Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Schleich leaves Schwäbisch Gmünd

Go down 
+3
aschuck
Saarlooswolfhound
Zoodirektor
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Zoodirektor

Zoodirektor

Country/State : Germany

Schleich leaves Schwäbisch Gmünd Empty
PostSubject: Schleich leaves Schwäbisch Gmünd   Schleich leaves Schwäbisch Gmünd EmptyTue May 28, 2024 6:12 pm

Breaking News: Schleich goes to Munich in 2025.
Schwäbisch Gmünd closed down
Back to top Go down
Zoodirektor

Zoodirektor

PostSubject: Re: Schleich leaves Schwäbisch Gmünd   Schleich leaves Schwäbisch Gmünd EmptyTue May 28, 2024 6:14 pm

New CEO want to change the central point. He is from Belgium, Schwäbisch Gmünd is for him to small. The Beginning of the End?
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Schleich leaves Schwäbisch Gmünd   Schleich leaves Schwäbisch Gmünd EmptyTue May 28, 2024 7:29 pm

Interesting news. I don't think it is "the begining if the end" for the brand as a whole, but I am curious to see what route they take with their products.

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Zoodirektor

Zoodirektor

PostSubject: Re: Schleich leaves Schwäbisch Gmünd   Schleich leaves Schwäbisch Gmünd EmptyTue May 28, 2024 7:45 pm

All the experience and know how and the Idealism of the old Schleich people will be lost. Munich is modern and hipp, and very expensive.
Schleich is to fast grown , the prices are to fast gone up and now is economy crises and the people has no more money for games. A far-sighted Management would more seriosly deciding
Back to top Go down
aschuck

aschuck

Country/State : Michigan

PostSubject: How is this possible?   Schleich leaves Schwäbisch Gmünd EmptyTue May 28, 2024 8:37 pm

Dear Zoodirektor,

Hi, it's Aschuck. I was just wondering, in what ways is this the end? Does this mean that I'll have to stop collecting Schleich new stuff? Now that would be terrible! So, how is this changing of the location going to change for us collectors? Personally, I'm still a fan of the old schleich models, but their new stuff is sort of good too. About the biodegrdable thing, in past years, some of my models have gone in water, but these were very few models indeed. Anyway, I think that we, as collectors, are still on the safe side so to speak, at least for now. You see the problem I'm trying to get at right? I mean, I still have a lot of life left, so all I want to do is keep adding to my collection. You see? Anyway, if you or the others have answers for these difficult questions, let me know.

Aschuck

Back to top Go down
Zoodirektor

Zoodirektor

PostSubject: Re: Schleich leaves Schwäbisch Gmünd   Schleich leaves Schwäbisch Gmünd EmptyTue May 28, 2024 9:54 pm

Dear Aschuck,
I hope also that it is not the beginning of the end, but I fear that Schleich will not longer be what it was. They want to make more money and more, but the market is stronger. Last year the horses with hair was an desaster so what they reduced the prices. If they leave their bases, they will more experiences and that be so they fail. I hope, it will be come not so. In Munich schleich is a small company, a small light. The workers will come and go. Schleich but needs seriosly workers, it's learning needs a lot of times.
Back to top Go down
rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Schleich leaves Schwäbisch Gmünd   Schleich leaves Schwäbisch Gmünd EmptyThu May 30, 2024 10:49 pm

In my opinion, failure of a few products isn't necessarily a bad thing, as long as the investment wasn't too large. It's worth trying out new things to see what works. Japanese gashapon companies are a good example of this: they make lots of things (often very weird), many of which must be complete failures, but that is compensated by a few successes. In general, I find animal model manufacturers quite conservative, in that they all make very similar products and don't try a lot of new things. I am not much of a Schleich collector (not my scale) but I like the fact that they have their own identity and aren't just followers. Good that they try new things too.

a6point62

Country/State : Denmark

PostSubject: Re: Schleich leaves Schwäbisch Gmünd   Schleich leaves Schwäbisch Gmünd EmptyFri May 31, 2024 7:21 am

