Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

1/32 scale animals second part

Go down 
+11
Jill
bjarki12
rogerpgvg
Leyster
Roger
bmathison1972
sunny
Kikimalou
Caracal
Taos
widukind
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16  Next
AuthorMessage
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

Country/State : Salt Lake City, UT

1/32 scale animals second part - Page 15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1/32 scale animals second part   1/32 scale animals second part - Page 15 EmptyWed Sep 25, 2024 1:21 pm

Not sure if this has been shown here yet or not, but the Safari Ltd. 2020 Concavenator has a body length of approx. 17 cm for a scale of 1:29-1:35.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Back to top Go down
rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: 1/32 scale animals second part   1/32 scale animals second part - Page 15 EmptyWed Sep 25, 2024 10:13 pm

No, the Concavenator hasn't appeared here yet. Very beautiful photo and scenery.

And thanks for the giraffes too. I recently got the Toymany giraffe set, which contains 4 1/32 scale giraffes.

rogerpgvg

PostSubject: Re: 1/32 scale animals second part   1/32 scale animals second part - Page 15 EmptySat Sep 28, 2024 4:24 pm

Finally, I can present the 1/32 figure of 2023 awards! I know, I know, 2023 was a long time ago. But it took a long time before all 2023 figures were available for me to buy and then I was too busy to take photos and write about it.

I found 13 new 1/32 models in 2023. That’s fewer than in previous years, but there are some good models among them. Let’s have a look. Today I will award third place. It goes to the Safari Ltd. American alligator from the Everglades toob.

American alligators are not uncommon in 1/32 scale. Safari made several for other toobs and there is also an American alligator in the 2022 CollectA Mini Reptiles and Amphibians box. I believe the new Safari is much better sculpted. Especially the flat head is very realistic. The dorsal side is painted in a pleasant-looking slightly silvery green, while the ventral side is unpainted. The painting is simple, but that is acceptable for an alligator.

Last edited by rogerpgvg on Sat Sep 28, 2024 7:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: 1/32 scale animals second part   1/32 scale animals second part - Page 15 EmptySat Sep 28, 2024 5:23 pm

bmathison1972 wrote:
Not sure if this has been shown here yet or not, but the Safari Ltd. 2020 Concavenator has a body length of approx. 17 cm for a scale of 1:29-1:35.

I still have a lot of problems with this reconstruction. Of course it's faithful to the skeleton and Doug Watson has done a great job, but I can't believe it, we're missing something to understand what this animal really looks like. It scratches me all the more because this is a European species and they are quite rare in the toy world.

rogerpgvg wrote:
Finally, I can present the 1/32 figure of 2023 awards! I know, I know, 2023 was a long time ago. But it took a long time before all 2023 figures were available for me to buy and then I was too busy to take photos and write about it.

I found 13 new 1/32 models in 2023. That’s fewer than in previous years, but there are some good models among them. Let’s have a look. Today I will award third place. It goes to the Safari Ltd. American crocodile from the Everglades toob.

American alligators are not uncommon in 1/32 scale. Safari made several for other toobs and there is also an American alligator in the 2022 CollectA Mini Reptiles and Amphibians box. I believe the new Safari is much better sculpted. Especially the flat head is very realistic. The dorsal side is painted in a pleasant-looking slightly silvery green, while the ventral side is unpainted. The painting is simple, but that is acceptable for an alligator.

A very nice alligator, that's why I was a bit confused because you first talked about the American croc. I love both and I really enjoyed the toob.
Back to top Go down
rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

PostSubject: Re: 1/32 scale animals second part   1/32 scale animals second part - Page 15 EmptySat Sep 28, 2024 7:35 pm

Thanks for pointing out the error. I have corrected it. The Everglades toob also contains an American crocodile, and I wasn't sure whether I should give 3rd prize to the gator or the croc. In the end, I gave it to the alligator because I prefer the colour, although American crocodiles are rarer in 1/32 scale. I think that caused my slip-up.

Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: 1/32 scale animals second part   1/32 scale animals second part - Page 15 EmptySat Sep 28, 2024 11:03 pm

American crocodiles are rarer in all scales. It's an animal rarely replicated. The American alligator is a much more iconic creature. Major brands don't have a single American crocodile figure at the illusive "standard scale". Though, Schleich, Safari, Papo, Mojö and CollectA have American alligators. Well, to be more accurate, I really don't know. We often assume all crocodile figures are Nile crocodiles but most of the time major brands haven't narrowed their identification to the species level.
However, that's an iteresting choice. I'm sure this year the winner will not be a fox. bounce

bmathison1972

PostSubject: Re: 1/32 scale animals second part   1/32 scale animals second part - Page 15 EmptySun Sep 29, 2024 1:27 pm

CollectA basking shark measures 22.0 cm for a scale of 1:31.8-1:69.1 based on a range of 700-1,520 cm (based on the Fishbase website). 700 meters is a common length and 1,520 is a maximum.

