Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25

Go down 
+34
Balaenoptera
rogerpgvg
Taos
Kikimalou
Joliezac
sunny
Jill
Roger
Caracal
widukind
Saien
Mitsukuni
MartinH
75senta75
Chris Sweetman
Shanti
SUSANNE
George
Loon
Birdsage
costicuba
Duck-Anch-Amun
spacelab
Stripedhyena
landrover
lucky luke
Saarlooswolfhound
Farm collector
Pardofelis
bmathison1972
A-J
Advicot
Bonnie
Ana
38 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 18  Next
AuthorMessage
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25 - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25   What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25 - Page 12 EmptySat Jun 10, 2023 7:55 am

It is really interesting. It looks Pfeiifer have colour variations. Because your Albatross looks like a short tailed Albatross. My figur dont have a yellow head, only simply white.

And my kangaroo is inside the ears - white.

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25   What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25 - Page 12 EmptySat Jun 10, 2023 8:42 am

Of course, the Pfeiffers have undergone variations, not just in paint but also in the materials used.
The Kangaroo was produced from 1914 to 1965, and the Albatross has been around since at least the 1930s, so their lifespans have been long.
Back to top Go down
Stripedhyena

Stripedhyena

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25   What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25 - Page 12 EmptySat Jun 10, 2023 1:44 pm

Christophe, I don't know if the Preiser figures give off something very identifiable to the naked eye or if it's just me because of they were the figures I played with in my childhood -along with the Schleich and AAA figures-....

A very characteristic feature of the Preiser figures is that there are no paint variations on the same model even if they were produced in different years. Another feature is that their final touch is too matte and they are also more fragile (painting and plastic) than the Hausser figures of the 60s and 70s.
Here you have a picture of the Preiser ibex (in its later packaging), as you can see the paint -and the ears or fur- does not match the catalogue image.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I also remember that I had the catalogue when I was a kid and I was very frustrated that the painting of the gazelles, giraffes and zebras I had was not the same as ones of the diorama image on the back cover.

* Hurray for the albatross practically given away! Those are the finds we love! Cool
Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

Country/State : Salt Lake City, UT

PostSubject: Re: What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25   What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25 - Page 12 EmptySat Jun 10, 2023 1:53 pm

Nice Bandai figures! My virus has become pandemic Shocked Cool Razz
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25   What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25 - Page 12 EmptySat Jun 10, 2023 2:35 pm

Stripedhyena wrote:
Christophe, I don't know if the Preiser figures give off something very identifiable to the naked eye or if it's just me because of they were the figures I played with in my childhood -along with the Schleich and AAA figures-....

A very characteristic feature of the Preiser figures is that there are no paint variations on the same model even if they were produced in different years. Another feature is that their final touch is too matte and they are also more fragile (painting and plastic) than the Hausser figures of the 60s and 70s.
Here you have a picture of the Preiser ibex (in its later packaging), as you can see the paint -and the ears or fur- does not match the catalogue image.

I also remember that I had the catalogue when I was a kid and I was very frustrated that the painting of the gazelles, giraffes and zebras I had was not the same as ones of the diorama image on the back cover.

* Hurray for the albatross practically given away! Those are the finds we love! Cool

Well I never played with a Preiser in my youth because they didn't exist then  Laughing  All I can say is mine has a smooth, soft painting as the few Hausser 70mm I met and not matte.  Very Happy It doesn't look like the ones you are showing. scratch

bmathison1972 wrote:
Nice Bandai figures! My virus has become pandemic Shocked Cool Razz

It's a real plague Laughing , I already wait for some more of that kind What a Face  cheers
Back to top Go down
Taos

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25   What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25 - Page 12 EmptySat Jun 10, 2023 6:20 pm

Superb additions!!!! Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause

sunny

Country/State : uk

PostSubject: Re: What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25   What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25 - Page 12 EmptySat Jun 10, 2023 9:56 pm

Kikimalou wrote:

I paid less than 6€ for the Albatross, shipping and taxes included  cheers  cheers  cheers  cheers

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] I will make a comparison pic soon fo the two Pfeiffer zebras  Very Happy
Well the Auk is a Penguin for Pfeiffer but I agree it is an odd penguin  Laughing

Thank you for the Ibex and leopard, they are dancing on their shelves now  Very Happy  I will try to fin a Drooling emoji then  Wink

here are some pics of my ibex Christophe. You can see some paint off the hooves, because it was stuck to the glue on the little scenic diorama it was part of.

