Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25

Go down 
+34
Balaenoptera
rogerpgvg
Taos
Kikimalou
Joliezac
sunny
Jill
Roger
Caracal
widukind
Saien
Mitsukuni
MartinH
75senta75
Chris Sweetman
Shanti
SUSANNE
George
Loon
Birdsage
costicuba
Duck-Anch-Amun
spacelab
Stripedhyena
landrover
lucky luke
Saarlooswolfhound
Farm collector
Pardofelis
bmathison1972
A-J
Advicot
Bonnie
Ana
38 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18
AuthorMessage
Taos

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25 - Page 18 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25   What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25 - Page 18 EmptySat Mar 09, 2024 3:55 pm

Wonderful additions,especially the Chamois. cheers cheers

sunny

Country/State : uk

PostSubject: Re: What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25   What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25 - Page 18 EmptySat Mar 09, 2024 11:44 pm

Kikimalou wrote:

The February family portrait  Very Happy
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

what an absolute treasure is here! The elephant is amazing, and the hermit crab is a beauty. I love hermit crabs.

I love the celluloid buffalo. It looks like it is moulting it's winter to summer coat, and where the stamp is.
Is it hollow inside Christophe? I think all these celluloid type figures seem to be hollow.

And the chamois is such a beauty! Does it have leather, or card ears? I love the tiny little hooves and horns, and the expression on the face.

That unknown lion is very handsome. It has a huge flowing mane! and the expression on the face - wonderful!

Amazing that so many vintage, and nearly antique models are in excellent pristine condition. The crocodile really is superb, and the baby hippo too. The lion does indeed have a curious lip line to him yet he looks very similar in style and appearance to the unknown one.
It's great to see your camels side by side with their paint differences. I like that a lot in models, the painting variations.
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25   What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25 - Page 18 EmptyTue Mar 12, 2024 6:39 pm

Thank you Taylor and Annette Very Happy

Yes the Celluloïd bison is hollow as all the celluloïd I know.

The Chamois has no leather and the ears are thin but solid.

I usually avoid to collect painting variations, I have not enough place for that. About these two dromedaries, it's not just the paintwork that's different, it's above all the differences in the moulding that jumped out at me. The new one has a less elaborate paint job than my first, but a lot more texture.
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25   What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25 - Page 18 EmptyThu Apr 25, 2024 12:04 pm

April 25! It's high time I introduced my new arrivals for March.  Sleep

March was a month of great discoveries and unexpected arrivals, but also of great sadness... For a collector, of course.

For sadness, I won't show any photos... I'm currently renovating my home and I've had to put some of my collection away in drawers. The work has taken longer than expected, and it's still not finished. While rummaging around in my drawers I discovered that one of them had been contaminated and that part of my Clairet collection and also some Starlux were rotting, some models had melted and clumped together. Fortunately, the other drawers were unharmed. Losing a collection built up over many years in just one month got me thinking about the future and, for the moment, I'm not at all sure I want to repair the damage and invest time and money again in these models, which have now disappeared.  What a Face  What a Face  What a Face

But let's move on to much more positive things. In March, I was able to get hold of a handful of celluloid toys. After a bit of research, I discovered that they were all of German origin and from a manufacturer I didn't know: Paul Hunaeus Celluloidwaren-Fabrik.  study
We've already discussed this manufacturer [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]  Very Happy

One misfortune never comes alone and I lost the boar when I tried to put them away. I have two left hands and the boar eluded me and lost two legs in the fall. The quantity of material, the Celluloïdes are very hollow, a repair is alas unthinkable. Given the rarity of these models I'm not sure I'll ever find another boar.  Sad

In the Belgian Composition department, I've finally got my hands on the very funny Durso American bison.... It's still intact today.  Wink

Let's move on to life's little miracles. My friend Sandor (aka Dutch Bear) sent me a wonderful present, a 1971 Marx Indian Rhino. I was desperate to find it one day, regularly scouring eBay.US for it when mine was in the Netherlands... Thank you again Sandor for this fantastic gift.  cheers

In the series, gifts from a friend, Rogério kindly sent me four figurines.  sunny
Firstly, two Indian rhinos, a Chinese one and a Hong Kong one inspired by the old Britains Ltd.

And an incredible baby Indian rhino produced by Miniland at the end of the 2nd century.

And finally the Papo polar fox. I bought this model when it first came out but life's ups and downs separated me from it. I decided to do without it when Kaiyodo produced its Wild Rush...  Palmface  I recently discovered that an Arctic fox was absolutely missing from my 1/12 collection. Papo happens to be an excellent choice for this role and Rogério has filled the gap!

Despite their prohibitive price, I also welcomed two Naturalism birds of prey, the Black-and-White hawk-eagle because it's a new species in the world of toys, and the Harpy eagle because I was no longer satisfied with the Colorata. These models are really beautiful and I hope that Naturalism will continue to produce this type of series, at a more reasonable price.

I had quite a few Noah's Pals in the 2000s but I'm not a fan of that series so I let almost all of them go. Only a few weeks ago a discussion on STS about foxes brought the two Jackals to the forefront. Fortunately they are still easily found on the web. The cherry on the cake, they're really at 1/25.

I also integrated two CollectA that I missed, the Muskox and the Porcupine.

I also hosted the Safari Ltd Leopard gecko which make the day of my 1/1 scale shelves.

