Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Thoughts-Schleich Bendable Riders

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Ponies and Paint

Ponies and Paint

Country/State : United States

Thoughts-Schleich Bendable Riders Empty
PostSubject: Thoughts-Schleich Bendable Riders   Thoughts-Schleich Bendable Riders EmptyThu Nov 23, 2023 5:54 pm

I'm curious to hear everyone's thoughts on the bendable riders, especially now that they have basically taken over the Schleich line and replaced the old riders. For me personally, I feel like they have their uses, but they will never be on the same level of realism as the old riders. The bendable riders never sit right in the saddle, and they look fake, like a mini Barbie. But then again, maybe others' on here have differing opinions. I'm curious to hear everyone's thoughts.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGmpQ1jSAGOKIAO2OggjmMA
a6point62

a6point62

Country/State : Denmark

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts-Schleich Bendable Riders   Thoughts-Schleich Bendable Riders EmptyFri Nov 24, 2023 8:23 am

Ponies and Paint wrote:
I'm curious to hear everyone's thoughts on the bendable riders, especially now that they have basically taken over the Schleich line and replaced the old riders. For me personally, I feel like they have their uses, but they will never be on the same level of realism as the old riders. The bendable riders never sit right in the saddle, and they look fake, like a mini Barbie. But then again, maybe others' on here have differing opinions. I'm curious to hear everyone's thoughts.
Well, the quality is to low. The plastic is to hard, and they break way to easy.
I do like that you can actually mix and match, (change hip legs, arms and head).
It is also easy to fit a rider on different size horses.

But yeah the old ones are still preferred in realism, paint and doesnt break unless chewed Razz

Michelle

Michelle

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts-Schleich Bendable Riders   Thoughts-Schleich Bendable Riders EmptySun Dec 17, 2023 10:55 pm

I bought a couple, but you're right they don't sit right. For me, I prefer Mattel Jurassic World people. Those don't sit in the rubber saddles very well though, but I've started making my own tack so that's not a big deal for me.
Back to top Go down
Ponies and Paint

Ponies and Paint

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts-Schleich Bendable Riders   Thoughts-Schleich Bendable Riders EmptyThu Dec 21, 2023 6:00 pm

Yeah, I've had a lot of issues with getting them to sit upright in the saddle. They do work great for jumping though...(but seriously, I am frustrated with Schleich's dip in quality regarding their riders)

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGmpQ1jSAGOKIAO2OggjmMA
Katy Leven

Katy Leven

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts-Schleich Bendable Riders   Thoughts-Schleich Bendable Riders EmptySun Dec 24, 2023 10:01 am

I have also mixed feelings on them.
It is quite bothering that they can't sit properly on their horses.
But for storytelling they are a bit better than the older ones. I really like the fact that one can exchange their hair and legs to create different characters and that way one can use the older ones sitting on the horses and the new ones to represent other activities.
And just a plus point the newer ones have from my personal view: the faces. To me they look so much better than the older faces, they finally look more like humans and don't have strange facial expressions due to being mispainted.
But I still don't know if I like the new ones or the older ones better. Every type has it's own advantages and disadvantages.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts-Schleich Bendable Riders   Thoughts-Schleich Bendable Riders Empty

Back to top Go down

Thoughts-Schleich Bendable Riders
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
STS Forum  :: Animal toy figures reviews and discussions :: Major brands :: Schleich-
Jump to: