Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated May 10

Go down 
+34
Balaenoptera
rogerpgvg
Taos
Kikimalou
Joliezac
sunny
Jill
Roger
Caracal
widukind
Saien
Mitsukuni
MartinH
75senta75
Chris Sweetman
Shanti
SUSANNE
George
Loon
Birdsage
costicuba
Duck-Anch-Amun
spacelab
Stripedhyena
landrover
lucky luke
Saarlooswolfhound
Farm collector
Pardofelis
bmathison1972
A-J
Advicot
Bonnie
Ana
38 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 19  Next
AuthorMessage
Taos

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated May 10 - Page 14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated May 10   What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated May 10 - Page 14 EmptyFri Nov 10, 2023 9:15 pm

Lovely additions-especially like the Husky!!

Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated May 10   What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated May 10 - Page 14 EmptySat Nov 11, 2023 12:49 am

Oh my gosh these are all lovely! Gorgeous new models from wonderful friends. Congratulations.

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated May 10   What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated May 10 - Page 14 EmptySat Nov 11, 2023 3:58 pm

Very good gift :)

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated May 10   What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated May 10 - Page 14 EmptySun Nov 12, 2023 12:08 am

Wonderful gesture, Christophe! You surely deserved it. cheers

sunny

Country/State : uk

PostSubject: Re: What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated May 10   What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated May 10 - Page 14 EmptySun Nov 12, 2023 12:38 am

Kikimalou wrote:

As usual now, the family portrait of the month
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

those are some huge insects! Must take us back hundreds of millions of years Very Happy it's amazing how detailed and accurate they are.
and I really like the woolly rhino! Congratulations Christophe!
Back to top Go down
sunny

sunny

PostSubject: Re: What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated May 10   What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated May 10 - Page 14 EmptySun Nov 12, 2023 12:45 am

Kikimalou wrote:

The traditional family portrait

Once again I'm very happy and moved.  drunken  Embarassed

Congratulations Christophe on such a wonderful family and the generosity and kindness of your friends! Really LOVE your family portraits by the way! They could make such a joyful 'book' to gaze thru longingly.
Every one has been painted so exquisitely, and they remind me of older style painting models, which I think suits your worldly collection. I really love every single model and their individual artistic streak, especially how the darker fur is showing thru the top white coat of some of them! I also love Jim's beautiful take on the polar bear, reminds me of a thick acrylic 1950's style painting, as well as a last century oil painting, where the artist uses blocks to show shape and form. I love that boldness applied to a 3d model! Bravo!
And Alain's polar bear is a beauty with the darker patch extended from the top of the nose. Brilliant attention to detail Applause sunny
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated May 10   What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated May 10 - Page 14 EmptyMon Nov 13, 2023 11:29 am

Tank you all, I'm glad you appreciate the batch  Very Happy

In September, as well as Cyril's magnificent gift, I welcomed a few more critters.

Firstly, with Annette's help, I increased the size of my herd of Indian rhinos with a HUGE 1994 TM and three ELC/AAAs.

These were joined by a Jeol lioness and two Britains Ltd. elephants. I used to own the two Britains, but had let them go during one of my weight loss programmes. I'm very happy to welcome the new ones.

Annette had two surprises in store for me, the Play Visions American dust mite and pig.  cheers

Thank you so much for thinking of me.  sunny

To make a ”tant pour tant” of pachyderms (sorry I don’t know a good translation), I also bought two Timpo Hollowcast leads.

In terms of weight and volume, the rhinos still won the match.  Wink

When I heard that Safari Ltd was going to stop producing Qianzhousaurus, I decided to save one for my jungle. I'm not an "All Theropods" collector, but this species is original enough for me to adopt it.

I've also found some space for a few Japanese wonders.  I love you
The splendid Bandai premium Leafy sea dragon, the no less pretty Bandai DoL Red-eyed crocodile skink, a Bandai Babcock leopard turtle and the two life-size So-Ta Bee hummingbirds.

All together
Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

Country/State : Salt Lake City, UT

PostSubject: Re: What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated May 10   What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated May 10 - Page 14 EmptyMon Nov 13, 2023 1:21 pm

I chose opposite for the hummingbirds, I have the male flying and female sitting; that way I can have the male appear to be displaying for the female :)
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated May 10   What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated May 10 - Page 14 EmptyMon Nov 13, 2023 2:00 pm

Congratulations Kiki! So many awesome figures.

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated May 10   What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated May 10 - Page 14 EmptyMon Nov 13, 2023 5:01 pm

Saarlooswolfhound wrote:
Congratulations Kiki! So many awesome figures.

cheers cheers cheers cheers

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Taos

Taos

PostSubject: Re: What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated May 10   What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated May 10 - Page 14 EmptyMon Nov 13, 2023 9:16 pm

Wonderful additions!!!!!

rogerpgvg

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated May 10   What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated May 10 - Page 14 EmptyTue Nov 14, 2023 4:53 pm

Good to see you have the Britains elephants again. That's a very colourful dust mite! The Bandais are stunning too. Is the smallest AAA rhino (second picture) 1/32 scale?

sunny

PostSubject: Re: What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated May 10   What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated May 10 - Page 14 EmptyWed Nov 15, 2023 11:05 pm

Congratulations on these figures Christophe! Glad to have been able to help you expand your collection:)
All your rhinos look superb, and I like the AAA ones? in the 2 different colours, they look great together with their different poses. And the leafy sea dragon is amazing, so much attention to detail in it.
The tortoise is just magnificent! I think it is my favourite of all Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated May 10   What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated May 10 - Page 14 EmptyThu Nov 16, 2023 12:03 am

You're receiving so much love! cheers I'm really happy for you.
About your husky, the mold reminds me a Samoyed dog if it was white painted. Notice the ears and the tail. though, it is probably not massive enough. Those Northern dogs are so beautiful, the Finish Lapphund is another spectacular one.

