Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Toymany rabbits

Go down 
+7
sunny
Roger
Bloodrayne
widukind
Saarlooswolfhound
Joliezac
Taos
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Taos

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

Toymany rabbits Empty
PostSubject: Toymany rabbits   Toymany rabbits EmptySat Jun 29, 2024 6:36 pm

With a big thanks to Paige Toymany has sent me the lovely rabbit set.I have had the set for a few weeks but could not review due to work and then holidays.
Firstly I must say that the models are great and very nicely made with good poses.I have grouped them according to size so first its the very large/giant rabbits.I have placed the French lop here but judging by the size its a youngster as adults are much larger
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Next are the mid sized to large rabbits.Its great to see breeds like Argente,Californian,Belgian and New Zealand red represented.
Then we have the small breeds.Great to see the Dutch and English spot
Here are my comparison photos-
Flemish Giants
New Zealand rabbits
Angora-these both represent the French as opposed to the English Angora
Dutch-be nice to see this released in other colours-red,blue,chocolate.
Netherland Dwarf
Spotted rabbits
I have put the English Spot with the Chequered Giants by Papo and Schleich and 2 other spotted rabbits
The French Lop with the other lop breeds which are Dwarf/Holland lop as these are the most common lop breed
Antelope jack rabbit and Safari desert jack rabbit
Its great that we have company making different rabbit breeds and not a major one either so that is a great bonus.My only tiny niggle is the following-
Belgian Hare-should be a bright chestnut colour
English spot should have a black dorsal stripe
French lop if its an adult should be much larger
Again its only me being really pedantic,but again thankful for a rabbit breed set.

Taos

Toymany rabbits Empty
PostSubject: Re: Toymany rabbits   Toymany rabbits EmptySat Jun 29, 2024 6:45 pm

OOPS!I forgot the little Lionheads!

Joliezac

Country/State : New Jersey, USA

Toymany rabbits Empty
PostSubject: Re: Toymany rabbits   Toymany rabbits EmptySat Jun 29, 2024 7:09 pm

Congrats! I really love this set. The lion head rabbits go so well together

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
https://joliezacc9d79.myportfolio.com/
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

Toymany rabbits Empty
PostSubject: Re: Toymany rabbits   Toymany rabbits EmptySat Jun 29, 2024 7:30 pm

Wonderful review Taylor! I knew you were the man for the job to review these breeds. Very Happy Great comparisons and insights into the subtleties of these animals.

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

Toymany rabbits Empty
PostSubject: Re: Toymany rabbits   Toymany rabbits EmptySat Jun 29, 2024 8:35 pm

Big congratulations

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Bloodrayne

Bloodrayne

Country/State : Netherlands

Toymany rabbits Empty
PostSubject: Re: Toymany rabbits   Toymany rabbits EmptySat Jun 29, 2024 9:36 pm

Thank you for the pictures and sharing your knowledge about rabbits.
The comparisons with other rabbit figures was very educational.
...you have so many!... cheers
The Toymany set sure is a wonderful addition to any animal collector. The figures are very nice I think.

Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

Toymany rabbits Empty
PostSubject: Re: Toymany rabbits   Toymany rabbits EmptySat Jun 29, 2024 10:01 pm

I have mine to present but as long as tis wonderful set is actively presented here, I will give some time to it. I didn't know I liked this set so much, it is really good and with a single set, we get a rich collection of domestic rabbits.
Recently I moved the Chequered Giants on TAW to the English spot page. I revisited them and both seem to have proportions more like an English spotted but I might be wrong, you seem very confortable wit the subject. One of the reasons I moved them is because Chequered Giants have absurdely large ears when compared with their heads and I don't tink the Papo and Schleich show that feature. I'd love to know your opinion.

Taos

Toymany rabbits Empty
PostSubject: Re: Toymany rabbits   Toymany rabbits EmptySun Jun 30, 2024 5:14 pm

Thank you or all your kind remarks about my review.
Roger-proportion wise probably the Papo model meets the Chequered Giant model more but as you say the have very large ears.The reason I have gone with the Chequered Giant is the markings on the Papo and Schleich model are closer to this than the English Spot which has more markings on its flanks.Also Chequered Giants are a Continental rabbit breed and more well known in France and Germany then English spot.The Chequered Giant is also known as the Giant Papillon in France.

sunny

Country/State : uk

Toymany rabbits Empty
PostSubject: Re: Toymany rabbits   Toymany rabbits EmptySun Jun 30, 2024 11:40 pm

Taos wrote:

That was very nice of Paige and Toymany, well done Taylor!

What is the interesting little black and white rabbit on the left hand side here??
I've never seen it before and I really like it's appearance:)

Good points that you noted about the paint/colouration on the rabbits. I hope Toymany take these into consideration for any re-runs.

Another thing a good maker of rabbit models could take into consideration, and it would probably be a world's first? is that one thing that I've noticed in nearly all rabbit models (most probably all sculpted by people who have never had a bun-companion living with them), is that they all have big bulky feet and nails visible.
hahaha, this is the just not how rabbits or hares feet are.

You can very rarely, if ever, see the nails visible on lagomorphs, due to their slightly longer fur on their feet area. And 'nail' impression is actually just the fur separation between the individual toes. Yet to the untrained eye it could look like nails from a distance.
And all their feet have a low profile - meaning that they are never fat and puffy like a cat's or dog's feet, with the pronounced roundness. And that's because of the way their bones sit, and the fact that they have a fully furred foot, with the very thick denser fur underneath primarily protecting the very small and soft hidden toe pads - which are never visible in healthy rabbits.

