Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What is your favourite Schleich of all time

Go down 
+57
Thylacineotway
ezra18
LeeAnn
rainbow3
Carola
schleicher
jesman00
nyarlahotep
toydreamer
Tarunyada
carlysulli
JonasV
PeGe
almisi43
Gulogulo76
Barricade
teardrop
STORMnl
Dr.Narayanan
animallover4jesus
Pluisje1998
Schleichfreund
JackyLovertjex
Loridena
Elros Alvar
trevok4
pipi6
Katty
bojan
Steve170
scot(t)
Taylcoel
Kristie
Bongo
WILLYBACOMAN
landrover
ken yeo
skysthelimit
Mastiffcat
weaselfan93
Kikimalou
baltimore zoo
widukind
stecal
Wildheart
Raptor
SyLoBe
Ana
Kiryuha
MartinH
Roger
Philter4
HKHollinstone
SUSANNE
Gabe
remowshake
noeska
61 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
WILLYBACOMAN

WILLYBACOMAN

Country/State : Zwolle, The Netherlands

What is your favourite Schleich of all time - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What is your favourite Schleich of all time   What is your favourite Schleich of all time - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 26, 2011 2:24 am

When i put aside the flows that most Schleichs have, i think, the oran male is one of their best(not the first indeed, although he is charmfull).
But i like all of their hooved animals(wild species... Laughing ).

And Kiki, i know him and Schleich, so i already thought he was kidding, haha, crazy French macaque! cheers
But he owns a few of them, and i even managed to split him some older and boldy ones into his well formed stumach! geek

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Your All Time Favorite Schleich Animals   What is your favourite Schleich of all time - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 22, 2012 5:13 pm

What are your All Time Favourite Schleich Models from Farmlife, including horses, Wildlife,Forest and Sea Animals, new and old ones, and why do you like them so much ?

I ask only for your personal favorites, so this is no ranking for the"best looking" models, nevertheless if old, not that realistic looking or the new animals from recent years...Everybody can name 10 models, if in a ranking row or not.

Here are my 10 All Time Schleich Favorites, not in place ranking row: Very Happy

1.Cape Buffalo 14133

I've bought him many,many years before I started to collect Schleich animal in 2003. I've been to aToystore in 1996 or 1997 and saw him standing in the Schleich Shelves-I was very impressed to see a Cape Buffalo figure, also a really good looking one especially in compare to the other Schleich Animals at this time. I think, the Cape Buffalo was the Beginning of the more realistic and natural looking models, so I had to buy him, altough I wasn't collecting Schleich Animals at this time. I had a few other Schleichs, and so I bought the Cape Buffalo and he moved to my book shelv at home to guard my Zoo and Animal books. Altough i like the new cape buffalo, I prefer the old one.

2.Greater Kudu 14136

There are several reasons why I like this figure. First, I like antelopes, and there are not really many figures of antelopes. The Kudu was Schleich's first antelope and as I've saw him in the Toystore, I've bought him immediatley.A few years later, I''ve bought another one as a gift to a friend, who is Animalkepeer. At this time, his zoo was searching for a male kudu, there was absolutly no male kudu available in germany, so I bought the Schleich Kudu and gave him as a gift to my friend with the words"I've found a Kudu male for you!"He's still standing in the Keeper's Break room..I'm happy about the new Kudu, but Ilike the older one more than the new one. I have three of the old one, in diffrent colour variations.

3.Zebra 14029

This was the first Schleich Animal i've bought probably around 1992 or 1993. Altough It is not realistic looking, I've bough it because Zebras are my favorite animals. I had it for many years in my book shelv, but later, all of my Schleich Animals , just a few, moved into a plastic box hidden in the cellar, because I had other interests and I wouldn't have "Toy animals"in my book shelv anymore. Later, after I've started my collection, I rememberd my old"Schleichs" in the cellar and luckily, I've found them again, and the old Zebra is now one of my favorites, because its my"First"Schleich...

