Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :(

Go down 
+22
Loon
Pardofelis
Ana
jarda
Duck-Anch-Amun
bmathison1972
costicuba
endogenylove
rogerpgvg
lucky luke
sunny
Jill
Burgerenby
Taos
SUSANNE
Caracal
spacelab
Roger
George
widukind
Joliezac
landrover
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 19 ... 25  Next
AuthorMessage
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :( - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :(   The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :( - Page 13 EmptyThu Nov 18, 2021 3:46 am

Next update.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :(   The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :( - Page 13 EmptyThu Nov 18, 2021 4:48 am

And for Lilias, the beagle is indeed a custom, as are the red border collie, the bull terrier pup, and bulldog pup, white boxer, red husky, etc. 

I do not know the brand of the yellow collie pup, perhaps Kelly does? I don't think it has a stamp...

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
pipsxlch

pipsxlch

Country/State : US/Florida

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :(   The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :( - Page 13 EmptyThu Nov 18, 2021 6:16 am

(Loving all the dogs)
I got it at a flea market, sorry I have no idea the brand. I wondered if it was a fashion doll accessory.
Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :(   The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :( - Page 13 EmptyThu Nov 18, 2021 9:55 am

Thank you so much for the information! Very Happy Fashion doll accessory definitely sounds like a possibility, I'll keep a lookout for it! study
More dogs! cheers So many of those poodles ae real treasures, the two retired Papo are wonderful as are the two rare Schleich! sunny I also actually really like the new Scheich one too, I think the texture has been done so well, looks really white and fluffy! Great corgis and Bassets (With some nice customs mixed in too!) I love the trotting Safari model, unusual pose and very sweet! I love you The Schleich and Papo bassets especially are a lovely pair! Lovely cockers, the older Schleich has a very friendly look, always reminds me of a dog I feel I have known before but can't quite place when... I think it's the individuality this model has something in the face looks like a real dog! Very Happy Love the cavaliers too, and I was actually really happy with the CollectA when I got it as I didn't expect it to be so nice! Jack Russells! cheers The new Schleich looks really sweet in that photo, but the others are all lovely too. All those French bulldogs are marvellous, it seems that the brands make this breed really well, and the Peterkin model was a beautiful surprise! And I really like the newer Schleich, so delicately painted. Very Happy And I am so happy that Papo gave us a smooth fox, nice and unusual! cheers
Another wonderful update! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
Caracal

Caracal

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :(   The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :( - Page 13 EmptyThu Nov 18, 2021 9:23 pm

Many beautiful packs more! cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Taos

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :(   The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :( - Page 13 EmptyThu Nov 18, 2021 10:30 pm

Great selection again-love the little hood hounds and the older Schleich poodles!

Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :(   The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :( - Page 13 EmptyFri Nov 19, 2021 4:41 am

Thank you all again! Sadly, this is the last dog day...

Back to top Go down
Joliezac

Joliezac

Country/State : New Jersey, USA

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :(   The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :( - Page 13 EmptyFri Nov 19, 2021 5:40 am

Love the pugs!

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
https://joliezacc9d79.myportfolio.com/
spacelab

spacelab

Country/State : Greece

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :(   The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :( - Page 13 EmptyFri Nov 19, 2021 7:01 am

This must be the most complete dogs collection I have ever seen. I don't think I've seen Susanne's that has to be endless..
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :(   The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :( - Page 13 EmptyFri Nov 19, 2021 10:02 am

I am slowly floating on a dog sea, nothing to say, just looking at and floating Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :(   The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :( - Page 13 EmptyFri Nov 19, 2021 4:00 pm

I'm sad that it's the last day but what an incredible few days it has been, you have the most amazing collection! cheers cheers And it's so big too, wow! Shocked So many dogs, and even for each breed, you have lots of different models! Very Happy
I love the variety of all three Dachshund coat types, the Papo wire-haired is stunning and as I think I've said before so much like the last winner of Crufts- but it's also so nice to have the three varieties all made by Schleich, and I also love the pose of the Kaiyodo! Very Happy Very sweet yorkies, it's hard to pick a favourite but I actually really like the tiny Schleich one, it almost doesn't feel like their style but I think he has such a sweet face! I love you Perfect pugs, I really do think there is a wonderful selection out there! The Schleich family are beautiful, as are the very lovable Bullyland pair- and the Wing Mau surprised me a lot, it's really nice too! Very Happy Your little Chihuahua custom is so lovely too, I love your repainting style, I think I've said it before but the clean yet realistic look really appeals to me! Applause The Papo scotties are incredible, as is the CollectA Shih Tzu, and your beautiful Buck custom! cheers I think this one is my favourite of all that you've done! A great way to finish, with all the gorgeous mixed breed dog models, I love the white fluffy one who looks a bit like a maremma, the Schleich, Papo and golden pup with ball- too many dogs to love!sunny
Back to top Go down
George

