Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated May 10

Go down 
+34
Balaenoptera
rogerpgvg
Taos
Kikimalou
Joliezac
sunny
Jill
Roger
Caracal
widukind
Saien
Mitsukuni
MartinH
75senta75
Chris Sweetman
Shanti
SUSANNE
George
Loon
Birdsage
costicuba
Duck-Anch-Amun
spacelab
Stripedhyena
landrover
lucky luke
Saarlooswolfhound
Farm collector
Pardofelis
bmathison1972
A-J
Advicot
Bonnie
Ana
38 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 14 ... 19  Next
AuthorMessage
Stripedhyena

Stripedhyena

Country/State : Spain

What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated May 10 - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated May 10   What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated May 10 - Page 10 EmptyFri Mar 17, 2023 10:47 am

I love the Jeol lion.

The reindeer is Hausser Elastolin, the paint is older than that of the Preiser, which was sold in the late 80s-first half of the 90s.
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated May 10   What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated May 10 - Page 10 EmptyFri Mar 17, 2023 11:35 am

I wasn't sure for the reindeer, thank you Ricardo Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated May 10   What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated May 10 - Page 10 EmptySat Mar 18, 2023 7:01 pm

So many stunning models, and I love how you have presented your additions, so beautifully written and with perfect photos! sunny cheers
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated May 10   What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated May 10 - Page 10 EmptySat Mar 18, 2023 7:09 pm

Thank you Lillias
Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated May 10   What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated May 10 - Page 10 EmptyMon Mar 20, 2023 7:03 am

Fantastic newcomers and such beautiful photos! cheers
This zebra is just precious I love you And that unpainted model reminds me of our STS model painting month. Maybe we could continue the tradition this year? Maybe it could be your victim? Very Happy Wink

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated May 10   What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated May 10 - Page 10 EmptyMon Mar 20, 2023 8:37 am

Ana wrote:
Fantastic newcomers and such beautiful photos! cheers
This zebra is just precious I love you And that unpainted model reminds me of our STS model painting month. Maybe we could continue the tradition this year? Maybe it could be your victim? Very Happy Wink

Even if I missed the first editions Palmface , I would be happy to participate in 2023 to this new great tradition cheers
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated May 10   What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated May 10 - Page 10 EmptyThu Apr 06, 2023 7:28 pm

March has passed and, unfortunately, animals from all eras and origins have come again to disrupt my weight loss plans. The life of a collector is often difficult and full of pitfalls!

SO ? March was almost Tortoise month with no less than five newcomers, bad luck, one of my recruits arrived in pieces in the package. Her little sister will come to replace her later.
And then even if she had survived the trip, the Tortoises were overtaken by another armored army, those of the Rhinoceros with 6 additions.
So you got it, March is the Rhino month!

So what's up ? Only old at first with some hollow lead.
I finally got my hands on the two most iconic Indian rhinos in toy history: The Rhino and its baby from Britains Ltd, created in the early 1930s, they continued their plastic career from the 1960s These are definitely the Indian rhinos with the record for longevity. They also beat another record, that of the most copied Indian rhinos in history.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Apart from that, I also welcomed the hollowcast lead Cherilea, quite rare to find and part of the famous Singing Rhinoceros subspecies.

For the next three it's a real discovery, a black panther, a tiger and especially an Indian rhinoceros from the Belgian company Solido(Bel), not to be confused with the French brand Solido(Fr). This Brussels brand is known (quite badly) for having produced toy soldiers in composition and in plastic, but no information on metal production. I had already seen the black panther on the SP1/32 forum and it was while looking for it that I discovered a nest. The tiger shares the same mold as the panther but the real surprise, the icing on the cake, was to discover an absolutely unknown Rhinoceros. Happiness in its purest form !

In the metal department I also got a Barrett & Sons Tigress for a reasonable price, it's a piece I've been searching for a long time to live with the Tiger of the same brand. It is not a masterpiece of realism but the painting is captivating. I must remember to take a picture of the couple.

For the other "antiques", some Compos came to clutter my shelves. First of all a gray and red rhino of unknown brand, I was hunting it for a long time. It isn’t from a prestigious brand but I only came across one in my life as a collector and since then it haunted my dreams. Thanks to Ulrich Raue, it now haunts one of my displays.

There is also this small Trico Japanese Giraffe who has been there for a while but arrived with an injured leg. I operated on the animal with a "minimum" restoration, I tried to save the leg but I didn’t touch the ear for example, nor to repair the small cracks here and there.
Given the differences in colour, shine on the animal and especially the hooves’ height, I even wondered if it hadn’t already been patched up. Finally I don’t think so because the hooves material is the same as the one you see under the belly. Moreover, this isn’t the first time that I have seen models from the immediate post-war period with approximate paintwork. (Economic problems I guess)

Finally, there is the arrival of this Unicorn rhino, of unknown brand and whose terrible story you can discover [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.].

