Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Super package from Susanne!!! 5th part, a vacuum cleaner and a childhood friend.

Go down 
+13
rogerpgvg
Caracal
Shanti
Taos
75senta75
Tupolew Tu-154
bmathison1972
widukind
SUSANNE
Joliezac
costicuba
landrover
Roger
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

Super package from Susanne!!! 5th part, a vacuum cleaner and a childhood friend. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Super package from Susanne!!! 5th part, a vacuum cleaner and a childhood friend.   Super package from Susanne!!! 5th part, a vacuum cleaner and a childhood friend. - Page 2 EmptySun May 29, 2022 9:09 am

Susanne, I am glad I can share some useful information. :)

Shanti wrote:
Absolutely wonderful horses!! Congratulations!! Very Happy cheers sunny
I got me the new horses as well and I owned the black sharif too. Sadly I broke the front leg...

I'm sorry for your model. Can't you fix it? It is exactly what I explain when showing it with the Papo model. WIA figures are probably not sold in big stores with shelves. That's one of the reasons why mass produced figures from popular brands cannot assume the risk of offering such delicate figures.

rogerpgvg wrote:
They are amazingly beautifully sculpted and painted horses! Real masterpieces. I am surprised that Sharif is made of the same PVC as Schleichs. Is it equally rubbery or harder?

This horse has a harder plastic than my last Schleich horses, the Sorraia. You can readjust slightly the legs but the tail is absoolutely hard, you can't bend it at all.

Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

Super package from Susanne!!! 5th part, a vacuum cleaner and a childhood friend. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Super package from Susanne!!! 5th part, a vacuum cleaner and a childhood friend.   Super package from Susanne!!! 5th part, a vacuum cleaner and a childhood friend. - Page 2 EmptySun May 29, 2022 11:28 am

I knew I had to sit down and read this whole topic before posting. :)

What a splendid friend Susanne is! And what a superb package of goodies too! Everything from the lovely birds, the stunning dino, the gorgeous proboscidian, the fantastic horses! Each one is simply wonderful, hurray for you both! I can't think of a more deserving person for such a great parcel.

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Shanti

Shanti

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Super package from Susanne!!! 5th part, a vacuum cleaner and a childhood friend.   Super package from Susanne!!! 5th part, a vacuum cleaner and a childhood friend. - Page 2 EmptySun May 29, 2022 12:19 pm

The material is harder than Schleichs.
Back to top Go down
rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Super package from Susanne!!! 5th part, a vacuum cleaner and a childhood friend.   Super package from Susanne!!! 5th part, a vacuum cleaner and a childhood friend. - Page 2 EmptySun May 29, 2022 4:09 pm

Thanks, I just wondered because Sharif's legs are so thin (as they should be).

Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Super package from Susanne!!! 5th part, a vacuum cleaner and a childhood friend.   Super package from Susanne!!! 5th part, a vacuum cleaner and a childhood friend. - Page 2 EmptySun May 29, 2022 4:50 pm

Thanks Paige for your very kind words. flower

Before posting the last members, since we are talking about the manufacturing development of these last years, this comparison of the Eofauna konobelodon with the Bullyland (1999) Gomphotherium is also very eloquent.
Eofauna models have very high quality standards.Obviously I have a huge respect for these old Bullyland figures but they represent two very different levels of quality. I know they're not family but I don't have a Safari Amebelodon to use with the konobelodon.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Edit: I forgot to mention the Bully is half the price so it is not a very fair comparison. Laughing

Last edited by Roger on Sun May 29, 2022 5:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
thebritfarmer

thebritfarmer

Country/State : Ontario, Canada

PostSubject: Re: Super package from Susanne!!! 5th part, a vacuum cleaner and a childhood friend.   Super package from Susanne!!! 5th part, a vacuum cleaner and a childhood friend. - Page 2 EmptySun May 29, 2022 4:58 pm

The horses are superb. I had to google them and they seem reasonably priced! I wish they came in a smaller scale though.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Super package from Susanne!!! 5th part, a vacuum cleaner and a childhood friend.   Super package from Susanne!!! 5th part, a vacuum cleaner and a childhood friend. - Page 2 EmptySun May 29, 2022 7:26 pm

I will use later this topic for my 2022 arrivals, so it is the end of this package but not the end of the story since I have more figures to show.
I am for a certain time wanting to collect a few lifesized figures. Not many, maybe just some interesting representatives of some interesting taxa.
So, I acquired these two frogs. The Incredible American bullfrog by Safari, a really huge model but these frogs are really much larger than those I can find in my country. I always wanted to experience one of these models and I really loved holding it on my hand and feeling a little vertigo as it happens when we hold a real one. The figure is surprisingly faithful to the real thing and espite being hollow, it is quite heavy and almost feels like a solid figure.

The other model is much smaller and it represents an European tree frog, a Bullyland figure. Just behind the house I lived during my childhood, htere was a collony of these noisy frogs.  Those were not easy to catch but I'll always remember them as they were my childhood friends.

