Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Sheep breed comparison

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Taos

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

Sheep breed comparison Empty
PostSubject: Sheep breed comparison   Sheep breed comparison EmptyTue Dec 26, 2023 9:23 pm

Here is the Romney Marsh sheep with various other breeds by different companies.[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
And some generic white rams-I'm sure they must represent the sheep of their country of manufacture but its hard to be sure.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Sheep breed comparison   Sheep breed comparison EmptyTue Dec 26, 2023 9:56 pm

Very interesting. Whilst most of the sheep has no breed assigned, it is clear that there is a tendency for brands to make sheep figures after breeds. Maybe it is time to open sheep breed pages on TAW? We already do it for horses, dogs, pigs, cats, etc.
Just checking those which have the breed name I can already open pages for these:
Charolais sheep
Jacob sheep
Merino (breeds)
Romney sheep
Scottish Blackface
Shropshire sheep
Suffolk sheep
Valais Blacknose
Welsh Mountain sheep

I can also add a page for black sheep like we do for black panthers just because it represents a specific product even if it is not a breed.

Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Sheep breed comparison   Sheep breed comparison EmptyTue Dec 26, 2023 10:23 pm

What breed do you assign to the red eyed one in the first photo? Lovely flock!

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
sunny

sunny

Country/State : uk

PostSubject: Re: Sheep breed comparison   Sheep breed comparison EmptyWed Dec 27, 2023 3:44 am

Taos wrote:

it looks like a Border Leicester sheep to me Paige, with their beautiful short bunny ears

Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Sheep breed comparison   Sheep breed comparison EmptyWed Dec 27, 2023 10:04 am

cheers cheers cheers

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Taos

Taos

PostSubject: Re: Sheep breed comparison   Sheep breed comparison EmptyThu Dec 28, 2023 3:54 pm

Yes Sunny,you are right with Border Leicester. Smile
I would agree with you Roger-the only one's I'm unsure of are the Charolais and the Welsh Mountain.
Papo made this sheep which could be a Charolais

Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Sheep breed comparison   Sheep breed comparison EmptyThu Dec 28, 2023 4:36 pm

I opened today 11 new pages for sheep breeds, it is still missing the Merino type and I might open a subsection for black sheep. Probably I will open a dedicated topic where we can discuss it. The goal is not to find breeds for every sheep figure because more than 90% of the figures are just marketed as generic sheep, though, I hope to get the help of some members to find breeds for those which are obvious which is something I can't tell.
Now after horse, dog, cat pig and even rabbits, sheep also have a breeds category:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Taos

PostSubject: Re: Sheep breed comparison   Sheep breed comparison EmptyThu Dec 28, 2023 5:16 pm

That's great.I now realised I have that Charolais and the Welsh by Britains and some other breeds as well.I will have a look at mine at the weekend upload the photos.

Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Sheep breed comparison   Sheep breed comparison EmptyFri Dec 29, 2023 12:43 pm

Great Taylor! I opened a topic for sheep breed discussion [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Obviously you can continue sharing your sheep comparisons here but tthat topic will help me to sort things.

PostSubject: Re: Sheep breed comparison   Sheep breed comparison Empty

Back to top Go down

Sheep breed comparison
Page 1 of 1