Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Schleich 13938 Windhund / Greyhound

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Shanti

Shanti

Country/State : Germany

Schleich 13938 Windhund / Greyhound Empty
PostSubject: Schleich 13938 Windhund / Greyhound   Schleich 13938 Windhund / Greyhound EmptySun Feb 20, 2022 4:57 pm

Together with the new Bull Terrier this cute "Windhund" jumped into my basket.
We all know this is an Afghan hound but Schleich calls it a "Windhund" translated to "Greyhound" on their english website. Idea silent

Nevertheless it is a pretty nice mold and the color is nice too. The eyes are not painted very correct but well...
Forgot to take a photo of the bottom... It is made in Portugal btw. Very Happy

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

The front view is rather funny!  Laughing

I like this typical cute tail!

Back to top Go down
Taos

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 13938 Windhund / Greyhound   Schleich 13938 Windhund / Greyhound EmptySun Feb 20, 2022 5:11 pm

The lovely Afghan hound-here he is with some others including Collect A.

Shanti

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 13938 Windhund / Greyhound   Schleich 13938 Windhund / Greyhound EmptySun Feb 20, 2022 5:13 pm

Oooh, nice comparison!! Very Happy I love you
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 13938 Windhund / Greyhound   Schleich 13938 Windhund / Greyhound EmptySun Feb 20, 2022 5:40 pm

Shanti, I am delighted to see your wonderful photos of this wonderful Afghan hound from the group of gazehound /sighthound ( = Windhunde in German Wink )Applause

And, WOW ! Taylor, what a gorgeous flock you have there cheers
Is it possible to see a picture of the middle one ( in front of the Schleich one) ? Very Happy

Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 13938 Windhund / Greyhound   Schleich 13938 Windhund / Greyhound EmptySun Feb 20, 2022 6:54 pm

I really find this dog figure very good. I enjoy the fur, the long legs, the not large head, the tail is perfect. I really think the only distracting part to consider it a realistic model, are those eyes. I know it works to some people but it ends being ironical because even when Schleich figures were not very good in terms of proportions, they used to be made with beautiful eyes and faces. Here, proportions are really great but those eyes give a toyish touch to the figure. At least it is not like the Chihuahua or fennec and the final result is quite positive.

Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 13938 Windhund / Greyhound   Schleich 13938 Windhund / Greyhound EmptySun Feb 20, 2022 8:29 pm

Actually the eyes are not that bad !

The snout seems to supposed to be black, which could be the colour fawn, seen on the dog to the left here :

The dog to the right also has very dark skin ( see between the ears ), and lots of black "eye-liner" Wink

Bonnie

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 13938 Windhund / Greyhound   Schleich 13938 Windhund / Greyhound EmptyMon Feb 21, 2022 9:45 am

I love this model! cheers cheers
I was pleased when I saw Schleich were releasing it, but when I saw it in real life I was even more pleased! Very Happy And the more I look at it the more I love it, it is beautiful and seems to me to be the best dog they have made in a long time! The fur is so detailed, the shape and proportions really nice, I love the touch of the tail and the colouring is so pretty! It's also so elegant and graceful, and I love how it doesn't have too much fur like the modern Afghans, and looks more athletic like they used to look! Very Happy My only main fault would probably be the mould lines, it looks less sharp/ natural in a way because there seems to be a layer of material along some areas of the outline, but it isn't too noticeable luckily! All in all a wonderful wonderful model of the breed, I hope Schleich keep making dogs like this, thank you very much for the photos! cheers
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 13938 Windhund / Greyhound   Schleich 13938 Windhund / Greyhound EmptyMon Feb 21, 2022 11:43 am

SUSANNE wrote:
Actually the eyes are not that bad !

The snout seems to supposed to be black, which could be the colour fawn, seen on the dog to the left here :

The dog to the right also has very dark skin ( see between the ears ), and lots of black "eye-liner" Wink

Great comparison Susanne, it is really well sculpted. Eyes are not exaggerated, I just think this kind of finish in figures with relatively big eyes, result a little unpleasant. Though, it is more evident with these close ups, I know when we see them in real, the effect is not that bad.
Susanne, I know this topic is not yours but I really would love to see the Schleich model together with the Chap Mei counterpart. If it is not hard for you to find your Chap, could you please take a quick comparison pic? Very Happy

Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 13938 Windhund / Greyhound   Schleich 13938 Windhund / Greyhound EmptyMon Feb 21, 2022 5:15 pm

Bonnie wrote:
.....and I love how it doesn't have too much fur like the modern Afghans, and looks more athletic like they used to look!......