Here you can see how differently sized those are. If they were real ones, the American bullfrog would certainly try to swallow the little frog but they're not easy to catch. Laughing

Joliezac

Country/State : New Jersey, USA

PostSubject: Re: Super package from Susanne!!! 5th part, a vacuum cleaner and a childhood friend.   Super package from Susanne!!! 5th part, a vacuum cleaner and a childhood friend. - Page 2 EmptySun May 29, 2022 11:24 pm

I love the frogs!! I don't have the bullyland one but it looks to be such a charming model! I always loved catching frogs as a kid (and still do). In fact just today after coming home there was a Cope's gray tree frog on my window!

Great additions again, must be so exciting to open them all Very Happy

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
https://joliezacc9d79.myportfolio.com/
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Super package from Susanne!!! 5th part, a vacuum cleaner and a childhood friend.   Super package from Susanne!!! 5th part, a vacuum cleaner and a childhood friend. - Page 2 EmptyMon May 30, 2022 2:14 am

Wonderful frogs cheers

I love frogs also, but bullfrogs are a bit scary, I think tongue Laughing

Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Super package from Susanne!!! 5th part, a vacuum cleaner and a childhood friend.   Super package from Susanne!!! 5th part, a vacuum cleaner and a childhood friend. - Page 2 EmptyMon May 30, 2022 7:19 am

thebritfarmer wrote:
The horses are superb. I had to google them and they seem reasonably priced! I wish they came in a smaller scale though.

Yes, their price is similar to Schleich or Papo. 1:18 scale is perfect for traditional collectors of major brands but defintely too big for collectors of 1:32 scale. If you want, I can take a comparison with a Britains horse.You always have the Breyer Stablemates, they're 1:32 scale and in terms of design they're the closest to these Wia models.

Joliezac wrote:
I love the frogs!! I don't have the bullyland one but it looks to be such a charming model! I always loved catching frogs as a kid (and still do). In fact just today after coming home there was a Cope's gray tree frog on my window!

Great additions again, must be so exciting to open them all Very Happy

Really nice! Different species but the same experiences. I think you'll enjoy the Bully model, it is the common tree frog for Europeans even if the species is now divided in several ones but they all look alike.Those I used to catch are probably Iberian tree frogs.

SUSANNE wrote:
Wonderful frogs cheers

I love frogs also, but bullfrogs are a bit scary, I think tongue Laughing

Laughing You''re right, when we see them looking at something, we already know something terrible will happen. affraid However, I think American bullfrogs have a more friendly look than the grumpy African bullfrog and they surely do not look as evil as pac-man frogs.

George

Country/State : England

PostSubject: Re: Super package from Susanne!!! 5th part, a vacuum cleaner and a childhood friend.   Super package from Susanne!!! 5th part, a vacuum cleaner and a childhood friend. - Page 2 EmptyMon May 30, 2022 11:09 am

Ooh, the 'vacuum cleaner' in the thread title had me worried for a moment there, as collectors of small things we all must worry a little that something knocked unknowingly onto the floor in a dark corner might end up being hoovered up into oblivion! Laughing

I think the bullfrog is gorgeous, the textured paintwork really brings the plastic to life. And you already know how much I like the WIA horses, I'm glad you've added to your little equine herd with such beautiful new examples. We went the opposite way round for breed allocations, I had my grey as the PRE and my perlino as the Lusitano Laughing

Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Super package from Susanne!!! 5th part, a vacuum cleaner and a childhood friend.   Super package from Susanne!!! 5th part, a vacuum cleaner and a childhood friend. - Page 2 EmptyMon May 30, 2022 12:59 pm

These two frogs are gorgeous! I never would have realized how nicely done that American bull frog is without your presentation, it is just one of those that would have gone right over my head. The European tree frog is too cute, what a charismatic little guy! And even better since he will give you good nostalgic memories to keep.

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
costicuba

costicuba

Country/State : Bulgaria

PostSubject: Re: Super package from Susanne!!! 5th part, a vacuum cleaner and a childhood friend.   Super package from Susanne!!! 5th part, a vacuum cleaner and a childhood friend. - Page 2 EmptyMon May 30, 2022 11:22 pm

Yes, the package from Susanne is really super, with all these so great models !
Ahh, our wonderful friend Susanne ... what can I say... I can just give her a big , warm hugs ! cheers
I love the PNSO Miragaia. It is the dino just for you Roger :) On my topic, I said, that one day you have to have it and... the day came cheers
Actually , I believe that your first PNSO model, wasn`t the fennec, but one two horned creature Very Happy
And then, the Konobelodon  ! This is another amazing model from Eofauna . I love it !
This brand gives us so much joy , with these perfect models, maybe not so often like PNSO, but like that, the joy is even bigger :)
And these 3 fenomenal WIA horses, they are so beautiful ! I still don`t have the two Andalusians, but every time when I see them on photos , my heart jumps faster.
I like also the frogs, especially the Safari one is very nice. And I know that they brings a good memories of your childhood sunny
I am very happy , that now you can enjoy these wonderful models my friend cheers

Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Super package from Susanne!!! 5th part, a vacuum cleaner and a childhood friend.   Super package from Susanne!!! 5th part, a vacuum cleaner and a childhood friend. - Page 2 EmptyTue May 31, 2022 11:55 am

George wrote:
Ooh, the 'vacuum cleaner' in the thread title had me worried for a moment there, as collectors of small things we all must worry a little that something knocked unknowingly onto the floor in a dark corner might end up being hoovered up into oblivion! Laughing

I think the bullfrog is gorgeous, the textured paintwork really brings the plastic to life. And you already know how much I like the WIA horses, I'm glad you've added to your little equine herd with such beautiful new examples. We went the opposite way round for breed allocations, I had my grey as the PRE and my perlino as the Lusitano Laughing

American bullfrogs are more efficient than our traditional vacuum cleaners. I think if you give a realistic pvc animal to it, he will understand it is not food, though, I am not 100% sure.
About the horses, there is a grey Lusitano horse 1km away from me that I can visit whenever I want and a friend of mine owned for a long time another grey Lusitano, it was  a mare anyway. So, the criteria is just finding an easy way to remember. Wink

Saarlooswolfhound wrote:
These two frogs are gorgeous! I never would have realized how nicely done that American bull frog is without your presentation, it is just one of those that would have gone right over my head. The European tree frog is too cute, what a charismatic little guy! And even better since he will give you good nostalgic memories to keep.

I am so glad my presentation was useful. Very Happy

costicuba wrote:
Yes, the package from Susanne is really super, with all these so great models !
Ahh, our wonderful friend Susanne ... what can I say... I can just give her a big , warm hugs ! cheers
I love the PNSO Miragaia. It is the dino just for you Roger :) On my topic, I said, that one day you have to have it and... the day came cheers
Actually , I believe that your first PNSO model, wasn`t the fennec, but one two horned creature Very Happy
And then, the Konobelodon  ! This is another amazing model from Eofauna . I love it !
This brand gives us so much joy , with these perfect models, maybe not so often like PNSO, but like that, the joy is even bigger :)
And these 3 fenomenal WIA horses, they are so beautiful ! I still don`t have the two Andalusians, but every time when I see them on photos , my heart jumps faster.
I like also the frogs, especially the Safari one is very nice. And I know that they brings a good memories of your childhood sunny
I am very happy , that now you can enjoy these wonderful models my friend cheers

Thanks Kosta, I do really remember you telling about the Miragaia and you were right, your energy is very positive and it works.Very Happy
It is weird also that I can remember playing with these tree frogs 40 years ago and I forgot my first PNSO is a fantastic rhino you gave me. pale It is a figure that I love so much.
I really hope you'll get these WIA Andalusians, those are perfectly sculpted and the pose is quite unusual which is something you enjoy too.

Here is my special PNSO white rhinoceros.

Jill

PostSubject: Re: Super package from Susanne!!! 5th part, a vacuum cleaner and a childhood friend.   Super package from Susanne!!! 5th part, a vacuum cleaner and a childhood friend. - Page 2 EmptyTue May 31, 2022 7:48 pm

This really is an incredible package! Must have been such fun to receive and open, quite a holiday! Congratulations on adding so many beautiful figures to your home. I'm glad you got that bullfrog after all, he looks even better than I thought he would. His small friend is very cute, and definitely snack-sized in the real world. Laughing
Back to top Go down
thebritfarmer

thebritfarmer

Country/State : Ontario, Canada

PostSubject: Re: Super package from Susanne!!! 5th part, a vacuum cleaner and a childhood friend.   Super package from Susanne!!! 5th part, a vacuum cleaner and a childhood friend. - Page 2 EmptyTue May 31, 2022 9:16 pm

That Rhino is superb!
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Super package from Susanne!!! 5th part, a vacuum cleaner and a childhood friend.   Super package from Susanne!!! 5th part, a vacuum cleaner and a childhood friend. - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 01, 2022 5:26 pm

Thanks to you both! [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], I know you love snack sized figures. Laughing Actually it is slightly larger than your traditional frogs.

bmathison1972 wrote:
I have the macaw (well, everything in this page so far). The macaw really isn't that big. It appears bigger than it is because its wings and tail are flared out and it's on a base, but the body size is comparable to macaws by Papo and Mojo (maybe Safari too)

I was curious enough to compare and this picture confirms it. The Bullyland model is not as big as it looks and the proportions are much more realistic than what we see in many other macaw figures. Here with the Safari Hyacinth macaw, a very large species too.

PostSubject: Re: Super package from Susanne!!! 5th part, a vacuum cleaner and a childhood friend.   Super package from Susanne!!! 5th part, a vacuum cleaner and a childhood friend. - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Super package from Susanne!!! 5th part, a vacuum cleaner and a childhood friend.
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2