Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Curious Compendium: A New Adventure! *The chelonian page is now live!*

Go down 
+8
Bonnie
Taos
George
pipsxlch
Jill
Roger
rogerpgvg
Saarlooswolfhound
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

The Curious Compendium: A New Adventure! *The chelonian page is now live!*  Empty
PostSubject: The Curious Compendium: A New Adventure! *The chelonian page is now live!*    The Curious Compendium: A New Adventure! *The chelonian page is now live!*  EmptyMon Sep 26, 2022 3:36 am

Hello my friends! I have an exciting announcement that I hope will excite you as it has frustrated me these last few weeks. ;)I have had a distraction while dealing with some things in my personal life and after about 14 weeks of work I think it is ready for presentation...

The Curious Compendium is now its own website! My 5,000 piece collectiom nas been curated online (link below) for constant and current viewing. I am NOT very tech savvy and it was a steep learning curve, even after all this time I am sure that there are mistakes or things that need adjusted. Through the life of this website, it will change and morph as I learn and add to my collection, and thus I ask for patience. Photos are fairly out of date (last big photoshoot was last Autumn) and my collection is currently in storage but I am planning on bringing it home around the end of October. I can't display it, but around then I will begin updating photos again for the usual Autumn curation. 

Any constructive help is appreciated! I am a novice in this and still deciding what look I like and how to navigate building the site.

Photos are outdated, so when I begin retaking them I will have to renovate the pages! I will announce the construction, but try to be patient while I work.

While creating the pages and entries, I realized that some of the Wiki IDs have been adjusted since I last read some entries there (i.e. a lot of the frogs). Some on the website will need to be adjusted also when I get to it, so just keep in mind... some of those entries are flexible or will be changed later on.

Please let me know if there are any mistakes or issues with the site. It is hosted on Wix, so sometimes their servers will go down, but for the most part I am responsible for the website and any issues therein. 

I have a page under construction for website links for viewers! If you have a website you would like to have posted there, let me know! My intent was to present  resrouces for other collectors (other collector websites, shopping opportunities, forums, the Wiki, etc.).

But most of all, just enjoy it! Its been a TON of hard work. 

https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium

Last edited by Saarlooswolfhound on Sat Feb 24, 2024 7:46 pm; edited 13 times in total
Back to top Go down
rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

Country/State : UK

The Curious Compendium: A New Adventure! *The chelonian page is now live!*  Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium: A New Adventure! *The chelonian page is now live!*    The Curious Compendium: A New Adventure! *The chelonian page is now live!*  EmptyMon Sep 26, 2022 10:18 am

What a fantastic website! It looks beautiful and very professionally made. I especially enjoy the outdoor photos; the lighting is very good.

Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium: A New Adventure! *The chelonian page is now live!*    The Curious Compendium: A New Adventure! *The chelonian page is now live!*  EmptyMon Sep 26, 2022 4:16 pm

You wanted to do it so much and if there is a collection which deserves a website, it is yours for sure.
The website is really beautiful and the few pages I visited are all working perfectly.
I added a link to yourr beautiful website at the Collector's page of Toy Animal Wiki.
I also added George's blog since he is contributing actively with pictures too.
Unfortunately some links were removed like the old Laughing Giraffe, Deseo's dogs fabulous website and a few more not working anymore. Sad
I hope your collector's site has a long life.

Jill

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium: A New Adventure! *The chelonian page is now live!*    The Curious Compendium: A New Adventure! *The chelonian page is now live!*  EmptyMon Sep 26, 2022 4:29 pm

Wow, wonderful! It looks really good, easy to navigate, and great photos! I can't wait to peruse your incredible collection. :)

Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium: A New Adventure! *The chelonian page is now live!*    The Curious Compendium: A New Adventure! *The chelonian page is now live!*  EmptyMon Sep 26, 2022 6:13 pm

Thank you everyone! It was definitely an enormous endeavor, and it continues to be a headache as I learn how to deal with the intricacies of website building. I woke up this morning and some of the spacing stuff on the homepage was a bit messed up, and as things go, once I fixed that it caused some spacing issues on the mobile version I spent over an hour trying to fix... geek So if you ever log on and things are all whacked out... I am likely actively trying to fix stuff so give me some time to adjust things. Palmface Laughing

Thank you all for your feedback so far! I appreciate any postive or negative comments you may have as it will help me moving forward. Thank you all for taking a look and I hope it is a resource for other collectors here!

