Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 8/25*

Go down 
+38
jarda
Nasreddin
Balaenoptera
Caracal
rogerpgvg
Leoo Past
pipsxlch
Taos
widukind
Kikimalou
Saarlooswolfhound
75senta75
Jill
Stripedhyena
Saien
costicuba
Ana
Wilorvise
Roy-Swetsie
Mitsukuni
Concavenator
thebritfarmer
Gecko08
lolavichor
Duck-Anch-Amun
Megaptera
sunny
endogenylove
Loon
lucky luke
George
Joliezac
Roger
Bonnie
landrover
Pardofelis
SUSANNE
bmathison1972
42 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28
AuthorMessage
sunny

sunny

Country/State : uk

Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 8/25* - Page 28 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 8/25*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 8/25* - Page 28 EmptyTue Aug 06, 2024 7:10 pm

Saarlooswolfhound wrote:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

The tiny cats are very cute Paige! Congratulations on all your new models:)

I was thinking that whilst the bigger cats are out of proportion and some are ugly/cute - perhaps Jill may like their expressions?
I find them endearing hahaha!

And the comparison between the gigantic cats and the tinys is funny! I do like all of them:)
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 8/25*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 8/25* - Page 28 EmptyTue Aug 06, 2024 8:00 pm

The two snakes are incredible and the Bullyland frog is really great. About the cats... Well... I use to collect real ones Laughing
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 8/25*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 8/25* - Page 28 EmptyTue Aug 06, 2024 9:14 pm

Thank you everyone! Even the "not so nice" cats will be staying with me, they just were a little less quality finish and bigger than what I was expecting is all. I like their goofy faces. Very Happy

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Jill

Jill

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 8/25*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 8/25* - Page 28 EmptyWed Aug 07, 2024 2:00 am

Ooo, love the new Eyscota cats! And those snakes are amazing! The EOIVSH animals are certainly interesting. Many of them do seem like great sculpts, probably because as you said they are knock offs, but the size means they aren't likely to end up in my collection. Though I have to say, the face on that crouching one in the last photo is amazing. Both of them actually. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 8/25*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 8/25* - Page 28 EmptyWed Aug 07, 2024 6:40 pm

You always find a way to find new figures. Congratulations for your new models. Which one is the kurdish mastiff? Can you give a closer picture when you have time?

Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 8/25*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 8/25* - Page 28 EmptyWed Aug 07, 2024 6:53 pm

Thank you Jill and Roger!

Roger, the questionable mastiff is the brown sharpei looking one behind and to the right of the Schnauzer on the bottom row. You can see it a little closer up in the cat size comparison photo. It has a very short muzzle, but lots of loose extra skin around its head/neck. I really have no idea what its supposed to be, that is just my closest guess.

My next category for my website/collection presentation is pets. I will do better photos and comparisons of my models with these new ones then. So hang tight, maybe a month or so and I am happy to oblige!

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 8/25*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 8/25* - Page 28 EmptyThu Aug 08, 2024 5:24 pm

Saarlooswolfhound wrote:
Thank you Jill and Roger!

Roger, the questionable mastiff is the brown sharpei looking one behind and to the right of the Schnauzer on the bottom row. You can see it a little closer up in the cat size comparison photo. It has a very short muzzle, but lots of loose extra skin around its head/neck. I really have no idea what its supposed to be, that is just my closest guess.

My next category for my website/collection presentation is pets. I will do better photos and comparisons of my models with these new ones then. So hang tight, maybe a month or so and I am happy to oblige!

Ah OK! I assumed it as a Shar Pei.

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 8/25*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 8/25* - Page 28 EmptyThu Aug 08, 2024 9:51 pm

Some rather interesting models and congrats!I can seem some breed cats but would agree that there are a number of domestic longhairs and shorthairs.
I think you mastiff maybe a Neopolitan.At one time they were bred with lots and lots of wrinkles but later examples then to be less wrinkly.They can come in a fawn/tawny colour as well as the more familiar blue/grey/black

Taos

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 8/25*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 8/25* - Page 28 EmptyThu Aug 08, 2024 9:57 pm

Congrats on the new models.I would agree that the Schnauzer is a really good model and I quite like the Alaskan Malemute as well.Certainly the mastiff is not a Shar Pei as they don't have cropped ears and the body shape is wrong.

Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 8/25*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 8/25* - Page 28 EmptyMon Aug 12, 2024 3:00 am

Thank you Taylor! I will definitely be doing more close ups and comparisons for review. The mastiff reminds me of some breed I have seen before but I can't really put my finger on. But it was likely intended to be a neopolitan as you suggest Taylor.

A few more newbies! First up, Ken was so incredibly kind as to send me a set of the babies for review. Blaine and I will be tackling them for the ATB, but for now they are just adorable. My giraffe, sika, and moose have slightly warped legs (a result of transit and our extreme temperatures here) but each model is lovely! I will definitely be showing their own topic shortly with some comparisons. I also recently found the Safari sugar glider and Holstein cow in a Petco in Kuna Idaho. And last but not least... I got 2 more WIA! The much adored Gustav and the SE Bella Rose I got to chatting with a fellow collector on ebay, I was originally only interested in Gustav, but she offered Bella Rose for a price I couldn't refuse so she came along.

