Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

PHOTOS: Schleich @ London Olympia Toy Fair 2022

Go down 
+17
SchleichGirl1997
Gwaine
Bonnie
Duck-Anch-Amun
Evira
Roger
widukind
Angie59
pipsxlch
Saarlooswolfhound
Tupolew Tu-154
George
Geospiza fortis
SUSANNE
Bloodrayne
Joliezac
Numa
21 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Numa
Numa

Country/State : England, UK

PHOTOS: Schleich @ London Olympia Toy Fair 2022 Empty
PostSubject: PHOTOS: Schleich @ London Olympia Toy Fair 2022   PHOTOS: Schleich @ London Olympia Toy Fair 2022 EmptyMon Feb 07, 2022 9:23 pm

It was nice to visit the toy fair after it was cancelled in 2021.  I have noticed the Schleich stand getting smaller over the years from the huge fantastical displays they used to have to a more demure, subtle stage of late.  Its nice to visit as I tend to bump into the same sales team a few of whom recognise me straight away and are always kind to give me a catalogue and let me roam freely and take lots of photos for our forum.  It is really nice of them.  One individual whom I first met in 2020  gave me two exclusive Schleich models as a gift and I thank him kindly for this.  I got a fully black Tyrannosaur model and a Red antlered Christmas Reindeer.

So Whats new?  you can see  photos of the new 2022 models all which look very nice.  However, there is a new series now on sale, a series containing small horse models with life-like real hair.  Kind of like the My Little Pony series.  I was told it was an exclusive display not shown or displayed anywhere else so wonder if this is something new to you all?  

I was also images on an iPad screen of new upcoming exclusive 2022 models some of which include another Tyrannosaur variation and a full black lion scheduled for later in the year.  I must respect Schleich's wishes though and cannot share those particular images with you . Suffice to say it is nice to see Schleich now introducing more and more 'exclusive' models across the range released throughout the year.  This does 'spice' things up a bit, giving us more little and unusual models to collect.

There is also a considerable move towards mini box sets or packets of animals sold in groups or with accessories that are not available in the usual series.

The anaconda in one of the sets is made of bendy material so you can bend it into any shape you want.  I didn't get a chance to study the new kangaroo and joey pouch set. The new animal puzzle range is interesting because by putting together a whole animal you get a new sculpt variation even if it is made of two parts i.e. new koala, lion cub, polar bear cub, elephant baby etc.

I want to point out that for the first time, ever Papo were not there. In fact they booked for a stand but when I went there it was empty. I asked the fair organisers who told me they were not given a reason as to why Papo did not come but perhaps it was COVID related. So no Papo pics this year.....

Anyway here are the photos, please enjoy!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Last edited by Numaan on Tue Feb 08, 2022 10:06 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Joliezac

Joliezac

Country/State : New Jersey, USA

PostSubject: Re: PHOTOS: Schleich @ London Olympia Toy Fair 2022   PHOTOS: Schleich @ London Olympia Toy Fair 2022 EmptyMon Feb 07, 2022 9:33 pm

Wow thanks for all these wonderful photos! So many new interesting Schleich sets for the summer! The silky chickens are really cute, I love that we are getting a dingo in that set with the kangaroos. The koala and baby look nice. That set with the crocodile and anaconda? Look very interesting, although I wonder why the anaconda doesn’t have the full body, maybe it snaps into something? I also haven’t seen images of the Schleich iguana yet and it looks very nice.

I just hope the sets aren’t going to be too expensive because I don’t want to buy an entire set for 1 figure, especially if it’s pricey like they usually are. I’ll have to wait and see!

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
https://joliezacc9d79.myportfolio.com/
Bloodrayne

Bloodrayne

Country/State : Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: PHOTOS: Schleich @ London Olympia Toy Fair 2022   PHOTOS: Schleich @ London Olympia Toy Fair 2022 EmptyMon Feb 07, 2022 9:35 pm

Schleich sure knows how to make great play sets! The giant horse stable looks so much fun! So does the sled with huskies. You just want to kneel down and play with them, no matter how old you are. cheers
The slow loris is the eyecatcher for me though and the only thing I will buy from Schleich this year. It looks great.
I'm totally underwhelmed with the dinosaurs for this year though. Bleh.

Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: PHOTOS: Schleich @ London Olympia Toy Fair 2022   PHOTOS: Schleich @ London Olympia Toy Fair 2022 EmptyMon Feb 07, 2022 10:03 pm

A dingo, a dingo affraid cheers bounce

And so many exiting playsets, which i do not want to buy...errrhm, - that Border collie puppy Rolling Eyes Laughing

Ohhh, I wished I had grandchildren to buy it for drunken

But, WHAT ON EARTH is that : Is Schleich beginning to make My Little Pony with hair styling saloons  ? Shocked Shocked

Ohhh, no Mad

Well, why not ? lol!

Geospiza fortis

Geospiza fortis

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: PHOTOS: Schleich @ London Olympia Toy Fair 2022   PHOTOS: Schleich @ London Olympia Toy Fair 2022 EmptyMon Feb 07, 2022 10:45 pm

Some interesting surprises for sure. I especially like the kangaroo and dingo set. Not a fan of the pouch setup, but it looks good otherwise, and we haven't seen a dingo from Schleich yet.

The regular release wildlife animals look good, too. I only wanted a few of them at first, but now I'll probably get them all.
Back to top Go down
George

George

Country/State : England

PostSubject: Re: PHOTOS: Schleich @ London Olympia Toy Fair 2022   PHOTOS: Schleich @ London Olympia Toy Fair 2022 EmptyMon Feb 07, 2022 11:06 pm

I'm not sure I can figure out how that kangaroo's pouch even works - the joey is bigger than the opening so unless he's made of very squishy rubber, how would you push his whole body in there with just the head sticking out? So is the body hollowed out and the pouch front detachable, or on a hinge?! Bizarre!

Numaan wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], is that your red husky? Looks like you might get a second chance to own him after all!

Tupolew Tu-154

Tupolew Tu-154

Country/State : Skynet Central

PostSubject: Re: PHOTOS: Schleich @ London Olympia Toy Fair 2022   PHOTOS: Schleich @ London Olympia Toy Fair 2022 EmptyMon Feb 07, 2022 11:58 pm

Wonderful news here, thank you for the pictures. I want:

Antarctic Expedition  Very Happy
The giant Snake (Titanoboa?)  cheers
Merman  bounce  bounce  bounce
Black mermaid  sunny  I love you
New Eldrador (violet lion, robot)  Applause
Dingo set  Smile
Chicken friends Laughing

Not so good:
Haired horses Neutral (I must buy one, because i want the black man/boy)
the pee urine yellow Triceratops Evil or Very Mad

Last edited by Tupolew Tu-154 on Tue Feb 08, 2022 12:30 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: PHOTOS: Schleich @ London Olympia Toy Fair 2022   PHOTOS: Schleich @ London Olympia Toy Fair 2022 EmptyTue Feb 08, 2022 12:03 am

A DINGO!!!! HURRAY!!! Thanks for the photos my friend! Lots of sets to look forward to.

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Tupolew Tu-154

Tupolew Tu-154

PostSubject: Re: PHOTOS: Schleich @ London Olympia Toy Fair 2022   PHOTOS: Schleich @ London Olympia Toy Fair 2022 EmptyTue Feb 08, 2022 12:53 am

The new Eldrador faction, is that called shadow? Shadow lion, dragon, wolf? I can't read it.

pipsxlch

Country/State : US/Florida

PostSubject: Re: PHOTOS: Schleich @ London Olympia Toy Fair 2022   PHOTOS: Schleich @ London Olympia Toy Fair 2022 EmptyTue Feb 08, 2022 4:48 am

BONNIE! See the collie/sheltie in the tack room playset? It looks nice!

I do see a few things I'd like, if they end up at the only nearby retailer that has Schleich.
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: PHOTOS: Schleich @ London Olympia Toy Fair 2022   PHOTOS: Schleich @ London Olympia Toy Fair 2022 EmptyTue Feb 08, 2022 4:55 am

pipsxlch wrote:

I do see a few things I'd like, if they end up at the only nearby retailer that has Schleich.
My thoughts too! BONNIE!  Laughing red border collies, red husky and a black/gray husky, a small sheltie in the stable! Doggos galore!

