Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25

Go down 
+34
Balaenoptera
rogerpgvg
Taos
Kikimalou
Joliezac
sunny
Jill
Roger
Caracal
widukind
Saien
Mitsukuni
MartinH
75senta75
Chris Sweetman
Shanti
SUSANNE
George
Loon
Birdsage
costicuba
Duck-Anch-Amun
spacelab
Stripedhyena
landrover
lucky luke
Saarlooswolfhound
Farm collector
Pardofelis
bmathison1972
A-J
Advicot
Bonnie
Ana
38 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 12 ... 18  Next
AuthorMessage
lucky luke

lucky luke

Country/State : FRANCE Saint-Louis

What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25 - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25   What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25 - Page 7 EmptySat Oct 22, 2022 6:22 am

Congratulations Christophe for wonderful additions Very Happy Applause cheers
Back to top Go down
75senta75

75senta75

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25   What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25 - Page 7 EmptyThu Oct 27, 2022 9:50 am

Christophe, how nice, that you have time for your collection again after this very hard time.
I hope very much, that calmer times without worries will come for you and your family. That´s such beautiful presentation and I see so incredibly rare figures and such extraordinary figures as those of Miguel Aparicio. Many thanks for these great photos. drunken

Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25   What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25 - Page 7 EmptyThu Oct 27, 2022 9:47 pm

Thank you Jean-Luc and Yvette, Merci beaucoup cheers

I hope I will manage to spend more time here sunny because this place is the savannah where I can forget the world and its tribulations as when I was young and dreamed of Africa and its wildlife: My personal nirvana drunken
Back to top Go down
MartinH

MartinH

Country/State : Czech Republic

PostSubject: Re: What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25   What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25 - Page 7 EmptyThu Oct 27, 2022 10:53 pm

Wonderful newcomers Christophe cheers cheers So many great models!!

https://www.martinhcollection.cz/
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25   What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25 - Page 7 EmptyFri Oct 28, 2022 9:34 pm

Thank you very much Martin cheers
Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25   What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25 - Page 7 EmptyMon Oct 31, 2022 2:05 am

Congratulations Christophe! Beautiful newcomers! All are fantastic but how wonderful are those models made by Miguel drunken

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25   What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25 - Page 7 EmptyThu Nov 03, 2022 9:40 am

I agree Anna, thank you for watching Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25   What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25 - Page 7 EmptySun Dec 04, 2022 5:00 am

November passed and brought me some new recruits. It's another batch that gives pride of place to vintages. I assure you that I nevertheless like the current productions and I hope to catch up in the months to come. Very Happy

Let's start with a hollowcast lead young rhinoceros from Britains Ltd. I have a little over 50 Indian rhinos in my house and I didn't have a single lead Britains. Yet the English brand has produced three: a large, a young and the one I present of intermediate size. It is the least known of the range, unlike the other two, Britains did not introduce it into its plastic production and therefore it was not copied by all HK manufacturers either.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Another of my new residents is the African Elephant Durso. The Belgian brand has made it afaik in two versions, one with the back pierced with a hole to install Tarzan and this one with the intact back. It is of course not very realistic considering the current standards, and of course considering the Lineol standards of the same period, but I find that it is a wonderful toy full of poetry.

Thanks to the help of my friend Paige aka Saarloswolfhound, I was able to get some curiosities like these little wooden and composite animals, made in Germany, whose design is typical of the series attributed to the Kleiner company. I host a few and it's the kind of collection that gradually imposes itself on a collector. I acquired my first ones years ago in a batch, by chance and since then others have come to increase the numbers. I ended up liking their old-fashioned design, their corded tails and their wooden matchstick legs. drunken

Always thanks to Paige, I got my hands on Trico for the first time. It was a Japanese brand that produced composition animals for the US market. They are almost unknown to European collectors and I was really itching to meet some of them. The inspiration couldn't be clearer: The great Germanic brands! For the paint on the other hand, it is much less subtle and very glossy. I'm not going to move heaven and earth to enlarge the herd but I'm still happy to count some in my collection.
There is a lion, a bison and an elephant there. I also have a giraffe who has a broken hoof and who needs minor surgery before it can be shown.