Don't forget, This could be for the better though. The quality has been going down in the last years.. Maybe this could be a turning point

Zoodirektor

Zoodirektor

PostSubject: Re: Schleich leaves Schwäbisch Gmünd   Schleich leaves Schwäbisch Gmünd EmptyFri May 31, 2024 8:59 am

I can't see that the quality has generally gotten worse in recent years. So you think that the quality improves because you forego the experience of proven employees?
Back to top Go down
rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

PostSubject: Re: Schleich leaves Schwäbisch Gmünd   Schleich leaves Schwäbisch Gmünd EmptyFri May 31, 2024 9:12 pm

It isn't very clear why Schleich is going to move to Munich, or at least their website doesn't give much information. I suppose they have thought it through and they think it is a good move for the company. However, for the workers from Gmünd, it's a bad situation because they are forced to move if they want to keep their job.

Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Schleich leaves Schwäbisch Gmünd   Schleich leaves Schwäbisch Gmünd EmptySat Jun 01, 2024 12:51 am

It's probably just about where the brand is based. Munich gives certainly more prestige than Schwäbisch Gmünd and it is a more central place. If I'm not wrong, that's a move of slightly more than 200 km, far for those who have to go to the offices but these days many workers do administrative job at home. Munich is very expensive, if they are moving to such place, their finances are doing well, just remember that Safari got almost ruined and the first thing they did was to move to a cheaper location. Munich is where many enormous companies are based in and Schleich is a big name in this business.
So Anna, you won't need to stop collecting Schleich, I'm sure Schleich will continue for many years and even if they stop meanwhile, it takes a complete life to collect all of their figures. Laughing AAA is not releasing new figures anymore and you are still collecting them.

a6point62

Country/State : Denmark

PostSubject: Re: Schleich leaves Schwäbisch Gmünd   Schleich leaves Schwäbisch Gmünd EmptyWed Jun 05, 2024 4:46 pm

Zoodirektor wrote:
I can't see that the quality has generally gotten worse in recent years. So you think that the quality improves because you forego the experience of proven employees?
I find both the "paint quality" and the modelling quality has gone down yes.. They are moving more than 200km, so maybe they are getting new modellers, or more of them. For the paint, its gonna continue descreasing in quality if it means they can make them cheaper.

MoeHe

MoeHe

Country/State : Austria

PostSubject: Re: Schleich leaves Schwäbisch Gmünd   Schleich leaves Schwäbisch Gmünd EmptyFri Sep 06, 2024 11:27 am

Hello everyone,

Found one very interessting article in "Die Zeit" regarding about their local employees in Schwäbisch Gmünd from monday 02.09.2024

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

For everyone how can't read/speak German here is a translation:

Schleich: Takeover offers for employees in logistics

The toy manufacturer Schleich says it has reached an agreement with the works council during its restructuring. According to the statement, all logistics employees would receive takeover offers from the new, external partner to whom logistics would be handed over. Schleich is pleased to remain connected to the Schwäbisch Gmünd region. Around 100 employees worked in the logistics center, a spokeswoman said upon request.

The traditional company from the east of Baden-Württemberg announced in May that it wanted to move its headquarters to Munich. The step is planned for January 1, 2025. In the future, a new location in the Czech capital Prague will also take on financial tasks and customer service, among other things. The announcement subsequently sparked criticism in the country.

Socially acceptable solutions

Schleich is offering affected employees from Schwäbisch Gmünd the opportunity to move to the Munich and Prague locations. According to the spokeswoman, around 140 employees are affected. If a change was not possible, socially acceptable solutions would have been found, according to the statement. No details were given.

According to the latest company information, Schleich employs around 480 people worldwide. Sales fell to 234 million euros in 2023. In 2022 it was still at 275 million euros. According to the company, the high demand for toys during the pandemic has waned and purchasing sentiment has dampened.

To keep up with my collection, I would recommend the following topic.

