Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :(

Go down 
+22
Loon
Pardofelis
Ana
jarda
Duck-Anch-Amun
bmathison1972
costicuba
endogenylove
rogerpgvg
lucky luke
sunny
Jill
Burgerenby
Taos
SUSANNE
Caracal
spacelab
Roger
George
widukind
Joliezac
landrover
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 14 ... 25  Next
AuthorMessage
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :( - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :(   The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :( - Page 3 EmptySun 10 Oct 2021, 16:05

Thank you my friends!

Lastly, the actual display. :)
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Joliezac

Joliezac

Country/State : New Jersey, USA

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :(   The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :( - Page 3 EmptySun 10 Oct 2021, 16:10

Wow, I actually really love that black bookshelf you have for your dinosaurs. Is it made of wood? How tall is it? I don't have very good shelves for my figures and when I move something like this would be absolutely perfect.

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
https://joliezacc9d79.myportfolio.com/
Burgerenby

Burgerenby

Country/State : Deutschland

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :(   The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :( - Page 3 EmptySun 10 Oct 2021, 17:49

Your shelves are just so nice.
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :(   The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :( - Page 3 EmptySun 10 Oct 2021, 20:34

Thank you both! I appreciate your comments Joliezac and Burgerenby.

My bookcase is a "cheap" one from walmart, so it's just particle board covered in a laminate but as long as you aren't too rough with them I have had them last for 10+ years so far with no problems. I think they are around 71 inches tall, so nearly 6 feet tall. As you will see as this topic continues, I have a mixed group of shelves because beggars can't be choosers... but when I buy them new I have decided I like the darker colors for display.

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
Joliezac

Joliezac

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :(   The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :( - Page 3 EmptySun 10 Oct 2021, 20:40

Saarlooswolfhound wrote:
Thank you both! I appreciate your comments Joliezac and Burgerenby.

My bookcase is a "cheap" one from walmart, so it's just particle board covered in a laminate but as long as you aren't too rough with them I have had them last for 10+ years so far with no problems. I think they are around 71 inches tall, so nearly 6 feet tall. As you will see as this topic continues, I have a mixed group of shelves because beggars can't be choosers... but when I buy them new I have decided I like the darker colors for display.

Thank you! I found some very similar IKEA ones online that I really liked. I will definitely consider them for the future. I really like black when displaying figures because I think it makes the figures pop more. Also it can be very easy to tell when your figures need some dusting Rolling Eyes

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
Taos

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :(   The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :( - Page 3 EmptySun 10 Oct 2021, 21:42

Great set of displays!! Applause Applause Applause Applause

Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :(   The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :( - Page 3 EmptyMon 11 Oct 2021, 04:39

Thanks!

Next topic of display begins the wildlife! These are the reptiles and amphibians. First is crocodilians!

Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :(   The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :( - Page 3 EmptyMon 11 Oct 2021, 13:33

Sooo many crocodiles, wow! cheers The white one really stands out, and is a beautiful model! sunny
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
Jill

Jill

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :(   The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :( - Page 3 EmptyMon 11 Oct 2021, 15:58

Oops, late to a thread again, but glad I made it just in time for the crocodilians! I don't know my prehistorics well, but that is a very impressive display. Love how you hung the flying ones. And I love the modern crocs (prehistory still themselves of course)! I didn't realize there was much to speak of in the way of gavialidae models out there.
Back to top Go down
Taos

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :(   The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :( - Page 3 EmptyMon 11 Oct 2021, 16:48

Great collection!! Applause Applause Applause

George

Country/State : England

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :(   The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :( - Page 3 EmptyMon 11 Oct 2021, 17:20

What a fantastic selection! My favourites are (forgive me not knowing brands, I'm still new to non-equine figures! Laughing ) - the one with the three matching babies, the normal colour adult of the pair where you've got the white version as well, and the big gharial with a closed mouth.

sunny

sunny

Country/State : uk

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :(   The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :( - Page 3 EmptyMon 11 Oct 2021, 18:24

what a lovely family you have ! They all look great together.

