Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 8/25*

Go down 
+38
jarda
Nasreddin
Balaenoptera
Caracal
rogerpgvg
Leoo Past
pipsxlch
Taos
widukind
Kikimalou
Saarlooswolfhound
75senta75
Jill
Stripedhyena
Saien
costicuba
Ana
Wilorvise
Roy-Swetsie
Mitsukuni
Concavenator
thebritfarmer
Gecko08
lolavichor
Duck-Anch-Amun
Megaptera
sunny
endogenylove
Loon
lucky luke
George
Joliezac
Roger
Bonnie
landrover
Pardofelis
SUSANNE
bmathison1972
42 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28  Next
AuthorMessage
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 8/25* - Page 27 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 8/25*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 8/25* - Page 27 EmptyWed Jun 05, 2024 7:16 pm

Thank you everyone! The fish has no stamp nor species (trout like). I think its a game piece because it has a recessed hole in its mouth. I will try to post close ups sometimes of it.

Its been a crazy busy week for me (the crazy and the busy are sadly becoming more and more common for me) but lots of great packages have arrived to cheer my mood!

Too much in both photos to discus it all, but a brief overview:
I picked some CollectA to tie loose ends for families of figures and got 2 extra axolotls for my obssessed niece and nephew to enjoy. I lucked out and found several of the HappyKin arctic animals I thought I missed out forever on! The only one I REALLY want still missing is the hourglass dolphin. I found some fun dinos including the retired Safari plesiosuchus (missed out on this one too many times to count!). Came across the WR ecodome giraffes but I may not end up retaining them... they aren't really my style. Lastly of note I scored some rubber K&M seals from my good friend. Very Happy
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

And then my new addiction... Toymany!!!

And I mean... how cute is this?

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous

Last edited by Saarlooswolfhound on Wed Jun 05, 2024 10:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Joliezac

Joliezac

Country/State : New Jersey, USA

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 8/25*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 8/25* - Page 27 EmptyWed Jun 05, 2024 7:24 pm

Wonderful new additions! I saw those rubber seals on eBay and was very intrigued by them. Are they a hard or soft rubber?

I don't have any happy kin models but they look really interesting. I love the strap-toothed whale and hourglass dolphin, I'd love to get my hands on the Play Visions hourglass dolphin...

Big Toymany group! Loveee the rabbits!

Congrats! cheers I love you

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
https://joliezacc9d79.myportfolio.com/
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 8/25*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 8/25* - Page 27 EmptyWed Jun 05, 2024 9:19 pm

Wow wow wow, the banded seal by K&M. What a beautiful catch. The other figures are very nice too.

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 8/25*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 8/25* - Page 27 EmptyThu Jun 06, 2024 3:55 pm

So many new additions. It is hard to check them all. Laughing

sunny

Country/State : uk

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 8/25*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 8/25* - Page 27 EmptyThu Jun 06, 2024 6:10 pm

Saarlooswolfhound wrote:

Those little giraffes in the set of 4 look quite interesting Paige. They seem to be around Britains size?
And they also have a cutie kind of appearance that I rather like.

If you ever get a chance, could you take a pic of the 2 smaller ones please?
I don't think you have any Britains in your collection for a size comparison? (I can't remember if you do?)

And that is a very interesting brown horse in front of them. What make is that?

and congratulations on all your new models! Very exciting:)
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 8/25*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 8/25* - Page 27 EmptyFri Jun 07, 2024 9:33 am

Congratulation Paige, the two K&M seals are really interresting and I never imagine the Toymany rabbits were so small Laughing
Back to top Go down
Taos

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 8/25*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 8/25* - Page 27 EmptySat Jun 08, 2024 11:17 am

Congrats-great selection of models!! cheers cheers cheers cheers Do you know the makers of the Snub nosed monkey and the deer?

Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 8/25*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 8/25* - Page 27 EmptySat Jun 08, 2024 12:18 pm

I unfortunately do not know the brand of the snub-nosed monkey and its not stamped. The deer was originally part of a US made hunting set and it has been copied by other brands multiple times. I can't recall the maker right now but I have it down somewhere in my records. I will see if I can find it when I get home.

Here it is in the left top corner.

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
Taos

Taos

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 8/25*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 8/25* - Page 27 EmptySat Jun 08, 2024 12:54 pm

Many thanks! Smile

lucky luke

Country/State : FRANCE Saint-Louis

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 8/25*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 8/25* - Page 27 EmptySat Jun 08, 2024 1:19 pm

Very Happy Applause cheers
Back to top Go down
Saien

Saien

Country/State : Slovakia

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 8/25*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 8/25* - Page 27 EmptySun Jun 23, 2024 1:41 pm

Wow, wonderful new additions! cheers Applause

Jill

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 8/25*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 8/25* - Page 27 EmptyMon Jul 01, 2024 2:29 pm

Congrats on many great finds! I love the black and tan jackal/wolf figure.
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 8/25*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 8/25* - Page 27 EmptyThu Jul 25, 2024 12:43 am

Thank you everyone!

Man it has been busy lately. But I still manage to find time for my hobby. There are a fair few finds that I indulged in for my birthday earlier this month. But I am too tired currently to provide much description... Sleep

I did finally decide to get inti WIA horses! There are 2 new Schleich and a pair of Big Country paints too.