George

Country/State : England

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :(   The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :( - Page 13 EmptyFri Nov 19, 2021 4:22 pm

It's been great seeing all these, I've enjoyed recognising the dog breeds and thinking of ones I've known personally or just met in passing. I think dog figures are something we can all relate to in some way - even people who don't collect mini dogs, or know any real ones, must be familiar with so many breeds, so it's easy to enjoy a collection like this!

I think Buck is my favourite out of all of them Very Happy

Caracal

Caracal

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :(   The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :( - Page 13 EmptyFri Nov 19, 2021 8:13 pm

Thank you for this huge and beautiful dogs display! cheers cheers drunken
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :(   The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :( - Page 13 EmptyFri Nov 19, 2021 8:24 pm

Thank you everybody! Dogs were probably one my first loves in collecting, but unlike my horse collection the dogs remain active! Tomorrow will be our feline friend's day and then the display on Sunday. :) Glad you all have enjoyed the presentation so far! And thank you Bonnie and George for enjoying my Buck portrait, I quite like him as well. Perhaps more than normal as I never expected a mould to be available for him!

P.S. Bonnie, my WM pug pup is repainted by myself. A few of them were "touched" up to clean up the paintwork, including models like the dobie pup also. And my chihuahua custom is also inspired by a dog we used to have. His name was Elvis, but unfortunately he was not a very nice individual, though he was pretty to look at.

Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :(   The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :( - Page 13 EmptyFri Nov 19, 2021 9:41 pm

Glad the dogs remain active, it's so fun seeing your dog additions! Very Happy
And thank you for the details, I really like the little adjustments! A shame about Elvis but I guess that some dogs can be like that, but definitely agree he is beautiful to look at! sunny
Back to top Go down
Taos

Taos

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :(   The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :( - Page 13 EmptyFri Nov 19, 2021 10:16 pm

Wonderful,wonderful collection of canines!!!

Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :(   The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :( - Page 13 EmptySat Nov 20, 2021 3:47 am

Thanks Bonnie! He was the only mean streak dog we had, something that happens with some dogs just like with people. Wink I suppose Buck is just as handsome, if not more so with his much kinder personality. Wink

Thank you Taylor!

Now on to domestic cats!

Back to top Go down
pipsxlch

pipsxlch

Country/State : US/Florida

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :(   The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :( - Page 13 EmptySat Nov 20, 2021 3:54 am

Very enjoyable few days, loved all the dogs! If I had deeper pockets, I could easily see being a dog collector. Very happy to see a few old friends in such congenial surroundings!

Embarassed Buck is my favorite too Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :(   The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :( - Page 13 EmptySat Nov 20, 2021 3:58 am

Thank you Kelly!   cheers

Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :(   The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :( - Page 13 EmptySun Nov 21, 2021 1:15 am

An early upload as I am preoccupied tonight. Domestic cat and dog display! 

Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :(   The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :( - Page 13 EmptySun Nov 21, 2021 1:27 pm

Oh that's wonderful, a whole bookcase of dogs (And cats!) ! cheers Shocked drunken It reminds me of my amazement when I first saw them! Laughing
Wonderful cat collection too! cheers
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :(   The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :( - Page 13 EmptySun Nov 21, 2021 4:43 pm

Also a nice cat collection

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Taos

Taos

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :(   The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :( - Page 13 EmptySun Nov 21, 2021 5:51 pm

Fantastic felines!!!

Caracal

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :(   The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :( - Page 13 EmptySun Nov 21, 2021 6:40 pm

beautiful cats collection! cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :(   The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :( - Page 13 EmptyMon Nov 22, 2021 3:00 am

Thanks Lilias, Andreas, Taylor, and Alain!

Now we have passed through most of the "niche" collecting categories... here is what many have been waiting for... mammalian wildlife! Starting with my African bookcase and specifically my primates:

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :(   The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :( - Page 13 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :(
Page 13 of 25Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 19 ... 25  Next