSO, 2019
Sculptor: somebody in the atelier of Zhao Chuang
Scale: surprisingly, 1/20 from the femur of CV 206. Small thing.

And my review of it and the Yangchuanosaurus it cames with

Back to top Go down
Leyster

PostSubject: Re: Leyster's Collection   Leyster's Collection - Page 7 EmptyTue May 17, 2022 4:19 pm

Binomial name: Atlasaurus imelakei Monbaron et al. 1999
Classification: Dinosauria->Sauropodomorpha->Bagualosauria->Massopoda->Sauropodiformes->Sauropoda->Eusauropoda->Neosauropoda
Time: Bathonian-Callovian (middle Jurassic)
Formation: Guettioua Formation (present day Morocco)
Manifacturer and date of release: Eofauna, 2019
Sculptor: Shu-yu Hsu?
Scale: 1:40
I have some dubts on the proportions due to comments about the skeletal used by people more versed in sauropods than me, but neverthless an impressive model. Although I would have preferred thant they didn't use that strange grey drybrush on the sides and the tail.

Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Leyster's Collection   Leyster's Collection - Page 7 EmptyTue May 17, 2022 5:24 pm

cheers cheers

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Leyster's Collection   Leyster's Collection - Page 7 EmptyWed May 18, 2022 1:24 am

I thought the sculptor was a Spanish man but it seems I am wrong. I love Eofauna models. Very Happy

Caracal

PostSubject: Re: Leyster's Collection   Leyster's Collection - Page 7 EmptyWed May 18, 2022 8:38 am

Two wonderful models! cheers drunken
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Leyster's Collection   Leyster's Collection - Page 7 Empty

Back to top Go down

Leyster's Collection
Page 7 of 15Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 11 ... 15  Next