Back to top Go down
rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

PostSubject: Re: 1/32 scale animals second part   1/32 scale animals second part - Page 15 EmptyMon Sep 30, 2024 6:29 pm

The CollectA basking shark is a great model. It was second in the 1/32 figure of the year 2021 competition.

Let’s see who is second in 2023. I have chosen the Eikoh ostrich:

Ostriches aren’t as commonly made in 1/32 scale as you might think. We have the Britains models of course and there may be a few other vintage models, but few 1/32 scale ostriches have been made in more recent years. The Eikoh is well sculpted and very tidily painted with good shading. I like the fact that it stands up without base. Its feet and legs are a bit thicker than those of real ostriches, but not in a disturbing way. The plastic feels good too: The PVC is quite dense and not too rubbery. Both the plastic and painting distinguish it from lower quality tube models.

Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: 1/32 scale animals second part   1/32 scale animals second part - Page 15 EmptyMon Sep 30, 2024 6:41 pm

A surprising n°2 Shocked but after reading you I understand your choice.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: 1/32 scale animals second part   1/32 scale animals second part - Page 15 EmptyMon Sep 30, 2024 7:02 pm

That's an Eikoh figure with a typical major brand style, though, the thick legs give to it a slightly outdated look although not unpleasant. However, they couldn't make it stand propperly without a base with a more refined design. I love this democratic and unanimous awards. Laughing

rogerpgvg

PostSubject: Re: 1/32 scale animals second part   1/32 scale animals second part - Page 15 EmptyWed Oct 02, 2024 10:25 pm

Thanks, I appreciate it when people don't agree with my choice. It would be boring if we all had the same taste.

Understandably, the ostrich is not so pleased. Here is what he has to say:

If you think my legs and feet are thick, please come a little closer to me, then I can give you a much better feeling for why I need them Mad. I need large feet to stand up and to defend myself against unfair accusations by thick-legged humans Twisted Evil. All right, my legs could be a bit thinner, but it would be hard to lash out with my large feet if my legs were thin. And large feet with thin legs would look pretty odd, don't you think?

Have you seen the other 1/32 scale ostriches? None of them are as magnificent as I am. But be careful what you say about them, many have even larger feet than I have. And have you seen the other 1/32 animals from 2023? Poor light-weight creatures lacking detailed colouring, many of them crudely packed into toobs.

In any case, you can't judge me on the basis of a few poorly taken photos. It is impossible to appreciate my beauty without seeing me in real life and by coming a little closer to me Mad.

Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: 1/32 scale animals second part   1/32 scale animals second part - Page 15 EmptyWed Oct 02, 2024 10:57 pm

Laughing I accept the kick! affraid

rogerpgvg

PostSubject: Re: 1/32 scale animals second part   1/32 scale animals second part - Page 15 EmptyThu Oct 03, 2024 6:09 pm

And the 1/32 scale figure of 2023 is ...

The Eikoh lion! Based on photos I saw, I didn't expect to get very excited by another lion, but I was astonished when I received it. The details of this figure are quite remarkable, especially the way the face is sculpted and painted. Look at the sharp teeth, the superbly painted eyes, the skin folds in the nose, the perfectly defined lips. Of course remember that this is a small model.

The movement in the model is convincing and the mane hair closest to its face is pointing backward, giving the impression that the lion quickly moves its head forward. And I like the colour and the hair texturing on the body.

As we have come to expect from Eikoh, the plastic quality is high (heavier and a more pleasant-feeling texture than toob figures) and Eikoh's painting quality has always been good, but the painting of this model even surpasses the top Japanese brands. I am not always so keen on aggressive animal models, but without the open mouth, Eikoh wouldn't have been able to show off the quality of its painting and sculpting quite so well.

My only criticism is that the tail is slightly short, but it's a minor thing. Overall, I think it is the best 1/32 scale lion ever made.

