Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :(

Go down 
+22
Loon
Pardofelis
Ana
jarda
Duck-Anch-Amun
bmathison1972
costicuba
endogenylove
rogerpgvg
lucky luke
sunny
Jill
Burgerenby
Taos
SUSANNE
Caracal
spacelab
Roger
George
widukind
Joliezac
landrover
26 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 13 ... 25  Next
AuthorMessage
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :( Empty
PostSubject: The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :(   The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :( EmptySun Oct 03, 2021 11:51 pm

Hello my friends!
It is the time if year when I endeavor to deep clean and reorganize my collection. This year, I will be cleaning one bookcase display each week and photographing my models in groups. Then each day I will present some photos in that "theme" of the bookcase. Please feel free to ask questions as I won't be posting model info this time. Here we go to start and I hope you enjoy!

Prehistorics! To start off, the water loving variety!
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

See you all tomorrow with more!

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous

Last edited by Saarlooswolfhound on Fri Apr 28, 2023 8:40 pm; edited 27 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
landrover

landrover

Country/State : colombia

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :(   The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :( EmptyMon Oct 04, 2021 3:12 am

It sound good, I want to see photos of this organization.

cheers cheers

Joliezac

Joliezac

Country/State : New Jersey, USA

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :(   The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :( EmptyMon Oct 04, 2021 4:18 am

Really nice so far! I need to finally get the Papo kaprosuchus

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
https://joliezacc9d79.myportfolio.com/
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :(   The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :( EmptyMon Oct 04, 2021 10:07 am

Nice

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :(   The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :( EmptyMon Oct 04, 2021 2:27 pm

A wonderful idea to clean and reorganise your collection once a year, I always find that doing this helps me to appreciate each model all over again! Very Happy Wonderful group to start with, I can't wait to see the dogs! Very Happy bounce I remember seeing your amazing bookshelf before but this time it will be interesting to see them close-up in groups! bounce
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
George

George

Country/State : England

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :(   The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :( EmptyMon Oct 04, 2021 2:53 pm

I can tell I'm going to enjoy this thread, a wonderful selection so far - and it's testing my knowledge to try to recognise/remember all these creatures!

Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :(   The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :( EmptyMon Oct 04, 2021 2:54 pm

I love old photos about my family. I believe that Kaprosuchus is quite exciting in real! If I had found it locally, I'd probably had gotten it without any hesitation.
Another daily topic, I love it, STS my free newspaper. Laughing

spacelab

Country/State : Greece

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :(   The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :( EmptyMon Oct 04, 2021 4:56 pm

Great! Our daily photos in blue! Wink
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :(   The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :( EmptyMon Oct 04, 2021 5:11 pm

Thank you everybody! I considered not presenting these again (because its a lot of work) but I have been asked a handful of times when my next "museum tour" would be and I got to thinking that we have lots of nee members here who missed the last one and my collection has changed a lot in a year... so here we are! 

Joliezac, the kaprosuchus is a great model! Large but dynamic and just pretty to look at.

Bonnie! I hope to get to dogs quickly for you. Wink

George, I am glad you are liking it so far. :)

Roger, I adore your ancestral family on my shelves! 

And I am glad everyone will be enjoying (my attempt) at daily updates! Here is thr next one.

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous

Last edited by Saarlooswolfhound on Thu Oct 07, 2021 5:30 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Joliezac

Joliezac

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :(   The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :( EmptyMon Oct 04, 2021 6:23 pm

I only have a handful of Safari's dinosaurs because I'm not too much of a fan of bright colors, but the tapejara is one of my favorites! The dimetrodon looks really nice also, I still need Papo's. I'm not sure what that four-legged tan one is in the first picture but it looks like a Safari model and is very nice! Can't wait to see all your other figures, especially the wildlife Laughing Laughing

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :(   The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :( EmptyMon Oct 04, 2021 6:27 pm

Safari Inostravencia is the tan guy in the first shot. :) thanks! Wildlife will come, I have plenty to share.

Back to top Go down
Joliezac

Joliezac

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :(   The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :( EmptyMon Oct 04, 2021 6:35 pm

Saarlooswolfhound wrote:
Safari Inostravencia is the tan guy in the first shot. :) thanks! Wildlife will come, I have plenty to share.

Ooh thanks! I've never heard of that before

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :(   The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :( EmptyMon Oct 04, 2021 7:55 pm

Many beauties here, from the weird and wonderful world of dinosaurs! cheers So much variety in these models, but they are all really well made! cheers
Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :(   The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :( EmptyMon Oct 04, 2021 8:40 pm

useful and wonderful pictures!.. which brand is the Carcharaidon from please?
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :(   The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :( EmptyMon Oct 04, 2021 9:19 pm

That is a knockoff of the original mould I recieved in an as a mistake from the seller. I can't remember the brands of either sorry!

Thank you Caracal and Bonnie.

Back to top Go down
pipsxlch

pipsxlch

Country/State : US/Florida

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :(   The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :( EmptyTue Oct 05, 2021 2:31 am

So many wonderful figures... drunken
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :(   The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :( EmptyTue Oct 05, 2021 5:27 am

Thank you so much Kelly. :)

I am uploading this small batch tonight as tomorrow is a busy day for me. Enjoy! Marine reptiles are one of my favorite groups of old species. My recent Geoworld arrivals have improved the short necked plesiosaur speciation a lot.

Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :(   The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :( EmptyTue Oct 05, 2021 8:17 am

WOW !!!!! cheers Applause

Bonnie

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :(   The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :( EmptyTue Oct 05, 2021 10:31 am

Really interesting marine reptiles, so many of them are stunningly lifelike! cheers
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :(   The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :( EmptyTue Oct 05, 2021 1:33 pm

Even if I avoid prehistoric figures, I have the inostrancevia in my collection. Some figures are hard to avoid. affraid Better not to watch your figures for such a long time or I can loose my weak strength. Laughing

Joliezac

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :(   The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :( EmptyTue Oct 05, 2021 3:13 pm

Really nice, I love the CollectA temnodontosaurus!

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :(   The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :( EmptyTue Oct 05, 2021 6:31 pm

Thank you friends!

Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :(   The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :( EmptyTue Oct 05, 2021 7:51 pm

cheers cheers cheers

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
pipsxlch

pipsxlch

Country/State : US/Florida

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :(   The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :( EmptyWed Oct 06, 2021 3:57 am

I need to get a bib to sop up all the drool.
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :(   The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :( EmptyWed Oct 06, 2021 5:41 am

Thank you Andreas and Kelly. Very Happy

And now, to dinosaurs proper! Half of my herbivores first.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :(   The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :( Empty

Back to top Go down

The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :(
Page 1 of 25Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 13 ... 25  Next