Then even more excitement! My side of the trade from Balaenoptera arrived!
I got Christmas in July (arrived in August) because she reached out to me about one of my holy grails- the AAA lying down wolf mother with 2 pups. One thing led to another and I was able to score one of her specially made dolphins, a whole slew of butterflies, and more goodies!!! So huge thank you to Balaenoptera for everything!

Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 8/25*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 8/25* - Page 28 EmptyMon Aug 12, 2024 9:15 am

Congratulations, can you please share closer pics of the Yowie birds?

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Taos

Taos

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 8/25*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 8/25* - Page 28 EmptyMon Aug 12, 2024 5:00 pm

Lovely additions,especially like Gustav!!!! cheers cheers cheers

Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 8/25*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 8/25* - Page 28 EmptyTue Aug 13, 2024 5:19 am

I would be happy to Andreas! Just give me a few days.

And thank you Taylor, me too. Wink

Back to top Go down
landrover

landrover

Country/State : colombia

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 8/25*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 8/25* - Page 28 EmptyTue Aug 13, 2024 9:47 pm

Congratulations, sunny sunny sunny

My favorites are the dromedary and the giraffe.

Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 8/25*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 8/25* - Page 28 EmptyWed Aug 14, 2024 11:12 am

Congratulations for your new figures. Especially the WIA horses which are all very beautiful without exception. Thanks also to you both for your observations about the Mastiff.

Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 8/25*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 8/25* - Page 28 EmptyMon Aug 26, 2024 3:01 am

Thank you Fernando and Roger!

Some newbies:

The New Ray cats came in a big lot with almost each original release AND it's color variant. I am only missing the white Abyssinian now (pictured here are just the ones I needed). The Breyer stablemate longhorn was not only a rare sighting, but a cheap addition! Lastly the better half of the K&M AZA tube with the long wished for przewalskis horse from one of our wonderful rarity dealers Whitelightningwolf. The others were bycatch in ebay lots or thrifting.

Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 8/25*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 8/25* - Page 28 EmptyMon Aug 26, 2024 7:28 am

Your WIA horses are absolutely stunning and the butterflies are beautifully coloured.
Special congratulations on the K&M AZA tube.
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 8/25*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 8/25* - Page 28 EmptyMon Aug 26, 2024 8:02 am

I like this stuff of small brands

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Taos

Taos

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 8/25*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 8/25* - Page 28 EmptyMon Aug 26, 2024 12:35 pm

Great selection again. cheers cheers cheers :cheers:Its great to see the New Ray cats and their variations!Also love the Hood Hounds!

Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 8/25*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 8/25* - Page 28 EmptyFri Aug 30, 2024 12:43 pm

Since I'm using a lot the word traditional, let me tell you that I enjoy the fact that you are a traditional collector. Willy, Susanne, Fernando and many other friends on forum share this eclectic approach and very openminded. I feel a sort of a wave of collectors with narrowed preferences, it results from several factors and it is not a bad thing at all. I am myself in the middle of the two "categories". There isn't much to link between brands like WIA and New-Ray but actually, they're basically te same, toy animal figures.

Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 8/25*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 8/25* - Page 28 EmptyFri Aug 30, 2024 8:58 pm

Thank you all!

I really enjoy collecting models from the brands that have often fallen out of favor, like New Ray and brands that were very niche such as Hood Hounds. But we also live in an era of this hobby where wonderful new things become a reality like WIA and their gorgeous horses that I finally caved in and am tracking down, and odd new things rising in the age of online international stores like Amazon and these recent giant dogs and cats.

I don't think I could ever restrict myself as do the scale collectors or the ones who want just one prime example of X species/breed. BUT with that being said, I really enjoy seeing their collections on forum too! I guess this just speaks to our own artistic spin on the hobby for each of us.

Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 8/25*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 8/25* - Page 28 EmptySat Aug 31, 2024 8:35 am

Excellent philosophy cheers

By the way, could yountell me wjere you found the brown Gustav ? I only found the black leopard one on MPV
Back to top Go down
Jill

Jill

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 8/25*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 8/25* - Page 28 EmptySun Sep 01, 2024 6:40 pm

I love the new ray cats, the orange sitting tabby is one of my favorites, as well as the expression on the colorpoint, haha! And congrats on the K&M przewalski, I saw that lot and I am glad it went to someone here. Very Happy I was very tempted by it for the zebra but since I already had the horse I refrained, haha.
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 8/25*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 8/25* - Page 28 EmptySun Sep 01, 2024 11:53 pm

@Kiki, I am looking for mine all off ebay, and so far have made some pretty good progress on the series. The next one I want is the Black Shariff but it hasn't popped up in a while on US ebay...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], I really like the cats too and jumped on this mixed lot because it was nearly both of the series in their entirety! I really just wanted the prsewalski horse, but it was a fairly reasonable listing so I just grabbed it while I could. I love that little horse!

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 8/25*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 8/25* - Page 28 Empty

Back to top Go down

Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 8/25*
Page 28 of 28Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28