Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

American Saddlebred Gelding

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Ponies and Paint

Ponies and Paint

Country/State : United States

American Saddlebred Gelding Empty
PostSubject: American Saddlebred Gelding   American Saddlebred Gelding EmptySat Feb 18, 2023 2:29 am

I haven't see anyone posting about this fella, so I thought I would share him with everyone. His flowers are modeled on, unfortunately, but I think that add a bit of character to him, almost like he's some big name show horse or something like that. His coloring is okay, not great, but simple and nice enough. His face does lack some detail, but it still has the shape associated with his breed, so it works. His tail is the usual type for a saddlebred, and his legs aren't too thick, so I'm happy about that. Overall, he's super pretty, but he's pretty hard to find in good condition for a decent price, so I would suggest looking on Ebay or somewhere similar to find him.[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGmpQ1jSAGOKIAO2OggjmMA
Ponies and Paint

Ponies and Paint

PostSubject: Re: American Saddlebred Gelding   American Saddlebred Gelding EmptySat Feb 18, 2023 2:30 am

Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: American Saddlebred Gelding   American Saddlebred Gelding EmptySat Feb 18, 2023 2:16 pm

Congrats

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: American Saddlebred Gelding   American Saddlebred Gelding EmptySat Feb 18, 2023 4:26 pm

Safari retired models get easily hard to find. It is not as problematic as it is with Papo but they desapear in a very short time.
I enjoy seeing these models having dedicated topics. It is like adding one more book to the STS library.
We see the tail like that also in Tennessee Walking Horses, I don't know if it is an American thing.

Ponies and Paint

PostSubject: Re: American Saddlebred Gelding   American Saddlebred Gelding EmptySat Feb 18, 2023 6:39 pm

Yeah, it's definitely more of an American thing. There are special classes dedicated to this breed, and most are bred to have high set tails.

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: American Saddlebred Gelding   American Saddlebred Gelding EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 11:44 am

Ponies and Paint wrote:
Yeah, it's definitely more of an American thing. There are special classes dedicated to this breed, and most are bred to have high set tails.

Despite my preference for seeing manes and tails free and wild, I can appreciate the aesthetically pleasing effect that this particular detail adds.

PostSubject: Re: American Saddlebred Gelding   American Saddlebred Gelding Empty

Back to top Go down

American Saddlebred Gelding
Page 1 of 1