Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Brand Identification topic

Go down 
+25
AlienMantis
lucky luke
Leoo Past
Shanti
durzon
pipsxlch
Stripedhyena
Babdo
75senta75
Saarlooswolfhound
jarda
Taos
Virtem
Joliezac
Roger
bmathison1972
Jill
Balaenoptera
landrover
Caracal
Kikimalou
rogerpgvg
widukind
Chris Sweetman
sunny
29 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
Jill

Jill

Country/State : USA

Brand Identification topic - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic - Page 9 EmptySun Mar 17, 2024 2:37 pm

I bought these new in package from eBay but I can't locate any sign of who made them (or rather, I can't read the card to know if it says!). There is nothing stamped on them at all, not even a 'Made in China' or anything. Are they knock-offs of a major brand? Are they just "Chinamals"? I really like them a lot and couldn't find anything similar on TAW, but I'm curious if anyone knows.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
landrover

landrover

Country/State : colombia

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic - Page 9 EmptySun Mar 17, 2024 6:17 pm

Congratulations, nice figures. cheers cheers

Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic - Page 9 EmptySun Mar 17, 2024 7:15 pm

Well the foal is heavily inspired by the last Mojo zebra foal and the mare is heavily inspired by the last Schleich zebra.

Animal kingdom is a trademark used by a Chinese manufacturer to sell some very well made copies of well known models from Western or Japanese toy makers. I know a few birds copied from Kaiyodo, Papo and CollectA models like these ones

Back to top Go down
Jill

Jill

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic - Page 9 EmptySun Mar 17, 2024 7:24 pm

Cool, thank you! :) I was surprised to find such nice figures as an “off” brand but that makes sense.
Back to top Go down
sunny

sunny

Country/State : uk

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic - Page 9 EmptyMon Mar 18, 2024 8:52 pm

Jill wrote:
I bought these new in package from eBay but I can't locate any sign of who made them (or rather, I can't read the card to know if it says!). There is nothing stamped on them at all, not even a 'Made in China' or anything. Are they knock-offs of a major brand? Are they just "Chinamals"? I really like them a lot and couldn't find anything similar on TAW, but I'm curious if anyone knows.

Congratulations Jill on getting such a very pretty mum and foal! I love this set.

The animal kingdom models are pretty well made.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic - Page 9 EmptyTue Mar 19, 2024 10:47 am

This is exactly what Kiki indicated. Another very similar label is "Animal Paradise". However, although I don't agree with this type of business, I have to recognize that the fact they copied molds from two different brands and turned them into quaggas is something that at least shows some intellectual effort in developing a product. I, who can't even repaint a figure, can find some interest in these figures even though I would obviously prefer the molds to be original.
On the label, you can read some information not always common in this type of product, from safety and cleaning instructions to even the name of the factory where it was produced, which is the Toy Factory of Guanglin.

Shanti

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic - Page 9 EmptyTue Mar 19, 2024 2:14 pm

What a lovely pair!
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic - Page 9 EmptyTue Mar 19, 2024 5:47 pm

Kikimalou wrote:
Well the foal is heavily inspired by the last Mojo zebra foal and the mare is heavily inspired by the last Schleich zebra.

Animal kingdom is a trademark used by a Chinese manufacturer to sell some very well made copies of well known models from Western or Japanese toy makers. I know a few birds copied from Kaiyodo, Papo and CollectA models like these ones

I hope to find the cuckoo

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic - Page 9 EmptyTue Mar 19, 2024 8:47 pm

I have it Wink
Back to top Go down
Taos

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic - Page 9 EmptyTue Mar 19, 2024 8:49 pm

Nice Quaggas!! cheers cheers cheers

Stripedhyena

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic - Page 9 EmptySat Mar 23, 2024 9:24 am

Vintage, unmarked, hard plastic and Britains scale... Any ideas?
Back to top Go down
lucky luke

lucky luke

Country/State : FRANCE Saint-Louis

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic - Page 9 EmptySat Mar 23, 2024 9:54 am

Kikimalou wrote:
I have it Wink

Me too Wink sunny

Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic - Page 9 EmptySat Mar 23, 2024 11:19 am

Stripedhyena wrote:
Vintage, unmarked, hard plastic and Britains scale... Any ideas?

Sorry no scratch
Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic - Page 9 EmptySat Mar 23, 2024 12:33 pm

Shocked never seen before..
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic - Page 9 EmptyMon Mar 25, 2024 5:57 pm

No idea about the bear

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Babdo

Babdo

Country/State : Deutschland

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic - Page 9 EmptySat Mar 30, 2024 12:27 am

Hello,
does anybody know something about this figures?
I buyed it as old french circus figures but some of them are marked with JAPAN.
The material seems to be porzellan.
Thank you for any hint.
Benno.[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic - Page 9 EmptySat Mar 30, 2024 7:07 am

They're not toys, they're beans. These objects are intended to be incorporated into the cakes we call "galette des rois", which we eat on Epiphany. The bean is hidden in the cake, and whoever finds it is declared king of the evening.
Back to top Go down
Stripedhyena

Stripedhyena

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic - Page 9 EmptyTue Apr 02, 2024 7:45 pm

A couple of oldies... Any idea?
Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic - Page 9 EmptyTue Apr 02, 2024 8:17 pm

The bison is from Clairet. :)
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic - Page 9 EmptyTue Apr 02, 2024 8:33 pm

Caracal wrote:

I think it is a Cofalu "Clairet".
Back to top Go down
Stripedhyena

Stripedhyena

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic - Page 9 EmptyTue Apr 02, 2024 10:16 pm

Thanks to both!
Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic - Page 9 EmptyWed Apr 03, 2024 2:59 pm

Kikimalou wrote:
Caracal wrote:

I think it is a Cofalu "Clairet".

You're right, I had not seen the ejection spot on the shoulder and if I had not checked on mine I would never have found it! Very Happy  So it's a Cofalu on Clairet mold. No idea for the leopard? I checked on SP 1/32, I did not found him.
Back to top Go down
Stripedhyena

Stripedhyena

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic - Page 9 EmptySat Apr 13, 2024 11:21 am

Does anyone know where this collection comes from and what is the complete list of animals included? They look like "Bone" style figures in plastic version?

The same with this collection of the German brand "Wentoys".... Does anyone know the complete list of figures that make up the collection?

And finally... Years ago I came across this buffalo (which looks handmade) in a lot of compo figures (Elastolin, Lineol and Pfeiffer). With time I was able to rule out that it was a Kerapolin model... Can anyone give a clue?

PD: A few unknown misc (to me), if anyone knows anything, I'd appreciate it.

Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic - Page 9 EmptySun Apr 14, 2024 6:21 pm

Could the birds of America made by Bachmann?

Back to top Go down
Stripedhyena

Stripedhyena

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic - Page 9 EmptyThu Apr 18, 2024 10:32 pm

From France and made of hard plastic.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic - Page 9 Empty

Back to top Go down

Brand Identification topic
Page 9 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next