To close the "good old days" series, I also invited a moose and his lady to join my cabinets.
These are the VEB Plaho from DDR, they were only produced between 1967 and 1973 and are probably the rarest models in the series.
However, what has always attracted me is not their rarity (I would have preferred them to be easier to find) but their beauty. I find these two the most beautiful elands among plastic production from the 50s to the 90s. I love you

Finally, I also have the honor to present two 1/1 scale lizards, produced in 2022 by the So-Ta company: An Armadillo lizard and a Banded knob tail gecko.
I love the defensive stance of the first, as for the second it comes with two different lower jaws and I find it hard to prefer one.
Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

Country/State : Salt Lake City, UT

PostSubject: Re: What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25   What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25 - Page 7 EmptySun Dec 04, 2022 6:10 am

Are those 1:1 lizards SO-TA or Bandai? I knew Bandai made them in 1:1 but didn't know SO-TA did (but I wouldn't be surprised, since they have recently started a 1:1 line that also includes insects, hummingbirds, and frogs)
Back to top Go down
Joliezac

Joliezac

Country/State : New Jersey, USA

PostSubject: Re: What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25   What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25 - Page 7 EmptySun Dec 04, 2022 6:33 am

Amazing additions!! I love those lizards! cheers I love you

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
https://joliezacc9d79.myportfolio.com/
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25   What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25 - Page 7 EmptySun Dec 04, 2022 8:56 am

bmathison1972 wrote:
Are those 1:1 lizards SO-TA or Bandai? I knew Bandai made them in 1:1 but didn't know SO-TA did (but I wouldn't be surprised, since they have recently started a 1:1 line that also includes insects, hummingbirds, and frogs)

So-Ta Very Happy

Joliezac wrote:
Amazing additions!! I love those lizards! cheers I love you

So am I Laughing
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25   What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25 - Page 7 EmptySun Dec 04, 2022 11:45 am

Christophe, after all these years you continue presenting to our community wonderful, artistic and misterious figures. cheers
Metal fits perfectly with Indian rhinos, especially when they are as great as this illusive Britains.
Your Durso elephant is also very nice, the trunk of a baby, the round ears of a Forest elephant and a back like an Asian. A unique piece. elephant
When a French macaque needs the help of a North American wolf to get German models, it tells a lot about our community and our hobby.
Such a nice coincidence about your Trico and my Lineol lions. Laughing
Oh, those rare Veb Plaho moose couldn't be more beautiful! Very Happy They look very realistic and there's a certain drama in those sculpts. Brilliant models! It is a pity they never bred.
Very brave from So-ta to make an armadillo lizard acting like an armadillo. That's a perfect name for this animal.
About the gecko, I defintely like it best with its mouth open. It looks too much serious with the mouth closed. Laughing So nice they're lifesized.

widukind

PostSubject: Re: What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25   What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25 - Page 7 EmptyMon Dec 05, 2022 4:12 am

Nice additions. What is the size of the lizards?

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25   What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25 - Page 7 EmptyMon Dec 05, 2022 6:14 am

Lovely and charming oldies, congrats Christophe! cheers
And the last two models are splendid! I love this gecko! I love you

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25   What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25 - Page 7 EmptyMon Dec 05, 2022 10:11 am

Beautiful new additions. The Japanese lion and armadillo lizard are my favourites. And the VEB Plaho moose are good too, it's great that the made a pair.

Which figures are made of wood? How did they make them? Individually with a chisel?

Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25   What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25 - Page 7 EmptyTue Dec 06, 2022 11:00 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Thank you for your kind words Rogério. Very Happy

As a matter of fact, this rhino is not that hard to find. It is even more widespread than its larger and more illustrious contemporary. The latter had the chance to survive the "age of lead" before becoming an icon of the "age of plastic".
The Durso is a bit like a puzzle made of odds and ends but in the end it works: A creature of Frankenstein, only prettier Laughing
Yes, I chuckled when I found out that Susanne had sent you the Lineol lion (I also cringed a bit with jealousy, but what can a poor macaque do in front of a crocodile?) Crocodile monkey
At that time the quality of Japanese toys was still very far from what it is today...
The Plaho moose are fantastic in my eyes, I also have the Marolin cow and I don't despair of getting my hands on the bull. If it happens I will make comparison pics.
The armadillo lizard is kind enough not to take up too much space on a shelf. For the gecko, he is indeed charming with his mouth open but he is noisy, I also like when he shut up from time to time. Very Happy

