Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Charolais cattle!

Go down 
+18
Shanti
Tupolew Tu-154
Bowhead Whale
Bloodrayne
lucky luke
Sergey
Nasreddin
Jill
Saien
landrover
Taos
Roger
Caracal
Kikimalou
rogerpgvg
Joliezac
Saarlooswolfhound
widukind
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Charolais cattle!  - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Charolais cattle!    The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Charolais cattle!  - Page 10 EmptyFri May 31, 2024 8:16 am

Beautiful toucans, especially the 2 repainted figures

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Taos

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Charolais cattle!    The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Charolais cattle!  - Page 10 EmptySat Jun 01, 2024 4:54 pm

cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers

Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Charolais cattle!    The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Charolais cattle!  - Page 10 EmptySat Jun 01, 2024 6:05 pm

Fantastic aviary Paige, I wish I have enough free time and energy to repaint a few toucans too Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Charolais cattle!    The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Charolais cattle!  - Page 10 EmptyMon Jun 03, 2024 3:51 pm

Thank you everyone!

And now we start penguins!
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Emperors are the deepest diving birds; 565 meters deep for up to 32 minutes. And we all have seen how they shoot out of the water! Apparently this is because they fill their feather gaps with air gaps which allows for some bouyancy; this is what gives them a boost when returning to the surface.

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Joliezac

Joliezac

Country/State : New Jersey, USA

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Charolais cattle!    The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Charolais cattle!  - Page 10 EmptyMon Jun 03, 2024 4:12 pm

A beautiful colony!

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
https://joliezacc9d79.myportfolio.com/
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Charolais cattle!    The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Charolais cattle!  - Page 10 EmptyMon Jun 03, 2024 6:41 pm

Very nice

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Charolais cattle!    The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Charolais cattle!  - Page 10 EmptyTue Jun 04, 2024 6:00 am

Thank you both. :)

Mixed penguins!

Yellow-eyed penguins (also called a hoiho by the maori) are some of the tallest out there at 22-31 inches! They are also believed to be some of the oldest penguin species still extant. Penguins as a group evolved about 62 million years ago; this species is the last of its genus, and its population has decreased some 60% since 1996.

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Charolais cattle!    The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Charolais cattle!  - Page 10 EmptyTue Jun 04, 2024 9:42 am

So many nice Penguins

Back to top Go down
lucky luke

lucky luke

Country/State : FRANCE Saint-Louis

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Charolais cattle!    The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Charolais cattle!  - Page 10 EmptyTue Jun 04, 2024 5:37 pm

Very Happy Applause cheers
Back to top Go down
Joliezac

Joliezac

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Charolais cattle!    The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Charolais cattle!  - Page 10 EmptyTue Jun 04, 2024 5:57 pm

Lovely penguins!

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Charolais cattle!    The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Charolais cattle!  - Page 10 EmptyTue Jun 04, 2024 6:01 pm

Nice tribe again Paige, I think I have enough penguins in my collection but I will surely make an exception for the Toymany Yellow-eyed penguin Very Happy

The Yellow-eyed penguins is a really sad story, I hope we will provide them a great solution, the world is so better with them alive drunken
Back to top Go down
Taos

Taos

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Charolais cattle!    The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Charolais cattle!  - Page 10 EmptyTue Jun 04, 2024 8:51 pm

cheers cheers cheers cheers

Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Charolais cattle!    The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Charolais cattle!  - Page 10 EmptyWed Jun 05, 2024 5:32 am

Thank you everyone!

Last mixed penguins!
An Adélie penguin colony of 5 million birds can consume as much as 8 million kg (17.6 million lb.) of fish and krill per day! They are also known for a unique behavior of rocking back on their heels and using their tail in a tripod like balancing position.

Back to top Go down
Joliezac

Joliezac

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Charolais cattle!    The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Charolais cattle!  - Page 10 EmptyWed Jun 05, 2024 6:22 am

More great penguins! Safari's chinstrap is my favorite penguin figure I love you

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Charolais cattle!    The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Charolais cattle!  - Page 10 EmptyWed Jun 05, 2024 7:43 am

cheers cheers

Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Charolais cattle!    The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Charolais cattle!  - Page 10 EmptySat Jun 08, 2024 2:38 am

Sorry for the delay, I have been traveling.

Ducks and more ducks!
Apparently, male mallards don't quack, only females do. Males make a rasping sound instead. The oldest male mallard recorded in the wild was 27 years and 7 months. This species is well known for hybridizing with other wild and domestic breeds of duck.

Common goldeneye ducks are often called "whistlers" because of the sound their wings make when they fly. They nest in tree holes and the highest from the ground recorded is 43 feet up! Lastly, I red that when they eat crayfish they shake them vigorously until the pincers break off, and them they swallow the rest.

Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Charolais cattle!    The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Charolais cattle!  - Page 10 EmptySat Jun 08, 2024 10:35 am

Magnificent duck pond! cheers
I'm especially delighted by the AAA ducks, large and small.
Back to top Go down
lucky luke

lucky luke

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Charolais cattle!    The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Charolais cattle!  - Page 10 EmptySat Jun 08, 2024 7:17 pm

Congratulations, nice collection, I love the AAA ones, especially the little ones like Christophe drunken
Back to top Go down
Taos

Taos

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Charolais cattle!    The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Charolais cattle!  - Page 10 EmptySat Jun 08, 2024 9:12 pm

Glorious collection of ducks!!! cheers cheers cheers cheers

widukind

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Charolais cattle!    The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Charolais cattle!  - Page 10 EmptySun Jun 09, 2024 9:59 am

Beautieful ducks

Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Charolais cattle!    The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Charolais cattle!  - Page 10 EmptyMon Jun 10, 2024 2:37 pm

Thanks friends. :)

Mute swans!

All mute swans in North America descend from captive animals brought here in the mid 1800s to adorn parks, zoos, and estates; some escaped and established wild breeding populations. There are two "morphs" for these birds; Royal, these chicks are gray in down and have black feet as adults, and Polish, chicks are white downed and adults have pink, brown, or gray feet.

Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Charolais cattle!    The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Charolais cattle!  - Page 10 EmptyTue Jun 11, 2024 7:35 am

Nice swans

Back to top Go down
lucky luke

lucky luke

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Charolais cattle!    The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Charolais cattle!  - Page 10 EmptyTue Jun 11, 2024 2:35 pm

Very Happy Applause cheers
Back to top Go down
Shanti

Shanti

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Charolais cattle!    The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Charolais cattle!  - Page 10 EmptyTue Jun 11, 2024 4:15 pm

Wow, you have some beautiful figurines! The ducks are lovely especially the mandarine variety!
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Charolais cattle!    The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Charolais cattle!  - Page 10 EmptyTue Jun 11, 2024 4:31 pm

Thank you everyone! The ducks are some of my very favorite of the birds. :) 

A few more swans and some geese:

Trumpeter swans are the largest waterfowl species in North America and the largest swan in the world. They have a beautiful honking call, that sounds like a French horn; hence their name. Where I grew up these guys could be seen sometimes (they are still a rarer species to see) but always a pleasure to observe in the wild at Yellowstone National Park!

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Charolais cattle!    The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Charolais cattle!  - Page 10 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Charolais cattle!
Page 10 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next