Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25

Go down 
+34
Balaenoptera
rogerpgvg
Taos
Kikimalou
Joliezac
sunny
Jill
Roger
Caracal
widukind
Saien
Mitsukuni
MartinH
75senta75
Chris Sweetman
Shanti
SUSANNE
George
Loon
Birdsage
costicuba
Duck-Anch-Amun
spacelab
Stripedhyena
landrover
lucky luke
Saarlooswolfhound
Farm collector
Pardofelis
bmathison1972
A-J
Advicot
Bonnie
Ana
38 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 13 ... 18  Next
AuthorMessage
Caracal

Caracal

Country/State : France

What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25 - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25   What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25 - Page 8 EmptyTue Jan 17, 2023 9:45 pm

As usualy, very beautiful pictures of very attractive models! I particulary love the reptiles and the konobelodon! cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25   What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25 - Page 8 EmptyTue Jan 17, 2023 9:46 pm

Wonderful newcomers! The robin made me smile Very Happy So cute!
And I may need this Konobelodon too, such a cool model! Applause

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
Taos

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25   What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25 - Page 8 EmptyTue Jan 17, 2023 9:52 pm

Lovely additions!

bmathison1972

Country/State : Salt Lake City, UT

PostSubject: Re: What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25   What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25 - Page 8 EmptyTue Jan 17, 2023 9:56 pm

how big is the CollectA bearded dragon?

EDIT: Nevermind; I saw Suzanne's walkaround. Too big for me (that's OK; I have a nice Kaiyodo version)
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25   What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25 - Page 8 EmptyTue Jan 17, 2023 10:34 pm

Some truly splendid new models my friend, congratulations!

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25   What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25 - Page 8 EmptyWed Jan 18, 2023 7:56 am

Always interesting figures

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Mitsukuni

Mitsukuni

Country/State : United states/ohio

PostSubject: Re: What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25   What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25 - Page 8 EmptyWed Jan 18, 2023 7:43 pm

I’m sure everyone can guess which new addition is my favorite LOL! Yes absolutely in love with the little hyena, you’re the only collector I know of that has had the pleasure of owning one of these CBG Mignot beauties, and now you have a lovely pair cheers Where did you get them? If you don’t mind me asking:-) Anyway, lovely additions all round!

Saien

Country/State : Slovakia

PostSubject: Re: What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25   What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25 - Page 8 EmptyWed Jan 18, 2023 9:24 pm

Beautiful and interesting newcomers cheers : The Konobelodon is a good choice! Applause

rogerpgvg

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25   What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25 - Page 8 EmptyWed Jan 18, 2023 9:33 pm

Great additions! The texture and the colour of the Konobelodon almost makes it look like a composition model. I like the Eofauna proboscideans; in contrast to some other prehistoric models, it seems quite plausible that they really looked like this.

When I saw the robins in our own garden, I also started thinking of buying the Papo, but I haven't done it yet. Actually, I like all the Papo European birds.

Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25   What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25 - Page 8 EmptySat Jan 21, 2023 9:51 am

Thank you everybody  Very Happy  It seems Konobelodon is the most wanted here  Wink

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] I discovered it on eBay, it was the first time I saw one.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Papo European birds are indeed excellent, the others will be in my next modern stuff batch Very Happy
Back to top Go down
sunny

sunny

Country/State : uk

PostSubject: Re: What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25   What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25 - Page 8 EmptySun Jan 22, 2023 12:03 am

Congratulations on all your new friends Roger!
The fish looks fierce Very Happy What a Face I wonder what other animals lived in the water with it? It looks like it would attack everything - bigger or smaller Very Happy !
And I like the ostrich, it is very elegant and charming. The rock wallaby is so cute though, I love it!
Back to top Go down
Mitsukuni

Mitsukuni

PostSubject: Re: What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25   What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25 - Page 8 EmptySun Jan 22, 2023 4:48 am

That’s excellent cheers It’s good to know they can be found somewhere that is accessible to me:D

Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25   What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25 - Page 8 EmptySun Jan 29, 2023 12:50 am

When some friends tell me that they avoid the forum because it is very tempting and they get ruined easily, I always recall your pictures. It's a fact I have a few of these but easily new figures start tempting me when you are the photographer.
Look at that CollectA Darwin's frog. It has never been in my wish list but how can I avoid it now?
I knew you would get the Konobelodon. After receiving the straight-tusked elephant, I wanted so much one more EoFauna but I took a long time to decid between the Deinotheirum and the Stepe Mammoth. Meanwhile, the Konobelodon was announced and it was easy to take a decision. OK, soon I returned to the previous dilema. Laughing Maybe Deinotherium. elephant

