Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Indian or Javan rhinoceros?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Leoo Past

Leoo Past

Country/State : México

Indian or Javan rhinoceros? Empty
PostSubject: Indian or Javan rhinoceros?   Indian or Javan rhinoceros? EmptyMon Sep 12, 2022 10:03 am

hello everyone I would like to clarify a doubt when I saw this publication I said if it was true or not and I keep asking if this ricnoerotne is from Java or Indian does anyone know something? just to clarify my doubt [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Indian or Javan rhinoceros?   Indian or Javan rhinoceros? EmptyMon Sep 12, 2022 2:25 pm

I don't think the brand identified it to the species level and it is just an Asian rhinoceros. Though, the shield shape looks more like a Javan rhino's. I don't think the brand wanted to do a Javan rhino but i think it is the best identification for this figure.

Leoo Past

PostSubject: Re: Indian or Javan rhinoceros?   Indian or Javan rhinoceros? EmptyMon Sep 12, 2022 6:05 pm

if I ask why I also have the figure but on the wiki it is in a Java and that makes me think that it is but because of its brand too
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Indian or Javan rhinoceros?   Indian or Javan rhinoceros? EmptyMon Sep 12, 2022 7:18 pm

Leoo Past wrote:
if I ask why I also have the figure but on the wiki it is in a Java and that makes me think that it is but because of its brand too

The brand might be not important to determine the species because those are bucket figures and they're sold under many different brand names. It is certainly from a Chinese manufacturer. This identification is mine and I explain it on the specific figure page. The antelope and deer from the same bucket are not identified to the species level. These figures are not accurate enough. As I told you, the only thing we are sure is that it is an Asian rhino species and as it looks more like the Javan, we list it as a Javan. The topic about the bucket is [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] study

endogenylove

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: Indian or Javan rhinoceros?   Indian or Javan rhinoceros? EmptyTue Sep 13, 2022 12:38 am

I am the one who posted the original image, none of the species are identified in the buckets by name at all, let alone to exact species level.

Leoo Past

PostSubject: Re: Indian or Javan rhinoceros?   Indian or Javan rhinoceros? EmptyTue Sep 13, 2022 2:04 am

ok Ok thanks but if I had to get this doubt out if it was Indian or Java but thanks more or less they clarified my doubts
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Indian or Javan rhinoceros?   Indian or Javan rhinoceros? Empty

Back to top Go down

Indian or Javan rhinoceros?
Page 1 of 1