Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Unmarked horse figures on ebay

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Jill

Jill

Country/State : USA

Unmarked horse figures on ebay Empty
PostSubject: Unmarked horse figures on ebay   Unmarked horse figures on ebay EmptyMon May 01, 2023 12:21 am

These are not my pictures, and I can't get any better ones. I didn't buy the lot (it was a bidding war), but I am curious if anyone recognizes these figures. There appear to be no brand markings on the figures or the boxes. I like the look of them, but really what I wanted was the fjord. Laughing

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I saw another lot of featured the same Icelandic horse, and the look is similar between all of them. The vanner and gray horse that I traded to Taos are included, so I wonder if these are all from the same series?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
sunny

sunny

Country/State : uk

PostSubject: Re: Unmarked horse figures on ebay   Unmarked horse figures on ebay EmptyMon May 01, 2023 2:41 am

how interesting they are!

the orange one at the front left - in both pics, looks identical

definitely some type of artist handmade model, and you can see the mane on the Fjord like that too, artisan handmade!

Have you messaged the seller asking where they came from?
or for more details about them?
is there any packaging that belongs to them that the seller can take pics of (before the seller ships them off to the winner)?
Back to top Go down
Jill

Jill

PostSubject: Re: Unmarked horse figures on ebay   Unmarked horse figures on ebay EmptyMon May 01, 2023 3:25 am

I haven't done any messaging, I'm not very bold about messaging about things I don't plan to bid on or purchase.

I did think they looked handmade, but the one you mentioned that is in both lots (called Icelandic on the box it is pictured with) seems to be exactly the same in both, and I know the two I had (the black and white pinto and the gray in the second picture) were not handmade, but they might not be from the same series.

It would be weird if the one that is identical in both lots was handmade since there are two of them, and it would also be weird if the others that had the same boxes were handmade and that one wasn't. If that makes sense. The auction information also says they are made of plastic. Maybe the first ones were handmade and then a mold was created?

The only packaging they mentioned is the red boxes with the breed on it, as seen with the fjord. They each had one that looked the same, except a different breed.

Back to top Go down
pipsxlch

pipsxlch

Country/State : US/Florida

PostSubject: Re: Unmarked horse figures on ebay   Unmarked horse figures on ebay EmptyMon May 01, 2023 6:08 pm

I find the way the teeth were drawn on the box rather scary. affraid
They do look like manufactured not individually handmade to me, perhaps a small manufacturer casting molds of artisan models?
Back to top Go down
Jill

Jill

PostSubject: Re: Unmarked horse figures on ebay   Unmarked horse figures on ebay EmptyMon May 01, 2023 10:06 pm

I found information about them on this website.

"The herd of them are different types of breeds and even sculpting styles, yet they all go together.
They're from the old book club that was called PONY which ended due to financial reasons."

So they were given out by a horse related book/magazine club, which I can see why they would be difficult to come by. I still have no confirmation if the Vanner and Gray I traded were part of the same series, but I think they might have been, because several horses from the same lot are included. There are more of them than are featured here. No information on who actually made them, only the magazine that distributed them.

It says PONY ended, but there is a magazine currently in production of the same name, but with a different logo. It's a vauge enough name that it is hard to google for more information, haha.

pipsxlch wrote:
I find the way the teeth were drawn on the box rather scary. affraid
I hadn't even noticed the teeth, but you're right. Shocked
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Unmarked horse figures on ebay   Unmarked horse figures on ebay Empty

Back to top Go down

Unmarked horse figures on ebay
Page 1 of 1