Mitsukuni wrote:
That’s excellent cheers It’s good to know they can be found somewhere that is accessible to me:D

Isabella, you already know you have at least one address in Europe whenever you need. Wink

Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25   What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25 - Page 8 EmptySun Jan 29, 2023 1:31 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]: Thank you so much Barbara  Laughing

The Xiphactinus was indeed a fierce 5 meters fish of the late cretaceous. Speaking only of sea animal toys, it shared the seas with Plesiosaurs (like Brachauchenius, Dolichorhynchops, Elasmosaurus, Futabasaurus, Hydrotherosaurus, Mauisaurus), Sea turtles (like Archelon), Mosasaurs (like Tylosaurus, Moanasaurus, Mosasaurus and Ectenosaurus) and Sharks (like Cretoxyrhina, Scapanorhynchus)

The rock wallaby and the ostrich thank you  Very Happy

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]: Yes they can be found somewhere that is accessible to you but when one appears, don't think twice Wink

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]: I would like to know the names of your friends who avoid STS so as not to be tempted, especially by my photos. scratch Laughing
Rogério, tell yourself that if figurines are tempting you because of my photos, it's because I was unfortunately tempted BEFORE taking the photos. The first victim is me! Laughing
Look at that CollectA Darwin's frog cyclops cyclops cyclops You NEED it Rogério cyclops cyclops cyclops Repeat after me.... Wink
After the Konobelodon, I would go for the Deinotherium Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25   What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25 - Page 8 EmptySun Jan 29, 2023 2:12 pm

Christophe, I love to blame on you. Laughing
Oh, it is your fault because your pictures are so beautiful. Razz
Actually, what I know is a few members on forum that follow your arrivals with excitment because pictures are excellent and your collecting taste is very eclectic.
I am one of them, I remember joining STS searching for figures to give to my niece and when I watched your figures with your passion and superior photographic skills, I got tempted to collect. It was almost as decisive as when I found the first Papo in a local shop and there was a lioness and a cheetah telliing me to get them.
I'm surely going for the Darwin's frog soon or later and I'll repeat with you:
- After the Konobelodon, I would go for the Deinotherium Laughing

Mitsukuni

PostSubject: Re: What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25   What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25 - Page 8 EmptySun Jan 29, 2023 4:46 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Lol thank you my friend, you’re always looking out for me and my hyena addiction Laughing

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] you can bet another one pops up I will not hesitateXD

Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25   What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25 - Page 8 EmptySat Feb 11, 2023 10:10 pm

So what's new for 2023 ? Only old stuff ? Well no ! Shocked
In January, 14 newcomers join my tribe. Just for once, the most "antique" was born in 2016  Wink
But let's start at the beginning, the hunt for Bullyland. The "resurrection" of the brand in 2021 did not pass me by. 4 models on my want list, it doesn't happen every year.
Two arrived in January and a third is on the way.
But here is first Ranitomeya amazonica, for this species there are only two known models, the Kitan club of 2013 and the Bullyland. The little Japanese is probably 1/1 scale and I would have liked to get my hands on it, so far it's missed. The Bullyland is a very nice frog but is much bigger, in 2.5/1 scale, I only have one other critter, no matter they will keep each other company
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

The second Bullyland is the very nice Military macaw (scale between 1/4.7 and 1/6.3) which joined my 1/6 shelf. The big problem with this one is choosing which side will be exposed.

The CollectA Cameroon sailfin chameleon has invaded my 1/1.5 shelf where it will keep company with a certain Bushbaby from Safari Ltd. I hesitated for a long time before letting him into my house, I found the pose a little too rigid for my taste. In the end, it brings joy and color to this corner of my jungle: So good pick!

For the CollectA Common Zebra too I hesitated because of the position of the front legs but finally it found its place in my 1/18 savannah.

About my 1/18 collection, since I showed it on STS, I was a bit worried about my lonesome Guanaco, so I searched for a good companion. Among the cougars available today, the Papo seemed like a good choice to me, I like its looks and its size was promising.
It might be the perfect candidate if Papo's painting of felines (and canines) hadn't declined to such an extent. Good-bye the finesse of the first models, as for the eyes, this cougar must have taken illicit substances.  affraid bA little makeover wouldn't hurt it.b Very Happy

I thought I had enough elephants (too many) in my collection but since I followed Roger's adventures in the land of 1/32 Papo's angry elephant was running around in my head a little too much. Well it's over, now he walks his bad mood in my 1/35 collection.

