Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Kikimalou's Indian rhinoceros collection updated May 8 2024

Go down 
+14
Taos
Chris Sweetman
landrover
Ana
rogerpgvg
Saarlooswolfhound
widukind
Kikimalou
Roger
Caracal
Jill
sunny
Stripedhyena
Bonnie
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
sunny

sunny

Country/State : uk

Kikimalou's Indian rhinoceros collection updated May 8 2024 - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kikimalou's Indian rhinoceros collection updated May 8 2024   Kikimalou's Indian rhinoceros collection updated May 8 2024 - Page 5 EmptySun Jul 16, 2023 12:02 am

I really like the Eikoh, it's very charming and detailed in comparison to the Colorata.
And with a dew lap!

I hope you have a wonderful holiday!
will there be toy animals for sale there?
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Kikimalou's Indian rhinoceros collection updated May 8 2024   Kikimalou's Indian rhinoceros collection updated May 8 2024 - Page 5 EmptyTue Feb 06, 2024 8:46 pm

It's already been six months since I gave up my weekly Tuesday evening appointment.
I've now found enough time and energy to reintroduce you to some of my horned beasts.
Three guests this evening, Nos. 35, 36 and 37.
We've already met two Chialù rhinoceros, here's the third guy.
The Italian brand produced a few plastic animals in the 60s before disappearing in 1967. Some are copy-pastes of the Hausser Elastolin in composition, but others are originals, as is the case with our new hollow cast plastic friend.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Another Italian brand, Dulcop, offered two series of wild animals in the late 60s and 70s: Tarzan and the Zoo. The animals were available in painted or monochromatic versions. The jungle included a hybrid rhinoceros that was quite stylised.

Finally, in 1971, on the other side of the Alps, the French company Starlux gave birth to its second Indian Rhinoceros. This animal may not shine any more than the Duclope in terms of realism, but it more than makes up for it with a strong personality and character.

I've chosen to present this trio because I think that, despite their different pedigrees, they have a definite family resemblance.
Back to top Go down
Jill

Jill

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Kikimalou's Indian rhinoceros collection updated May 8 2024   Kikimalou's Indian rhinoceros collection updated May 8 2024 - Page 5 EmptyTue Feb 06, 2024 9:41 pm

The starlux is my favorite, his color is really nice and even has some nice shading and I appreciate his feet especially and his expression. But the ears on the Dulcop! And his woeful expression! Laughing What a delight. The Chialù's pose is really good as well, there is a movement there that rhinos don't often get in small figures. Combined with his eyes, he looks quite dangerous and like he's considering flipping a tour vehicle.

I'm glad you haven't given up introducing us to these beautiful figures!
Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: Kikimalou's Indian rhinoceros collection updated May 8 2024   Kikimalou's Indian rhinoceros collection updated May 8 2024 - Page 5 EmptyTue Feb 06, 2024 10:21 pm

Yay, more rhinos! Chialu looks almost like it's made of metal 😀 And the yellow eyes are a bit scary.
But my favorite has to be the Dulcop hybrid. The floppy ears! 😆

Thanks so much Christophe, it's always fun to see photos of your collection! I like those quirky vintage models a lot.

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Kikimalou's Indian rhinoceros collection updated May 8 2024   Kikimalou's Indian rhinoceros collection updated May 8 2024 - Page 5 EmptyTue Feb 06, 2024 10:32 pm

I love the Chialù's head turn. The Starlux has that too, but it works particularly well with the Chialù's raised leg.

Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Kikimalou's Indian rhinoceros collection updated May 8 2024   Kikimalou's Indian rhinoceros collection updated May 8 2024 - Page 5 EmptyTue Feb 06, 2024 10:57 pm

I'm glad you found the energy to update this topic. i love this collection and it especially fantastic when we see figures like your Dulcop. That's a real Frankenstein since we can see features from the 3 most famous rhino species. Nobody makes that African rhino head from memory without a visual reference. The hwole animal has a white rhino silhouette but it is armoured. I have no idea what is the inspiration for those years but, if we forget how the real rhinos look like, it looks quite plausible to me, mixing realistic elements of different species. I can't explain it better, it is not just being charming, it is like seeing a paleoart gravure of an extinct creature. Sure the others are very cool too. :)

Caracal

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: Kikimalou's Indian rhinoceros collection updated May 8 2024   Kikimalou's Indian rhinoceros collection updated May 8 2024 - Page 5 EmptyTue Feb 06, 2024 10:58 pm

As Ana wrote, the Chialu looks to be made of metal. It is the one I prefer. I love you

I never liked the Starlux too much but I don't know well why, maybe its too long and strong paws..

