Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

New Toymany Sets

Go down 
+11
Koikinguu
Taos
Ponies and Paint
bmathison1972
Katy Leven
aschuck
Joliezac
Roger
Kikimalou
widukind
Saarlooswolfhound
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

New Toymany Sets Empty
PostSubject: New Toymany Sets   New Toymany Sets EmptySat May 06, 2023 7:48 am

I am starting a topic here to share new sets as they appear. Seem to be unique sculpts, some better than others...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

New Toymany Sets Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Toymany Sets   New Toymany Sets EmptySat May 06, 2023 9:47 am

Some looks like knockoffs

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

New Toymany Sets Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Toymany Sets   New Toymany Sets EmptySat May 06, 2023 11:43 am

widukind wrote:
Some looks like knockoffs

A lot look like knockoffs Shocked

Thanks Paige for sharing.

I like a bit the brown bear on all fours Very Happy
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

New Toymany Sets Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Toymany Sets   New Toymany Sets EmptySat May 06, 2023 5:14 pm

The sets that I have listed, I am 90% sure, are unique sculpts. I think they are inspired by other figures from more popular brands, but these I am pretty certain are unique. The company does use a lot of sculpts from other brands currently, but I am seeing more and more new sets posted every other week or so... perhaps they are building their product line and customer base?

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

New Toymany Sets Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Toymany Sets   New Toymany Sets EmptySun May 07, 2023 2:36 pm

I hope that they will more and more produce new sets :)

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

New Toymany Sets Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Toymany Sets   New Toymany Sets EmptyThu Aug 24, 2023 6:08 pm

I haven't done a good job of keeping this topic up to date... maybe that will be a project for this weekend.

in the meantime, here is a new big cat set! I think the sculpts are reminiscent of some of the big brands, but I do think they are unique and not bootlegs.

Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

New Toymany Sets Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Toymany Sets   New Toymany Sets EmptyFri Aug 25, 2023 7:58 am

Nice but common species again

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

New Toymany Sets Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Toymany Sets   New Toymany Sets EmptyFri Aug 25, 2023 10:18 pm

Maybe the tiger reminds me a known major brand figure but honestly all the others doesn't remind me any other figure. Only the style which is good.
I find the lion very good for a Chinese brand, namely the cub which is probably the same as the tiger cub. The only figure I really don't like that much is the young cheetah.

Saarlooswolfhound

New Toymany Sets Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Toymany Sets   New Toymany Sets EmptyFri Aug 25, 2023 10:30 pm

The adult tiger looks a lot like this one from schleich. But all the other sculpts look unique, even the cubs. The cubs are different from the big cat cub set I already have from them, and the tiger and lion cubs here look different (look at the placement of the feet).

They seem to be releasing new sets of unique models somewhat regularly (every month or so?).

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

New Toymany Sets Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Toymany Sets   New Toymany Sets EmptyFri Aug 25, 2023 10:51 pm

Saarlooswolfhound wrote:
The adult tiger looks a lot like this one from schleich. But all the other sculpts look unique, even the cubs. The cubs are different from the big cat cub set I already have from them, and the tiger and lion cubs here look different (look at the placement of the feet).

They seem to be releasing new sets of unique models somewhat regularly (every month or so?).

Yes, you're right! :)

Saarlooswolfhound

New Toymany Sets Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Toymany Sets   New Toymany Sets EmptySun Oct 01, 2023 11:57 pm

I can't find this on the US site yet but someone on ATF found these new penguins. Even I am excited about them!

Last edited by Saarlooswolfhound on Mon Oct 02, 2023 2:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

New Toymany Sets Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Toymany Sets   New Toymany Sets EmptyMon Oct 02, 2023 1:57 pm

Great Paige, this set is very interesting since they represent several species. The biggest surprise is the king penguin monster chick, I was not expecting this unappealing chick to be released and they did the "monster" version when they retain part of the baby plumage but they are already big as an adult.

Joliezac

Country/State : New Jersey, USA

New Toymany Sets Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Toymany Sets   New Toymany Sets EmptyMon Oct 02, 2023 3:29 pm

Wow!! I LOVE those penguins!! I think I will definitely get them when they become available in the US.

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
https://joliezacc9d79.myportfolio.com/
widukind

widukind

New Toymany Sets Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Toymany Sets   New Toymany Sets EmptyMon Oct 02, 2023 9:58 pm

Where i can find the sharks?

Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

New Toymany Sets Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Toymany Sets   New Toymany Sets EmptyMon Oct 02, 2023 10:03 pm

Amazon

Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

New Toymany Sets Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Toymany Sets   New Toymany Sets EmptyMon Oct 16, 2023 11:45 pm

Polar bears!

Some are reused moulds OF THEIR OWN sculpts. Not terribly accurate but... new!