I have long wanted to welcome a Piranha into my home. The one of my dreams is the Kaiyodo but it is really too expensive for me. I hope that the Papo will be able to console me and make me forget my sorrow...

I'm a huge fan of the Mojo Alligator which rules my 1/15 collection. I still have a lot of affection for my old Safari Ltd. So why go broke for the Papo? It is irresistible and perfect for filling a hole in my 1/22 shelves.

Look at that head! And those eyes! They look at you with appetitev Laughing

We no longer present the Papo Red squirrel, it is really excellent.

I remember a time when certain Papo birds were absolutely awful to me: the stork, the ostrich, the vulture, the pink flamingo... No way to appreciate their strange gaits and their bizarre legs.
For some time now all that has changed and I look forward every year to what Papo will concoct for us. The spoonbill (1/8 ), Eurasian magpie (a long awaited bird… 1/5) and the Cormorant (1/12) are all so delicious.

As for the Macaw Bullyland, it is difficult to choose the side to expose. When we look at the nuances of the plumage we really have a hard time accepting that Papo can offer us cougars painted in a hurry

A small detour by the Armorican Coasts to feast (the eyes...) with this magnificent Lobster (1/7).

I ended up adopting a Megaloceros. I held on for a while but nothing resists the lack of firmness of a macaque. After all, the best way to get rid of a temptation is to give in to it. For my 1/25 shelvesf cheers

Last but not least, a family portrait

Last edited by Kikimalou on Sun Dec 31, 2023 5:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25   What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25 - Page 8 EmptySat Feb 11, 2023 10:33 pm

This time most of your new additions are already in my collection.
From those I don't have yet, I really like the chameleon.
I am not sure I was aware the Mojö Alligator was so noticiably larger than the Papo, I only have the French one and I really love it. I ahve the CollectA which is not much popular but it at least as a gator stance with its belly not dragging like a crocodile.
I agree the Papo squirrel is a perfect figure, I was not expecting to see a better squirrel than the 2nd CollectA generation. Especially from Papo since their previous model was quite boring. 2023 is another interesting Papo year, the brand is doing very well these years despite the lack of painting quality of some pumas. Laughing

bmathison1972

Country/State : Salt Lake City, UT

PostSubject: Re: What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25   What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25 - Page 8 EmptySat Feb 11, 2023 11:18 pm

Nice; I have all but four of these (elephant, red squirrel, piranha, and goofy-looking puma)
Back to top Go down
lucky luke

lucky luke

Country/State : FRANCE Saint-Louis

PostSubject: Re: What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25   What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25 - Page 8 EmptySat Feb 11, 2023 11:22 pm

Very Happy Applause cheers
Back to top Go down
sunny

sunny

Country/State : uk

PostSubject: Re: What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25   What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25 - Page 8 EmptySun Feb 12, 2023 12:38 am

sunny wrote:
Congratulations on all your new friends Roger!
The fish looks fierce Very Happy What a Face  I wonder what other animals lived in the water with it? It looks like it would attack everything - bigger or smaller Very Happy !
And I like the ostrich, it is very elegant and charming. The rock wallaby is so cute though, I love it!

Kikimalou wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]: Thank you so much Barbara  Laughing

The Xiphactinus was indeed a fierce 5 meters fish of the late cretaceous. Speaking only of sea animal toys, it shared the seas with Plesiosaurs (like Brachauchenius, Dolichorhynchops, Elasmosaurus, Futabasaurus, Hydrotherosaurus, Mauisaurus), Sea turtles (like Archelon), Mosasaurs (like Tylosaurus, Moanasaurus, Mosasaurus and Ectenosaurus) and Sharks (like Cretoxyrhina, Scapanorhynchus)

The rock wallaby and the ostrich thank you  Very Happy

hahaha deary me!! sorry for calling you the wrong name Christophe !! I don't know how that happened Palmface

I've just spent a long time looking up all those cretaceous creatures. What a world it must have been!

The Loch Ness Monster is said to be related to the plesiosuars!
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25   What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25 - Page 8 EmptySun Feb 12, 2023 7:36 am

Each one of these is simply fantastic, all supreme choices! And I think you have convinced me on the Papo elephant after Roger teased me with it... drunken

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Taos

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25   What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25 - Page 8 EmptySun Feb 12, 2023 4:08 pm

Great additions!!!

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25   What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25 - Page 8 EmptySun Feb 12, 2023 4:57 pm

Beautieful additions

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25   What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25 - Page 8 EmptySun Feb 12, 2023 5:01 pm

Lovely newcomers! cheers

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25   What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25 - Page 8 Empty

Back to top Go down

What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25
Page 8 of 18Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 13 ... 18  Next