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Armadillo lizard is a 6cm diameter and Gecko has a total lenght of 12,5cm.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Thank you Very Happy The Gecko is even more reddish now and he says he loves you too Embarassed cheers

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Thank you for them Roger. The small Wisent and Bactrian camel have legs and bones made of wood, the body is made of a composite material. This was a technic used in what we called Erzgebirge production. Before Pfeiffer decided to produce the first industrial composition animal series with bones made with metal wire, toy artisans produced "composition" or "paper mache" animals with a wooden skeleton. in the series attributed to Kienel, the wooden legs are actually carved.
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25   What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25 - Page 7 EmptyTue Dec 06, 2022 7:44 pm

Thank you

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25   What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25 - Page 7 EmptyWed Dec 07, 2022 9:07 am

One wisent more?! what a good new! and these mooses are great I love you cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25   What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25 - Page 7 EmptyWed Dec 07, 2022 10:42 am

Kikimalou wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]  Thank you for them Roger. The small Wisent and Bactrian camel have legs and bones made of wood, the body is made of a composite material. This was a technic used in what we called Erzgebirge production. Before Pfeiffer decided to produce the first industrial composition animal series with bones made with metal wire, toy artisans produced "composition" or "paper mache" animals with a wooden skeleton. in the series attributed to Kienel, the wooden legs are actually carved.

Thanks, I understand now.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25   What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25 - Page 7 EmptyWed Dec 07, 2022 1:42 pm

Kikimalou wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Thank you for your kind words Rogério.  Very Happy

As a matter of fact, this rhino is not that hard to find. It is even more widespread than its larger and more illustrious contemporary. The latter had the chance to survive the "age of lead" before becoming an icon of the "age of plastic".
The Durso is a bit like a puzzle made of odds and ends but in the end it works: A creature of Frankenstein, only prettier  Laughing
Yes, I chuckled when I found out that Susanne had sent you the Lineol lion (I also cringed a bit with jealousy, but what can a poor macaque do in front of a crocodile?)  Crocodile  monkey
At that time the quality of Japanese toys was still very far from what it is today...
The Plaho moose are fantastic in my eyes, I also have the Marolin cow and I don't despair of getting my hands on the bull. If it happens I will make comparison pics.
The armadillo lizard is kind enough not to take up too much space on a shelf. For the gecko, he is indeed charming with his mouth open but he is noisy, I also like when he shut up from time to time.  Very Happy

Laughing Always interesting information, Christophe. I had no idea this Britains lead rhino was commoner than the other one. I also think I was not aware the Lineol lion was absent from your collection. I know this is a piece you would get immediately if you have found a good chance to get it. I hope you can find one for your collection too. monkey

sunny

Country/State : uk

PostSubject: Re: What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25   What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25 - Page 7 EmptyWed Dec 07, 2022 3:15 pm

Kikimalou wrote:

Thanks to the help of my friend Paige aka Saarloswolfhound, I was able to get some curiosities like these little wooden and composite animals, made in Germany, whose design is typical of the series attributed to the Kleiner company. I host a few and it's the kind of collection that gradually imposes itself on a collector. I acquired my first ones years ago in a batch, by chance and since then others have come to increase the numbers. I ended up liking their old-fashioned design, their corded tails and their wooden matchstick legs.  drunken

To close the "good old days" series, I also invited a moose and his lady to join my cabinets.
These are the VEB Plaho from DDR, they were only produced between 1967 and 1973 and are probably the rarest models in the series.
However, what has always attracted me is not their rarity (I would have preferred them to be easier to find) but their beauty. I find these two the most beautiful elands among plastic production from the 50s to the 90s.  I love you

Finally, I also have the honor to present two 1/1 scale lizards, produced in 2022 by the So-Ta company: An Armadillo lizard and a Banded knob tail gecko.
I love the defensive stance of the first, as for the second it comes with two different lower jaws and I find it hard to prefer one.

beautiful finds to add to your collection Christophe, congratulations!
I really love the 2 moose the most. Their detail is superb. Are they 1/32nd scale?