4.Musk Ox 14332

He is defenitely one of the best Models Schleich ever made until now, but this only one reason why I like him so much. H ewas published in 2004, my first year, after i've started collecting Schleich Animals in November 2003. At this time, nobody has known at this time, which new animals will come out the next year, so as we know it today, usally at the end of october, but in 2003, there were no chance ...So I remember I've been almost daily to my toystore in january 2004 in hope to get the new animals,and then, one day, it was THAT day, I've been to the Toystore and the first Animal I saw was the Musk Ox ! I couldn't belive it-a Musk Ox from Schleich, especially such a great looking one-fortunately I've lost my breath in this moment, so I wasn't able to shout a loud call of joy in the Toystore....I was so happy this day, I ve bought ALL new 2004 models at once...It's so sad, he was available only four years, but maybe he wasn't a big seller, I wish tho know in how many Schleich Farms in the childrens rooms is this strange looking cow one of the inhabitants now..Nevetheless if Schleich will do another musk ox someday, this one will be my favorite of all times...

5.Yak 14616

I like Yaks since many years, they are so lovely animals and so I had a Yak from Schleich on my wishlist for many, many years, so 2010 was a really good Schleich Year, at last, the long awaited Yak was there...I''ve e bought three of them, two I've repainted into a black and a black/white coloured one...

6.Malayan tapir

Almost the same reason, who's not loving Tapirs ? I've bought two, the second one is now a mountain tapir...

7.Asian Elephant Bull 14653

I'm very interested in elephants, they are, without any question ,fascinating and very special animals. Thats why I've bought in the 90ty years the three african elephants, and I was happy about the new made elephants, altough Schleich has never made really good elephants, with one exception-this asian elephant bull, he is defenitely the best elephant model Schleich has made in his Wildlife series.

8.Quarter Horse 13653

Schleich has made so many brilliant horses until 2011, but the Quarter Horse is, in my opinion, the best of them all, so I like his realistic, natural look, the face, the colour and the movement of the figure...

9.Shire Gelding 13247

He is the Schleich Animal, my collection has begun with...In November 2003, I was looking for a small present for female friend, she had lost her horse couple of month ago so my idea was to buy a Schleich horse. I've went to a Toystore and found him. Altough I had a few Schleich Animals, which have moved to the cellar, I had lost my interest in them, so after i've bought the excellent cape buffalo, I was never looking for new Schleich Animals again-until this day I 've bought the Shire Gelding as a present. Again, I was impressed how realistic this horse was looking, so thats why I was looking also for the other horses and animals, so I've seen a lot of brillinat animal figures. A fews days later, I've bought the Shire and a few other hores for myself, and so my collection has started-with a horse, and not a wild animal. I can't remember which animal was the next I've bought, I guess, it could be the Oryx or the anteater, I know, I've bought first the newer, more natural looking figures and than the others, and I knew, I decided very early to collect all Schleich Animals, including the retired ones. Thank Ebay, I could get so many retired old animals for less money,mostly in big packages, so I could grow my collection very quickly.

10.WHale Shark 16089

I love whale sharks, especially, after I've seen them at Georgia Aquarim a few years ago, they are magnificnat animals, and this model look so realistic as an animal figure can be for a commercial, childrens Toy model. Worlds lay between this model and the the former Schleich Whaleshark... Altough Schleich Animals are on sale in a many zoo gift shops in the Usa, the Georgia Aquarium Giftshop wasn't selling Schleich Animals, very sad, I could imagine, many visitors would by the Whaleshark after seen them aliv ein the Aquarium...

So these are my"Favorites" and a few stories around them... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Kristie

Kristie

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: What is your favourite Schleich of all time   What is your favourite Schleich of all time - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 22, 2012 5:28 pm

This will be an interesting and fun to read topic! :)

You do mean the top 10 favorites in our own collections? Not including wishlists.

