Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Bactrian camel, Simmental bull and Yak

Go down 
+19
Bernyto
Mastiffcat
Gabe
Vivien
widukind
MartinH
MARTINLATIN
Joe
baltimore zoo
lucky luke
ken yeo
Lasersword1973
Kikimalou
skysthelimit
Roger
Wildheart
Kristie
SUSANNE
HKHollinstone
23 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

Bactrian camel, Simmental bull and Yak Empty
PostSubject: Bactrian camel, Simmental bull and Yak   Bactrian camel, Simmental bull and Yak EmptyFri Jun 10, 2011 11:25 am

I received them this morning after breakfast. They are gorgeous! I'm especially fond of the simmental bull I love you
Pictures:
Camel
Bactrian camel, Simmental bull and Yak Papocamel5
Bactrian camel, Simmental bull and Yak Papocamel4
Bactrian camel, Simmental bull and Yak Papocamel3
Bactrian camel, Simmental bull and Yak Papocamel1s
Bactrian camel, Simmental bull and Yak Papocamel2
Simmental Bull
Bactrian camel, Simmental bull and Yak Paposimmentalbull4
Bactrian camel, Simmental bull and Yak Paposimmentalbull2
Bactrian camel, Simmental bull and Yak Paposimmentalbull3
Bactrian camel, Simmental bull and Yak Paposimmentalbull1
Yak
Bactrian camel, Simmental bull and Yak Papoyak5
Bactrian camel, Simmental bull and Yak Papoyak2
Bactrian camel, Simmental bull and Yak Papoyak3
Bactrian camel, Simmental bull and Yak Papoyak1
Size comparison pictures:
Bactrian camel, Simmental bull and Yak Simmentalcattle
Bactrian camel, Simmental bull and Yak Simmentalbulls
Bactrian camel, Simmental bull and Yak Camels
Bactrian camel, Simmental bull and Yak Yaks2

Last edited by HKHollinstone on Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:43 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Bactrian camel, Simmental bull and Yak   Bactrian camel, Simmental bull and Yak EmptyFri Jun 10, 2011 11:52 am

They are gorgeous, Harriet cheers

WOW! That camel just went soaring into the top of my wishlist Very Happy

And the bull, - I try to convince myself mot to collect Papo cattle, but, but, but.... Rolling Eyes clown Wink

As usual your photoes are just outstanding ! Thanks for sharing flower
Back to top Go down
http://dyr-og-dimser.dk
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

PostSubject: Re: Bactrian camel, Simmental bull and Yak   Bactrian camel, Simmental bull and Yak EmptyFri Jun 10, 2011 12:10 pm

SUSANNE wrote:
They are gorgeous, Harriet cheers

WOW! That camel just went soaring into the top of my wishlist Very Happy

And the bull, - I try to convince myself mot to collect Papo cattle, but, but, but.... Rolling Eyes clown Wink

As usual your photoes are just outstanding ! Thanks for sharing flower
Thank you Susanne! I never thought I'd collect Papo cows either, but their cows are getting better and better. I hope they make some more breeds next year.
I was going to take some pictures of them outside, but it's absolutely pouring down with rain, buckets Rolling Eyes it was just glorious sunshine as well Neutral

Back to top Go down
Kristie

Kristie

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Bactrian camel, Simmental bull and Yak   Bactrian camel, Simmental bull and Yak EmptyFri Jun 10, 2011 12:12 pm

Congrats Harriet! I LOVE the bull! :)

Everyone is going Papo Crazy !

-Kristie
Back to top Go down
Wildheart

Wildheart

Country/State : Bucharest,Romania

PostSubject: Re: Bactrian camel, Simmental bull and Yak   Bactrian camel, Simmental bull and Yak EmptyFri Jun 10, 2011 12:15 pm

That camel is a mas-ter-piece! Shocked It looks just like the old camels with a touch of modern technology to it!
The Yak is fabulous, too! Both are very high on my wishlist!
Back to top Go down
http://www.mihneanicolae.com
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Bactrian camel, Simmental bull and Yak   Bactrian camel, Simmental bull and Yak EmptyFri Jun 10, 2011 12:22 pm

Izzy wrote:
Congrats Harriet! I LOVE the bull! :)

Everyone is going Papo Crazy !