In the vintage section, there is also the coming of a Tyrannosaurus and two Bisons who left England and Taos to live in my house.

Tyrannosaurus Invicta, Bison New-ray and Timpo.  Very Happy

What else is new? New things

From CollectA I adopted the Mountain gorilla and the Nautilus.

From Safari Ltd, the Cassowary and the Tasmanian devil landed.

A small Tortoise from Schleich

And one from Mojo fun

The TNG Woolly Mammoth and Stegodon. I can show you walkarounds of these two beauties [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] and [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.].

From Japan, a small Crocodile of brand unknown to me.

Finally, local business  with Papo, the Great Tit and the Andean Condor.  cheers

Let's leave the world of toys, I also adopted Herping Tortoises, a Lonesome Georges and an African spurred tortoise. There was a third one, but it died on the way.  Crying or Very sad
I am not a collector of non-toys, far from it, but I find it hard to resist the charms of the Tortoises since I was offered the Hausser elastolin when I was a young boy.

Finally the March family photo where I completely forgot the two TNG  Embarassed   What a Face Sorry
Back to top Go down
Stripedhyena

Stripedhyena

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated May 10   What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated May 10 - Page 10 EmptyThu Apr 06, 2023 8:21 pm

The Cherilea rhinoceros is, without a doubt, my favorite of all you show. I will always be fascinated by rhino figures with their mouths open. It is a very artistic pose and not very popular or commercial. Besides, it has not been repeated in the figures of the great modern brands, which seem to prefer the stillness and the more academic rictus in their poses.

The rebuilt black unicorn has the imprint of a Danolin deconstructed from a Neoform and restored by the famous brand Charlon...

I love the unknown crocodile. If you find out the maker or find a double one, let me know please Wink
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated May 10   What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated May 10 - Page 10 EmptyThu Apr 06, 2023 10:00 pm

Superb photos and new additions! Congrats!

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated May 10   What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated May 10 - Page 10 EmptyFri Apr 07, 2023 2:30 am

Your ability to find obscure figures is impressive. I love htem, they sound like alternative rock to me. Wink
It is great you rescued that unicorn with that African neck. What an unusual design.
Are htose tortoise scientific models?

Joliezac

Country/State : New Jersey, USA

PostSubject: Re: What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated May 10   What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated May 10 - Page 10 EmptyFri Apr 07, 2023 4:02 am

So many beautiful models!! I absolutely love those tortoises!! I love you Excellent CollectA, Safari, & Papo additions as well! The Safari cassowary is one of my favorites

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
https://joliezacc9d79.myportfolio.com/
Duck-Anch-Amun

Country/State : Luxembourg

PostSubject: Re: What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated May 10   What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated May 10 - Page 10 EmptyFri Apr 07, 2023 6:47 am

What a batch Very Happy
Back to top Go down
lucky luke

lucky luke

Country/State : FRANCE Saint-Louis

PostSubject: Re: What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated May 10   What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated May 10 - Page 10 EmptyFri Apr 07, 2023 9:41 am

Congratulations Christophe fantastic addition. Very Happy Applause cheers
Back to top Go down
MartinH

MartinH

Country/State : Czech Republic

PostSubject: Re: What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated May 10   What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated May 10 - Page 10 EmptyFri Apr 07, 2023 9:48 am

Amazing newcomers. Congrats Chris. I love those turtles!!

https://www.martinhcollection.cz/
Caracal

Caracal

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated May 10   What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated May 10 - Page 10 EmptyFri Apr 07, 2023 10:44 am

You forgot the most attractive models according to me, in your general picture, I mean the TNG models who make me to dool! But many others would be so well on my shelves like the cassowary and the andean condor who didn't fly to here until now.

As you know, I do not collect metal nor compo models but seeing your so beautiful pictures could give me the desire to change my mind, I must be prudent for they are a little hipnotic! cheers  cheers  drunken

Back to top Go down
rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

PostSubject: Re: What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated May 10   What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated May 10 - Page 10 EmptyFri Apr 07, 2023 4:37 pm

Always great to see your new additions. So much variety and great photos. The Herping tortoises are stunning. Are they made of resin? I am hoping that one day, you'll make a historic overview of all your rhinos.

