Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Bonnie's Dog Additions! Update with the magic of Kikimalou :) & Charity Shop Finds

Go down 
+7
Roger
widukind
Kikimalou
pipsxlch
landrover
Saarlooswolfhound
Bonnie
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Bonnie

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

Bonnie's Dog Additions! Update with the magic of Kikimalou :) & Charity Shop Finds Empty
PostSubject: Bonnie's Dog Additions! Update with the magic of Kikimalou :) & Charity Shop Finds   Bonnie's Dog Additions! Update with the magic of Kikimalou :) & Charity Shop Finds EmptyThu Mar 30, 2023 1:03 am

I always planned to open this topic when I first joined STS and now finally I am doing it 2 and a half years later! cheers Laughing
Originally I imagined I'd open it after I'd finished the animal and then dog collection topics but since the dog collection topic will probably take some time and there have been so many wonderful additions recently, I thought it would be best to start this now Wink And what better place to begin than with this beautiful parcel of dog figures that arrived from  [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], I cannot even begin to describe the joy of opening up this wonderful gift filled with vintage treasures of the animal I love most. sunny sunny It really did just make my day, when Christophe said he was sending them I already felt incredibly lucky but I have to say I was just amazed at how many beautiful, rare, charming, delicate figures were in the pack. What was even more wonderful is that most I had never even seen before, they really were special glimpses of the past and I just loved spending ages unpacking and looking at each one. So thank you, thank you so, so very much to Kikimalou, you have made a dog collector so very happy and I will treasure these dogs in my collection, I hope one day I can repay you somehow for such generosity, I just love each one of these dogs so much. I love you

First photo is of the lovely dogs whose brands I knew or managed to uncover through some research!
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Left to right:
Ja-Ru Pointer (Planet Earth: Dogs of the World), Vitacup Poodle, Schleich Dalmatian puppy, Hang Shun Airedale Terrier, Starlux German Shepherds, Linde Rough Collie, Vitacup English Bulldog, Houghton Mifflin Irish Setters, Vitacup Sealyham Terrier, A&A Basset Hound (Adopt a Puppy Series 1)
So many beauties here! I really love the Linde Rough Collie, all models of this breed have a special place in my heart, and the Starlux German Shepherds are so incredibly special. So pleased to be able to add another Hang Shun dog to continue building that series and I just love the elegance of those setters. sunny

This photo is of all the wonderful dogs whose brands I have yet to discover! I would be so interested if anyone has any information on/ knows the brand of any of these pups. and I'll update this topic  Very Happy Updated with a few identified:
Left to right:
Unknown farm dog, TOTAL Premium Basset D'Artois, TOTAL Premium spaniel, Ajax Airedale Terrier, unknown setter, TOTAL Premium Dachshund, Hausser Elastolin German Shepherd copy, unknown Dalmatian, Total premium puppies (Green), unknown poodle, Nabisco pointer, unknown boxers, TOTAL premium papillon, unknown French Bulldog, Starlux/ Cofalu setter copy, TOTAL Premium papillon, MPC Rough Collie, unknown poodles
The little Dalmatian puppy at the front is quite possibly my favourite, I absolutely adore this figure and my sister can attest to that fact, as soon as I opened him I just knew that I had to show her even though she isn't really interested in figure collecting Laughing Considering how small the model is it has a level of detail to rival the Schleich Dalmatian puppy I'd say, and has a lovely hand-painted quality to it, as well as capturing the unexaggerated natural cuteness of a young dog in that style I love similar to that of the Japanese brands cheers . I would be super interested if anyone knows the brand of him! I really love how delicate the little black German Shepherd is too and of course the blue rough collie had to be a favourite. sunny

I then finally, finally, had some luck at a charity shop and found this wonderful selection of dogs! Very Happy
Left to right:
Nestle Dalmatian (Disney 102 Dalmatians), Schleich Bichon Frise, unknown Labrador Retriever, McDonald's Snowy the Fox Terrier (Adventures of Tintin), unknown dog, Vivid Toy Group Animagic Cocker Spaniel (Series 1), Vivid Toy Group Animagic Bloodhound/ retriever? (Series 1), A&A Scottish Terrier (Adopt a Puppy Series 3), A&A Husky (Adopt a Puppy Series 3), Nayan Papillon
I was amazed to find that stunning pewter (?) Labrador for a smaller price than the little Schleich Bichon Frise Laughing Both of them are beautiful models and I really was surprised in the best way by the Bichon, much better than I expected and much nicer than the official photo. I'd say it's beautifully made, has a real feeling of quality that some other Schleich dogs seem to lack, my photo doesn't really do it justice but the precision and intricacy of the fur and proportions reminded me very much of the Japanese brands, like Eikoh! Such a sweet symmetrical face that matches very closely with the breed's natural cuteness, so again wasn't too exaggerated.  sunny