Hear ! Hear !!! cheers Applause

Roger, I am almost sure I know where is is Wink

Taos

Taos

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 13938 Windhund / Greyhound   Schleich 13938 Windhund / Greyhound EmptyMon Feb 21, 2022 9:04 pm

Thank you Susanne.Yes,it would be nice to see the Chap Mei model.I will get a photo of the little Afghan at the weekend.

Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 13938 Windhund / Greyhound   Schleich 13938 Windhund / Greyhound EmptyMon Feb 21, 2022 9:05 pm

SUSANNE wrote:

I don't know how do you find your figures but I am so happy that we'll have a comparison between these two gens. cheers

Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 13938 Windhund / Greyhound   Schleich 13938 Windhund / Greyhound EmptyMon Feb 21, 2022 9:26 pm

Roger wrote:
SUSANNE wrote:

I don't know how do you find your figures but I am so happy that we'll have a comparison between these two gens. cheers

Ohh, that is easy, - she is in the box with New Ray, of course lol!

SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 13938 Windhund / Greyhound   Schleich 13938 Windhund / Greyhound EmptyMon Feb 21, 2022 10:16 pm

Here they are , - the pictures are not too perfect, but you get the idea , I hope Very Happy

And here is my little pack I love you

If they had been short haired, the sizes could have been : Wolf- or Deerhound, Greyhound, Whippet, and ( a large ) Italian greyhound Laughing

Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 13938 Windhund / Greyhound   Schleich 13938 Windhund / Greyhound EmptyMon Feb 21, 2022 10:27 pm

More than perfect, Susanne! Of course your Chap Mei was with the New-Ray My Best Friends. Such a huge series without a single sighthound. I was not ready for such difference in size. I forgot how small are new Schleich and how large are Chap Mei.
That last picture is wonderful. Ironically the CollectA model seems to be the less appealing but at least it is different from all others. Many thanks! flower

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 13938 Windhund / Greyhound   Schleich 13938 Windhund / Greyhound EmptyTue Feb 22, 2022 11:26 am

Beautiful, beautiful pack of Afghans!! drunken cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 13938 Windhund / Greyhound   Schleich 13938 Windhund / Greyhound EmptyTue Feb 22, 2022 3:46 pm

Thankyou, Roger and Lillias king queen

Taos

Taos

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 13938 Windhund / Greyhound   Schleich 13938 Windhund / Greyhound EmptyWed Feb 23, 2022 8:47 pm

Lovely group-the little Eikoh model is a beauty. Smile

Taos

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 13938 Windhund / Greyhound   Schleich 13938 Windhund / Greyhound EmptySun Feb 27, 2022 4:43 pm

Here is the little Afghan hound as requested by Susanne.I think it may have been a pencil topper as there is a hole underneath and I think there is a made in China mark in the whole.

Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 13938 Windhund / Greyhound   Schleich 13938 Windhund / Greyhound EmptySun Feb 27, 2022 9:08 pm

Thankyou very much, dear Taylor Very Happy

It reminds me of a medium sized dog I once met on the beach, where she was giving her human a brisk walk ... It was one of the most lovely dogs I ever saw, and it turned out she was a cross between an Afghan gazehound and a cocker spaniel Laughing

But your neat pencil stopper could be a young Afghan, - or one from before the dog-show mania of making much into too much ( fur in this case).

Taos

Taos

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 13938 Windhund / Greyhound   Schleich 13938 Windhund / Greyhound EmptyThu Mar 03, 2022 8:53 pm

No problem at all!How strange that you met a Cocker cross Afghan hound as I knew of one of those when I lived in London many years ago!He was a very good escape artist!!

Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 13938 Windhund / Greyhound   Schleich 13938 Windhund / Greyhound EmptyThu Mar 03, 2022 9:21 pm

Taos wrote:
.....How strange that you met a Cocker cross Afghan hound as I knew of one of those when I lived in London many years ago!He was a very good escape artist!!

Yes, that is extremely strange !
Perhaps we met the two ony ones in Europe ? Laughing

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 13938 Windhund / Greyhound   Schleich 13938 Windhund / Greyhound Empty

Back to top Go down

Schleich 13938 Windhund / Greyhound
Page 1 of 1