I really like the baby ones by the trees, they are so cute. What make are they ?

Saarlooswolfhound wrote:

Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :(   The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :( - Page 3 EmptyMon 11 Oct 2021, 19:11

sunny wrote:
what a lovely family you have ! They all look great together.

I really like the baby ones by the trees, they are so cute.  What make are they ?

CollectA Wink Very Happy

Black shelves, blue pics, good time for collectors Very Happy

The more I look at the Papo alligator, the more I want one drunken

What are these ones?

Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :(   The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :( - Page 3 EmptyMon 11 Oct 2021, 19:12

Thanks everyone!

George, the models with babies alongside them are by Schleich (alligator and nile croc both, I bought 3 babies to go with each), and then you mentioned the Papo nile croc and Papo gharial. :)

Sunny, they are the CollectA hypsilophodon and koreaceratops groups here:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Kiki one is AAA (nearly same sculpt as the safari nearby) and the other treehousekids. :)

Thanks again everyone. Very Happy

Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :(   The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :( - Page 3 EmptyMon 11 Oct 2021, 19:15

cheers cheers cheers

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
George

George

Country/State : England

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :(   The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :( - Page 3 EmptyMon 11 Oct 2021, 19:16

Saarlooswolfhound wrote:
George, the models with babies alongside them are by Schleich (alligator and nile croc both, I bought 3 babies to go with each), and then you mentioned the Papo nile croc and Papo gharial. :)

Ahh, it was the Croc I was looking at there, I didn't notice there was an Alligator with three as well or I'd have made my description less ambiguous Laughing Thanks for the who's-who, I'll try very hard not to buy any Crocodiles but it's handy knowing which brand it is I'd go for if I give in Laughing

Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :(   The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :( - Page 3 EmptyTue 12 Oct 2021, 03:26

Thanks Andreas and George!

George... come to dark side... come to the dark side! We have gators and crocs! Wink But no shelf space.  Laughing

Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :(   The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :( - Page 3 EmptyTue 12 Oct 2021, 05:00

And now lizards

Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :(   The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :( - Page 3 EmptyWed 13 Oct 2021, 04:57

Snakes and turtles

Last edited by Saarlooswolfhound on Sat 16 Oct 2021, 07:58; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Joliezac

Joliezac

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :(   The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :( - Page 3 EmptyWed 13 Oct 2021, 05:38

Wow! How did I miss all these beautiful reptiles. Amazing crocodilians!

affraid Is that a Nile monitor in the first picture??

There are so many amazing chameleons, iguanas, and basilisks that I have never seen before, these are all so beautiful!

Great turtles as well, I love the little black hatchling at the bottom of the photo I love you

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :(   The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :( - Page 3 EmptyWed 13 Oct 2021, 06:15

Thank you! :) The Nile Monitor is PlayVisions, in fact several models there are and can be found on TAW. If you have any specific questions I am happy to assist you about those. Wink The sea turtle hatchling is a splendidly cute recent addition.

Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :(   The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :( - Page 3 EmptyWed 13 Oct 2021, 10:51

So many amazing reptiles! cheers I love how some of the snakes have a slight glossy look to them to capture those shiny scales! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
spacelab

spacelab

Country/State : Greece

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :(   The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :( - Page 3 EmptyWed 13 Oct 2021, 12:24

I'm low on serpents, so studying your selection. Great!!
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :(   The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :( - Page 3 EmptyWed 13 Oct 2021, 17:27

Wonderful figures my friend. A (few) questions:

What brand are the light green iguana in the middle, the basilisk on the right side and the lizard behind the gila monster? And the boa in the middle of the front?

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :(   The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :( - Page 3 EmptyWed 13 Oct 2021, 17:39

Great reptile nation here Very Happy

It is the first time I can watch the Safari Ltd Burmese python near the Bullyland ball python, now I need one more Safari ltd in my collection. Laughing

I stupidely missed the Papo Alligator snapping turtle, poor stupid macaque Mad geek
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :(   The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :( - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :(
Page 3 of 25Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 14 ... 25  Next