Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :(

Go down 
+22
Loon
Pardofelis
Ana
jarda
Duck-Anch-Amun
bmathison1972
costicuba
endogenylove
rogerpgvg
lucky luke
sunny
Jill
Burgerenby
Taos
SUSANNE
Caracal
spacelab
Roger
George
widukind
Joliezac
landrover
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 19 ... 25  Next
AuthorMessage
George

George

Country/State : England

The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :( - Page 14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :(   The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :( - Page 14 EmptyMon 22 Nov 2021 - 10:42

Lemurs! So many ringtails there, I love them in particular (happy memories of sharing food and sunshine with my best lemur friend at work), so that photo really made me smile.

Bonnie

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :(   The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :( - Page 14 EmptyMon 22 Nov 2021 - 14:06

Incredible primates collection, so many to look at! cheers I didn't know that there were so many models of each of these species! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
Caracal

Caracal

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :(   The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :( - Page 14 EmptyMon 22 Nov 2021 - 16:14

Very beautiful family pictures! cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :(   The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :( - Page 14 EmptyMon 22 Nov 2021 - 18:05

The cats and dogs are very impressive for just a niche collection. Amazing variety of breeds.

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :(   The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :( - Page 14 EmptyMon 22 Nov 2021 - 19:19

Nice primates too

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :(   The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :( - Page 14 EmptyMon 22 Nov 2021 - 20:29

Impressive kitties army and your African planet of the apes (and monkeys) is nice Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Joliezac

Joliezac

Country/State : New Jersey, USA

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :(   The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :( - Page 14 EmptyMon 22 Nov 2021 - 20:59

Impressive primates! I would love to see more than just ring-tailed lemurs in the toy market, there are so many other beautiful species.. I would love a good-looking fossa! The baboon troop is very cool, I just realized I don't have any Laughing

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
https://joliezacc9d79.myportfolio.com/
Taos

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :(   The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :( - Page 14 EmptyMon 22 Nov 2021 - 22:26

Great selection of primates Applause Applause .The large grey/green lemur in the last picture is that by Nayab/Wild Republic?

Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :(   The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :( - Page 14 EmptyMon 22 Nov 2021 - 23:28

Thanks everyone!

Taylor, that is the nayab model. The set I bought it in was labelled Mr.NiceToys or something similar.

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
sunny

sunny

Country/State : uk

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :(   The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :( - Page 14 EmptyTue 23 Nov 2021 - 2:04

the expression on each bloodhound is just superb! they really got the eyes right in all of them Wink

and I love all those lemur mums with their tiny babies by them. They are so cuuute Very Happy

what a phenomenal collection you have ! it is impressive AND huge
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :(   The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :( - Page 14 EmptyTue 23 Nov 2021 - 2:38

Thank you Sunny. :)

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
Joliezac

Joliezac

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :(   The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :( - Page 14 EmptyTue 23 Nov 2021 - 7:28

I love all the beautiful leopards!

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
spacelab

spacelab

Country/State : Greece

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :(   The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :( - Page 14 EmptyTue 23 Nov 2021 - 7:46

Since your collection is actually a great representative of modern animal replicas history, I think it's clear that one of the weakest point of this hobby is the leopards. Not many good models are produced, which is a shame for such a beautiful animal.
Zebras and Giraffes look amazing all together, especially that big one is wonderful (I guess it's Safari's vanishing wild?)
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :(   The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :( - Page 14 EmptyTue 23 Nov 2021 - 21:11

Thanks Jolie and Kostas! Jaguars are quite neglected too... two popular big cats deserve better attention. Although I would prefer releases of smaller cousins like fishing cats, sand cats, pallas cats etc. And yes, that is the VW male giraffe (just need to grab the female sometime).

Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :(   The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :( - Page 14 EmptyTue 23 Nov 2021 - 21:24

Lovely collection, lots of spots and stripes! Very Happy The zebras and giraffes are particularly striking! cheers
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :(   The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :( - Page 14 EmptyTue 23 Nov 2021 - 21:36

The zebras are mesmerizing to look at. What brand is the zebra in the top right?