-Kristie

It is WONDERFUL to be crazy geek clown jocolor bounce bounce Laughing
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Bactrian camel, Simmental bull and Yak   Bactrian camel, Simmental bull and Yak EmptyFri Jun 10, 2011 12:29 pm

It's incredible how Papo is improving its figures! I remember we talking that farm animals from Papo were not nice, the last cattle is superb! cheers
This camel is also fantastic, I never see it in my hands but with this extraordinary pictures I have no doubts about the quality of the figure!
About the yaks I confess I like both! But I only want one?!?!?! scratch
Many thanks for your excelent pictures and mainly for the comparison pictures, I love it!!!! I love you flower cheers
Back to top Go down
Kristie

Kristie

PostSubject: Re: Bactrian camel, Simmental bull and Yak   Bactrian camel, Simmental bull and Yak EmptyFri Jun 10, 2011 12:31 pm

SUSANNE wrote:

It is WONDERFUL to be crazy geek clown jocolor bounce bounce Laughing

Indeed it IS! Is key to survival. :)

-Kristie
Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

PostSubject: Re: Bactrian camel, Simmental bull and Yak   Bactrian camel, Simmental bull and Yak EmptyFri Jun 10, 2011 12:53 pm

Thank you Kristie, Mihnea and Roger, it is lovely being crazy yes! cheers

Yes I agree with you Roger, Papo are coming along in leaps and bounds cheers their animals are getting so realistic. This Simmental bull is far more realistic in sculpting then the Schleich one - Schleich I known for their farm life, but I think Papo will soon be the best on the market Surprised

Back to top Go down
Kristie

Kristie

PostSubject: Re: Bactrian camel, Simmental bull and Yak   Bactrian camel, Simmental bull and Yak EmptyFri Jun 10, 2011 12:59 pm

I was browsing some of the new Papos online the other day and yes, this bull really jumped out at me. I love the the texture of the sculpting Papo does, too. It has a vintage tone to it. I'm a retro kind of girl. I like it! :)

Congrats again, Harriet! Now I cannot wait to find the Simmental bull!

-Kristie
Back to top Go down
skysthelimit

skysthelimit

Country/State : Serbia

PostSubject: Re: Bactrian camel, Simmental bull and Yak   Bactrian camel, Simmental bull and Yak EmptyFri Jun 10, 2011 1:32 pm

Congrats Harriet, I'm really impressed with that camel cheers

Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Bactrian camel, Simmental bull and Yak   Bactrian camel, Simmental bull and Yak EmptyFri Jun 10, 2011 3:34 pm

Three great models cheers Congratulation Harriet.

I have the camel and Minhea is right, it is a very very good surprise, a real masterpiece Cool

THe Simmenthal bull is very fine too, I don't collect farm animals but I buy some for my young daughter, She will have them in a few years... Some PAPO cows are excellent, not the basic ones but the AOC ones : Limousin, Salers, Simmental drunken I would love to see a tiger cow from Corsica

Bactrian camel, Simmental bull and Yak Vache_corseBactrian camel, Simmental bull and Yak Plage_de_l_ostriconi_1

A bleue-du-Nord (from my region) Bactrian camel, Simmental bull and Yak Bleue-du-nord-gdBactrian camel, Simmental bull and Yak GRA1.73162.4.2

Or an Abondance Bactrian camel, Simmental bull and Yak Abondance

The yak seems very fine and not bigger than Schleich, it's rare for a PAPO ongulate...

Roger, if you need only one yak, I think you may choose the Papo because it is a wild yak Wink

Back to top Go down
Lasersword1973

Lasersword1973

Country/State : Philippines

PostSubject: Re: Bactrian camel, Simmental bull and Yak   Bactrian camel, Simmental bull and Yak EmptyFri Jun 10, 2011 4:14 pm

Congratulations, Harriet. The Yak and Camel are nice.