About the Dulcop, the body sculpting is very good and dynamic but what a pity this caricatural Black rhino head!
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Kikimalou's Indian rhinoceros collection updated May 8 2024   Kikimalou's Indian rhinoceros collection updated May 8 2024 - Page 5 EmptyWed Feb 07, 2024 6:19 pm

Starlux can be criticised for a number of things, but certainly not for the quality of its paints, which far surpassed any of its contemporaries. Chialù looks like the kind of guy you don't want to mess with, and Dulcop could be called Droopy! Laughing

It's funny how what we'd consider to be flaws on current models turn into interesting personality traits on older models. Wink
Back to top Go down
sunny

sunny

PostSubject: Re: Kikimalou's Indian rhinoceros collection updated May 8 2024   Kikimalou's Indian rhinoceros collection updated May 8 2024 - Page 5 EmptyThu Feb 08, 2024 1:17 am

Kikimalou wrote:

I've chosen to present this trio because I think that, despite their different pedigrees, they have a definite family resemblance.

Wonderful to see your impressive rhino herd Christophe, and probably what's just as impressive is your incredible knowledge of dates and details and things I could never imagine concerning all the companies and history in their makings!
Thank you for the latest episode Very Happy

These 3 do look like they are related!
This photo shows characteristic familiar traits in each face - it's uncanny how the Starlux and Dulcop are so similar front on Wink

I do love the quirky and elegant Dulcop most of all! Some sculptor had a wonderful style to make such a model.

Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Kikimalou's Indian rhinoceros collection updated May 8 2024   Kikimalou's Indian rhinoceros collection updated May 8 2024 - Page 5 EmptyThu Feb 08, 2024 8:30 am

Thank you Annette cheers

My personal tragedy is I'm unable to prefer one Laughing
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Kikimalou's Indian rhinoceros collection updated May 8 2024   Kikimalou's Indian rhinoceros collection updated May 8 2024 - Page 5 EmptySat Feb 10, 2024 12:38 am

Oh I love all three. Razz Those piercing yellow eyes, the extra long face, and the lipstick! Each of those is a beauty.

Christophe, you are tempting me with your lovely old vintage figures. drunken

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Kikimalou's Indian rhinoceros collection updated May 8 2024   Kikimalou's Indian rhinoceros collection updated May 8 2024 - Page 5 EmptySat Feb 10, 2024 5:12 am

Saarlooswolfhound wrote:
Oh I love all three. Razz Those piercing yellow eyes, the extra long face, and the lipstick! Each of those is a beauty.

Thank you for them  cheers

Saarlooswolfhound wrote:
Christophe, you are tempting me with your lovely old vintage figures. drunken

That's my secret goal Laughing this topic is a trap Wink
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Kikimalou's Indian rhinoceros collection updated May 8 2024   Kikimalou's Indian rhinoceros collection updated May 8 2024 - Page 5 EmptyTue Feb 13, 2024 6:30 pm

It's tuesday, the Indian rhinos day sunny
Tonight I'd like to introduce you to two mysterious outsiders.
The first comes to us from Germany, more likely from the DDR. It's made of composition but the material used is light, even if it's denser than papier-mache. He's not the most realistic but he has a debonair look that I like.

The second is more than likely French, it's aluminium but I can't work out the manufacturer. In the mid-1930s, French brands gradually abandoned hollow lead in favour of aluminium, a modern, inexpensive material with a reputation for being unbreakable. The only downside was that it didn't provide the same fine detail as lead, and moulds and models often had to be modified. Illustrated catalogues were rare at the time, which made research difficult.

What brought these two together for me was not the material used, nor the country of origin, but their Mickey Mouse ears, or perhaps more accurately their Bugs Bunny ears.  rabbit  Laughing

With the now traditional Schleich
Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: Kikimalou's Indian rhinoceros collection updated May 8 2024   Kikimalou's Indian rhinoceros collection updated May 8 2024 - Page 5 EmptyTue Feb 13, 2024 9:05 pm

2 beautiful newcomers even if I prefer the german one! cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Kikimalou's Indian rhinoceros collection updated May 8 2024   Kikimalou's Indian rhinoceros collection updated May 8 2024 - Page 5 EmptyTue Feb 13, 2024 9:57 pm

Vielen Dank Herr Alain Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Kikimalou's Indian rhinoceros collection updated May 8 2024   Kikimalou's Indian rhinoceros collection updated May 8 2024 - Page 5 EmptyWed Feb 14, 2024 1:25 am

I really like both. I enjoy when watching my giant anteaters, which known animal has influenced most the sculptor. It is often bears, wolves, badgers or whatever. I think the same happens with rhinos although those are popular and very well known creatures.

Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Kikimalou's Indian rhinoceros collection updated May 8 2024   Kikimalou's Indian rhinoceros collection updated May 8 2024 - Page 5 EmptyWed Feb 14, 2024 7:58 am

At least, no anteaters sculptor was inspired by rabbit Laughing
Back to top Go down
sunny

sunny

PostSubject: Re: Kikimalou's Indian rhinoceros collection updated May 8 2024   Kikimalou's Indian rhinoceros collection updated May 8 2024 - Page 5 EmptyWed Feb 14, 2024 10:51 pm

Kikimalou wrote:

What brought these two together for me was not the material used, nor the country of origin, but their Mickey Mouse ears, or perhaps more accurately their Bugs Bunny ears.  rabbit  Laughing

What beautiful rhinos both of them are! I love their large ears, and rabbits! and more so because they both have ears pointing in opposite directions.
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Kikimalou's Indian rhinoceros collection updated May 8 2024   Kikimalou's Indian rhinoceros collection updated May 8 2024 - Page 5 EmptyWed Feb 14, 2024 11:01 pm

Thank you Annette Very Happy Mr 38 and 39 aren't the only rhinos to own ears pointing in opposite directions, I already shown a Chialù and Nardi but we called them Mickey mouse then Laughing
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Kikimalou's Indian rhinoceros collection updated May 8 2024   Kikimalou's Indian rhinoceros collection updated May 8 2024 - Page 5 EmptyThu Feb 15, 2024 1:00 pm

Kikimalou wrote:

Laughing Unless you consider African anteaters. pig

Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Kikimalou's Indian rhinoceros collection updated May 8 2024   Kikimalou's Indian rhinoceros collection updated May 8 2024 - Page 5 EmptyThu Feb 15, 2024 6:41 pm

Roger wrote:
Kikimalou wrote:

Aardvarks are prodigious creatures whose irresistible looks are the envy of all. Many species have tried to resemble them, including rabbits, pigs, kangaroos and rats. None have succeeded. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Kikimalou's Indian rhinoceros collection updated May 8 2024   Kikimalou's Indian rhinoceros collection updated May 8 2024 - Page 5 EmptyFri Feb 16, 2024 11:27 am

Kikimalou wrote:
Roger wrote:
Kikimalou wrote:

Aardvarks are prodigious creatures whose irresistible looks are the envy of all. Many species have tried to resemble them, including rabbits, pigs, kangaroos and rats. None have succeeded. Laughing

True, aardvark means ground pig so we can't avoid a connection although it is a fact, the domestic pig is a much more recent animal than an aardvark. That mix of animals make aardvarks among the most charming creatures in this planet, maybe bilbies are the closest in sahpe but they're just a kind of cuter version, nothing is really comparable with our beloved African anteaters.

rogerpgvg

PostSubject: Re: Kikimalou's Indian rhinoceros collection updated May 8 2024   Kikimalou's Indian rhinoceros collection updated May 8 2024 - Page 5 EmptyFri Feb 16, 2024 10:15 pm

These two are both very charming. They don't have to be realistic to be good. I especially like the French guy, he is very cute!

Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Kikimalou's Indian rhinoceros collection updated May 8 2024   Kikimalou's Indian rhinoceros collection updated May 8 2024 - Page 5 EmptyFri Feb 16, 2024 10:19 pm

I agree Roger Very Happy
Back to top Go down
rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

PostSubject: Re: Kikimalou's Indian rhinoceros collection updated May 8 2024   Kikimalou's Indian rhinoceros collection updated May 8 2024 - Page 5 EmptyFri Feb 16, 2024 11:12 pm

I meant the rhino though Wink.

PostSubject: Re: Kikimalou's Indian rhinoceros collection updated May 8 2024   Kikimalou's Indian rhinoceros collection updated May 8 2024 - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Kikimalou's Indian rhinoceros collection updated May 8 2024
Page 5 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next