Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Toymany sets! Bears, white tigers, alpacas, giraffes, lemmings!

Go down 
+6
Kikimalou
milolennox13
Joliezac
sunny
Roger
Saarlooswolfhound
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

Toymany sets! Bears, white tigers, alpacas, giraffes, lemmings! Empty
PostSubject: Toymany sets! Bears, white tigers, alpacas, giraffes, lemmings!   Toymany sets! Bears, white tigers, alpacas, giraffes, lemmings! EmptySat Jun 01, 2024 12:24 pm

Once I had access to Toymany's website (for sets AND individual figures) I had to make an order! This will be a lengthy presentation.

The bear set (brown and black).
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I did throw in their counterparts from the North American set too. 

Polar bears!

This walking bear is a unique sculpt from the others

She suffered a malfunction sadly...

With my favorite from the polar set

The polar set model does it best, but they do have different face profiles that represent a polar bear's.

And the polar cubs are unique sculpts too

White tigers!

These two females are GORGEOUS!

Underside detail!!!

They even painted her to follow the curve of her spine...

The new white females have blue eyes, both of their males are amber. The orange cubs and the new new white cubs are amber, the older white cubs have blue eyes.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/url

Alpacas!

The angry looking ones are actually females!

And the neutral pose ones are male (sadly their whole hoof claws are not painted).

Lookit those sweet faces (in comparison to the angry females!)

And the wool texture is just as great as the merino sheep set.

The babies who look like they are about to scratch an itch are female, the ones with lowered heads are males.

The giraffes are not my favorite figures. Proportions are a bit wonky for them (some regions are too bulky, while others like the face is sculpted to be really thin!)

But having them in hand, they are obviously NOT bootlegs/copies/nor overly inspired by other brands.

This one suffers the most from hind leg anatomy.

And lastly, since you can now buy individual sets, I got a variation of the lemming!

I think my original is happy to not be lonely anymore.

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Toymany sets! Bears, white tigers, alpacas, giraffes, lemmings!   Toymany sets! Bears, white tigers, alpacas, giraffes, lemmings! EmptySat Jun 01, 2024 3:51 pm

I wonder why the female alpacas are angry? tanks for sharing all these interesting models and it is very useful that you point to some details like the eye colors. I know that polar bear of the polar set is here just for comparison but it is the coolest polar bear figure I know. :)

Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Toymany sets! Bears, white tigers, alpacas, giraffes, lemmings!   Toymany sets! Bears, white tigers, alpacas, giraffes, lemmings! EmptySat Jun 01, 2024 4:18 pm

I 100% agree about the polar bear! Maybe the alpaca ladies are upset that their nails didn't get painted? What a Face

In all honesty, I do think the alpacas are very nicely done. Their poses are very unconventional, but not unrealistic for the real animals.

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
sunny

sunny

Country/State : uk

PostSubject: Re: Toymany sets! Bears, white tigers, alpacas, giraffes, lemmings!   Toymany sets! Bears, white tigers, alpacas, giraffes, lemmings! EmptySat Jun 01, 2024 4:42 pm

Paige if you have time can you let me know what is the height of the 3 sitting giraffes thanks?
They don't look so 'young' that perhaps they could pass as 1/32nd adults.
(by the way I think the giraffe sculptor has never seen a real life one before Very Happy Shocked What a Face cyclops haha)

Thanks for your walkarounds - so many new figures!

I think I prefer the bears the most, and I like the brown bear set at the top.
Back to top Go down
Joliezac

Joliezac

Country/State : New Jersey, USA

PostSubject: Re: Toymany sets! Bears, white tigers, alpacas, giraffes, lemmings!   Toymany sets! Bears, white tigers, alpacas, giraffes, lemmings! EmptySat Jun 01, 2024 4:54 pm

So many great figures!! I'm tempted to get the drinking giraffe to accompany my Schleich one. I didn't know there were variations of the lemmings! I plan on getting one, are they pretty tiny? Hoping they are.. I want to use them for my owls lol!

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
https://joliezacc9d79.myportfolio.com/
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Toymany sets! Bears, white tigers, alpacas, giraffes, lemmings!   Toymany sets! Bears, white tigers, alpacas, giraffes, lemmings! EmptySat Jun 01, 2024 5:52 pm

Sunny, all three are a millimeter or two short of 7cm (the Bully is 7cm). Then measuring from their front knee to the end of their rumps the Toymany is 5.5cm, the Papo is 6.5 cm, and the Bully is 7cm exactly. Let me know if you need anything else!

