Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

2023 Panda with bamboo stick

Go down 
+5
widukind
Caracal
George
Roger
Bloodrayne
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Bloodrayne

Bloodrayne

Country/State : Netherlands

2023 Panda with bamboo stick Empty
PostSubject: 2023 Panda with bamboo stick   2023 Panda with bamboo stick EmptySat Jun 03, 2023 3:02 pm

I took some pictures of the new panda Papo released this year. The paint job is immaculate. No sloppy lines or googly eyes.
This figure feels a little different than other Papo figures. The bamboo stick is made out of a softer material and can bend. But also the right arm with paw is made from a softer material.
The rest of the bear is sturdy plastic.
Some photos:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

The arm reaching out is a curious decision of Papo. Is it for defending its meal? Or is it for hugging a friend? Laughing
(Together with the old Papo panda in my collection.)

Finally, a family portret:

(from left to right: Safari ltd moon bear, Papo polar bear, Mojo sun bear, Papo Grizzly, Schleich sloth bear, Papo panda, CollectA brown bear, CollectA American black bear, Papo panda)

Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: 2023 Panda with bamboo stick   2023 Panda with bamboo stick EmptySat Jun 03, 2023 3:54 pm

Simone, actually it is almost scary to see how precisely painted is this figure. It is hard to believe it was done by a human in a short time as it is supposed in a factory.
Where is this panda made in? P.R.C.?
This raised arm is meant to pat the backs of those who don't have food, which is what they always do to as we can see in one of your pictures. Wink
I love the family portrait, it is perfect picture of the globalization.
About the softer material, Papo is using it to get the safety mark for children 10 months up instead of the 3 years up. I don't know if it is the case here, if you still have the tag, you can check it, if it reads +10m so that's the reason why they used a softer material for these parts of the figure.

Bloodrayne

Country/State : Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: 2023 Panda with bamboo stick   2023 Panda with bamboo stick EmptySat Jun 03, 2023 8:48 pm

I had to dig through the trash (yikes), but found the tag. The safety mark for childeren says 0-3 years.
The panda was indeed made in P.R.C.

Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: 2023 Panda with bamboo stick   2023 Panda with bamboo stick EmptySat Jun 03, 2023 9:43 pm

Bloodrayne wrote:
I had to dig through the trash (yikes), but found the tag. The safety mark for childeren says 0-3 years.
The panda was indeed made in P.R.C.

I surely didn't want you to go so deep. Laughing Though, it is always interesting to know. There is a huge difference in density of the plastic between the +10M figures and the +3. This is a technic to turn those hanging parts less breakable but I'm glad to know it is not a +10M version, I really don't like the excissevely rubbery feeling of these models.

George

Country/State : England

PostSubject: Re: 2023 Panda with bamboo stick   2023 Panda with bamboo stick EmptySat Jun 03, 2023 9:51 pm

I don't understand the purpose of the outstretched arm either, but the sculpting for all that precise fur direction on the back is lovely!

Caracal

Caracal

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: 2023 Panda with bamboo stick   2023 Panda with bamboo stick EmptySat Jun 03, 2023 11:47 pm

Thank you for sharing! cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: 2023 Panda with bamboo stick   2023 Panda with bamboo stick EmptySun Jun 04, 2023 10:29 am

cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
molla.nasreddin

molla.nasreddin

Country/State : Iran

PostSubject: Re: 2023 Panda with bamboo stick   2023 Panda with bamboo stick EmptyMon Jun 05, 2023 6:26 am

Why is it more expensive than other same sized figures?
I found this Panda about 14 Euro !
Back to top Go down
WhiteLightning Wolf

WhiteLightning Wolf

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: 2023 Panda with bamboo stick   2023 Panda with bamboo stick EmptyMon Jun 05, 2023 2:33 pm

Perhaps the outstretched arm is meant to portray the panda reaching or grabbing for another stalk of bamboo? Curious sculpt but very lovely details.

Joliezac

Country/State : New Jersey, USA

PostSubject: Re: 2023 Panda with bamboo stick   2023 Panda with bamboo stick EmptyMon Jun 05, 2023 8:23 pm

A very nice panda, it exceeded my expectations! However, I already have many pandas so I don't think it will join my collection, thank you for the photos!

Congrats! cheers

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
https://joliezacc9d79.myportfolio.com/
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: 2023 Panda with bamboo stick   2023 Panda with bamboo stick EmptySat Jun 17, 2023 12:34 pm

Are the eyes a bit hypnotic or is it just me?
The texture and detail do seem to be of a high standard, but is that enough to make it a great model? No, you need a few extra things.
I'm not saying it isn't, but there's something about the pose that bothers me. I'd probably need more images and I'd certainly need to see it in person to see whether I'll fall in love with it or not.
It's also true that it's expensive, but that's also the case for the latest Safari Ltd Mountain lion.

Nevertheless Thank you very much for the topic Simone cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2023 Panda with bamboo stick   2023 Panda with bamboo stick Empty

Back to top Go down

2023 Panda with bamboo stick
Page 1 of 1