Back to top Go down
aschuck

aschuck

Country/State : Michigan

New Toymany Sets Empty
PostSubject: Toymany: being a list of sets that I've seen, plus information about fantarea life cycle sets.   New Toymany Sets EmptySat Oct 28, 2023 5:36 am

Dear Sts Friends:

Hey, has anyone heard of either of these brands: Toymany, and fantarea? I only ask because I've been looking at what sets are available, and thinking: "well, these might work in my collection." But then again, I have no complete list of all the sets that toymany has made, so I don't know where to start. I know they've done a set of farm food, but as to the other sets, I'm kind of lost. Also, I stumbled across this other brand called Fantarea, which makes figures too! I've found that they make life cycle sets, as does Toymany, but once again, I need more information. I've been secretly making a list of Toymany and fantarea sets I would be interested in getting, but my list is far from complete. Your help, and information, would be great, if you can help. By the way, does Toymany or fantarea have a website? I'd also like to know, how high quality are the figures made by toymany and fantarea? If anyone has answers to these questions, please reply to this topic.

Aschuck

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

New Toymany Sets Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Toymany Sets   New Toymany Sets EmptySat Oct 28, 2023 10:15 am

It is not easy to explain but those are not brands like the classic ones we are used.
They belong to a wave of Chinese brands which can be easily found on global sales websites.
They don't have a catalogue or a coerent collection, they sell thematic sets of animal figures for multiple purposes.
What's not good for you is that some of their figures are exact copies of other brands, sometimes only with different painting, so you risk to get figures which are exactly like those you already have from known brands.
However, they also have sets with moulds we've never seen before. We don't know if they are original moulds or copied from unknown sources.
I know that some ToyMany dogs are copies of resin models too but in this case they're of interest to you since you probably would prefer the plastic version.
I hope this information is useful.

widukind

New Toymany Sets Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Toymany Sets   New Toymany Sets EmptySat Oct 28, 2023 2:37 pm

I only can say that the quality of the Toymany figures is good.

Back to top Go down
Katy Leven

Katy Leven

New Toymany Sets Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Toymany Sets   New Toymany Sets EmptySat Dec 09, 2023 3:34 pm

Found this set on German Amazon today.

It seems to be a Nord American wildlife set with some exciting animals like a cougar and a Pronghorn (it is supposed to be one, right?). The "rearing" grizzly bear seems to be a repaint from a former black bear and the deer is supposed to be a Wapiti but I personally don't really see a Wapiti in it.
Otherwise I think that it is a good set and I might consider getting it at some point.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

New Toymany Sets Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Toymany Sets   New Toymany Sets EmptySat Dec 09, 2023 7:25 pm

I think that description is not to take seriously, it mentions elk twice and wapity. I think it is moose, pronghorn and white-tail although this lastone is somewhat dubious.I like the moose but people is complaining the antlers get lost easily.

bmathison1972

Country/State : Salt Lake City, UT

New Toymany Sets Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Toymany Sets   New Toymany Sets EmptyFri Dec 15, 2023 1:01 pm

Here are some pics from the new 12PCS Reptile Figure Collection

included but not shown here are: Komodo dragon, Jackson's chameleon, axolotl, leopard gecko, Galapagos tortoise.

I am retaining these seven for now:

1. frilled lizard, Chlamydosaurus kingii
Replaces my Kaiyodo Reptiles Lounge figure. The Kaiyodo figure is very nice and dynamic, but requires assembly, is delicate, and comes on a trophy-style base. This Toymany version is larger, but still smaller than those by CollectA and Safari.

2. central bearded dragon, Pogona vitticeps
Bearded dragons are difficult to ID at the species level, and those in the pet trade are often misidentified. Still, I chose this to represent P. vitticeps as it is the most common species in the pet trade and thus the more familiar. It replaces the Furuta/Kaiyodo Chocoegg Pet Series figure, which is very nice and smaller, but requires assembly. This Toymany version is still smaller than those by Safari and CollectA. I worry the tail might be a bit too long, but not exaggeratingly so.

3. Indian red scorpion, Hottentotta tamulus
Toymany advertised this as a 'red scorpion' and in studying images online, it is a very good likeness for H. tamulus! As such it's a new species in toy/figure form!!!

4. redback spider, Latrodectus hasselti
I have a few of these, so it's not really needed, but I decided to keep it

5. Solomon Island leaf frog, Cornufer guentheri
Toymany advertised it as such, and it's a very good likeness. Another new species in toy/figure form

6. black caiman, Melanosuchus niger
Toymany specifically called it a black caiman and it's a good likeness. Nice to have a caiman figure specifically marketed at the species level in the 'standard-sized' range.

7. Indian cobra, Naja naja
I surprise retention. Very nice in-hand. Replaces the Safari TOOB figure. The fangs and protruding tongue are actually sharp to the touch!

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

New Toymany Sets Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Toymany Sets   New Toymany Sets EmptyFri Dec 15, 2023 2:06 pm

That cobra is spectacular and the frog species is really interesting. :)

Ponies and Paint

Country/State : United States

New Toymany Sets Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Toymany Sets   New Toymany Sets EmptyFri Dec 15, 2023 4:06 pm

Woah, that cobra is awesome! I don't collect snake figurines, but I love Indian cobras, so maybe that'll change...

Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGmpQ1jSAGOKIAO2OggjmMA
widukind

widukind

New Toymany Sets Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Toymany Sets   New Toymany Sets EmptyFri Dec 15, 2023 4:59 pm

The new Playvisions

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

New Toymany Sets Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Toymany Sets   New Toymany Sets Empty

Back to top Go down

New Toymany Sets
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next