Bongo, your list is very nice. The #14133 Cape Buffalo is very high on my wishlist. I also agree the the Musk ox is wonderful and I am very lucky to have him in my collection! The yak I JUST got today! Tractor Supply had him on sale for only 4.99.

Anyway, I look forward to reading everyone's responses and I will post mine soon!

-Kristie

Last edited by Kristie on Sun Apr 22, 2012 6:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: What is your favourite Schleich of all time   What is your favourite Schleich of all time - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 22, 2012 5:34 pm

My favourites are all the species, that have only been produced by Schleich, like the mink whale, the winsent, the przewalski-horse.....

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Taylcoel

Taylcoel

Country/State : United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: What is your favourite Schleich of all time   What is your favourite Schleich of all time - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 22, 2012 7:02 pm

my favourites are mostly the brand new ones but i do enjoy the rare ones cheers

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

my website link is at the bottom [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
http://schleich-c.webs.com
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: What is your favourite Schleich of all time   What is your favourite Schleich of all time - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 22, 2012 7:09 pm

scratch I thought : TEN ? That must be easy Very Happy
But...but...it surely isn`t Rolling Eyes

When I had taken a few pictures and found some that I already had..... uhhh, I had to stop geek Hopefully you can`t count Embarassed
I could go on and on, but at least...here is an attempt

The spotted wobbegong, - he looks SO goofy Very Happy

From the classics I - among many others - love these two little beauties.
Also because the white one was a gift from Sue and Lesley Wink

Isn`t he a charmer ? monkey

I adore this guy drunken

From the minies, this one was the last one I got, so he is special for me Very Happy

From the series of large clasichs, this tiger is very special, isn`t he ? cheers

The white arabian from the series of "Artist`s horses"

I just can`t decide...perhaps my absolute favorite is the old, bay Godolphin, - and I couldn`t get it over mu heart not to show the WONDERFUL foal cheers

This one was my first bendy, - "Den store Bastian".
This is how we will look if we won`t have our hair and nails cut, children Suspect

The regal angelfish is ever so lovely also Very Happy

I love the old ostriches with extra nails and toes Laughing

Ohhhh, I have to show the arc also Shocked

....and I didn`t even get to the Siamese cat, the dogs, the cows, the rodents, the ..... affraid

Now, I have to make a decision, - that`s all, folks Wink drunken

widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: What is your favourite Schleich of all time   What is your favourite Schleich of all time - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 22, 2012 7:35 pm

SUSANNE wrote:
scratch I thought : TEN ? That must be easy Very Happy
But...but...it surely isn`t Rolling Eyes

When I had taken a few pictures and found some that I already had..... uhhh, I had to stop geek Hopefully you can`t count Embarassed
I could go on and on, but at least...here is an attempt

The spotted wobbegong, - he looks SO goofy Very Happy

Now, I have to make a decision, - that`s all, folks Wink drunken

Yeah, also one of my favourites. cheers cheers

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Kristie

Kristie

PostSubject: Re: What is your favourite Schleich of all time   What is your favourite Schleich of all time - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 23, 2012 4:47 pm

This was not an easy task. But I studied my collection and picked out my top 10 favorites. :)

Of course that is likely to change in the few minutes, so I'll post it now before I change my mind. Very Happy

-Kristie
Back to top Go down
Kristie

Kristie

PostSubject: Re: What is your favourite Schleich of all time   What is your favourite Schleich of all time - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 23, 2012 4:50 pm

Susanne,

I ADORE your classics rearing horses! Also the mini cape buffalo and of course the special Arabian is on my "if dreams came true" list. I love you I love you I love you

Wonderful!