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Angie59

Angie59

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: PHOTOS: Schleich @ London Olympia Toy Fair 2022   PHOTOS: Schleich @ London Olympia Toy Fair 2022 EmptyTue Feb 08, 2022 9:33 am

Thank you very much for the many great photos🙏
The new sets look great ♥
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: PHOTOS: Schleich @ London Olympia Toy Fair 2022   PHOTOS: Schleich @ London Olympia Toy Fair 2022 EmptyTue Feb 08, 2022 10:28 am

Are there also smaller or unknown brands?

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: PHOTOS: Schleich @ London Olympia Toy Fair 2022   PHOTOS: Schleich @ London Olympia Toy Fair 2022 EmptyTue Feb 08, 2022 12:48 pm

I've been distracted these days. I was aware of those hairy horses of zero interest to me but I don't remember reading on forum about the partnership with the National Geographic Kids and surely those wildlife sets are interesting for me.
meerkats, skunks, racoons, panthers, crocodiles, gorillas and even that dingo set. It is painful to pay an entire set to get a dingo but surely something to follow.
Thanks for your complete report and congratulations for the gifts you received, that's absolutely kind from Schleich and surely helped you to recover the money you invested to buy the ticket.
A black lion sounds cool.

Evira

Country/State : Nederland

PostSubject: Re: PHOTOS: Schleich @ London Olympia Toy Fair 2022   PHOTOS: Schleich @ London Olympia Toy Fair 2022 EmptyTue Feb 08, 2022 1:01 pm

Thank you Numaan for the lovely photo's! You made my day!!!! Applause I love you

I'm really happy to see there are new schleich horses besides the ones with brushable manes and tails.

I'm very excited to own all the new horses, but I think my wallet will not be happy with the news... tongue  

Anyway thank you for sharing!
Back to top Go down
Duck-Anch-Amun

Country/State : Luxembourg

PostSubject: Re: PHOTOS: Schleich @ London Olympia Toy Fair 2022   PHOTOS: Schleich @ London Olympia Toy Fair 2022 EmptyTue Feb 08, 2022 2:39 pm

Thank you for showing those pictures :) The National Geographic cooperation is very nice, giving us some cool sets. However the figures look like more "toyish", as some of them seem to be bendable or with moving elements. As always, those sets seem to be more expensive, but with this cooperation, we maybe could get some more unusual animals in the future.
Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: PHOTOS: Schleich @ London Olympia Toy Fair 2022   PHOTOS: Schleich @ London Olympia Toy Fair 2022 EmptyTue Feb 08, 2022 9:31 pm

Saarlooswolfhound wrote:
pipsxlch wrote:

My thoughts too! BONNIE!  Laughing red border collies, red husky and a black/gray husky, a small sheltie in the stable! Doggos galore!
Laughing Laughing I defintily had this reaction when I saw them all! bounce
Wow, what an amazing selection of dogs!!! Thank you SO much for these photos, it looks like such a wonderful place to visit and there is so much to look forward to here! Very Happy
Firstly, what a gorgeous little red collie pup, how sweet! And a sheltie!!! That amazed me so much, not only is it quite unusual with a tricolour coat but as Kelly said it looks really nicely done, I am so excited for this one, it's a shame it's part of such a large set! We definitely need more collie/ sheltie models so this is an amazing new dog! cheers cheers And it looks as though that labrador adult is a slight variation with the golden ears, which is yet another dog! Very Happy And to top it all the most beautiful pair of huskies, and I would definitely agree with you [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] , I think that is my mystery golden husky! Shocked I couldn't believe my eyes, it's amazing they are releasing this one and I am so pleased, it's got wonderful colouring! I'll update my topic now, it adds another layer of mystery as to how the seller got this exact model 5-7 years previously! but the main thing is it is not lost forever! cheers
Thank you very much again Numaan for these photos! cheers
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
Tupolew Tu-154

Tupolew Tu-154

PostSubject: Re: PHOTOS: Schleich @ London Olympia Toy Fair 2022   PHOTOS: Schleich @ London Olympia Toy Fair 2022 EmptyTue Feb 08, 2022 10:05 pm

Bloodrayne wrote:
You just want to kneel down and play with them, no matter how old you are. cheers

Absolutely right. I have neither children nor grandchildren, only a big flock of guinea pigs and a cat. tongue
But i buy what i want.

