Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Collection Review: Papo Phoenix

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Brandubh94

Brandubh94

Country/State : Ireland

Collection Review: Papo Phoenix  Empty
PostSubject: Collection Review: Papo Phoenix    Collection Review: Papo Phoenix  EmptySun Jun 25, 2023 3:49 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Figure Brand: Papo
Figure Name(s): Phoenix
Sex: Female
Name: Seraphina
Year Made: 2017
Observations/Thoughts: The first time I’ve reviewed a fantasy figure from my collection. She’s one of my favourite non-realistic, non-unicorn types of models. This girl, Seraphina is absolutely fantastic. Phoenix models don’t seem to be very popular, hence why I have her, as I like the unusual, that and she fits right into the whole medieval, alchemy theme of things.  She happens to look like an eagle or other bird of prey in my opinion, her lovely swept back heady makes her look all the more speedy, elegant, good at dives? I also love the way her wings are open wide, feet dead centre like she’s diving. The comb and feathers at the back of her head add to her look too, as birds of prey don’t tend to be that decorative, they give her a nice peafowl look. Her colour is also a really nice blend of wine all the way through to orange and yellow which is very typical for a phoenix.
Rating: 5/5
Back to top Go down
Katy Leven

Katy Leven

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Collection Review: Papo Phoenix    Collection Review: Papo Phoenix  EmptyThu Jun 29, 2023 2:08 am

I really like Papo's phoenix. It is one of the only Papo models that I was able to see and touch in a store as unfortunately our toy shops mostly sell only schleich.
Her colouring is amazing! Phoenixes and Firebirds have always fascinated me and she is a nice rendition overall and on my wishlist.
I think that the white version is also intriguing as the colour reminds me of pale ash and that way it looks like something burnt, which suits a phoenix in a wider sense.
Back to top Go down
Brandubh94

Brandubh94

Country/State : Ireland

PostSubject: Re: Collection Review: Papo Phoenix    Collection Review: Papo Phoenix  EmptyThu Jun 29, 2023 3:48 am

Yknow I've only ever seen the white one in the catalogue, never in person. I'd love to own her too, she'd be like the ultimate fantasy creature model for me
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Collection Review: Papo Phoenix    Collection Review: Papo Phoenix  Empty

Back to top Go down

Collection Review: Papo Phoenix
Page 1 of 1