-Kristie
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: What is your favourite Schleich of all time   What is your favourite Schleich of all time - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 23, 2012 6:37 pm

Thankyou, Kristie Very Happy

Yes, I was fortunate to get most of the "artist-horses" just before they got so darned expansive drunken

Kristie wrote:
This was not an easy task. But I studied my collection and picked out my top 10 favorites. :)

Of course that is likely to change in the few minutes, so I'll post it now before I change my mind. Very Happy

-Kristie

Your choice is fantastic, - ooooh, yes, there are many of my most beloved ones also..the bull, the black Arabian mare, duck, musk ox......
Laughing Laughing you are so right. In this case one has to make a quick decision geek Wink

Bongo

PostSubject: Re: What is your favourite Schleich of all time   What is your favourite Schleich of all time - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 24, 2012 3:35 pm

All very interesing choices. And what's the ressons for your "All Time Favourites "?

It's indeed a difficult question and decision for any Schleich Collector, but my "Top Ten" will be the same-until the day, a great new model comes in, so I'm very curious, if Schleich will find its way back to its former Power-before the horrible 2012...But if Schleich won't do it, my List will not change....
Back to top Go down
scot(t)

scot(t)

PostSubject: Re: What is your favourite Schleich of all time   What is your favourite Schleich of all time - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 25, 2012 10:10 am

This is an impossible task, but wonderful to think about. My list is already too long to be manageable. I've made some thumbnails of some of my all-time favorite schleichs (many are shot under terribly low lighting; please don't judge too harshly).

whoops. there's 11 instead of 10. Oh well. There are about another 15 I've left off that tomorrow I'll think have a better reason to be up there than the ones I've posted. When I like a schleich figure, I love it. Notice, however, that there aren't any big cats. I think the only one I'd consider putting up there is the Jaguar, and yet Papo is so much better. There are also a whole group of amazing horses that I've left off. I just chose my favorite (at least my favorite this week) and put it up as a representative of all the other great Schleich horses. I think the Elephant, the Rhino, and the Panda are underrated. Finally, it's only just occurred to me right this moment that all the figures I've listed are retired. I knew the Orangutan, Hyena, Angus Bull, Arabian Stallion, and Armadillo are retired. But most of the others I bought while they were still being produced. So, despite appearances, I do not think that I am not showing a preference for "retired" figures.

[EDIT: I had to add three more. First, the Airedale Terrier is a new acquisition and I love it. Second, the jaguar is just too wonderful to leave out. And I changed my mind: I do not like the Papo Jaguar more. I can't decide; they are both great, but I would probably choose the schleich jaguar to go with me on a desert island. And third, the old ibex is lovely, and I needed one more to avoid having an unlucky number. In any case, since first making this list, I've found so many more I would add.]

Last edited by scot(t) on Tue May 15, 2012 11:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: What is your favourite Schleich of all time   What is your favourite Schleich of all time - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 25, 2012 12:24 pm

Wonderful choices, Scott cheers

You are so right, - now I see the armadillo, - he is also one of my favorites, - and the Angus, hyena, swan and... Laughing Laughing

HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

PostSubject: Re: What is your favourite Schleich of all time   What is your favourite Schleich of all time - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 25, 2012 3:16 pm

Difficult choice!

Wisent, Black Bear, Roe Deer buck, Swiss cattle (can I count that as one Very Happy ), black female rhino, male jaguar, mountain goat, wild rabbit (old version), Wild boar (and these as one? Wink ), german shepherd dog sitting.

Last edited by HKHollinstone on Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:09 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
Steve170

Steve170

Country/State : United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: What is your favourite Schleich of all time   What is your favourite Schleich of all time - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 25, 2012 4:09 pm

I haven't been collecting for very long so my favourites are new

skysthelimit

skysthelimit

Country/State : Serbia

PostSubject: Re: What is your favourite Schleich of all time   What is your favourite Schleich of all time - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 25, 2012 4:14 pm

Without any order - Mountain goat, Musk ox, Wisent, Angus bull, Swiss bull, Pheasant, Grouse, Jackal, Warthog male, Grazing zebra...

Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: What is your favourite Schleich of all time   What is your favourite Schleich of all time - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 26, 2012 12:02 am

Here is my list! Surely in another day I would make a different list! Very Happy
Not my sentimental list! This one has many differences.
So the top10 best Schleich replicas (Wild Life) are:
musk ox
mountain goat
wisent
grazing zebra
arctic fox
greater kudu (new)
yak
orangutan female
warthog
Eurasian badger (new)

scot(t)

PostSubject: Re: What is your favourite Schleich of all time   What is your favourite Schleich of all time - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 26, 2012 6:36 am

wow, there are a lot of great proposals. Like Harriet, the Black Bear, the Jaguar and the Mountain Goat (and the Roe Buck!) are some of my all-time favorites. I was looking admiringly at the Bear and the Jaguar just the other day. Steven also mentions the Roe buck and the Jaguar (unless Harriet meant a different Jaguar -- I am curious). And the new Stag, Snowy Owl, and Kudu are all amazing. And I love the drake (all the ducks actually). Robert mentions the Grazing Zebra, and that is another one I think I would have included if I had remembered. All awesome choices (along with many others: the Swiss Bull is great, as is the Muskox).

Oh, and I just saw Roger's list, which is also awesome. several I've already mentioned, along with the Badger and the Yak, which are amazin'.

But the main thing I'm noticing is how many people mention the Wisent. And I don't have it! Arrgggghhhhllllgurgle.

(But one day. one day you will be mine, you lovely little Wisent. Some call you a European Bison. I will call you my lovely little wisent.)

Schleich is pretty great.
Back to top Go down
Kristie

Kristie

PostSubject: Re: What is your favourite Schleich of all time   What is your favourite Schleich of all time - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 26, 2012 6:40 am

Scott, I do not have the wisent either. In fact, I'm not even sure which one it is. Shocked

Somebody post a photo!

-Kristie
Back to top Go down
scot(t)

scot(t)

PostSubject: Re: What is your favourite Schleich of all time   What is your favourite Schleich of all time - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 26, 2012 6:52 am

Kristie wrote:
Scott, I do not have the wisent either. In fact, I'm not even sure which one it is. Shocked

Somebody post a photo!

-Kristie

Hi Kristie, I'm grabbing this photo from Tim's website. (Tim, I hope you don't mind! If you do, please just let me know and I'll take it down and replace it with another picture. No problem at all.)

It is Schleich Item Number 14251. It seems to have been called the "European Bison" in the US. But it is a Wisent.

One day we'll both have one. Very Happy

Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

PostSubject: Re: What is your favourite Schleich of all time   What is your favourite Schleich of all time - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 26, 2012 8:52 am

scott wrote:
(unless Harriet meant a different Jaguar -- I am curious)
Yes it's the same one, this one!
I'm going to put pictures up on my post now too...

Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
scot(t)

scot(t)

PostSubject: Re: What is your favourite Schleich of all time   What is your favourite Schleich of all time - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 26, 2012 9:51 am

Yes! I love that figure.
Back to top Go down
bojan

Country/State : slovenia

PostSubject: Re: What is your favourite Schleich of all time   What is your favourite Schleich of all time - Page 3 EmptyTue May 01, 2012 7:32 pm

Here's my top 10:

Przewalski Horse, Ibex, Ferret, Mountain Goat, Tapir, Male Giraffe, Musk Ox, Jackal, Grazing Zebra and Great Dane.

Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: What is your favourite Schleich of all time   What is your favourite Schleich of all time - Page 3 EmptyTue May 01, 2012 7:53 pm

Great choises, Bojan Very Happy

Many different ones, - should a collector have only 10 models from Schleich, these would make a beautyful exhibition cheers

bojan

Country/State : slovenia

PostSubject: Re: What is your favourite Schleich of all time   What is your favourite Schleich of all time - Page 3 EmptyTue May 01, 2012 9:05 pm

Thank you, Susanne. I totally agree with you Very Happy

PostSubject: Re: What is your favourite Schleich of all time   What is your favourite Schleich of all time - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

What is your favourite Schleich of all time
Page 3 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next