Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Magellanic and Humboldt penguins custom repaints

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Spoonbill

Country/State : France

Magellanic and Humboldt penguins custom repaints Empty
PostSubject: Magellanic and Humboldt penguins custom repaints   Magellanic and Humboldt penguins custom repaints EmptyWed Jan 17, 2024 8:36 pm

Hi,

Here are my custom repaints of the Papo and Toymany African penguins, respectively as Humboldt and Magellanic penguins.

I use the CollectA and Schleich models as African penguins.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Magellanic and Humboldt penguins custom repaints   Magellanic and Humboldt penguins custom repaints EmptyWed Jan 17, 2024 8:50 pm

That's an excellent idea and something that is not as complex to do. We need more research than colors. Wink
Fortunately, I have the Colorata Magellanic at this scale, I love my Maia & Borges but it is too big to be displayed with the others. Magellanic is in my opinion the most beautiful of the banded penguins with the pair of stripes. So, I don't understand why it is much rarer than the African penguin. ToyMany as be far the coolest pose and it was a good choice. Out of curiousity, why did you choose the Papo for a Humboldt? I also suspect you avoided the Safari due to its size. Will you share a picture of all four together?
Great job!

PostSubject: Re: Magellanic and Humboldt penguins custom repaints   Magellanic and Humboldt penguins custom repaints EmptyWed Jan 17, 2024 9:04 pm

I chose the Toymany for Magellanic because it's the chubbiest of the three and Magellanic penguin is the biggest of the Spheniscus. I chose Papo as Humboldt because it has the strongest bill and looks quite bulky which are rather Humboldt features. The Toymany had very few spots on the belly and the Papo not so many as the CollectA and Schleich which was also convenient (less to cover with white).

I cannot take a group shot I don't have all of them with me, only the Humboldt.

Magellanic penguins are never seen in zoos unlike African and Humboldt penguins that are common, maybe that's an explanation why it's rarer in figure form.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Magellanic and Humboldt penguins custom repaints   Magellanic and Humboldt penguins custom repaints EmptyWed Jan 17, 2024 10:34 pm

Don't worry about the photo and thanks for your explanations. They all make sense to me. :)

PostSubject: Re: Magellanic and Humboldt penguins custom repaints   Magellanic and Humboldt penguins custom repaints EmptyMon Jan 22, 2024 12:05 am

My mother took a picture for me
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Magellanic and Humboldt penguins custom repaints   Magellanic and Humboldt penguins custom repaints EmptyMon Jan 22, 2024 12:10 am

A big thanks to your Mother. Very useful picture, we can even compare the facial layouts. flower

lucky luke

Country/State : FRANCE Saint-Louis

PostSubject: Re: Magellanic and Humboldt penguins custom repaints   Magellanic and Humboldt penguins custom repaints EmptyFri Apr 05, 2024 11:39 am

Very Happy Applause cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Magellanic and Humboldt penguins custom repaints   Magellanic and Humboldt penguins custom repaints Empty

Back to top Go down

Magellanic and Humboldt penguins custom repaints
Page 1 of 1