Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Stargo Dogs

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Jill

Jill

Country/State : USA

Stargo Dogs  Empty
PostSubject: Stargo Dogs    Stargo Dogs  EmptyWed Jan 03, 2024 12:35 am

EDIT: Alright, since it turned out there wasn't a separate thread for these already, I thought I'd turn this into one! These photos can be used for TAW if needed, I couldn't find them on there but not sure if Stargo is brand on its own or what.

I like the whole set, in general they did a really good job, but some are definitely better than others. It's cool to see some rarely represented breeds along with the more common ones. I have listed them here in order of my personal ranking of favorite to less favorite.

Here is the breed chart they come with. Not sure why they called it a German Border Collie instead of German Shepherd. Also, as I mentioned in the original post, the Golden Retriever is not a match for the mold they used, which is unfortunate. I also wish they had chosen a color for the Akita that made it look less like a Shiba Inu. Akitas come in that color of course, but it would have been neat to see a model in a different color, since Shibas are more represented. It also looks more like a Shiba to me in build! The other thing that I can't quit get over it how pointed they made the noses on the lab and the boxer.  Laughing All in all though, really happy with this set! For the price, it's a fun assortment of pretty well sculpted breeds.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Irish Wolfhound

Belgian Malinois

Schnauzer

Weimaraner

Akita

Greyhound

German Shepherd

Springer Spaniel

Boxer

Labrador

Dalmatian

Golden Retriever

--

Original post:

Okay, I swear there was a thread for these already! I thought Paige made a post about them, but maybe it was just within another thread and I saw them there?? I searched and searched, but if this needs to be part of a larger thread, please link me to it! Apologies!

I had put off buying the Stargo dogs for one reason or another, and then they were out of stock on Amazon for months and months until I decided they must have retired them or something. I was a bit bummed since they also didn't seem to be showing up on ebay or anything, but then all of a sudden they came back in stock so this time I went ahead and got them before they could get away. They're pretty cool, I feel like they have been covered elsewhere (but if not I am happy to get photos), but my main question is--anyone else with this set, does your Golden Retriever have the wrong head? Laughing  I assume they all do and that the photo on the box was a prototype or something, but it's a bummer because the head on the model is not a Golden head at all. It's more like a Pointer or Setter maybe. Also the mouth is open instead of closed and in general the head is just too small for the body. Anyway, not a big deal, just curious! Maybe something happened to the original mold and they had an unused pointer head or something, haha.

Last edited by Jill on Mon Jan 22, 2024 1:31 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

Stargo Dogs  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stargo Dogs    Stargo Dogs  EmptyWed Jan 03, 2024 7:03 am

A interesting figure

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

Stargo Dogs  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stargo Dogs    Stargo Dogs  EmptyWed Jan 03, 2024 9:27 am

Is it related with [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]?
I think that is a multifunctional mold and I wouldn't be surprised to see a Red Irish Setter made on it.

Jill

Stargo Dogs  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stargo Dogs    Stargo Dogs  EmptyWed Jan 03, 2024 5:26 pm

Roger wrote:
Is it related with [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]?
I think that is a multifunctional mold and I wouldn't be surprised to see a Red Irish Setter made on it.
You're right, that is the same mold. So I guess the one on the box is something else altogether! Too bad since it's nicer.
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Stargo Dogs  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stargo Dogs    Stargo Dogs  EmptyWed Jan 03, 2024 6:21 pm

Yeah its a weird model for sure! But the others in the set are pretty nice
Juat too bad the one pictured isn't the retriever included.

I don't think I made my own topic, I think they were just discussed in my new additions thread. scratch

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Jill

Jill

Stargo Dogs  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stargo Dogs    Stargo Dogs  EmptyWed Jan 03, 2024 8:05 pm

Saarlooswolfhound wrote:
Yeah its a weird model for sure! But the others in the set are pretty nice
Juat too bad the one pictured isn't the retriever included.
Yes, the rest of the set I like a lot. I don't mind the weird golden either, he will still have a place on the shelf, despite his tiny weird head. Laughing

Quote :
I don't think I made my own topic, I think they were just discussed in my new additions thread. scratch
Oh that was probably what I am remembering, yes! I knew I'd seen you talk about them because that was how I found out about them. Maybe I will put some pictures here, too, so they have their own thread.
Back to top Go down
Jill

Jill

Stargo Dogs  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stargo Dogs    Stargo Dogs  EmptyMon Jan 22, 2024 1:30 am

Okay I added pictures of the set and just made this a thread for the whole collection, for ease. :)
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Stargo Dogs  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stargo Dogs    Stargo Dogs  EmptyMon Jan 22, 2024 2:17 am

Excellent Jill! It is indeed a nice set of dogs. I have kept my retreiver too but am mulling over repainting it if I can fimd a breed that may fit it better. Definitely not a golden (show, working, or pet body type!).

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Jill

Jill

Stargo Dogs  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stargo Dogs    Stargo Dogs  EmptyWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm

I can't find a perfect match for the shape, either. The head and ears says pointer but the coat says setter. If you ever find a good match, let me know!
Back to top Go down
Taos

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

Stargo Dogs  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stargo Dogs    Stargo Dogs  EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:48 pm

Wonderful set of dogs!I have just checked and I have the GSD from this set! Smile I had it marked as a made in china model.

Stargo Dogs  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stargo Dogs    Stargo Dogs  Empty

Back to top Go down

Stargo Dogs
Page 1 of 1