And Jolie, they are quite small, but don't scale with other figures from the same "mini set". I think your owls may have a good snack on the wing...

Your poor lemmings though!!!

Back to top Go down
Joliezac

Joliezac

Country/State : New Jersey, USA

PostSubject: Re: Toymany sets! Bears, white tigers, alpacas, giraffes, lemmings!   Toymany sets! Bears, white tigers, alpacas, giraffes, lemmings! EmptySat Jun 01, 2024 6:48 pm

Thank you!! My Schleich gerbils need a break Laughing

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
https://joliezacc9d79.myportfolio.com/
milolennox13

Country/State : United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Toymany sets! Bears, white tigers, alpacas, giraffes, lemmings!   Toymany sets! Bears, white tigers, alpacas, giraffes, lemmings! EmptySat Jun 01, 2024 9:19 pm

My girlfriend pointed out that the female baby alpacas are supposed to be lying on their side, despite the pictures on the website (look at the back feet Laughing )
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Toymany sets! Bears, white tigers, alpacas, giraffes, lemmings!   Toymany sets! Bears, white tigers, alpacas, giraffes, lemmings! EmptySun Jun 02, 2024 3:15 am

I like very much the brown bear drunken  Which lemming is the individual one please ?

sunny wrote:

(by the way I think the giraffe sculptor has never seen a real life one before Very Happy  Shocked  What a Face  cyclops  haha)

Indeed, especially the drinking one scratch
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Toymany sets! Bears, white tigers, alpacas, giraffes, lemmings!   Toymany sets! Bears, white tigers, alpacas, giraffes, lemmings! EmptySun Jun 02, 2024 12:43 pm

cheers cheers cheers

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Toymany sets! Bears, white tigers, alpacas, giraffes, lemmings!   Toymany sets! Bears, white tigers, alpacas, giraffes, lemmings! EmptySun Jun 02, 2024 4:54 pm

Saarlooswolfhound wrote:
I 100% agree about the polar bear! Maybe the alpaca ladies are upset that their nails didn't get painted? What a Face

lol! Poor ladies. :)

rogerpgvg

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Toymany sets! Bears, white tigers, alpacas, giraffes, lemmings!   Toymany sets! Bears, white tigers, alpacas, giraffes, lemmings! EmptyFri Jun 21, 2024 4:08 pm

Thanks for all the comparisons, Paige! I agree that the giraffes aren't perfect, but it's good for me that the sizes of the Toymany figures is sometimes a bit different from that of other companies. I think they'll find a place in my 1/32 reserve.

Which of the adult giraffes is male and which is female?

Kikimalou wrote:

sunny wrote:

(by the way I think the giraffe sculptor has never seen a real life one before Very Happy  Shocked  What a Face  cyclops  haha)

Indeed, especially the drinking one scratch

I thought the drinking giraffe was the best one. What bothers you about it?

MartinH

Country/State : Czech Republic

PostSubject: Re: Toymany sets! Bears, white tigers, alpacas, giraffes, lemmings!   Toymany sets! Bears, white tigers, alpacas, giraffes, lemmings! EmptyFri Jun 28, 2024 2:39 am

Well... I have to admit that as a "giraffe guy" I feel a bit of pain. I don't want to say that giraffes are ugly, but given the new brand's attention to detail, it might be better if the giraffes were given even more time. Proportionally, they are weird. Legs are a huge problem. They are strangely twisted and in unnatural positions. A lying giraffe has its hind legs along its body instead of underneath it. From my personal point of view, it's a pity... There is a huge possibility of creativity with giraffes, but unfortunately it is the same poses over and over again. I was expecting a little more originality. cyclops cyclops

Tupolew Tu-154

Tupolew Tu-154

Country/State : Skynet Central

PostSubject: Re: Toymany sets! Bears, white tigers, alpacas, giraffes, lemmings!   Toymany sets! Bears, white tigers, alpacas, giraffes, lemmings! EmptySun Jun 30, 2024 8:05 pm

I want these lemmings, they are super cute. I love you

I also like the angry alpaca and the sleeping polar bear. Very Happy

PostSubject: Re: Toymany sets! Bears, white tigers, alpacas, giraffes, lemmings!   Toymany sets! Bears, white tigers, alpacas, giraffes, lemmings! Empty

Back to top Go down

Toymany sets! Bears, white tigers, alpacas, giraffes, lemmings!
Page 1 of 1