Are the ELC adult elephants (in particular the one on the right with short tusks) the same size as the elephants of other major brands?

Joliezac

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :(   The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :( - Page 14 EmptyTue 23 Nov 2021 - 22:21

Saarlooswolfhound wrote:
Thanks Jolie and Kostas! Jaguars are quite neglected too... two popular big cats deserve better attention. Although I would prefer releases of smaller cousins like fishing cats, sand cats, pallas cats etc. And yes, that is the VW male giraffe (just need to grab the female sometime).

I completely agree. I really love wild felines and I have about 100 of them but only a handful of them really jump out as great for me. I think that Safari and Schleich do the best with felines.

I may just be biased towards Safari but I absolutely love their Jaguar, leopard cub & black leopard cub, lions, Canada lynx, bobcat, and their clouded leopard especially. I honestly think the clouded leopard and jaguar are the best major brand felines in my collection.

The Schleich 2008 white & Bengal tigers I think are the best tigers. I love the poses and sculpts of Papo's but their paint jobs just look unfinished and I haven't been that happy with the one I have. I also think Schleich did a good job with their lions from the 2006-2010 era. The Schleich leopards I also love and their 2010 cheetah is one of my favorites. Their 2007 jaguar is also really nice.

Papo has my favorite snow leopard and I think they did a good job on their two mountain lions and the leopards and black leopards. CollectA I have the least amount of figures from, but from what I have I really like their snow leopard cubs and that's about it.

I really pick and choose from each brand when it comes to felines just because I have too many lol, but I really think Safari has the best track record and would be great for some more unique/smaller species of felines.

I would LOVE to see more unique felines like you mentioned. I am really happy that I found out about Qingyu's BeautyofBeasts figures because her work is astounding and she has almost every species. Although expensive for me, I think they are definitely worth saving up for and I can't wait to do a walkaround of the figure I have coming in the mail from her Very Happy

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :(   The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :( - Page 14 EmptyWed 24 Nov 2021 - 3:30

Thanks Lilias, Roger, and Jolie!

The AAA/ELC elephants are pretty comparable to major brands (though I only really have Schleich and a few Safari...)

Next batch.

Back to top Go down
Joliezac

Joliezac

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :(   The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :( - Page 14 EmptyWed 24 Nov 2021 - 3:45

Lovely pride of lions and herd of buffalo! I only have a few hippos and rhinos so your photos are really great for comparisons! Definitely love the safari rhinos and the Papo hippos.

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
landrover

landrover

Country/State : colombia

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :(   The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :( - Page 14 EmptyWed 24 Nov 2021 - 4:09

Saarlooswolfhound wrote:
Thank you Sunny. :)

What brand is the large giraffe in this photo ? please

Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :(   The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :( - Page 14 EmptyWed 24 Nov 2021 - 4:45

Thats the Safari Vanishing Wild male giraffe.

Back to top Go down
Duck-Anch-Amun

Country/State : Luxembourg

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :(   The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :( - Page 14 EmptyWed 24 Nov 2021 - 9:20

What a collection :O
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :(   The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :( - Page 14 EmptyWed 24 Nov 2021 - 17:49

Applause Applause Applause Applause

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :(   The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :( - Page 14 EmptyWed 24 Nov 2021 - 19:01

It's agreat pleasure to look at your so huge herds and packs because of their special mass and pictural effect and because of their usefull help! cheers cheers drunken

Looking at your elephants herd, I think I still prefer the Schleich one (just before the last version model)
Back to top Go down
jarda

jarda

Country/State : Česká republika

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :(   The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :( - Page 14 EmptyWed 24 Nov 2021 - 19:35

Very pleasant and useful photos, great comparison topic for all species-oriented hunters, thank you!  elephant cat monkey
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :(   The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :( - Page 14 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :(
Page 14 of 25Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 19 ... 25  Next