Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Schleich 2023 Moose cow with calf

Go down 
+3
widukind
jarda
MartinH
7 posters
AuthorMessage
MartinH

MartinH

Country/State : Czech Republic

Schleich 2023 Moose cow with calf Empty
PostSubject: Schleich 2023 Moose cow with calf   Schleich 2023 Moose cow with calf EmptySun Feb 26, 2023 10:13 am

I got these two because I like mooses and I have to say... I was expecting little more from Schleich but the cow is good (with some issues in my opinion). I have a little problem with the calf becase...comparing it to the older calf from woodland set this new looks cheap with lack of details and...not good at all. Somehow I can´t believe it´s a Schleich brand Crying or Very sad You can take a look...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

https://www.martinhcollection.cz/
jarda

jarda

Country/State : Česká republika

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2023 Moose cow with calf   Schleich 2023 Moose cow with calf EmptySun Feb 26, 2023 11:01 am

Martin, can you please take the comparison photos with old Schleich moose cow and calf?
I personally have problem with legs of most of new Schleich figures (caracal female, horses, moose cow...) - if I compare in this aspect moose cow from your photos with even smaller and older mooses from VEB Plaho...
Back to top Go down
MartinH

MartinH

Country/State : Czech Republic

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2023 Moose cow with calf   Schleich 2023 Moose cow with calf EmptySun Feb 26, 2023 11:18 am

I´m with you. Schleich legs are mostly in weird pose and strangely curved Mad

Here are some photos...
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

https://www.martinhcollection.cz/
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2023 Moose cow with calf   Schleich 2023 Moose cow with calf EmptySun Feb 26, 2023 4:40 pm

cheers cheers cheers cheers

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Katarzyna

Katarzyna

Country/State : Poland

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2023 Moose cow with calf   Schleich 2023 Moose cow with calf EmptySun Feb 26, 2023 5:12 pm

Thank you for photos! I’m not a big fan of these two - they’re cute but not realistic at all. Older ones were better in my opinion. I’m still waiting for new moose figure from CollectA or other brand with more realistic models. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
jarda

jarda

Country/State : Česká republika

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2023 Moose cow with calf   Schleich 2023 Moose cow with calf EmptySun Feb 26, 2023 6:38 pm

Thanks for sharing these photos, Martin! Anyway, one positive point to the new Schleich figures: No more oversized heads, no more shortened legs...
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2023 Moose cow with calf   Schleich 2023 Moose cow with calf EmptySun Feb 26, 2023 8:00 pm

Thank you for showing Martin sunny , I'm never quite satisfied with modern interpretations of moose. I may be too picky but I always find something a bit off. Deer in general are not easy to interpret as toys.
Like Katarzyna, I place my hope in CollectA which already has Father David's and White-tailed deers

jarda wrote:
Thanks for sharing these photos, Martin! Anyway, one positive point to the new Schleich figures: No more oversized heads, no more shortened legs...

Absolutely cheers
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2023 Moose cow with calf   Schleich 2023 Moose cow with calf EmptySun Feb 26, 2023 9:55 pm

I tend to think about Schleich these days as a different brand. It is not but it helps me to accept better what Schleich is doing.
First, the previous family of moose is very good, especially when compared to what brands were doing at the time. The cow is particularly beautiful. They couldn't probably improve the previous generation and now they have their own style like a new brand. It is not anymore the same brand where each new generation of animals seemed part of the collection. Some things are good, Schleich is more immaginative with poses, I think Schleich currently offers a bigger diversity of animals and a few are really on point like the pangolin, the mountain animals and a few others. Though, they're clearly in general less appealing, a good example is the current gazelle, it has thiner legs, longer horns what are correct design decisions but it is not as beautiful as the previous model. Figures are more delicate like the puma, especially compared to the older version but despite being closer to the real thing, it didn't get the same enthusiasm.
I learned to accept this version of Schleich 2.0 and 2.0 doesn't always mean it is better than 1.0 as Windows Vista was never better than the older Windows XP.

Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2023 Moose cow with calf   Schleich 2023 Moose cow with calf EmptyMon Feb 27, 2023 12:13 am

I am happy to see the cow isnt painted in such contrasting colors as the promo pics. But the calf indeed... is a let down. To me it looks like a reindeer calf on stilts. Yikes, not the best quality Schleich indeed...

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2023 Moose cow with calf   Schleich 2023 Moose cow with calf Empty

Back to top Go down

Schleich 2023 Moose cow with calf
Page 1 of 1