Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Uncatalogued EPOCH Capsule Series "Penguins & Aquarium"

Go down 
+2
landrover
howaboutthiqusername
6 posters
AuthorMessage
howaboutthiqusername

howaboutthiqusername

Country/State : Europe

Uncatalogued EPOCH Capsule Series "Penguins & Aquarium" Empty
PostSubject: Uncatalogued EPOCH Capsule Series "Penguins & Aquarium"   Uncatalogued EPOCH Capsule Series "Penguins & Aquarium" EmptyThu Jul 21, 2022 2:32 am

Hello all,
Scouring Ebay a few months ago I stumbled across a Gentoo Penguin figure that was not catalogued or referenced anywhere on TAI. I decided to dig a little bit deeper into it and found that it is part of a Capsule Series "Penguin & Aquarium" that is also, as far as I could tell, not referenced anywhere on TAI.
I bought the figure and decided to share it with you (I apologize for the terrible, blury, last minute, Iphone photos).

What attracted me to this figure is its unique swimming pose, different from all other Gentoo Penguins figures.
It does come on a removable, translucent base, on which a very discrete "EPOCH" marking is carved.

Uncatalogued EPOCH Capsule Series "Penguins & Aquarium" Img_2710

It is the smallest in size of all my Gentoo Penguins. Here it is compared to the Kaiyodo Penguin Lunch 2 and the Safari Penguin Toob. (It is MUCH smaller than the Collecta, Mojo and Colorata Gentoo Penguins. I do have the picture of all the penguins on my display if anyone needs that photo for size comparison.)

Uncatalogued EPOCH Capsule Series "Penguins & Aquarium" Img_2711

Lastly, I found online the image with all the figures belonging to that series and wanted to share it with all of you. Out of these the Gentoo Penguin is the only one that really appealed to me, but I'm sure Ebay will have some of these figures for anyone who is interested.

Uncatalogued EPOCH Capsule Series "Penguins & Aquarium" Animal11

If these figures are referenced somewhere under different names on in another topic I missed, I apologize.

landrover

Country/State : colombia

PostSubject: Re: Uncatalogued EPOCH Capsule Series "Penguins & Aquarium"   Uncatalogued EPOCH Capsule Series "Penguins & Aquarium" EmptyThu Jul 21, 2022 4:11 am

Very interesting topic cheers cheers

Bonnie

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Uncatalogued EPOCH Capsule Series "Penguins & Aquarium"   Uncatalogued EPOCH Capsule Series "Penguins & Aquarium" EmptyThu Jul 21, 2022 10:57 am

Excellent research! cheers There's always more to discover out there and these topics are brilliant for someone else who may have been in the same position, and want to know more! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Uncatalogued EPOCH Capsule Series "Penguins & Aquarium"   Uncatalogued EPOCH Capsule Series "Penguins & Aquarium" EmptyThu Jul 21, 2022 5:36 pm

I really like Epoch. But the series are not easy to find

STS members can merge Very Happy

sunny Andreas sunny
Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

Country/State : Salt Lake City, UT

PostSubject: Re: Uncatalogued EPOCH Capsule Series "Penguins & Aquarium"   Uncatalogued EPOCH Capsule Series "Penguins & Aquarium" EmptyThu Jul 21, 2022 7:33 pm

widukind wrote:
I really like Epoch. But the series are not easy to find

I agree with both comments! Epoch figures are not always the most detailed, but they have interesting species in intersting poses/on bases. They are quite charming!

Most of these Epoch marine sets are in their large 'Earth Life Journey' line.
Back to top Go down
rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

PostSubject: Re: Uncatalogued EPOCH Capsule Series "Penguins & Aquarium"   Uncatalogued EPOCH Capsule Series "Penguins & Aquarium" EmptyThu Jul 21, 2022 10:21 pm

bmathison1972 wrote:
Most of these Epoch marine sets are in their large 'Earth Life Journey' line.

Yes, Epoch has brought out similar figures a few times. I have the gentoo penguin painted as a king penguin. Very recently, the set below was released. It looks like the brand name is "Tarlin", but it seems like they are re-released Epoch figures. Does anyone know more?
Uncatalogued EPOCH Capsule Series "Penguins & Aquarium" Tarlin10
Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

Country/State : Salt Lake City, UT

PostSubject: Re: Uncatalogued EPOCH Capsule Series "Penguins & Aquarium"   Uncatalogued EPOCH Capsule Series "Penguins & Aquarium" EmptyThu Jul 21, 2022 10:32 pm

@rogerpgvg (and others) - Tarlin is a subsidiary of Epoch and reuses sculpts :)
Back to top Go down
rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

PostSubject: Re: Uncatalogued EPOCH Capsule Series "Penguins & Aquarium"   Uncatalogued EPOCH Capsule Series "Penguins & Aquarium" EmptyThu Jul 21, 2022 10:45 pm

Thanks, useful to know.

PostSubject: Re: Uncatalogued EPOCH Capsule Series "Penguins & Aquarium"   Uncatalogued EPOCH Capsule Series "Penguins & Aquarium" Empty

Back to top Go down

Uncatalogued EPOCH Capsule Series "Penguins & Aquarium"
Page 1 of 1