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated May 10   What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated May 10 - Page 10 EmptyFri Apr 07, 2023 6:01 pm

Superb additions! cheers

Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated May 10   What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated May 10 - Page 10 EmptyFri Apr 07, 2023 9:18 pm

Thank you all for visiting my additions topic  sunny

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] The Cherilea rhinoceros is certainly a rare and lovely model but my favorite March lead rhino is, without a doubt, the Solido(Bel), it is the first time I see one and I don't know any collector who has heard of him or any other animals. A new "Terra incognia" to explore... I love that  Very Happy
The rebuilt black unicorn is indeed an intriguing mutant  Laughing
I will try to know more about the japanese crocodile and I tell you if I cross his brother's path.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Alternative rock ? Exactly  cheers

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] The Safari cassowary is indeed a great model and I am unable to resist a great model for long and a Cassowary either  Very Happy

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]  the Tortoises are made of a kind of clay, something like a biscuit ceramic. I bought the "small" models HERE.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Indeed the TNG models are at the good size for your taste but the cassowary and the andean condor would break your heart too  Wink
If one day you come back around Lille when I'm there I will try to make you crack with the real models in my displays  Very Happy

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Opening a "Kikimalou's Indian rhinos show" topic is one of my projects. I would like to show also all my different "scale" collections, my Vintage metal, composition and plastic collections too. One of the great dramas of my life is I have always many more projects than time to do.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated May 10   What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated May 10 - Page 10 EmptyFri Apr 07, 2023 11:32 pm

Christophe, thanks for the link but I think the Asian rhinos topic is a priority. Scales topics you can update sporadically but it would be fantastic to get an overview of your rhino's collection. Wink

Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated May 10   What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated May 10 - Page 10 EmptySat Apr 08, 2023 12:19 am

Rogério I still have maybe more than twenty scale collections to show plus the three I already share, believe me we aren't on a sporadic tempo Laughing If I show one by month, we will have an overview for Christmas 2024  santa
And what about the Indian and other Unicorn rhinos...? If I show one each week we will finish on may or june 2024.  affraid
I also need to pursue my monthly "what's new" and a few walkarounds I want to do  Palmface
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated May 10   What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated May 10 - Page 10 EmptySat Apr 08, 2023 12:56 am

Kikimalou wrote:
Rogério I still have maybe more than twenty scale collections to show plus the three I already share, believe me we aren't on a sporadic tempo Laughing If I show one by month, we will have an overview for Christmas 2024  santa
And what about the Indian and other Unicorn rhinos...? If I show one each week we will finish on may or june 2024.  affraid
I also need to pursue my monthly "what's new" and a few walkarounds I want to do  Palmface

lol! You're right and it is wonderful you find time for so many projects and I will be here as long as I can to follow them. I only wanted to know which rhinos do you have. I hope to give more useful contributions too but I'm still restoring my soul. Wink

Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated May 10   What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated May 10 - Page 10 EmptySat Apr 08, 2023 8:25 am

What about your soul Rogério ? 😵💫
I will be happy to help the restoration. I never practice with crocs but I trained my skills with black unicorn rhinos 😂
Back to top Go down
rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

PostSubject: Re: What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated May 10   What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated May 10 - Page 10 EmptySat Apr 08, 2023 10:30 pm

I know, it is surprising how busy this hobby keeps us. No worries, I will enjoy any of the other topics too.

Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated May 10   What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated May 10 - Page 10 EmptySun Apr 09, 2023 10:50 am

Roger wrote:
Kikimalou wrote:

lol! You're right and it is wonderful you find time for so many projects and I will be here as long as I can to follow them. I only wanted to know which rhinos do you have. I hope to give more useful contributions too but I'm still restoring my soul. Wink

rogerpgvg wrote:
I know, it is surprising how busy this hobby keeps us. No worries, I will enjoy any of the other topics too.

Very Happy

And I'm already working on a plan to accomplish what I just told you Palmface , after all you don't have to sprint when you can run a marathon. Laughing

So I will soon open a long-term topic on my Indian rhinos, while preparing the presentation of a new "scale" shelf without forgetting the rest of my projects Wink
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated May 10   What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated May 10 - Page 10 EmptyMon Apr 10, 2023 12:12 am

Kikimalou wrote:
What about your soul Rogério ? 😵💫
I will be happy to help the restoration. I never practice with crocs but I trained my skills with black unicorn rhinos 😂

Laughing affraid Laughing You're already helping. Wink
Nice to know also about your rhino marathon. bounce Very Happy

PostSubject: Re: What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated May 10   What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated May 10 - Page 10 Empty

Back to top Go down

What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated May 10
Page 10 of 19Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 14 ... 19  Next