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 8/25*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 8/25* - Page 27 EmptyThu Jul 25, 2024 4:45 am

I'm so glad you can find time for your hobby. The community really misses you when you're less active, but most importantly, I hope you're happy. I love WIA horse. Very Happy

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 8/25*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 8/25* - Page 27 EmptyThu Jul 25, 2024 4:49 am

Congratulations

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Taos

Taos

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 8/25*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 8/25* - Page 27 EmptyThu Jul 25, 2024 1:23 pm

Great additions!!congrats!The black pigs and the Afghan look great and the paints and the spotted draught are wonderful!!! cheers cheers cheers

Shanti

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 8/25*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 8/25* - Page 27 EmptyThu Jul 25, 2024 2:31 pm

The WIA Horses are so beautiful!! But I like your other additions as well! Great you found the time of taking photos and showing them! cheers sunny
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 8/25*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 8/25* - Page 27 EmptyFri Jul 26, 2024 10:48 pm

Thank you Roger, I really do love this community and I hate to be less active. I hope that eventually (maybe around the end of the year?) I can be more productive here.

Thank you Taylor and Andreas!

Thank you Shanti. The WIA were a series I really did *want* but kept trying to shrug off... somehow the bug came back and it got me good! They are really lovely in person, photos don't do them justice.

Back to top Go down
Toymany-kenc

Toymany-kenc

Country/State : US

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 8/25*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 8/25* - Page 27 EmptySat Jul 27, 2024 12:48 am

cheers Thanks your share Paige.

Instagram:https://www.instagram.com/toymany_official

About Toymany:https://toymany.com/pages/about
Back to top Go down
https://toymany.com?utm_source=STSforum
Nasreddin

Nasreddin

Country/State : Iran

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 8/25*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 8/25* - Page 27 EmptySat Jul 27, 2024 3:21 am

Toymany-kenc wrote:
 Isn't there any news for Painting toy many monkies?
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 8/25*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 8/25* - Page 27 EmptySat Jul 27, 2024 4:16 am

Nasreddin wrote:
Toymany-kenc wrote:
 Isn't there any news for Painting toy many monkies?

As you know we have a topic for that and Ken will update it as soon as he has news to share. That's just Paige's topic. Wink

landrover

Country/State : colombia

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 8/25*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 8/25* - Page 27 EmptySat Jul 27, 2024 10:50 am

These horses are really nice. Congratulations. cheers cheers cheers

Jill

Jill

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 8/25*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 8/25* - Page 27 EmptySat Jul 27, 2024 1:19 pm

Awesome additions, love all the horses. Those WIAs are so beautiful of course! The dark dabble bay is especially nice. Definitely if I had the space and wanted to move into horse figures that weren't Breyer or very very tiny, this would be the first direction I would go.

Also the Kid Kore afghan is so nice, she is still one of my favorite dog figures. Love the huge ear fennec too!
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 8/25*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 8/25* - Page 27 EmptyMon Aug 05, 2024 8:14 pm

Thank you everyone!

Sometimes when you gamble... you get a pay out. The first time I saw both Toymany and Eyscota, I dabbled in their products, and (mostly with Toymany) they paid out! I wandered over to the Eyscota store to check in on them and there was a new cat set. Another must have! I will do a proper presentation thread at a later date. Then while traveling to Fort Collins Colorado for a wedding, I found a toy store with some IC scaly friends I couldn't say no to; one Bully amphibian tagged along. In the same trip, I snagged a Little Buster Toys new longhorn bull. He is a mammoth of a bovine! One "Animal Paradise" mastiff made its way home (he has 2 brothers that will be custom projects someday), and 2 Chinese dragons because I haven't gotten any fantasy models in too long... And one chinasaur-spinosaur to add to my hoard.

Aaand then other times when you gamble... it doesn't work out. This was a new "brand", EOIVSH, that popped up for me on Amazon and I gave it a try. I think a few of the dogs are bootleg moulds of Mr. Z or someone similar. They aren't *horrible* but they aren't exactly my favorite either...

The dogs I think will scale fine with most brands but are probably on the larger side. The cats are huge; they remind me of the AAA ones. The plastic and paintwork is poorer quality (the Shiba never got a nose painted in the promo nor the final products!), the sculpts have sort of a weird texture (the bottoms of the cats are flat, no paws or anything). They fall into a strange category I can't quite describe yet.

I don't feel as comfortable identifying the cats (a few are just generic shorthairs); so I will focus on the dog breeds instead. Several are very nice sculpts, but the paintwork lets it down. My lab and doberman had warped legs and my rottie had some weird dirty water spray on it I need to see if I can wash off or overcoat. The standouts for me and the schnauzer, English bull dog, and mastiff (a kurdish mastiff?).

I mean these Eyscota exotic shorthairs are dwarfed by their cousins!

Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 8/25*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 8/25* - Page 27 EmptyTue Aug 06, 2024 1:44 am

Congratulations

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 8/25*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 8/25* - Page 27 Empty

Back to top Go down

Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 8/25*
Page 27 of 28Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28  Next