I regularly present my new releases and my opinion on them there.

Feel free to leave your comments. :)
Back to top Go down
MoeHe

MoeHe

Country/State : Austria

PostSubject: Re: Schleich leaves Schwäbisch Gmünd   Schleich leaves Schwäbisch Gmünd EmptyFri Sep 06, 2024 11:46 am

I found also an other article regarding their situation in Schwäbisch Gmünd, which explains further the situation of their employees and is more a perspective of Baden-Württemberg. It's from today 06.09.2024

For everyone how can't read/speak German here is a translation:

Traditional company is leaving Baden-Württemberg - but there is a small compromise

Schwäbisch Gmünd - Just a few weeks ago, the traditional company Schleich announced that it would be giving up its headquarters in Baden-Württemberg on January 1, 2025. Specifically, the toy manufacturer's headquarters are to be relocated from Schwäbisch Gmünd to Munich after more than 90 years, which will not only harm the economic power of the city in the east of Baden-Württemberg, but will also affect a total of 250 employees. After weeks of negotiations between the works council and management, the relocation of the headquarters could not be prevented, but at least a small compromise could be found.

Schleich stated in a press release in mid-May that it wanted to offer the employees affected by the planned move the opportunity to take over in Munich or Prague - where a new shared service center is to be founded. During the negotiations, however, the focus was on retaining as many jobs as possible at the existing headquarters in Schwäbisch Gmünd. Although this could not be achieved on a large scale, according to a statement on Monday (September 2nd), logistics should at least remain in the Ostalbkreis.

Schleich is leaving Baden-Württemberg – logistics is to remain in Schwäbisch Gmünd via an external partner

In May, Schleich justified the fact that the traditional company, which was originally founded in Stuttgart in 1935, wanted to move its headquarters to another city after so many years by further developing the company and opening up new sales channels. In the communication regarding the agreement with the works council, the toy manufacturer once again confirmed its intentions. “Schleich will strengthen its core competencies in marketing, sales and procurement and bundle consumer-centered and value-added functions at the Munich location,” it says specifically.

However, the agreement also stipulates that at least Schleich's logistics - outsourced to the external partner Abt Service GmbH - should remain in Schwäbisch Gmünd. The employees should therefore be given the opportunity to switch to this logistics partner. “Schleich is pleased to remain connected to the Schwäbisch Gmünd region,” the statement said. The offer to move to the new company headquarters in Munich or Prague continues to apply to the rest of the workforce.

IGBCE criticizes Schleich's plans, management is satisfied with the agreement

After the announcement of the move of the traditional Baden-Württemberg company - which is best known for its detailed animal figures - not only the works council, but also the employees' union IGBCE took to the barricades. “Logistics should be outsourced – somewhere and to someone; “The heart of the company is to be relocated to Munich and Prague,” criticized the union on its homepage and explained that at the time not a single comprehensible argument was given for this plan.

With the agreement that has now been announced, logistics will remain in Gmünd, but it will still be outsourced. While employee representatives continue to criticize the plan, management is satisfied with the agreement. “The agreements reached are an important step in making Schleich future-proof and remaining successful in the long term,” Schleich CEO Stefan De Loecker was quoted as saying in Monday’s announcement. Another traditional manufacturer from Baden-Württemberg announced in August that it would have to relocate its production to Thuringia. But that has another reason.

To keep up with my collection, I would recommend the following topic.

I regularly present my new releases and my opinion on them there.

Feel free to leave your comments. :)
Back to top Go down
rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

PostSubject: Re: Schleich leaves Schwäbisch Gmünd   Schleich leaves Schwäbisch Gmünd EmptyYesterday at 3:22 pm

Sounds like hard times for Schleich and its employees Sad .

PostSubject: Re: Schleich leaves Schwäbisch Gmünd   Schleich leaves Schwäbisch Gmünd Empty

Back to top Go down

Schleich leaves Schwäbisch Gmünd
Page 1 of 1