Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Safari Farm/ Dog Toobs from 90s

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Bonnie

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

Safari Farm/ Dog Toobs from 90s Empty
PostSubject: Safari Farm/ Dog Toobs from 90s   Safari Farm/ Dog Toobs from 90s EmptyThu 17 Feb 2022 - 13:28

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Has just opened a really interesting topic here about a mysterious Safari horse tube from 1998: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
And so as Roger suggested here is a quick overview of what I know about the earlier farm/ dog tubes, and if anyone knows more about this/ has figures from these sets it would be really interesting to hear! study
I have saved photos of the Farm toob from an Ebay seller I found a while ago, but not sure if I can share the photos here, but can edit this post if necessary with the photos!
It's a toob very similar to Jill's horse one, blue with orange writing saying 'Farm Toob'. It then has item number 6952-04 and says 1998 Safari Ltd. The animals seem to be a horse, goat, sheep, rooster, hen, pig, cat, dog, cow, donkey and goose but it's quite hard to see. study
And then the dogs!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Introduced me to this really interesting set, and I hope he won't mind me using these photos! The first one he bought in the 90s, here, I'm not sure if this set is complete:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
These dogs also have the same mould as the small Hang Shun dogs sold from 2007-2008, so maybe this is the same for the farm animals too. study
And then this really interesting Afghan Hound from Safari ( The little model far right)! affraid
Shocked drunken
Apparently this one was sold with the Dobermann which is in Safari's current dog toob, but other than this we don't know any of the other dogs that were in this tube. It was bought from another forum member, would be really interesting to know if anyone as any more information! Very Happy And thank you very much to Taylor for the photos! cheers
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Safari Farm/ Dog Toobs from 90s   Safari Farm/ Dog Toobs from 90s EmptyThu 17 Feb 2022 - 14:26

Very good job, [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], I was not in a hurry but I am glad you opened this topic.
Apparently we have a tendency, those TOOBs starting with [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], mostly quite generic themes, seem to have a first 1998 generation and all of them were renewed around 2004. The fact Safari Ltd preserves the same product numbers does not help at all. Thus, topics like these are important to compile all information we can gather because we don't have catalogues to check these old tubes.

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: Safari Farm/ Dog Toobs from 90s   Safari Farm/ Dog Toobs from 90s EmptyThu 17 Feb 2022 - 15:11

No problem! sunny It will be interesting to see if anyone knows more! cheers That's interesting about the product number, and quite confusing too. study
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Safari Farm/ Dog Toobs from 90s   Safari Farm/ Dog Toobs from 90s EmptyThu 17 Feb 2022 - 19:17

cheers cheers

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Safari Farm/ Dog Toobs from 90s   Safari Farm/ Dog Toobs from 90s EmptyThu 17 Feb 2022 - 20:51

Fantastic, Lilias cheers

And an AFGHAN bounce Applause Applause
( I suppose you mean no two from the right? Or is the white one even more Afghan-looking ? I can't really see it Shocked )

Strange that they did not have those toobs in their catalogue.
Safari certainly is a tough job for poor Roger Very Happy

Bonnie

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: Safari Farm/ Dog Toobs from 90s   Safari Farm/ Dog Toobs from 90s EmptyThu 17 Feb 2022 - 20:55

SUSANNE wrote:
Fantastic, Lilias cheers

And an AFGHAN bounce Applause Applause
( I suppose you mean no two from the right? Or is the white one even more Afghan-looking ? I can't really see it Shocked )

Strange that they did not have those toobs in their catalogue.
Safari certainly is a tough job for poor Roger Very Happy
Thank you Andreas and Susanne! sunny
I thought of you when I saw this Afghan!! Very Happy It is the lovely white one on the far right, I'm hoping Taylor might see this and be able to take close photos! Very Happy Yes, poor Roger, so confusing! scratch
Back to top Go down
Taos

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Safari Farm/ Dog Toobs from 90s   Safari Farm/ Dog Toobs from 90s EmptySun 20 Feb 2022 - 17:48

Here is the little Afghan as requested-he has no marks on him except Afghan hound.

Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Safari Farm/ Dog Toobs from 90s   Safari Farm/ Dog Toobs from 90s EmptySun 20 Feb 2022 - 19:18

He is wonderful !!!

Thankyou very much dear Taylor sunny

He could look like a Bakhmull , the original original Afghan hound cheers Very Happy

Bonnie

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: Safari Farm/ Dog Toobs from 90s   Safari Farm/ Dog Toobs from 90s EmptyMon 21 Feb 2022 - 9:33

Thank you so much Taylor, such a beautiful dog! sunny cheers
Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: Safari Farm/ Dog Toobs from 90s   Safari Farm/ Dog Toobs from 90s EmptyTue 22 Mar 2022 - 13:07

I was just looking back at this topic, especially at this beautiful, interesting and confusing Afghan! study Hopefully [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] will see this, but I was just wondering what evidence we have that this Afghan is by Safari, as I would be really interested to know given that it has just come up for sale here: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
If it definitely is by Safari, and seeing as it seems so rare I would probably have to buy this lot- but just wondered how much evidence we have for this being the case! Very Happy study
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Safari Farm/ Dog Toobs from 90s   Safari Farm/ Dog Toobs from 90s EmptyWed 23 Mar 2022 - 12:28

Bonnie wrote:
I was just looking back at this topic, especially at this beautiful, interesting and confusing Afghan! study Hopefully  [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] will see this, but I was just wondering what evidence we have that this Afghan is by Safari, as I would be really interested to know given that it has just come up for sale here: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
If it definitely is by Safari, and seeing as it seems so rare I would probably have to buy this lot- but just wondered how much evidence we have for this being the case! Very Happy study

I am not sure someone can warrant it but the fact it is being sold with other Safari models, may increase the chances it is a Safari figure. It is cool to see the fennec fox among those, they are now more like pets than wild animals.

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: Safari Farm/ Dog Toobs from 90s   Safari Farm/ Dog Toobs from 90s EmptyThu 24 Mar 2022 - 18:31

Roger wrote:
Bonnie wrote:
I was just looking back at this topic, especially at this beautiful, interesting and confusing Afghan! study Hopefully  [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] will see this, but I was just wondering what evidence we have that this Afghan is by Safari, as I would be really interested to know given that it has just come up for sale here: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I am not sure someone can warrant it but the fact it is being sold with other Safari models, may increase the chances it is a Safari figure. It is cool to see the fennec fox among those, they are now more like pets than wild animals.
Yes, that is a good point. study I thought that too, interesting to see a fennec with the others!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Safari Farm/ Dog Toobs from 90s   Safari Farm/ Dog Toobs from 90s Empty

Back to top Go down

Safari Farm/ Dog Toobs from 90s
Page 1 of 1