Here is the lion with the other prize winners:

Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: 1/32 scale animals second part   1/32 scale animals second part - Page 15 EmptyThu Oct 03, 2024 8:00 pm

Congratulations to the winner... I wouldn't want to get angry with him! Very Happy
As for the ostrich, despite its muscular legs, it shouldn't make disparaging remarks about animals from toobs, especially when it's next to an alligator. affraid At least its legs will come in handy when it has to make a run! Laughing
The lion is fantastic, I'm so sorry I didn't get my hands on this set. Where did you get yours?
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: 1/32 scale animals second part   1/32 scale animals second part - Page 15 EmptyThu Oct 03, 2024 9:04 pm

I understand what you mean. The sculptor gave motion to the figure matching the body expression with the agressive pose. Contrarily to waht Schleich did some years ago wit their neat young lion which has a silly unexpressiveness.
Congratulations to the winner and thanks for bringing this award again to our community. cheers

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: 1/32 scale animals second part   1/32 scale animals second part - Page 15 EmptyThu Oct 03, 2024 9:51 pm

A really wonderful Lion!!! cheers cheers cheers

rogerpgvg

PostSubject: Re: 1/32 scale animals second part   1/32 scale animals second part - Page 15 EmptyFri Oct 04, 2024 6:52 pm

Thanks, everyone! Yes, the ostrich is getting a bit arrogant. Good that it didn't get first prize.

I got the Eikohs here. The seller adds figures now and then, so if your favourite model has sold out, you might want to ask the seller whether she still has any.

Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: 1/32 scale animals second part   1/32 scale animals second part - Page 15 EmptyFri Oct 04, 2024 9:34 pm

Thanks Very Happy I saw the link, alas no lion and no tiger Palmface
Back to top Go down
rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

PostSubject: Re: 1/32 scale animals second part   1/32 scale animals second part - Page 15 EmptyFri Oct 04, 2024 10:41 pm

I'd contact the seller. I wonder whether she is one of our Bulgarian forum members.

Caracal

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: 1/32 scale animals second part   1/32 scale animals second part - Page 15 EmptySat Oct 05, 2024 5:12 pm

Very beautiful lion model at this scale! cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: 1/32 scale animals second part   1/32 scale animals second part - Page 15 EmptySat Oct 05, 2024 8:31 pm

rogerpgvg wrote:
I'd contact the seller. I wonder whether she is one of our Bulgarian forum members.

Yes, she is Maria [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Wink

sunny

Country/State : uk

PostSubject: Re: 1/32 scale animals second part   1/32 scale animals second part - Page 15 EmptyMon Oct 07, 2024 3:15 am

3 very beautiful models Roger! Thank you for the presentation and line up!
I don't recall seeing any of these before but they are all fantastic models, love the details and the poses and painting!
Your collection really is amazing!!
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: 1/32 scale animals second part   1/32 scale animals second part - Page 15 EmptyMon Oct 07, 2024 1:35 pm

Roger wrote:
rogerpgvg wrote:

Yes, she is Maria [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Wink

Indeed I contacted her Wink Thanks Very Happy
Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

PostSubject: Re: 1/32 scale animals second part   1/32 scale animals second part - Page 15 EmptyWed Oct 09, 2024 1:14 pm

Not sure if this has been shown here. The 2010 Safari Ltd. Liopleurodon has a body length of 17.5 cm for a scale of roughly 1:27-1:46 based on a presumed body length of 4.8-8.0 meters for the actual animal.

Back to top Go down
rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

PostSubject: Re: 1/32 scale animals second part   1/32 scale animals second part - Page 15 EmptyFri Oct 11, 2024 6:54 pm

Thanks for the Liopleurodon!

Now that we know the 2023 prize winners, let’s do a few comparisons and (I am afraid we can’t escape it) talk about their size.

First, the Safari American alligator. I don’t want to do many comparisons because I did an [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] comparison a while ago. I just wanted to highlight that Safari has recently made quite a few crocodilians for its toobs:

From left to right, black caiman from South American Animals Toob, American crocodile from Everglades Toob, American alligator from Everglades Toob and gavial from Asian Animals Toob. In my non-expert opinion, all are very good sculpts. They are all 1/32 scale, mainly because crocodilians have a very wide size range. Males are usually larger than females and because crocodilians grow for most of their lives, they have a wide range even within each sex.

As I mentioned before, the Everglades toob contains two crocodilians, an American alligator and an American crocodile. I gave 3rd prize to the alligator because I find the colour of the crocodile less realistic. The lighter green makes it more obvious that it lacks shading. American crocodiles do have a lighter colour than American alligators though.

The American alligator is 11.0/352 cm long. This is pretty large for an American alligator (Woodward et al., 1995), although the largest American alligator to have been reliably measured was 450 cm (Brunell et al., 2015). The American crocodile is 11.1/355 cm. American crocodiles tend to be larger than American alligators, though there is a lot of overlap in size. I haven't tried to find out what the largest reliably measured American crocodile was, but a maximum size of 6-7 m is probably exaggerated. Rainwater et al. (2011) found adults in the range of 282–483 cm in Costa Rica, so the Safari should be fine for 1/32 scale.

PostSubject: Re: 1/32 scale animals second part   1/32 scale animals second part - Page 15 Empty

Back to top Go down

1/32 scale animals second part
Page 15 of 16Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16  Next