All in all March has been a wonderful month for dog additions, one thing I love about focusing on one species is that it means there is always such a variety of brands and styles to collect and appreciate! When I find the time I plan to add any additions from here to the relevant brand sections on my collection topic so that it's always updated too.  Very Happy

Last edited by Bonnie on Tue Apr 11, 2023 4:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

Bonnie's Dog Additions! Update with the magic of Kikimalou :) & Charity Shop Finds Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bonnie's Dog Additions! Update with the magic of Kikimalou :) & Charity Shop Finds   Bonnie's Dog Additions! Update with the magic of Kikimalou :) & Charity Shop Finds EmptyThu Mar 30, 2023 1:14 am

Superb new additions Bonnie, each one is lovely!

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
landrover

landrover

Country/State : colombia

PostSubject: Re: Bonnie's Dog Additions! Update with the magic of Kikimalou :) & Charity Shop Finds   Bonnie's Dog Additions! Update with the magic of Kikimalou :) & Charity Shop Finds EmptyThu Mar 30, 2023 4:20 am

Your dog collections is really marvellous.

Congratulations Bonnie cheers cheers

pipsxlch

pipsxlch

Country/State : US/Florida

PostSubject: Re: Bonnie's Dog Additions! Update with the magic of Kikimalou :) & Charity Shop Finds   Bonnie's Dog Additions! Update with the magic of Kikimalou :) & Charity Shop Finds EmptyThu Mar 30, 2023 5:18 am

You have some beauties there, congratulations! Those Starlux shepherds drunken , and what is the Papillon? And is the little dog hidden behind the translucent blue Bassett(?) also a composition figure?
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Bonnie's Dog Additions! Update with the magic of Kikimalou :) & Charity Shop Finds   Bonnie's Dog Additions! Update with the magic of Kikimalou :) & Charity Shop Finds EmptyThu Mar 30, 2023 9:40 am

I'm very happy to know the parcel arrived safely and that you enjoy your new dogs. Very Happy

About the Unknowns

1 Ajax
2 MPC
3 Copy of Starlux, maybe Cofalu
4 all the transculent dogs are TOTAL premium
5 It let me think about Nabisco dogs series

And now make individual pics for TAW Wink
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Bonnie's Dog Additions! Update with the magic of Kikimalou :) & Charity Shop Finds   Bonnie's Dog Additions! Update with the magic of Kikimalou :) & Charity Shop Finds EmptyThu Mar 30, 2023 12:02 pm

So many nice and unusual dog newcomers. Congratulations :)

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Bonnie's Dog Additions! Update with the magic of Kikimalou :) & Charity Shop Finds   Bonnie's Dog Additions! Update with the magic of Kikimalou :) & Charity Shop Finds EmptyThu Mar 30, 2023 3:24 pm

Wonderful gesture from Christophe sending a lot of dog figures to our STS official dog collector. Laughing
It is a little like the usual Kiki salades, with several brands eras, and styles and I like it so much.
Charity shops are a paradise for collectors, I don't know exactly how they work but it is quite surprising to see a Schleich Bichon Frisé on it since it is a recently released model.

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Bonnie's Dog Additions! Update with the magic of Kikimalou :) & Charity Shop Finds   Bonnie's Dog Additions! Update with the magic of Kikimalou :) & Charity Shop Finds EmptyThu Mar 30, 2023 10:31 pm

Absolutely superb collection of canines!!!!Congrats! cheers cheers cheers cheers

Jill

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Bonnie's Dog Additions! Update with the magic of Kikimalou :) & Charity Shop Finds   Bonnie's Dog Additions! Update with the magic of Kikimalou :) & Charity Shop Finds EmptySun Apr 02, 2023 1:12 am

What a wonderful topic and a really fantastic parcel! Such a beautiful selection of different dogs. The Starlux are my favorite, but the variety here is really appealing. Congrats on these additions!
Back to top Go down
sunny

sunny

Country/State : uk

PostSubject: Re: Bonnie's Dog Additions! Update with the magic of Kikimalou :) & Charity Shop Finds   Bonnie's Dog Additions! Update with the magic of Kikimalou :) & Charity Shop Finds EmptySun Apr 02, 2023 5:08 am

