Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Plaho/Marolin or which manufacturer?

Go down 
+6
WILLYBACOMAN
Philter4
widukind
SUSANNE
HKHollinstone
Yurumi
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Mastiffcat

Mastiffcat

Country/State : California

Plaho/Marolin or which manufacturer? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plaho/Marolin or which manufacturer?   Plaho/Marolin or which manufacturer? - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 22, 2011 5:32 pm

Thank you so much for this information! Very interesting and seeing them in their original packaging really helps.

effelderboy

Country/State : germany

PostSubject: Re: Plaho/Marolin or which manufacturer?   Plaho/Marolin or which manufacturer? - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 22, 2011 9:01 pm

widukind wrote:

But they also produceed for west germany. I remember, our friends found the animals in a Quelle- catalogue.

That is correct. cheers cheers

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Even earlier they were selling not only the figures as "No Name", also packaged really great.
And measured as a postscript to the "only 20 years," these 20 years were at the initial production and until 1990, but also very long.

Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Plaho/Marolin or which manufacturer?   Plaho/Marolin or which manufacturer? - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 22, 2011 9:26 pm

effelderboy wrote:
widukind wrote:

But they also produceed for west germany. I remember, our friends found the animals in a Quelle- catalogue.

That is correct. cheers cheers

Even earlier they were selling not only the figures as "No Name", also packaged really great.
And measured as a postscript to the "only 20 years," these 20 years were at the initial production and until 1990, but also very long.

What6 a great collection. I remember me on my childhood. I was very happy if i become a "new" animal. But i never find in a shop the ostrich. An then, the seller in a shop give me a gift from himself- the ostrich.
Back to top Go down
effelderboy

effelderboy

Country/State : germany

PostSubject: Re: Plaho/Marolin or which manufacturer?   Plaho/Marolin or which manufacturer? - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 23, 2011 2:46 pm

Yes, the ostrich is really very nice, and a little bit rare.

I have never seen the ostrich in his original plastic package Sad Sad Sad from Plaho.

But my favorite is the Mammoth...

Back to top Go down
WILLYBACOMAN

WILLYBACOMAN

Country/State : Zwolle, The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Plaho/Marolin or which manufacturer?   Plaho/Marolin or which manufacturer? - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 26, 2011 3:34 am

Thankfully i found the austrich to some years ago, i think it is a great model, but made after the Lineol model again, so no wonder...

Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Plaho/Marolin or which manufacturer?   Plaho/Marolin or which manufacturer? - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 10, 2015 7:16 pm

I just re-found this topic, - more than 4 years old cheers

At that time I had just "found" the VEB Plaho-plastic animals, and I was very exited.
Today I am even more exited because today I can cherish some of the EXTREMELY rare models, bags, box etc Shocked Shocked Applause

As most of our wonderful friends must have joined after the summer of 2011, perhaps it will be apperciated to bring this up again ? Very Happy

costicuba

costicuba

Country/State : Bulgaria

PostSubject: Re: Plaho/Marolin or which manufacturer?   Plaho/Marolin or which manufacturer? - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 10, 2015 11:03 pm

For me was very interesting to see and read everything on this topic...especially the information from Thomas :)
So, what I understood ....I can call these models - Marolin..and this will be not a mistake.. :)
Thank you Susanne, for showing this topic to me sunny

Just one question from me...
Are some of the models from Marolin (Veb plaho) have some marks on them....or all of them are not marking ?

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Plaho/Marolin or which manufacturer?   Plaho/Marolin or which manufacturer? - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 10, 2015 11:49 pm

costicuba wrote:
For me was very interesting to see and read everything on this topic...especially the information from Thomas :)
So, what I understood ....I can call these models - Marolin..and this will be not a mistake.. :)
Thank you Susanne, for showing this topic to me sunny

Just one question from me...
Are some of the models from Marolin (Veb plaho) have some marks on them....or all of them are not marking ?

I havent any Marolin but i think it is like the same like VEB Plaho, they are not marked

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
costicuba

costicuba

Country/State : Bulgaria

PostSubject: Re: Plaho/Marolin or which manufacturer?   Plaho/Marolin or which manufacturer? - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 11, 2015 1:13 am

:) Thank`s Andreas :)

Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Plaho/Marolin or which manufacturer?   Plaho/Marolin or which manufacturer? - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 11, 2015 9:19 am

Andreas is right, they are not marked .

Most of them are exactly the same, but as I understand, the exceptions are the two moose and the reindeer, where Marolin changed the moulds after 1990 when they became independant again. The fur got more texture.

It is improtant to note that the three wonderful abe-families are NOT Plaho models.
The designer from Marolin, Julius Weigelt ( 1901 - 1982) had designed them during the Plaho-time, but the moulds were not made untill after 1990.

SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Plaho/Marolin or which manufacturer?   Plaho/Marolin or which manufacturer? - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 11, 2015 11:18 am

widukind wrote:

I havent any Marolin ......

I think you do. Isn't the turtle from after 1990 ? scratch

Or  maybe yours is an early prototype ? http://toyanimal.info//index.php?title=VEB_Plaho_Giant_tortoise  Very Happy

widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Plaho/Marolin or which manufacturer?   Plaho/Marolin or which manufacturer? - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 11, 2015 11:49 am

SUSANNE wrote:
widukind wrote:

I havent any Marolin ......

I think you do. Isn't the turtle from after 1990 ? scratch

Or  maybe yours is an early prototype ? http://toyanimal.info//index.php?title=VEB_Plaho_Giant_tortoise  Very Happy

Okay, yes i forgot that :) And any monkeys too :)

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Plaho/Marolin or which manufacturer?   Plaho/Marolin or which manufacturer? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Plaho/Marolin or which manufacturer?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2