Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Charolais cattle!

Go down 
+18
Shanti
Tupolew Tu-154
Bowhead Whale
Bloodrayne
lucky luke
Sergey
Nasreddin
Jill
Saien
landrover
Taos
Roger
Caracal
Kikimalou
rogerpgvg
Joliezac
Saarlooswolfhound
widukind
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Charolais cattle!  - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Charolais cattle!    The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Charolais cattle!  - Page 9 EmptyThu May 23, 2024 10:10 pm

Nice Kākāriki tribe Very Happy I wonder what mean Kikimalou in Maori Laughing
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Charolais cattle!    The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Charolais cattle!  - Page 9 EmptyFri May 24, 2024 6:36 am

Thank you friends.

Christophe, if I remember the definitions of your screen name, your name would be something along the lines of "Kiki taku aroha" (if my memory serves and if you can trust Google translate What a Face)

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
lucky luke

lucky luke

Country/State : FRANCE Saint-Louis

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Charolais cattle!    The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Charolais cattle!  - Page 9 EmptyFri May 24, 2024 8:09 am

widukind wrote:
I like parrots
Oh me too ! Very Happy
so many colors of diversity
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Charolais cattle!    The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Charolais cattle!  - Page 9 EmptyFri May 24, 2024 3:52 pm

Budgies! 

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

These guys historically have gone by a few names; canary parrot, shell parrot, zebra parrot, warbling grass parakeet, and undulated parakeet. Budgies originally were green and yellow. A yellow morph was developed with captive breeding, but the first blue wasn't developed until 1878! Lastly, there are now 2 known types: the Australian (closer to its wild ancestors in physique) and the English (slightly larger bodied and bred specifically for the pet trade).

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Charolais cattle!    The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Charolais cattle!  - Page 9 EmptyFri May 24, 2024 4:34 pm

cheers cheers

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Charolais cattle!    The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Charolais cattle!  - Page 9 EmptyFri May 24, 2024 5:50 pm

I chose to have one, a green one to be sure it is a wils species Wink

Beautiful blue pic as usual cheers
Back to top Go down
Taos

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Charolais cattle!    The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Charolais cattle!  - Page 9 EmptySat May 25, 2024 6:02 pm

cheers cheers cheers cheers

Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Charolais cattle!    The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Charolais cattle!  - Page 9 EmptyTue May 28, 2024 3:54 pm

Thank you everyone! 

For us in the states it was a holiday weekend, and a very nice break for me. :) Anyway, white storks! 

These guys can live to be 50 in captivity, but the oldest recorded wild bird got to be 39! This species features prominently in many mythologies where they are found in the world. And lastly, they appear on roughly 120 stamps for a out 60 different postal organizations!

Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Charolais cattle!    The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Charolais cattle!  - Page 9 EmptyTue May 28, 2024 6:08 pm

cheers cheers

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Taos

Taos

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Charolais cattle!    The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Charolais cattle!  - Page 9 EmptyTue May 28, 2024 9:24 pm

cheers cheers cheers

Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Charolais cattle!    The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Charolais cattle!  - Page 9 EmptyTue May 28, 2024 9:41 pm

Nice flock, those storks, even well known, are not easy to be reproduced in miniature !
Back to top Go down
rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Charolais cattle!    The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Charolais cattle!  - Page 9 EmptyTue May 28, 2024 10:01 pm

Beautiful collection! How would we get babies without them? Interesting to see that you have classified the Nayabs as storks.

Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Charolais cattle!    The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Charolais cattle!  - Page 9 EmptyWed May 29, 2024 4:55 pm

Thank you everyone! 

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], the ID of this bird has been discussed for a long time, and for ne there isn't any one species choice better than another. These two will likely end up as repaint projects eventually!

More water birds.

Scarlet ibises are born black and develop their red feathers around 18 months old. Chicks can also swim long before they learn to fly! This bird is featured on the Trinidad's 1$ bill.

Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Charolais cattle!    The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Charolais cattle!  - Page 9 EmptyWed May 29, 2024 5:13 pm

I'm missing the Safari Ltd Roseate spoonbill and it seems you are missing the Papo Wink
Back to top Go down
Joliezac

Joliezac

Country/State : New Jersey, USA

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Charolais cattle!    The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Charolais cattle!  - Page 9 EmptyWed May 29, 2024 6:00 pm

Beautiful wading birds! The rosette spoonbill is one of my favorite figures. I’m so exciting to get Papo’s scarlet ibis!

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
https://joliezacc9d79.myportfolio.com/
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Charolais cattle!    The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Charolais cattle!  - Page 9 EmptyWed May 29, 2024 6:32 pm

Wonderful figures

Back to top Go down
landrover

landrover

Country/State : colombia

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Charolais cattle!    The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Charolais cattle!  - Page 9 EmptyThu May 30, 2024 2:49 am

Nice birds, again. cheers cheers cheers
My favorite is the Black-faced spoonbill standing , by Collecta.

Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Charolais cattle!    The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Charolais cattle!  - Page 9 EmptyThu May 30, 2024 4:56 am

Thank you everyone! The papo will join the flock sometime, when the time is right. Wink

Woodpeckers!
Pileated woodpeckers have very large nesting holes that they make, and thus are known to snap telephone poles if they choose it to nest in one! They nearly went extinct in the 19th century, but due to protections they now number 2.6 million birds! They are distinguished from other woodpecker species by drilling slowly at first, speeding up, and then trailing off at the end (other species are more consistent in speed).

Back to top Go down
Joliezac

Joliezac

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Charolais cattle!    The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Charolais cattle!  - Page 9 EmptyThu May 30, 2024 5:08 am

Beautiful woodpeckers! I remember being awestruck from CollectA's woodpecker when I first heard about the brand. The Bullyland one is very charming!

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Charolais cattle!    The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Charolais cattle!  - Page 9 EmptyThu May 30, 2024 5:21 am

Nice woodpeckers.

Back to top Go down
Taos

Taos

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Charolais cattle!    The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Charolais cattle!  - Page 9 EmptyThu May 30, 2024 4:41 pm

Great selection,especially the Black woodpecker. cheers cheers cheers

lucky luke

Country/State : FRANCE Saint-Louis

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Charolais cattle!    The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Charolais cattle!  - Page 9 EmptyThu May 30, 2024 5:35 pm

Very Happy cheers Applause
Back to top Go down
rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Charolais cattle!    The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Charolais cattle!  - Page 9 EmptyThu May 30, 2024 10:28 pm

I can't keep up! Thank you. If it can be a stork for you, then I am sure it is fine for me too Very Happy. Beautiful selection of woodpeckers. I especially like the top right one (Kaiyodo?)

Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Charolais cattle!    The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Charolais cattle!  - Page 9 EmptyFri May 31, 2024 4:32 am

Thank you everyone! @ Roger, yes that's a Kaiyodo.

Toucans!

Their tongues are 6 inches long! Even today, we aren't 100% sure what their bill is for. Lastly, I learned a new term; they are monomorphic (meaning that both males and females are colored/patterned the same, cannot be differentiated by phenotype alone).

Back to top Go down
Joliezac

Joliezac

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Charolais cattle!    The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Charolais cattle!  - Page 9 EmptyFri May 31, 2024 5:24 am

Colorful toucans! The Bullyland models are gorgeous. I just wish they were smaller

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Charolais cattle!    The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Charolais cattle!  - Page 9 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Charolais cattle!
Page 9 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next