And then I fell for the IC Komodo dragon, I have resisted for years, arguing that I already have enough excellent representatives of this species on different scales. In order to reconcile my fierce and inflexible will and the compelling desire to succumb to temptation, I decided that this model would be perfect to embody a 1/20th scale Megalania.  cheers

At last the March portrait family
Back to top Go down
Joliezac

Joliezac

Country/State : New Jersey, USA

PostSubject: Re: What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25   What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25 - Page 18 EmptyThu Apr 25, 2024 5:52 pm

So many beautiful new models! The Naturalism eagles are certainly worth it! Although may I ask where you purchased them? I ordered mine via yoybuy last year and they were around $12 per figure.

I actually just ordered (hopefully) the entire Naturalism owl set. They should be arriving in the mail soon. Provided all arrive they were about $9.50 each. I will do a walkaround when they arrive.

The Safari IC models are really great! They take up so much space but are really worth it in my opinion.

Love the older models too!

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
https://joliezacc9d79.myportfolio.com/
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25   What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25 - Page 18 EmptyThu Apr 25, 2024 5:57 pm

I bought my Naturalism birds on Aliexpress. I tried to buy via Youbuy in the past but I missed a whole set of Naturalism eagles then, it was impossible to get them home so I stopped using youbuy.

I like a lot of IC but, as you said, they need a lot of place so I must do picky choices among them.

Thank you for the older models Annette Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Joliezac

Joliezac

Country/State : New Jersey, USA

PostSubject: Re: What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25   What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25 - Page 18 EmptyThu Apr 25, 2024 6:09 pm

Kikimalou wrote:
I bought my Naturalism birds on Aliexpress. I tried to buy via Youbuy in the past but I missed a whole set of Naturalism eagles then, it was impossible to get them home so I stopped using youbuy.

I like a lot of IC but, as you said, they need a lot of place so I must do picky choices among them.

Thank you for the older models Annette Very Happy

Oh I’m sorry you missed the set! Did they just not ship to your country? Or did it get lost in the mail?

My eagles arrived fine, hopefully my owls will too. I’ve only used it once so I’m not sure how reliable it is.

I don’t use Aliexpress but I’ve seen more and more people use it so I might try that too

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
https://joliezacc9d79.myportfolio.com/
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25   What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25 - Page 18 EmptyThu Apr 25, 2024 6:15 pm

A interesting choice of old and modern treasures

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25   What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25 - Page 18 EmptyThu Apr 25, 2024 6:25 pm

Very sorry to hear that some of your Clairet and Starlux models got infected. It's so sad to loose models in that way. I hope that one day, you'll find them again for a good price.

The figures from the Paul Hunaeus Celluloidwaren-Fabrik have a very charming style - I especially like the polar bear and fox. I am surprised you don't like Noah's Pals. I do even though I don't have any. The Jackals are good!

Dutch Bear

Country/State : Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25   What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25 - Page 18 EmptyFri Apr 26, 2024 2:00 pm

aw Those celluloids are beautiful.
Love the 2 bears.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] / [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] / [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] / [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] / [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Taos

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25   What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25 - Page 18 EmptySat Apr 27, 2024 6:23 pm

A whole load of wonderful additions!!!! cheers cheers cheers cheers

Caracal

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25   What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25 - Page 18 EmptySat Apr 27, 2024 11:01 pm

Many old rareties! And I like a lot the IC Komodo dragon and the naturalism harpy! cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
landrover

landrover

Country/State : colombia

PostSubject: Re: What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25   What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25 - Page 18 EmptySun Apr 28, 2024 2:24 am

Very nice collection .I want the Naturalism birds and the Komodo dragon. Applause Applause Applause

Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25   What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25 - Page 18 EmptySun Apr 28, 2024 10:41 pm

Thank you all to be here Very Happy

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], I missed the set beacuse I bought only four of them and Youbuy told me later It was not enough to send them to me...
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] I sincerely don't know if I will spend more money to buy the Clairet again, I have so much thing s to add and not enough money to do so alas.
Yes I don't like a lot Noah's Pals style even if I had 17 pairs in my collection a long time ago. I'm not saying they're bad, they just don't give me a lot of emotion.

@Dutch Bear Indeed Bears are one of the Big Five of the Celluloïd jungle. Do you have some ?
Back to top Go down
Jill

Jill

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25   What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25 - Page 18 EmptySun Apr 28, 2024 11:33 pm

I'm so sorry about the damage to your difficult to replace collection pieces! Moments like that are devastating, but I am glad to see other new lovely figures finding a home with you to balance it. Those celluloids are beautiful. I also love the gecko. I would have him if I have anywhere at all to put him I think!
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25   What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25 - Page 18 EmptyMon Apr 29, 2024 11:21 pm

I'm sorry for your misfortunes. Sad That thing abot Clairet is almost disturbing. I also remember my desperation when a Lineol fox fall down from my hands and it got broken. I felt so guilty that my enthusiasm as a collector almost vanished. frtunately, Yvette made me feel a normal collector telling me it happens with all of us even wen we are very careful. Fortunately a forum friend retouched it and it got perfect and Yvette meanwhile found more Lineol foxes for me. It is hard to accept when it happens but it is far from being a big problem for our lives. It is easy to write now, when it happened it felt like a cataclysm to me. Laughing
I'm glad my humble gifts arrived safely and that you will give use to them.
Congratulations for your new figures. I really like the Naturalism birds of prey, I considered to get them because I'm sure they would fit my taste but it was not the right moment. Those will turn rare for sure, I recomend them to everyone because I'm sure that those who won't get them now will regret later.

PostSubject: Re: What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25   What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25 - Page 18 Empty

Back to top Go down

What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25
Page 18 of 18Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18