Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Ravensden topic: Any info would be really useful

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
aschuck

aschuck

Country/State : Michigan

The Ravensden topic: Any info would be really useful Empty
PostSubject: The Ravensden topic: Any info would be really useful   The Ravensden topic: Any info would be really useful EmptySun Feb 27, 2022 4:51 am

Dear Sts Friends:

Hey guys, I was just wondering, does anyone else beside me even know about this company ravensden? The reason why I ask is because I'm looking for info about their figures, as they might be another connection to the mysterious trail of AAA. Anyway, if anyone has info to share, your help would really be useful right about now. In the meantime, here is an example of a listing I saw on ebay:

Hanging eagle 50 CM.

And that's all the link said. Anyway, I need all the help I can get as far as following the AAA trail. Well, I guess I'll just have to keep digging around. Man oh man, that eagle would look cool in my collection though.

Aschuck

P.S. I also saw a few listings for Ravensden toucan figures too.

Back to top Go down
Taos

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: The Ravensden topic: Any info would be really useful   The Ravensden topic: Any info would be really useful EmptySun Feb 27, 2022 4:32 pm

I have a few models by this company but they are the same models/re issue of the AAA models-I have a Grey wolf and the African hunting dog.

Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: The Ravensden topic: Any info would be really useful   The Ravensden topic: Any info would be really useful EmptySun Feb 27, 2022 5:18 pm

Yes, Ravensden is a UK company that sold for a long time AAA figures. I think their focus now is more soft toys.
Surely one way to find AAA models is searching for Ravensden, exactly the same when you search for Mamejo Nature in USA.
Here is their website:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Country/State : United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: The Ravensden topic: Any info would be really useful   The Ravensden topic: Any info would be really useful EmptyThu Dec 28, 2023 2:25 am

Hey, this is old I know but I just found and joined this forum today after researching something else and got sidetracked by AAA (very nostalgic for me, had a big box of "AAA animals" as we used to call them!) I happened to work in a zoo gift shop for a while in the early 00s and we sold a lot of AAA figures which we ordered wholesale from Ravensden. The actual figures always had the AAA stamp but they also usually (adult animals at least) had a cardboard tag tied to them with the Ravensden logo (the same tag used on the plush toys). They were the same figures sold through the Early Learning Centre although it always seemed to me the plastic used in the Ravensden ones was slightly softer than the ELC plastic - I had several figures in both versions, and always preferred the Ravensden ones.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: The Ravensden topic: Any info would be really useful   The Ravensden topic: Any info would be really useful EmptyThu Dec 28, 2023 12:10 pm

Hippo wrote:
Hey, this is old I know but I just found and joined this forum today after researching something else and got sidetracked by AAA (very nostalgic for me, had a big box of "AAA animals" as we used to call them!) I happened to work in a zoo gift shop for a while in the early 00s and we sold a lot of AAA figures which we ordered wholesale from Ravensden. The actual figures always had the AAA stamp but they also usually (adult animals at least) had a cardboard tag tied to them with the Ravensden logo (the same tag used on the plush toys). They were the same figures sold through the Early Learning Centre although it always seemed to me the plastic used in the Ravensden ones was slightly softer than the ELC plastic - I had several figures in both versions, and always preferred the Ravensden ones.

Welcome on forum and please feel free to revive any topic regardless of its "antiquity". Wink
Ravensden sold a huge range of AAA figures, it is great to know more about them. ELC at some point mixed AAA figures with others which manufacturing is still unknown to us. Materials and colors of AAA manufactured figures are quite variable because it always depends on the agreement between the custommer company and the AAA maker. I have a few AAA from different brands, Mamejo Nature, Yolanda and eventually Ravensden and they all show different finish quality.

PostSubject: Re: The Ravensden topic: Any info would be really useful   The Ravensden topic: Any info would be really useful Empty

Back to top Go down

The Ravensden topic: Any info would be really useful
Page 1 of 1