And I love the matchstick legs and cord tails on those old composition animals. The bison is a beauty. How amazing that Paige was able to get you these German models all the way over the Atlantic!! They must have had some journey.

The gecko is a beauty. My favourite is the photo of his side with his mouth just closed, but still open a tiny bit.

What an eclectic collection you have, I love it!
Back to top Go down
costicuba

costicuba

Country/State : Bulgaria

PostSubject: Re: What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25   What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25 - Page 7 EmptyMon Jan 02, 2023 3:02 pm

For december, you found again really nice and interesting models Kiki. Big congratulations ! cheers
I really like especially the beautiful VEB Plaho mooses I love you

p.s. ...I am preparing a box for you, for Jenuary ... finaly Embarassed

Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25   What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25 - Page 7 EmptyTue Jan 17, 2023 9:22 am

I'm sorry for my late answers, I'm happy you enjoy them and yes, the VEB Plaho Moose can be 1/32. Very Happy

December saw the arrival of 16 little new ones on my shelves. There are as usual some old things but also some young shoots to celebrate the end of the year.

Let's start with antiques made in France, a crocodile from Blancherie Frères, a Hyena from CBG Mignot and a Georges Munckle Ostrich.
I already had a BF crocodile but the color had faded so I couldn't resist when my eyes fell on this charming little reptile.
CBG Mignots are not hollow but solid lead, the brand is perhaps the oldest in the world still in operation. I do not know the date of manufacture of this little hyena but it is sure that it is an old hand.
I already have a brown hyena of the same mold but this new model is a very nice surprise for me.
As for the Ostrich, I wasn't particularly looking for it, but it's really too beautiful for me to resist.

Let's move on to another kind of antiques, these models are modern but the species represented left us alas a long time ago.

I like collecting extinct animals, especially non-dinosaurs.
The Xiphactinus is a fish that has fascinated me for a long time and I can't explain why I took so long to get the little gem concocted by CollectA. Better late than never because this model is a real success with finesse and elegance. The arrival of PNSO has somewhat reshuffled some cards, but CollectA continues to delight me every year.

I obviously couldn't resist Eofauna's Konobelodon. Once again the alchemy of the brand is there: An unexpected species, a precise sculpture, a very lively pose, a convincing painting and a dense material that gives confidence. Roll on the next one!

I made some room for a few mammals, the CollectA Bison, the PNSO swinging Warthog and the Safari Ltd WW Baribal.

Without forgetting two marsupials, the fabulous Mojo Red kangaroo bull and the friendly S&N Rock wallaby

For reptiles and amphibians, I couldn't pass up the Green Iguana and the Boa, two breathtaking models from CollectA. I took the opportunity to invite the Bearded Dragon to join the gang.
I also added the PNSO crocodile, Roger's presentation in the 1/32 topic made me crack, an excellent sleeping "giant".

As I had promised myself, Darwin CollectA's frog came to provide company to his little colleague from Colorata company. I hope the brand will continue to produce this kind of critters because this frog is remarkable.

Last but not least it was time to make place for the STS 2021 Woodland Figure of the year: The Papo European robin. Now that I have it in hands, It is obvious it deserved the crown !
There is one who comes regularly to taunt my cats in my garden and it is a real pleasure to admire him every time.

Last edited by Kikimalou on Tue Jan 17, 2023 9:32 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Joliezac

Joliezac

Country/State : New Jersey, USA

PostSubject: Re: What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25   What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25 - Page 7 EmptyTue Jan 17, 2023 9:31 am

So many beautiful new additions!!

I am always so impressed with Eofauna's models. I can't wait to see what they come up with next.

Lots of gems from CollectA & Mojo, so glad you now have the European robin!

cheers

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
https://joliezacc9d79.myportfolio.com/
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25   What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25 - Page 7 EmptyTue Jan 17, 2023 9:34 am

Thank you Jolie cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25   What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25 - Page 7 Empty

Back to top Go down

What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25
Page 7 of 18Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 12 ... 18  Next