And it is next to my zebra that I mentioned. Which in fact looks nothing like your zebra! My one is a composition.

I look forward to your zebra comparison!

And the penguin is very cute then, for being a penguin and not an auk Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25   What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25 - Page 12 EmptySat Jun 10, 2023 10:52 pm

Very interesting Ibex Annette, never heard of one like yours. Your zebra isn't exactly a Zebra it is a Hausser Elastolin zebra foal. I don't have it.

The Pfeiffer is also a composition figure of course. Very Happy

I will show a pic with the small Pfeiffer you are waiting for Wink
Back to top Go down
Jill

Jill

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25   What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25 - Page 12 EmptySun Jun 11, 2023 11:18 pm

Wow wonderful! Those invertebrates are incredible, but I love the porcupine(?) the most. Congratulations, especially on finding usually pricey figures for a great deal. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25   What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25 - Page 12 EmptySun Jun 18, 2023 7:31 pm

Thank you very much Jill, theTipple-Topple Porcupine is so happy to know it is loved Very Happy

A comparison pic for you Annette Very Happy
Back to top Go down
sunny

sunny

PostSubject: Re: What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25   What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25 - Page 12 EmptyMon Jun 19, 2023 12:03 am

Thank you for the comparison Christophe!
That zebra looks smaller than my foal. Still all so very beautiful! That large composition really is very big then?!
I checked out the foal on wiki (my foal), and the one in wiki has different paint and pinker ears. Both of them have a ridge going their back. They really are nice models!
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25   What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25 - Page 12 EmptyMon Jun 19, 2023 6:10 pm

The Big one is not really bigger than other composition zebras.
Back to top Go down
sunny

sunny

PostSubject: Re: What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25   What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25 - Page 12 EmptyTue Jun 20, 2023 3:21 am

oh? I think this is the first big one I have ever seen!
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25   What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25 - Page 12 EmptyWed Aug 09, 2023 9:34 pm

So what about June and July additions ? Very Happy

I don't know if it's because of global warming, but more and more gigantic insects are invading my house these days. affraid
I've fallen for some Bandai 'Diversity of life' again: a Citrus long-horned beetle (with or without wings), a Homoderus mellyi, a Seven-spot ladybird (with or without wings) and a Golofa porteri.

I still didn't have a ladybird in my collection. When I discovered Bandai, I knew that a great love story had just begun. drunken

I've also got my hands on a Lion from Bullyland, which I think has an irresistible personality... so I couldn't resist! Laughing

The Pachyrhinosaurus Haolonggood brightened up my shelves at 1/35. I thought my 'Jurassic Park' 2023 would be placed under the clutches of CollectA and TNG, but Haolonggood turned the tables and this is the third model I've added to my collection. A fourth has already arrived! Wink

You can watch a walkaround of the guy [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I was really looking forward to the arrival of Kaiyodo's "Extinct Animals" set. I'm a bit disappointed, though, because whereas the CQM years saw an improvement in the quality of the puzzles, with joints that were much less visible than before, I feel like I'm witnessing a step backwards in this respect. It's a shame because the sculptures are very beautiful, except for the Platybelodon, which gives me pimples.
The Megatherium, Spectacled cormorant, Steller’s sea cow and Thylacosmilus.
I chose to show the Steller’s sea cow without the ”glass”.

To finish with the Cretaceous, I got myself a Tyrannosaurus Grab'n Go from Rebor.
In 2013 I loved watching the film Dinotasia, particularly the scenes with the Trex and their war paint-style heads. I found a bit of that spirit in this Rebor. So beautiful! cheers

It's time to tell you about the fairy Yvette aka 75senta75 sunny and the Kleinwelka dinosaur park in Germany. This park, which was located in the GDR at the time, produced a series of dinosaur figurines that are well known to fans of vintage toys. What is less well known is that a series of 6 wild animals were also released. I'd missed out on the complete series years ago, at the time I didn't even know what they were, but thanks to Yvette's help I was able to get my hands on two of them, the Camel and the Lion. I hope that the future will allow me to complete the series, starting with the Indian rhinoceros of course. bounce
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/url

To complete the team, two Bullylands and a Papo also made the trip from Munich: a Funnel-Web Spider, a Peacock poison dart frog and a Rose chafer. Very Happy

