Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

IND. ARGENTINA vintage treasures

Go down 
+4
widukind
rogerpgvg
Kikimalou
Stripedhyena
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Stripedhyena

Stripedhyena

Country/State : Spain

IND. ARGENTINA vintage treasures Empty
PostSubject: IND. ARGENTINA vintage treasures   IND. ARGENTINA vintage treasures EmptySat Feb 04, 2023 11:46 am

For some time now, not too long, I have been researching vintage (and some contemporary) Latin American brands... And I have come across Argentina, where, in addition to the “Jack” figures, there is a production under the brand "Ind. Argentina" that manufactured several plastic animal figures in the 60-70s. Most of the molds come from Britains and Hausser-Elastolin. Here is a lot where you can easily recognize the molds from which they come. They are figures of a plastic with a particular touch... The details of the fur, for example, are very well cared for, but the paint finishes are strident (I love these kitch details).

The truth is that they have the perfect combination for my taste: vintage aroma, versions of the great brands of the past and a "very particular" color interpretation.
Special mention should be made of the brown bear, whose head is rotating. Undoubtedly, along with the hyena and the mandrill, it is one of my favorites of this batch.
In Paraguay this type of collection was also leaked... we will find out.

IND. ARGENTINA vintage treasures 89a4b010
IND. ARGENTINA vintage treasures D0ac8810
IND. ARGENTINA vintage treasures C7994210
IND. ARGENTINA vintage treasures 06f3d510
IND. ARGENTINA vintage treasures D1b4fe10
IND. ARGENTINA vintage treasures 72d92510
IND. ARGENTINA vintage treasures 618cd310

Last edited by Stripedhyena on Sat Feb 04, 2023 10:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: IND. ARGENTINA vintage treasures   IND. ARGENTINA vintage treasures EmptySat Feb 04, 2023 11:51 am

Great finds and very interresting topic Ricardo Very Happy

Are the Hausser copies the same size as the originals?
Back to top Go down
Stripedhyena

Stripedhyena

PostSubject: Re: IND. ARGENTINA vintage treasures   IND. ARGENTINA vintage treasures EmptySat Feb 04, 2023 12:39 pm

Thanks Christophe :)
Yes, they are all to the same scale as the inspirational molds.
Back to top Go down
rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: IND. ARGENTINA vintage treasures   IND. ARGENTINA vintage treasures EmptySat Feb 04, 2023 12:43 pm

Very interesting! I knew there was an Argentinian company who made Britains copies, but I didn't know they also made copies of other brands. I like the brown bear cub in particular, it has a different charm from the original Elastolin.

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: IND. ARGENTINA vintage treasures   IND. ARGENTINA vintage treasures EmptySat Feb 04, 2023 1:23 pm

Congratulations, a interesting catch for you :)

STS members can merge Very Happy

sunny Andreas sunny
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: IND. ARGENTINA vintage treasures   IND. ARGENTINA vintage treasures EmptySat Feb 04, 2023 1:35 pm

I love that you study deeply each brand and that you share with us. Most of the toy animal world is anonymous and I enjoy that you give voice to these companies.
INDstands for Independiente or Industrias?

Mitsukuni

Country/State : United states/ohio

PostSubject: Re: IND. ARGENTINA vintage treasures   IND. ARGENTINA vintage treasures EmptySat Feb 04, 2023 2:14 pm

Great finds Ricardo:D Of course the hyena is my favoriteXD It’s great to have some extra info and explanation on these figures. Even though they are copies they have their own unique style and charm, I’m very similar to you in taste, definitely loving these little guys.

Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: IND. ARGENTINA vintage treasures   IND. ARGENTINA vintage treasures EmptySat Feb 04, 2023 6:17 pm

what a great group! love the wolf.

https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Stripedhyena

Stripedhyena

PostSubject: Re: IND. ARGENTINA vintage treasures   IND. ARGENTINA vintage treasures EmptySat Feb 04, 2023 10:28 pm

@Roger IND comes from Industry. There was also a collection of figures marked "Industria Paraguaya" that manufactured, at least that I know of, versions of some of the Britains.
You know I have tried to appeal to Latin collectors (if they are anywhere, it would certainly be STS) but with little success. I have finally reached out to figures made in Brazil, Mexico, Argentina or Colombia through toy collectors in general. Not all have been good experiences and the economic costs in some cases are brutal, but in general it has been worth it (and still is worth it if I think of some sellers in particular).
Back to top Go down
Stripedhyena

