Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Wenno Figures

Go down 
+2
widukind
Saarlooswolfhound
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

Wenno Figures Empty
PostSubject: Wenno Figures   Wenno Figures EmptyWed Jul 10, 2024 4:07 am

So wandering into my local toy store not expecting to find anything that I didn't already know about, but I came face to face with this: a Wenno display! The store has added all sorts of items from the brand, not everything is of great quality. But I did find one tube with a model of interest to me anyway. But first, the display photos:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now for the figures I bought!
I bought it for the fennec, and looking at the tube more closely I probably won't keep much from it. The bear and one of the tigers will likely stay with me, but we will see if any other grow on me. They are actually nicely made; dense plastic, half decent painting in most of them, and details on many of the models if not all.

The tube it came in is much nicer material than Safari's tubes these days, the figures are easier to get out of it and could be kept as a storage device if one wanted.

I was just surpised at the selection and variety in quality. I am curious to see if this brand produces any more interesting figures in the future.

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

Wenno Figures Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wenno Figures   Wenno Figures EmptyWed Jul 10, 2024 6:46 am

wow

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
sunny

sunny

Country/State : uk

Wenno Figures Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wenno Figures   Wenno Figures EmptyWed Jul 10, 2024 11:01 am

Paige what size is that zebra compared to Britains? It looks very cute actually.

And I really like the small comact tubes in the 2nd and 3rd photos.
Nice chunky size, handles on lids and bright colours.

The fennec has a bery beautiful face.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

Wenno Figures Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wenno Figures   Wenno Figures EmptyWed Jul 10, 2024 12:35 pm

I have a Wenno red fox but I didn't know about a fennec. As far as I know Wenno was a short lived brand from a relatively known Chinese manufacturer. I found a few playsets locally but now I'm not even sure those places sell Wenno. Let's hope I get one fennec.

Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

Wenno Figures Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wenno Figures   Wenno Figures EmptyWed Jul 10, 2024 8:32 pm

Thank you guys!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], I can try to take a comparison photo with a Britains models sometime, but I can tell you I don't think it will scale too well with them- its fairly big.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], that was what I thought too about Wenno, that it was a short lived or at least much smaller scale brand as the only models I have really seen are usually poor-quality items and often more of the dollar store "chinamal" type variety. And don't misunderstand, those poorer quality items are present in these photos, but I was surprised to see this tube with much nicer figures included. And of course, you will get a fennec, don't fret about that. cheers

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Taos

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

Wenno Figures Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wenno Figures   Wenno Figures EmptyWed Jul 10, 2024 9:52 pm

WOW what a great display and selection!!!I have only seen a few Wennos figures here and they are always the same ones!
The Fennec,little rhino and tiger cub with the tail up are really nice.
Did I spy a running Red Squirrel and poss a woodpecker?in one of the polybags!
Wish my local shop was as adventurous as yours,all they have is Schleich and chinanmals Sad Sad

Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

Wenno Figures Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wenno Figures   Wenno Figures EmptyWed Jul 10, 2024 11:32 pm

Saarlooswolfhound wrote:
Thank you guys!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], I can try to take a comparison photo with a Britains models sometime, but I can tell you I don't think it will scale too well with them- its fairly big.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], that was what I thought too about Wenno, that it was a short lived or at least much smaller scale brand as the only models I have really seen are usually poor-quality items and often more of the dollar store "chinamal" type variety. And don't misunderstand, those poorer quality items are present in these photos, but I was surprised to see this tube with much nicer figures included. And of course, you will get a fennec, don't fret about that. cheers

Paige, that's fantastic but you know it is painful to post overseas. Nonetheless, it is quite exciting one more fennec will join my collection. Very Happy
Wenno is a animal themed brand started by the manufacturer Shing Hing, I think they are the ones which make those cheap looking S.H. marked figures. Though, when you are a manufacturer, you just produce to others wile having a brand the business is much more complex. Actually, they did not get anonymous, in my country they were sold by one of the biggest toy store chains with loads of stores in Spain and Portugal but the chain is already defunct too.

landrover

Country/State : colombia

Wenno Figures Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wenno Figures   Wenno Figures EmptyFri Jul 12, 2024 4:09 am

You are really lucky, Lots of animals to buy. Applause Applause Applause

Sponsored content

Wenno Figures Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wenno Figures   Wenno Figures Empty

Back to top Go down

Wenno Figures
Page 1 of 1