@Roger, I know! I investigated some of the longtime members here to find their websites to add and found that they were inactive or taken down completely... very sad as those were excellent resources to look to. But again, if anyone has a website or online store they like that should be presented there, message me here or through my website so I can add it! I am not members of DTF or ATF but added those forums also... if anyone knows of any other such sites I would love to add their links. Again, I am trying to present a page of resources for collectors for any conceivable need or curiosity.

pipsxlch

pipsxlch

Country/State : US/Florida

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium: A New Adventure! *The chelonian page is now live!*    The Curious Compendium: A New Adventure! *The chelonian page is now live!*  EmptyTue Sep 27, 2022 4:48 am

My elderly tablet won't let me view it... Palmface
If I can before I lose power and internet, I will look at it on a computer, I really would like to see it!
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium: A New Adventure! *The chelonian page is now live!*    The Curious Compendium: A New Adventure! *The chelonian page is now live!*  EmptyTue Sep 27, 2022 5:20 pm

There are a lot of photos, I imagine they slow down uploading speeds... but hopefully you can see it soon and tell me what you think!

George

George

Country/State : England

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium: A New Adventure! *The chelonian page is now live!*    The Curious Compendium: A New Adventure! *The chelonian page is now live!*  EmptyTue Sep 27, 2022 6:25 pm

I had half a look around this morning before work, and now I've come back for the rest of it - you've got so much to see! I like the layout, and the way the various sections fade in with a photo as you scroll down which makes it more interesting than just a text list. I also liked the fact you've got 'before' photos on the custom page, not many people do that and it made me spend a lot more time reading cos I kept moving back and forth to compare them.

One thing which might be a mistake but could just be the way the pages were made and you don't mind it, but the Breyer page is named copy-of-amphibian-collection-1 in the URL. It works just fine, clicking Breyer shows me Breyers not amphibians, but just in case that's the kind of thing which would bug you if you didn't realise and nobody told you, I thought I'd point it out Laughing

Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium: A New Adventure! *The chelonian page is now live!*    The Curious Compendium: A New Adventure! *The chelonian page is now live!*  EmptyTue Sep 27, 2022 7:34 pm

Thank you George! 

I had no idea how to fix that, got in touch with their support team and its very easy and simple! Thank you for pointing it out, and it is now adjusted in the urls for each page. :) I can hide how lazy I was once again. Wink (lots of the pages started as copies of ones I already did and just swappes images and information for). Thanks for the heads up and teaching moment!

Taos

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium: A New Adventure! *The chelonian page is now live!*    The Curious Compendium: A New Adventure! *The chelonian page is now live!*  EmptyTue Sep 27, 2022 8:41 pm

Wonderful website!!!! Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause

Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium: A New Adventure! *The chelonian page is now live!*    The Curious Compendium: A New Adventure! *The chelonian page is now live!*  EmptyWed Sep 28, 2022 6:43 am

Thank you very much Taos.  cheers

Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium: A New Adventure! *The chelonian page is now live!*    The Curious Compendium: A New Adventure! *The chelonian page is now live!*  EmptySun Oct 02, 2022 8:13 am

A handful of new photos have been uploaded to the Outdoor Photography page as well as a new blog post, if anyone is interested. Wink

Bonnie

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium: A New Adventure! *The chelonian page is now live!*    The Curious Compendium: A New Adventure! *The chelonian page is now live!*  EmptySun Oct 02, 2022 11:31 am

This website is absolutely amazing and I can only imagine the hours of hard work that went into it! cheers I'm sure this will become an invaluable resource for all collectors, 5000+ models is incredible and you really do cover such a wonderful variety of species and brands! I loved scrolling through your page of dogs especially! sunny cheers Applause
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
landrover

landrover

Country/State : colombia

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium: A New Adventure! *The chelonian page is now live!*    The Curious Compendium: A New Adventure! *The chelonian page is now live!*  EmptySun Oct 02, 2022 5:22 pm

Ton of photos, many time spended in this wonderful job.

cheers cheers cheers

Joliezac

Joliezac

Country/State : New Jersey, USA

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium: A New Adventure! *The chelonian page is now live!*    The Curious Compendium: A New Adventure! *The chelonian page is now live!*  EmptySun Oct 02, 2022 10:33 pm

I love love love seeing websites by forum members! I can't wait to look through all of yours. I have an old website for myself that is outdated. I've been working on a new one for months but its a lot of work. Your collection is much larger than mine so I can only imagine how much hard work and effort went into it.

