Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Sheep - which is best of breed?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Wilorvise

Wilorvise

Country/State : Colorado, USA

Sheep - which is best of breed? Empty
PostSubject: Sheep - which is best of breed?   Sheep - which is best of breed? EmptyWed Aug 27, 2014 6:44 pm

I was just curious, I know people usually have their favorite:

Which would you consider the best sheep (plural) between Schliech, Papo, Mojo Fun, Bullyland or other?

And WHY you like their sheep, please. I'm going for the best combo of accuracy and aesthetic appeal.

I plan to use what I get as toys, not simply adorable decorations. Ewes, lambs, rams...

(If other, preferably easily available in USA and durable since my collect is also my little ones' zoo [ages 1 and 3]. And I'd rather not have them break if I do not see them on the floor. )

Comparison pictures welcome.

sunny

Thank you in advance.

-Laura
Back to top Go down
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: Sheep - which is best of breed?   Sheep - which is best of breed? EmptyWed Aug 27, 2014 7:01 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] is our sheep SUY topic, I suggest you look through there and find the one you like best. cheers

Wilorvise

Country/State : Colorado, USA

PostSubject: Re: Sheep - which is best of breed?   Sheep - which is best of breed? EmptyWed Aug 27, 2014 7:02 pm

Thanks. I somehow missed that :)

Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Sheep - which is best of breed?   Sheep - which is best of breed? EmptyWed Aug 27, 2014 7:06 pm

My favorites are the black-face sheep from Mojo, - Bullyland has made some lovely ones also Wink

Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Sheep - which is best of breed?   Sheep - which is best of breed? EmptyWed Aug 27, 2014 7:48 pm

My favorite, without any doubts, is also the Mojo black-faced sheep family, mainly ram. Very Happy
First they are very beautiful figures, nobody can say that they're not appealing. Wink
Then, they are based on real breeds, though, there is some curious points here.
The ram is a Swale Dale, notice the option for a simplified set of horns to prevent them from pointing outwards, thus risking being not suitable in terms of child safety.
The other interesting fact is that the ewe is a black-faced ewe instead of a Swale Dale. Why? Swale Dale ewes have horns and could be easily misidentified as rams and in this kind of figures it is important to accentuate sexual dimorphism. Very Happy
OK, lambs are mixed breed! Laughing
There are other nice sheep figures but they are often quite generic, however, there is a tendency to make them epresent specific breeds.
Please check below Alejandro's pictures. Very Happy

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Bloodrayne

Country/State : Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Sheep - which is best of breed?   Sheep - which is best of breed? EmptySat Aug 30, 2014 7:47 pm

Both Swaledale ewes and Blackfaced ewes have horns. study
They're hip too!

The favourites in my collection are the Mojo blackfaced ram,
Schleich's newest ram and ewe and the Shropshire ewe from Schleich.
To me, they are the most detailed and nicely painted sheep.

Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Sheep - which is best of breed?   Sheep - which is best of breed? EmptySat Aug 30, 2014 8:54 pm

Bloodrayne wrote:
Both Swaledale ewes and Blackfaced ewes have horns. study
They're hip too!

The favourites in my collection are the Mojo blackfaced ram,
Schleich's newest ram and ewe and the Shropshire ewe from Schleich.
To me, they are the most detailed and nicely painted sheep.

Simone, you're right. I should say it was based in a black-faced sheep but made without horns to be more recognizable as an ewe. I should check it before writing. geek

Bloodrayne

PostSubject: Re: Sheep - which is best of breed?   Sheep - which is best of breed? EmptySat Aug 30, 2014 9:07 pm

No problems Mr. Croc.
I never knew ewes could have horns at all, until I read this book about a woman being attacked by a Blackfaced ewe with lamb.
We, the common folk, like our ewes without horns.
So we can tell it's a ram.
If life was just that simple.

Mother Nature likes to play games with us! sunny

Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Sheep - which is best of breed?   Sheep - which is best of breed? EmptySat Aug 30, 2014 10:05 pm

Bloodrayne wrote:
No problems Mr. Croc.
I never knew ewes could have horns at all, until I read this book about a woman being attacked by a Blackfaced ewe with lamb.

Very Happy Ewe was surely protecting her lamb, I hope woman wasn't seriously injured?. Very Happy I also learned that some breeds of sheep have horned ewes when I've spent some holidays in the mountains far from my homeland. I was used to see ewes without horns when suddenly I've found in the middle of the mountains what I thought it was a flock of rams! Laughing :geek flower

Bloodrayne

PostSubject: Re: Sheep - which is best of breed?   Sheep - which is best of breed? EmptySat Aug 30, 2014 10:49 pm

Roger wrote:
Bloodrayne wrote:
No problems Mr. Croc.

Very Happy Ewe was surely protecting her lamb, I hope woman wasn't seriously injured?. Very Happy I also learned that some breeds of sheep have horned ewes when I've spent some holidays in the mountains far from my homeland. I was used to see ewes without horns when suddenly I've found in the middle of the mountains what I thought it was a flock of rams! Laughing :geek flower

The woman was saved by her Border Collie, who came to her rescue.
(True story! The book I'm talking about is: "The other end of the leash" written by Patrica McConnell.)

I guess the moral of this story is:

"Hell has no fury than a woman scorned" or
"You can never trust a woman." or
"Women can be rendeer ".

Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Sheep - which is best of breed?   Sheep - which is best of breed? EmptySun Aug 31, 2014 12:02 am

Bloodrayne wrote:

The woman was saved by her Border Collie, who came to her rescue.
(True story! The book I'm talking about is: "The other end of the leash" written by Patrica McConnell.)

I guess the moral of this story is:

"Hell has no fury than a woman scorned" or
"You can never trust a woman." or
"Women can be   rendeer ".

Laughing Laughing Wink

PostSubject: Re: Sheep - which is best of breed?   Sheep - which is best of breed? Empty

Back to top Go down

Sheep - which is best of breed?
Page 1 of 1