I also bought the White Rhinoceros WW on eBay for a small price and the seller was kind enough to offer me the Zebre WW as an extra. Thank you, thank you, thank you! cheers

Last but not least, Yvette took the opportunity to send me some animals to make up, as she's always worried that I'm going to run out! Thank you so much my friend I love you

Hausser Elastolin Bactrian camel, Dromedary, Tiger and Monkey with mirror

a Lineol IV tiger cub

a Lisanto Lion ( one more… It's my fourth)

and a Pfeiffer mini Lion

Finally, a few figures from Ricardo aka StripedHyena, a Durso Wild boar, a MIC rhinoceros and a Happinet, a rhino from Gulliver (Brazil) which is a lookalike of the Spanish Teixido, a couple of Heinerle hippos, a crocodile and a gecko from Juplay. Many thanks Ricardo sunny

Finally, the two family portraits from June...

...and July
Back to top Go down
Balaenoptera

Balaenoptera

Country/State : The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25   What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25 - Page 12 EmptyWed Aug 09, 2023 10:09 pm

Those are some great additions cheers
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25   What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25 - Page 12 EmptyWed Aug 09, 2023 10:21 pm

Balaenoptera wrote:
Those are some great additions cheers

Thank you very much cheers
Back to top Go down
Taos

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25   What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25 - Page 12 EmptyWed Aug 09, 2023 10:28 pm

Superb additions!!!

Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25   What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25 - Page 12 EmptyWed Aug 09, 2023 11:16 pm

So many splendid models congratulations! That poor white lion better watch out! (in the family pic)

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

Country/State : Salt Lake City, UT

PostSubject: Re: What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25   What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25 - Page 12 EmptyWed Aug 09, 2023 11:47 pm

Nice to see someone else collecting Bandai insects. They're really nice, aren't' they!?!
Back to top Go down
sunny

sunny

PostSubject: Re: What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25   What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25 - Page 12 EmptyThu Aug 10, 2023 6:13 am

Kikimalou wrote:
So what about June and July additions ? Very Happy

the manatee is beautiful, with or without the glass. I love the birds on his/her head!

Congratulations on so many wonderful new friends Christophe!
the happinet? rhino is very interesting, I've never seen it before. And the first rhino, running on feet that are at an angle is very remarkable for a model toy. That's good sculpting, and it looks great!
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25   What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25 - Page 12 EmptyThu Aug 10, 2023 6:38 am

Very impressive newcomers

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25   What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25 - Page 12 EmptyThu Aug 10, 2023 5:39 pm

Thank you Taylor and Andreas Very Happy

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]: You've got the wrong idea about the spider's intentions, she's just shouting at the rhinoceros "Watch out there's something with teeth that wants to bite your ear!" Laughing

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]: yes Bandai insects are very addictive. drunken I will be unable to collect them all because of lack of space and money but I will try to buy the ones I love the most. The great thing is they are really cheap for the quality provided. cheers

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]: I love the birds too but they aren't on a manatee, it is a Steller's sea cow. Very Happy
I didn't know about the Happinet rhino either until Ricardo told me about it. I don't collect articulated figures like Playmobils but I do have two exceptions and they're Indian rhinos.
The Safari Ltd WW White rhino is big but it is great and there was a hole to fill on my 1/15 shelves Laughing
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25   What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25 - Page 12 EmptyThu Aug 10, 2023 5:50 pm

Ha! I didn't even notice the T. rex whispering sweetly disturbing nothings into that poor rhino's ear.  Laughing Palmface

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25   What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25 - Page 12 EmptyThu Aug 10, 2023 6:28 pm

Saarlooswolfhound wrote:
Ha! I didn't even notice the T. rex whispering sweetly disturbing nothings into that poor rhino's ear.  Laughing Palmface

Yes, in fact, he's whispering to her: be careful, that leggy black bug on your left is gesticulating aggressively, don't get too close! Laughing
Back to top Go down
rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25   What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25 - Page 12 EmptyThu Aug 10, 2023 8:42 pm

The Bandai insects are absolutely beautiful! Yes, I can see why you are a bit disappointed by the Kaiyodos, but they are still well sculpted. I am curious about the Platybelodon Very Happy. Is the Pfeiffer mini lion so very small or the other models in the photo so large?

PostSubject: Re: What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25   What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25 - Page 12 Empty

Back to top Go down

What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25
Page 12 of 18Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 18  Next