Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

My first finds of Bullyland figures for this year - Prototypes ?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
thomas-asa

thomas-asa

Country/State : Germany

My first finds of Bullyland figures for this year - Prototypes ? Empty
PostSubject: My first finds of Bullyland figures for this year - Prototypes ?   My first finds of Bullyland figures for this year - Prototypes ? EmptyThu Jan 19, 2023 7:34 pm

Something special from Bullyland right at the beginning of the year !

Probably some kind of prototypes. All with a label. Unfortunately I don't know much about materials. The figures feel and sound "chalky".
The regular figures from the trade are about 3-4mm smaller and about 1/3 lighter compared to these figures.
Some of these "prototypes" are painted. As you can see on the ears of the Knabstrupper stallion. I had already bought the giraffe a few years ago. It looks a bit more chalky than the other models, but has the same characteristics.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

For the Kabstrupper stallion I added 2 partly painted figures from my collection. They are unpainted from the other side.

I have been looking for the "two-dimensional" trees for a long time. So it was a great pleasure to get them together with the prototypes. The pictures show the front and the back side. Unfortunately, the two missing trees of the series were not included. They are shown for the first time in the 1989 catalogue.

Finally, a few detail images.

widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: My first finds of Bullyland figures for this year - Prototypes ?   My first finds of Bullyland figures for this year - Prototypes ? EmptyThu Jan 19, 2023 7:37 pm

Nice and rare stuff :)

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: My first finds of Bullyland figures for this year - Prototypes ?   My first finds of Bullyland figures for this year - Prototypes ? EmptyThu Jan 19, 2023 11:22 pm

Really special! It is known that Bullyland experimented many different materials but I didn't know about these. study

Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: My first finds of Bullyland figures for this year - Prototypes ?   My first finds of Bullyland figures for this year - Prototypes ? EmptySat Jan 21, 2023 9:58 am

What an exciting find Very Happy
Back to top Go down
75senta75

75senta75

PostSubject: Re: My first finds of Bullyland figures for this year - Prototypes ?   My first finds of Bullyland figures for this year - Prototypes ? EmptySat Jan 21, 2023 11:55 am

This is a very interesting find. As Roger mentioned, Bullyland has experimented a lot with materials over the years. So it could be, that Bullyland "tinkered" with a new prototype here and tried out a new material. Where do the figures come from?

thomas-asa

PostSubject: Re: My first finds of Bullyland figures for this year - Prototypes ?   My first finds of Bullyland figures for this year - Prototypes ? EmptySat Jan 21, 2023 2:42 pm

75senta75 wrote:
This is a very interesting find. As Roger mentioned, Bullyland has experimented a lot with materials over the years. So it could be, that Bullyland "tinkered" with a new prototype here and tried out a new material. Where do the figures come from?

Hello Yvette, great to hear from you.
The seller doesn't want to name his source, but he'll ask if there's any more information on the figures.
If I know anything, I will post it here.

75senta75

75senta75

PostSubject: Re: My first finds of Bullyland figures for this year - Prototypes ?   My first finds of Bullyland figures for this year - Prototypes ? EmptySat Jan 21, 2023 4:18 pm

Hi Thomas, unfortunately I haven't had much time for our hobby in the last few weeks as I've been so busy with different other things. But I hope, that will gradually change again.
Hhm - the buyer doesn't want to name the source ? I got the same answer from an "Ebay Kleinanzeigen" seller a few years ago about a Bullyland figure. A few emails later he told me, that this figure came from the liquidation of the former Bullyland museum. It would be very interesting if you could get some more information about these Bullyland figures!

PostSubject: Re: My first finds of Bullyland figures for this year - Prototypes ?   My first finds of Bullyland figures for this year - Prototypes ? Empty

Back to top Go down

My first finds of Bullyland figures for this year - Prototypes ?
Page 1 of 1