I also received mine from the MPV and TGF yesterday together with new stuffs from the Schleich animals and Bayala, Papo, Safari Ltd and CollectA animals. I will probably take their photos and post it here by week after next week together with the other stuffs that I got for the past two months.
Back to top Go down
ken yeo

ken yeo

Country/State : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: Bactrian camel, Simmental bull and Yak   Bactrian camel, Simmental bull and Yak EmptyFri Jun 10, 2011 5:13 pm

As your photos is always look stunning & just added all on my list.

The Simmental bull is really so nice compared to Schleich bull. another CollectA Friesian Bull & Angus Bull also look promising and anyone owned that?

By the way the yak painting look glossy and mine right?

Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Bactrian camel, Simmental bull and Yak   Bactrian camel, Simmental bull and Yak EmptyFri Jun 10, 2011 6:48 pm

Lasersword1973 wrote:
Congratulations, Harriet. The Yak and Camel are nice.

I also received mine from the MPV and TGF yesterday together with new stuffs from the Schleich animals and Bayala, Papo, Safari Ltd and CollectA animals. I will probably take their photos and post it here by week after next week together with the other stuffs that I got for the past two months.

Ohh, yes !!!!

Please do bounce bounce cheers
Back to top Go down
lucky luke

lucky luke

Country/State : FRANCE Saint-Louis

PostSubject: Re: Bactrian camel, Simmental bull and Yak   Bactrian camel, Simmental bull and Yak EmptyFri Jun 10, 2011 10:52 pm

First congratulations on your new acquisition Harriet.
They are more beautiful than others.
They are on my wish list too, yak and camels probably, that has nothing to do with précédant.et is quite wonderful.
The Simmental is awesome too.

cheers sunny sunny

Thank you for the photos comparative Harriet, they give good advice, and your shots is still the MUST.
sunny king sunny

Kiki, the macaque mad, do not forget the cow Vosges, the star of the Salon de l'Agriculture in Paris.
Wink Very Happy flower

Bactrian camel, Simmental bull and Yak Bb113c10

Bactrian camel, Simmental bull and Yak Big_ph10
Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

PostSubject: Re: Bactrian camel, Simmental bull and Yak   Bactrian camel, Simmental bull and Yak EmptySat Jun 11, 2011 12:11 am

Thank you Very much, Robert, Christophe, Ron, Ken and Luc cheers cheers
I'd love to see the breeds you posted Christophe, I love the colour of the tiger cow and bleue-du-Nord I love you

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Bactrian camel, Simmental bull and Yak   Bactrian camel, Simmental bull and Yak EmptySat Jun 11, 2011 1:05 am

Ahaha! There's a problem with Papo here, remember, I am the only crocodile that have not yet the Papo Nile crocodile, really expensive here!!! What a Face
About the yak, thanks for the sugestion Kiki, your opinions are well apreciated, the Schleich cape buffalo is nice and I don't have it because Schleich was the only able to domesticate a African buffalo! Wink
Ron, we want to see your new additions! bounce Very Happy
Back to top Go down
skysthelimit

skysthelimit

Country/State : Serbia

PostSubject: Re: Bactrian camel, Simmental bull and Yak   Bactrian camel, Simmental bull and Yak EmptySat Jun 11, 2011 7:30 am

Kikimalou wrote:
Some PAPO cows are excellent, not the basic ones but the AOC ones : Limousin, Salers, Simmental drunken I would love to see a tiger cow from Corsica

I suppose painting brindle animals would be very challenging, it's not an easy task.

HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

PostSubject: Re: Bactrian camel, Simmental bull and Yak   Bactrian camel, Simmental bull and Yak EmptySat Jun 11, 2011 7:31 am

So is the Papo yak a wild one then? I thought it was a domestic yak like the Schleich scratch

I couldn't resist. tongue
Either Papo or Schleich should make these breeds. Of course there are SO many others I'd like to see also

The Belted Gallowy comes in three colours, Black, Dun and Red. The Red Belted Galloway is rare and sought after.
I'd be very happy if one of these brands made the Red beltie:
Bactrian camel, Simmental bull and Yak Mochrum_Huckleberry_2
Red Beltie
Bactrian camel, Simmental bull and Yak DunCow
Or the Dun Beltie, they're a gorgeous fudge colour
Bactrian camel, Simmental bull and Yak Galloway5
Or of course the most well known colourway, black and white

Shorthorn cattle are beautiful too
Bactrian camel, Simmental bull and Yak Fg_angelica
Bactrian camel, Simmental bull and Yak TS_Shorthorn
and I'd love a Jersey cattle family
Bactrian camel, Simmental bull and Yak 522_004_85FC43D4

Back to top Go down
baltimore zoo

PostSubject: Baltimore zoo   Bactrian camel, Simmental bull and Yak EmptySat Jun 11, 2011 8:34 am

I really like the Simmental it's really 'INCREDI-BULL"! I have the Papo Texas and Spanish bulls, so it will be a nice addition to my "bull pen"! In comparing the Schlech to the Papo, the Papo, as I always say, has more of a refined artistic look. Just two different styles, I prefer the Papo.
The Bactrian looks nice as well. As far as the yak goes, I think the hump on the Papo version(more rounded) compared to the Schleich ("peaked" hump) looks more realistic(from photos I've looked at).
I found an awesome pic of a charging male yak, which would have made a terrific figure!
But of course, they have to make a similar figure to Schleich. If they had made a yak figure similar to the
photo I found, I would have bought one!!!!

Check it out: http://www.ecotibet.org/gallery/photo/album/poster/slides/9%20wild%20yak.html
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Bactrian camel, Simmental bull and Yak   Bactrian camel, Simmental bull and Yak EmptySat Jun 11, 2011 8:44 am

WOW! What an awesome and beautyful creature, - and the wild ones are HUGE also, I think ?

I I were that photographer, I would RUN affraid
Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

PostSubject: Re: Bactrian camel, Simmental bull and Yak   Bactrian camel, Simmental bull and Yak EmptySat Jun 11, 2011 8:45 am

baltimore zoo wrote:
I really like the Simmental it's really 'INCREDI-BULL"! I have the Papo Texas and Spanish bulls, so it will be a nice addition to my "bull pen"! In comparing the Schlech to the Papo, the Papo, as I always say, has more of a refined artistic look. Just two different styles, I prefer the Papo.
The Bactrian looks nice as well. As far as the yak goes, I think the hump on the Papo version(more rounded) compared to the Schleich ("peaked" hump) looks more realistic(from photos I've looked at).
I found an awesome pic of a charging male yak, which would have made a terrific figure!
But of course, they have to make a similar figure to Schleich. If they had made a yak figure similar to the
photo I found, I would have bought one!!!!

Check it out: http://www.ecotibet.org/gallery/photo/album/poster/slides/9%20wild%20yak.html
That is an awesome photo Balti! Would have been fantastic if they had.

Out of the two yaks I prefer the Papo as well. I still like the Schleich one, but the Papo seems more realistic.
Yes the Simmental is certainly a better sculpt than the Schleich, I've just ordered the cow to go with him.
I hope Papo makes some different cattle breeds next year.

Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

PostSubject: Re: Bactrian camel, Simmental bull and Yak   Bactrian camel, Simmental bull and Yak EmptySat Jun 11, 2011 8:47 am

ken yeo wrote:
By the way the yak painting look glossy and mine right?
He's not as glossy as the pictures, but he's not matt like the Schleich one.

Back to top Go down
baltimore zoo

PostSubject: Baltimore zoo   Bactrian camel, Simmental bull and Yak EmptySat Jun 11, 2011 8:52 am

Isn't that an awesome pic! Thanks for checking it out! I mean imagine having a 1000 pound, 7 foot tall male yak charging you...
It would have been a great figure, totally different than the Schleich, but it's all about copy catting...take the easy way out!
I wish Papo would hire me, I'd straighten them out and show them some better ideas than what they produce!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bactrian camel, Simmental bull and Yak   Bactrian camel, Simmental bull and Yak Empty

Back to top Go down

Bactrian camel, Simmental bull and Yak
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next