Congratulations on your growing collection Lillias! How wonderful to receive such treasures from Christophe!
I have seen the black German shepherd dog before. But I don't know the make.
It's good to see so many small dog models!
Back to top Go down
rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

PostSubject: Re: Bonnie's Dog Additions! Update with the magic of Kikimalou :) & Charity Shop Finds   Bonnie's Dog Additions! Update with the magic of Kikimalou :) & Charity Shop Finds EmptySun Apr 02, 2023 10:32 am

Fantastic new additions! The Starlux are my favourites too. The brightly coloured dogs are very interesting, they would make a very colourful decorating display if you put them all together. The black German shepherd in your second photo may be a Hausser Elastolin copy. A bit hard to see because it is partly hidden.

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: Bonnie's Dog Additions! Update with the magic of Kikimalou :) & Charity Shop Finds   Bonnie's Dog Additions! Update with the magic of Kikimalou :) & Charity Shop Finds EmptyTue Apr 11, 2023 3:25 pm

Thank you so much Paige, Fernando, Kelly, Kikimalou, Andreas, Roger, Taylor, Jill, Sunny and Roger! cheers It's so lovely to read all your lovely comments and see that you love these dogs as well Very Happy

pipsxlch wrote:
You have some beauties there, congratulations!  Those Starlux shepherds drunken , and what is the Papillon? And is the little dog hidden behind the translucent blue Bassett(?) also a composition figure?

I thought of you when I opened the shepherds! They really are beautiful and I feel incredibly lucky to have them. And thank you for reminding me, I completely forgot to mention it in the post, I'll do that now! The papillon is a Nayab model Very Happy I think that little dog might be a composition model but I'm not an expert on this material- I'm sure Kiki will know though! scratch

Kikimalou wrote:
I'm very happy to know the parcel arrived safely and that you enjoy your new dogs. Very Happy

About the Unknowns

1 Ajax
2 MPC
3 Copy of Starlux, maybe Cofalu
4 all the transculent dogs are TOTAL premium
5 It let me think about Nabisco dogs series

And now make individual pics for TAW  Wink

Thank you so much for all this information about the unknowns, that's really interesting to know and I have made a note of them all! cheers And thank you so much again, I adore these dogs and of course, I'll try and do that as soon as possible for the ones we know the brands of! cheers Thank you Very Happy

Roger wrote:
Wonderful gesture from Christophe sending a lot of dog figures to our STS official dog collector. Laughing
It is a little like the usual Kiki salades, with several brands eras, and styles and I like it so much.
Charity shops are a paradise for collectors, I don't know exactly how they work but it is quite surprising to see a Schleich Bichon Frisé on it since it is a recently released model.

It really is the most wonderful salad! cheers Charity shops are amazing, and I completely forgot to mention but the Bichon was actually bought from my local Schleich shop, but I agree, would have been unusual to see such a new figure already being sold second hand Laughing

Jill wrote:
What a wonderful topic and a really fantastic parcel! Such a beautiful selection of different dogs. The Starlux are my favorite, but the variety here is really appealing. Congrats on these additions!

Thank you so much Jill! sunny The Starlux are wonderful aren't they, definitely among my favourites too! cheers

sunny wrote:
Congratulations on your growing collection Lillias! How wonderful to receive such treasures from Christophe!
I have seen the black German shepherd dog before. But I don't know the make.
It's good to see so many small dog models!

Thank you so much! And that's interesting to know you've seen the black shepherd before, I'll certainly keep a lookout for more information study

rogerpgvg wrote:
Fantastic new additions! The Starlux are my favourites too. The brightly coloured dogs are very interesting, they would make a very colourful decorating display if you put them all together. The black German shepherd in your second photo may be a Hausser Elastolin copy. A bit hard to see because it is partly hidden.

They really would, so colourful! cheers The Starlux really are treasures. And that's really interesting about the Shepherd thank you, I think that might be the mystery solved as it definitely looks to be the same mould!
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bonnie's Dog Additions! Update with the magic of Kikimalou :) & Charity Shop Finds   Bonnie's Dog Additions! Update with the magic of Kikimalou :) & Charity Shop Finds Empty

Back to top Go down

Bonnie's Dog Additions! Update with the magic of Kikimalou :) & Charity Shop Finds
Page 1 of 1