Can anybody confirm the new Eldrador faction as shadow faction?

Numa

Country/State : England, UK

PostSubject: Re: PHOTOS: Schleich @ London Olympia Toy Fair 2022   PHOTOS: Schleich @ London Olympia Toy Fair 2022 EmptyTue Feb 08, 2022 10:08 pm

widukind wrote:

Hello, there were no other brands that I could see but to be honest I go to there to see the main brands and have a quick wander around to see if I spot anyone else. In past years I have seen Bullyland and Favourite Co and Nayab but nothing really this year.... will look more next year for you :-)
Back to top Go down
Gwaine

Gwaine

Country/State : Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: PHOTOS: Schleich @ London Olympia Toy Fair 2022   PHOTOS: Schleich @ London Olympia Toy Fair 2022 EmptyTue Feb 08, 2022 10:39 pm

Thank you so much for all these lovely pictures. You have awoken a lot of excitement for me.

Especially the wild life sets and those chickens!!!
And I am super eager to see promotional photo's for the bayala sets. Are those new Hippocampi I spy!?!

A bit disappointed about the hairy horses, but I might not dislike two of them and get them to form a complete opinion.

Papo: 82
Safari: 150
Mojo fun: 23
Playmobil: 117
Other: 288
~
schleich count: 1222
~
Total: 2156

My DeviantArt: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
My Twitter: @Tezzieh
My Instagram: tessa.b.storm
Back to top Go down
https://www.patreon.com/mrsaugustwalker
SchleichGirl1997

SchleichGirl1997

Country/State : Washington USA

PostSubject: Re: PHOTOS: Schleich @ London Olympia Toy Fair 2022   PHOTOS: Schleich @ London Olympia Toy Fair 2022 EmptyTue Feb 08, 2022 11:56 pm

*sigh* Yet again another downgrade. I miss the days where Schleich was actually realistic. Now they look like cheap toys
Back to top Go down
lucky luke

lucky luke

Country/State : FRANCE Saint-Louis

PostSubject: Re: PHOTOS: Schleich @ London Olympia Toy Fair 2022   PHOTOS: Schleich @ London Olympia Toy Fair 2022 EmptyFri Feb 11, 2022 3:50 pm

Thank you so much for all these pictures. Very Happy Applause cheers study
Back to top Go down
Taos

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: PHOTOS: Schleich @ London Olympia Toy Fair 2022   PHOTOS: Schleich @ London Olympia Toy Fair 2022 EmptySat Feb 12, 2022 6:50 pm

Thank you for the pictures-some very interesting sets,lets hope they will be in the shops in the UK.

widukind

PostSubject: Re: PHOTOS: Schleich @ London Olympia Toy Fair 2022   PHOTOS: Schleich @ London Olympia Toy Fair 2022 EmptySun Feb 13, 2022 4:48 pm

Numaan wrote:
widukind wrote:

Hello, there were no other brands that I could see but to be honest I go to there to see the main brands and have a quick wander around to see if I spot anyone else.  In past years I have seen Bullyland and Favourite Co and Nayab but nothing really this year.... will look more next year for you :-)

Thank you :)

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Freedom

Freedom

Country/State : Germany / Hessen / Vöhl

PostSubject: Re: PHOTOS: Schleich @ London Olympia Toy Fair 2022   PHOTOS: Schleich @ London Olympia Toy Fair 2022 EmptySun Feb 20, 2022 1:49 pm

Thank you for all the great pictures. Applause

The combable horses look really awful. Well, pictures can be deceiving. But why combable? confused

The horse stable seems to be expandable. It looks like the individual segments can only be placed loosely next to each other. So easily movable, for children to play that would be annoying. For storage it's good.
The western sets seem to be new editions with partly new colours.
The kangaroo with the baby is really great! Also the koala mama with baby.

I'm afraid my wallet will have to tighten its belt. Laughing

PostSubject: Re: PHOTOS: Schleich @ London Olympia Toy Fair 2022   PHOTOS: Schleich @ London Olympia Toy Fair 2022 Empty

Back to top Go down

PHOTOS: Schleich @ London Olympia Toy Fair 2022
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next