Hares hind paws may look big and pronounced, being more 'raised' - like a dogs or cats paw, but this is again not the case. The impression that the hind foot has a bulkiness to it is also false. The only thing giving this impression is the fact that the bones have a slightly raised aspect in the hind foot, and being completely covered in longer fur. Again to non-lagomorph lovers, it could give the impression of a fatter foot similar to a dog or cat.

I've lived with indoor rescue buns my whole life (rabbits are my life:) and being a fine art watercolour artist and sculptor it's just these small things that I notice. Plus spending hours on the carpet with my little baby kissing her paws cyclops Wink

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Toymany rabbits Empty
PostSubject: Re: Toymany rabbits   Toymany rabbits EmptyMon Jul 01, 2024 12:05 am

Taos wrote:
Thank you or all your kind remarks about my review.
Roger-proportion wise probably the Papo model meets the Chequered Giant model more but as you say the have very large ears.The reason I have gone with the Chequered Giant is the markings on the Papo and Schleich model are closer to this than the English Spot which has more markings on its flanks.Also Chequered Giants are a Continental rabbit breed and more well known in France and Germany then English spot.The Chequered Giant is also known as the Giant Papillon in France.

Thanks Taylor, but I still find their identifications as English spots quite plausible. The Papo model is even marketed as an English spot as you can see in the catalogue crop I'm sharing below.
Lapin papillon is generic, it is just papillon rabbit which works for both breeds since the English spot is just called papillon. Though, I believe they would use géant papillon if they wanted to represent the continental breed. I'm not sure but I also think the Papo model is repainted from an existing mould. I tend to agree with you about the way they are painted.

Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

Toymany rabbits Empty
PostSubject: Re: Toymany rabbits   Toymany rabbits EmptyMon Jul 01, 2024 9:34 am

Nice adds and comparison pics Taylor, thank you very much Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Taos

Taos

Toymany rabbits Empty
PostSubject: Re: Toymany rabbits   Toymany rabbits EmptyMon Jul 01, 2024 5:15 pm

Sunny-this is the set the rabbit is from-its Animal Planet

Taos

Toymany rabbits Empty
PostSubject: Re: Toymany rabbits   Toymany rabbits EmptyMon Jul 01, 2024 6:02 pm

Thanks Roger for the Papo listing and the fact they consider the rabbit an English spot.I am still not convinced as to me the markings are those of a Chequered Giant.Maybe as Papillon is the French for butterfly and these are the markings of both the rabbit breeds then there maybe a crossover.
Here are some comparison photos-
Top one is a Chequered Giant
Bottom one is an English spot

Toymany-kenc

Country/State : US

Toymany rabbits Empty
PostSubject: Re: Toymany rabbits   Toymany rabbits EmptyTue Jul 02, 2024 8:37 am

Thanks your picture Taos Wink Wink Very Happy

Instagram:https://www.instagram.com/toymany_official

About Toymany:https://toymany.com/pages/about
Back to top Go down
https://toymany.com?utm_source=STSforum
Taos

Taos

Toymany rabbits Empty
PostSubject: Re: Toymany rabbits   Toymany rabbits EmptyWed Jul 03, 2024 9:51 pm

You're welcome. Smile

Admin
Roger

Toymany rabbits Empty
PostSubject: Re: Toymany rabbits   Toymany rabbits EmptyFri Jul 12, 2024 1:53 pm

Thanks again for your observations, Taylor. I can see a few differences between those rabbits, mainly the patches of the Checkered are different from the spots of the English but I am not sure it is a defining feature. I can see also a different dorsal strip. Though, the most noticiable difference is the proportion of the heads when compared to the ears and body and in this regard the models we arediscussing match mostly the English spot although the markings might match better the other large breed. I will think aboutt it, maybe I can even make a page for butterfly rabbits. Laughing

sunny

Country/State : uk

Toymany rabbits Empty
PostSubject: Re: Toymany rabbits   Toymany rabbits EmptyTue Jul 16, 2024 10:46 pm

Taos wrote:
Sunny-this is the set the rabbit is from-its Animal Planet

Thank you Taylor

where did you buy it?

I couldn't find the set online
Back to top Go down
Taos

Taos

Toymany rabbits Empty
PostSubject: Re: Toymany rabbits   Toymany rabbits EmptyWed Jul 17, 2024 5:42 pm

Sunny-the rabbit set I got years ago in the USA.
Roger-as you say maybe the compromise is that we go with Butterfly/Papillon rabbit.

lucky luke

Country/State : FRANCE Saint-Louis

Toymany rabbits Empty
PostSubject: Re: Toymany rabbits   Toymany rabbits EmptyWed Jul 17, 2024 8:30 pm

Applause cheers
Back to top Go down
Aster

Aster

Country/State : France

Toymany rabbits Empty
PostSubject: Re: Toymany rabbits   Toymany rabbits EmptyWed Jul 17, 2024 9:08 pm

So many different rabbits ! They're so cute Surprised
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Toymany rabbits Empty
PostSubject: Re: Toymany rabbits   Toymany rabbits Empty

Back to top Go down

Toymany rabbits
Page 1 of 1