Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

2022 Safari Ltd Okapi Walkaround With Comparisons

Go down 
+2
Roger
Joliezac
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Joliezac

Joliezac

Country/State : New Jersey, USA

2022 Safari Ltd Okapi Walkaround With Comparisons Empty
PostSubject: 2022 Safari Ltd Okapi Walkaround With Comparisons   2022 Safari Ltd Okapi Walkaround With Comparisons EmptyMon Feb 27, 2023 8:48 pm

Today I got the last few 2022 figures from Safari that I wanted, the okapi & Saharan desert Toob!

Here is a walkaround of the okapi,

Okapis are some of my favorite animals, so I had to pick up a new one from Safari when I heard about it Very Happy

I really like this model and think Safari did a nice job on it. I particularly love the smooth gradient and the face is better than their original okapi.

I wish the legs were a bit thinner and longer, but this is a common problem with many ungulates so I'm not too bothered by it.

I think the face is painted very nicely although I'm unhappy with the eyes, I might try to repaint them.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

It is hard to see, but it is marked 2022

And now for some comparisons with my other okapis! I do really like this model, but if you are looking for just one okapi for your collection, I think there are better options. Hopefully these comparisons will help!

With the old Safari (mine has been through a lot of wear, it was one of my favorites when I was little)

Schleich male

Schleich female

Papo

CollectA

CollectA calf

And some family photos!

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
https://joliezacc9d79.myportfolio.com/
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: 2022 Safari Ltd Okapi Walkaround With Comparisons   2022 Safari Ltd Okapi Walkaround With Comparisons EmptyMon Feb 27, 2023 10:07 pm

Perfect walk around, Jolie! Very Happy
Safari was needing a new okapi at this scale but my opinion is already written in this topic.
"I do really like this model, but if you are looking for just one okapi for your collection, I think there are better options."
You have a beautiful collection of okapis, I think you're only missing the Bullyland models, they're slightly larger but they work nicely next to these.

bmathison1972

Country/State : Salt Lake City, UT

PostSubject: Re: 2022 Safari Ltd Okapi Walkaround With Comparisons   2022 Safari Ltd Okapi Walkaround With Comparisons EmptyMon Feb 27, 2023 11:02 pm

A very nice model but I don't see a need to replace the CollectA one I have (but if I was starting from scratch today, this might be the one I got!).
Back to top Go down
Joliezac

Joliezac

Country/State : New Jersey, USA

PostSubject: Re: 2022 Safari Ltd Okapi Walkaround With Comparisons   2022 Safari Ltd Okapi Walkaround With Comparisons EmptyMon Feb 27, 2023 11:51 pm

Roger wrote:
Perfect walk around, Jolie! Very Happy
Safari was needing a new okapi at this scale but my opinion is already written in this topic.
"I do really like this model, but if you are looking for just one okapi for your collection, I think there are better options."
You have a beautiful collection of okapis, I think you're only missing the Bullyland models, they're slightly larger but they work nicely next to these.

I'd love to find the Bullyland adult and baby I love you

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
https://joliezacc9d79.myportfolio.com/
endogenylove

endogenylove

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: 2022 Safari Ltd Okapi Walkaround With Comparisons   2022 Safari Ltd Okapi Walkaround With Comparisons EmptyTue Feb 28, 2023 1:43 am

I can't say that any of the okapi figures on the market really call to me as being a perfect representative. The CollectA is my favorite of the available ones, but it is still missing a certain...something. Very nice walk around!

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: 2022 Safari Ltd Okapi Walkaround With Comparisons   2022 Safari Ltd Okapi Walkaround With Comparisons EmptyTue Feb 28, 2023 7:40 am

A nice okapi

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: 2022 Safari Ltd Okapi Walkaround With Comparisons   2022 Safari Ltd Okapi Walkaround With Comparisons EmptyWed Mar 01, 2023 8:50 pm

It seems I agree with you and Rogerio and... It's a nice model but I will stay with the CollectA male and Schleich female.

Thank you for the walkaround Jolie Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2022 Safari Ltd Okapi Walkaround With Comparisons   2022 Safari Ltd Okapi Walkaround With Comparisons Empty

Back to top Go down

2022 Safari Ltd Okapi Walkaround With Comparisons
Page 1 of 1