Stripedhyena

PostSubject: Re: IND. ARGENTINA vintage treasures   IND. ARGENTINA vintage treasures EmptySat Feb 04, 2023 10:31 pm

@Mitsukuni, hyenas are our thing! Laughing
If the occasion arises to get some extra hyena, I'll let you know!
Back to top Go down
Stripedhyena

Stripedhyena

PostSubject: Re: IND. ARGENTINA vintage treasures   IND. ARGENTINA vintage treasures EmptySat Feb 04, 2023 10:38 pm

Thanks @Widukind @rogerpgvg
@Saarlooswolfhound It is a striped hyena (based on Hausser's compo mold). There are quite a few figures in this collection, here are missing moose, reindeer, camel calf, cobra, 2 peacocks, chimpanzee, white gorilla, beaver, raccoon... And a wolf (Britains copy) that, if I get it, I will upload in this post.
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: IND. ARGENTINA vintage treasures   IND. ARGENTINA vintage treasures EmptySun Feb 05, 2023 12:03 am

Could you please make individual pics for TAW ? 😊
Back to top Go down
Stripedhyena

Stripedhyena

PostSubject: Re: IND. ARGENTINA vintage treasures   IND. ARGENTINA vintage treasures EmptySun Feb 05, 2023 9:57 am

Kikimalou wrote:
Ok. Give me a little time to gather the figures of this brand and others of Argentine origin and I will expand the topic by attaching individual photos.
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: IND. ARGENTINA vintage treasures   IND. ARGENTINA vintage treasures EmptySun Feb 05, 2023 2:20 pm

Stripedhyena wrote:
Kikimalou wrote:
Ok. Give me a little time to gather the figures of this brand and others of Argentine origin and I will expand the topic by attaching individual photos.

cheers
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: IND. ARGENTINA vintage treasures   IND. ARGENTINA vintage treasures EmptySun Feb 05, 2023 2:37 pm

I've been inviting Latin American collectors to the forum and often they open an account or just ask me to do it but rarely they turn into active members.
A forum is not an intuitive and friendly tool when someone is not confortable with the language of the discussions neither techologies. Social media groups have easier tools to translate, share pictures, etc. Obviously, all the rest is not so good and in a forum we work much deeper into a certain subject. There's also the postage thing, sure. Most of the Latin American countries have low sallaries and overseas postage is prohibitive. I've witnessed many North American collectors giving up about trades because of postage expenses and North American economy is much stronger than the Latin American economy.

smallscaleworld

Country/State : Hampshire, UK

PostSubject: Re: IND. ARGENTINA vintage treasures   IND. ARGENTINA vintage treasures EmptyTue Feb 07, 2023 10:27 pm

Industria Argentina, is the same as Made In Britain, or Made In USA, so you probably have examples of more than one company above. And I say that not to play point scoring, I made the same mistake ten years ago and admitted it on my Blog! And I'd got it - as fact - from the 'old guard'. Where individual companies tended to ID themselves was on the packaging, one I know of is Oklahoma (Britains copies and cut-n-shuts), another is Plastix (hard polystyrene novelties/premiums), EG (Ezio Guggiari) used glossy paint, similar to Alni, who issued later/recently unpainted, while DSG are contemporary but don't do animals as far as I know. Another 'Industria Argentina is 'RM'; some small candy-coloured trucks in my collection. A good source for this stuff is;

https://soldaditossudamericanos.blogspot.com/

He covers lead, wood, plastic and other materials from Mexico, through central and all of South America, but only only military types, or civilian figures.

H

eBay - smallscaleworld
Back to top Go down
Stripedhyena

Stripedhyena

PostSubject: Re: IND. ARGENTINA vintage treasures   IND. ARGENTINA vintage treasures EmptyWed Feb 08, 2023 10:19 am

Thank you very much for the info!
Yes, indeed it seems that not all the figures are from the same collection, in fact, not all are marked with "INDUSTRIA ARGENTINA". So, when I take the individual photos, I will try to specify the details (marking, type of paint, weight...) to see if we can shed more light on this issue.
I also know of an Argentine brand called EG TOYS that manufactured lead animals, many of them based on the Britains (although also other contemporary brands that manufactured metal figures). The curious thing is that in some of these molds they made small variations in the poses, the thickness of certain parts or the shape of the bases.
Recently I found some figures with the same EG TOYS mold but made in plastic... As I have time and the figures arrive to me, I will contribute more to this post.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: IND. ARGENTINA vintage treasures   IND. ARGENTINA vintage treasures Empty

Back to top Go down

IND. ARGENTINA vintage treasures
Page 1 of 1