Skimming through it looks great so far!!

I love you Applause

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
https://joliezacc9d79.myportfolio.com/
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium: A New Adventure! *The chelonian page is now live!*    The Curious Compendium: A New Adventure! *The chelonian page is now live!*  EmptySun Oct 02, 2022 11:32 pm

I enjoy also seeing STS being the first of the list of links. Laughing
It is your forum too so it makes sense.
It is also very openminded and generous from you to include links for online shops. Many people only do it when credited. Very Happy

Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium: A New Adventure! *The chelonian page is now live!*    The Curious Compendium: A New Adventure! *The chelonian page is now live!*  EmptyMon Oct 03, 2022 6:12 am

Thank you Bonnie, Fernando, Jolie, and Roger! Many hours went into creating the site, but once I have learned how to do some things its pretty fun (when the creator website is compliant with me...). As I mentioned above lots of things are out of date since the photos were taken a year ago, but I plan on updating soon!

And thank you especially to Roger, STS is my home away from home in a lot of ways. Very Happy And I want to collect any sort of animal figure collecting, presentation, or shoppable sites on there! So if anyone can think of anymore, feel free to suggest here!

widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium: A New Adventure! *The chelonian page is now live!*    The Curious Compendium: A New Adventure! *The chelonian page is now live!*  EmptyThu Oct 06, 2022 6:46 pm

Very very interesting :)

Greta work

STS members can merge Very Happy

sunny Andreas sunny
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium: A New Adventure! *The chelonian page is now live!*    The Curious Compendium: A New Adventure! *The chelonian page is now live!*  EmptySun Oct 09, 2022 11:53 pm

Thank you Andreas! 

Some more new photos are up! The dinos did not interact in real life but my collection isn't with me yet and I needed to work with my proper camera rather than my more convenient phone. Wink

Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium: A New Adventure! *The chelonian page is now live!*    The Curious Compendium: A New Adventure! *The chelonian page is now live!*  EmptyThu Oct 13, 2022 11:47 pm

I didn't have time last weekend to do a blog post, and I won't be able to for at least 2 more weeks. This weekend I will be enjoying a mini vacation to the Oregon coast, and I am hoping for some new photo material to be uploaded early next week.This following weekend I will be moving the remainder of my things from Idaho to my new place in Oregon, including my main collection! Once I get things settled (again) then I will begin to slowly update the website with updated group photos in each section. :) It will take some time as it is a big undertaking, but I am excited to see my models again after some 3 months!

Joliezac

Joliezac

Country/State : New Jersey, USA

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium: A New Adventure! *The chelonian page is now live!*    The Curious Compendium: A New Adventure! *The chelonian page is now live!*  EmptyThu Oct 13, 2022 11:52 pm

Congrats again on moving! I've never been to Oregon, but it looks so beautiful out there. Enjoy your mini vacation! Can't wait to see you set up all your figures again in the new place Very Happy

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
https://joliezacc9d79.myportfolio.com/
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium: A New Adventure! *The chelonian page is now live!*    The Curious Compendium: A New Adventure! *The chelonian page is now live!*  EmptyFri Oct 14, 2022 1:14 am

My new place sadly is very small, so I don't think I will be able to display them all. But maybe a bookcase with frequent swap outs will be doable. :) The most exciting thing is better access to lush forests and the ocean for photoshoots!

landrover

landrover

Country/State : colombia

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium: A New Adventure! *The chelonian page is now live!*    The Curious Compendium: A New Adventure! *The chelonian page is now live!*  EmptyFri Oct 14, 2022 3:31 am

Good luck with your move cheers

pipsxlch

pipsxlch

Country/State : US/Florida

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium: A New Adventure! *The chelonian page is now live!*    The Curious Compendium: A New Adventure! *The chelonian page is now live!*  EmptyFri Oct 14, 2022 4:53 am

Safe travels, and enjoy your weekend on the coast with the sun in the right place!
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium: A New Adventure! *The chelonian page is now live!*    The Curious Compendium: A New Adventure! *The chelonian page is now live!*  EmptyThu Oct 20, 2022 8:18 pm

Great job Paige cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium: A New Adventure! *The chelonian page is now live!*    The Curious Compendium: A New Adventure! *The chelonian page is now live!*  Empty

Back to top Go down

The Curious Compendium: A New Adventure! *The chelonian page is now live!*
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next