"Tant pour tant" is "Quid pro Quo" in English I guess if we can call it English. Laughing

landrover

Country/State : colombia

PostSubject: Re: What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated May 10   What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated May 10 - Page 14 EmptyThu Nov 16, 2023 5:18 pm

Very interesting figures, I really like the hummingbirds.

cheers cheers cheers

Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated May 10   What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated May 10 - Page 14 EmptyWed Nov 29, 2023 9:16 am

Thank you all, a little late...

Your choice is very clever Blaine.

Roger, the little AAA rhino measures 9.5cm head and body along the curve and 4.3cm at the shoulders. He's a bit small for 1/32 but after all he's a juvenile so he might make you happy.

Rogério I don't know much about breeds and I didn't even know Samoyed dogs and Finnish Lapphunds existed. You've taught me something.

The French expression for the English Quid pro quo (something for something) is donnant-donnant. Tant pour tant has a different meaning, it is a cuisine expression which means you merge the same quantity of two materials. By example, when you want to make a roux for a sauce, it is half butter, half flour, a ”tant pour tant”. There's even a joke about it called "pâté d'alouette". It needs a Tant for Tant of lark and horse to make it. You give the horse and I give the lark.  Laughing

Talking of delays, it's high time I presented you with my October acquisitions.

My collection seems to have the Bandai seal of approval this year.  The Japanese brand has developed a 'Diversity of life' series featuring large articulated figures. Arthropod aficionados like Blaine are living in blessed times. The only 'weakness' of these models is that they take up a lot of space.
In the same series, Bandai had the good idea of producing a sub-series called 'Diversity of life-minis'. The models are smaller and not articulated. What can be a handicap for collectors like Blaine is an interesting option for me: they take up less space, are easier to assemble and if they can't change pose, they won't collapse under their own weight either. What's more, they're still very well made.
So here's series 3 with the beetles: Allotopus rosenbergi, Dorcus hopei binodulosus, a grey and a black Dynastes grantii (I didn't know this species could have this colour), Dynastes neptunus and Prosopocoilus giraffa in flight.

October was also the month for the second wave of CollectA 2023, just in time for my birthday.
So I welcomed the Right whale, the Koolasuchus, the Boto, the Stegouros and the Angel shark. What a delight!

I also collected a few isolated animals, a Herping Angonoka tortoise, a Kaiyodo Freshwater crab, a MiC Pygmy spiny-tailed skink, the PNSO Himalayasaurus, the Safari Ltd WW Hippopotamus for my 1/15 collection and a huge Takara Waterbear.

The traditional family portrait
Back to top Go down
lucky luke

lucky luke

Country/State : FRANCE Saint-Louis

PostSubject: Re: What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated May 10   What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated May 10 - Page 14 EmptyWed Nov 29, 2023 3:35 pm

piny-tailed pygmy skink I love it, congratulations Applause cheers
Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

PostSubject: Re: What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated May 10   What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated May 10 - Page 14 EmptyWed Nov 29, 2023 4:24 pm

lucky luke wrote:

me too! MIC = Made in China ??? Do we not know who made it?
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated May 10   What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated May 10 - Page 14 EmptyWed Nov 29, 2023 6:57 pm

lucky luke wrote:

Absolutly, more informations please. And the tortoise too cheers cheers cheers

Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated May 10   What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated May 10 - Page 14 EmptyWed Nov 29, 2023 7:40 pm

Big congratulations Kiki! I love the koolasuchus.

Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

PostSubject: Re: What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated May 10   What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated May 10 - Page 14 EmptyWed Nov 29, 2023 8:04 pm

The skink is available on AliExpress, eBay, and Etsy, but none indicate a brand.
Back to top Go down
Taos

Taos

PostSubject: Re: What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated May 10   What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated May 10 - Page 14 EmptyWed Nov 29, 2023 9:27 pm

Great additions especially the tortoise and the hippo.

Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated May 10   What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated May 10 - Page 14 EmptyThu Nov 30, 2023 8:24 am

Thank you to be here everybody Very Happy

I bought the skink for less than 4€ on Aliexpress but it is now unavailable in France.

The one on Etsy is ten times more expensive  Shocked but it is sold by MonsterHouseBySamson which is always overpriced
Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

PostSubject: Re: What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated May 10   What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated May 10 - Page 14 EmptyThu Nov 30, 2023 2:52 pm

I reached out to one of the eBay dealers of the skink and asked who made it. They said they made it in 'their own factory' which translates to 'Shantou Yixinsheng Toys Co., Ltd.' I couldn't find any information on this company but there were lots of 'Shantou' toy manufacturers, many of which produced obvious 'knockoffs'. I suspect someone made the original sculpt of this skink and sold it to multiple factories in China and the 'manufacturer' will vary based on who it was purchased from.

EDIT: One on eBay was only USD 9.99 so I bought it Cool
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated May 10   What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated May 10 - Page 14 EmptyThu Nov 30, 2023 4:53 pm

I found the skink yesterday on Aliexpress for around 6€

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated May 10   What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated May 10 - Page 14 Empty

Back to top Go down

What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated May 10
Page 14 of 19Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 19  Next