Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Which animals figurines or brands do you collect ?

Go down 
+44
animallover4jesus
Gulogulo76
Tylosaurus
tyrantqueen
scot(t)
Sumo
Saarlooswolfhound
SommoDracorex
TugaHunter
Metallisuchus
ken yeo
Joan Milelire
Taylcoel
jarda
Ana
Cyhyraeth
krista
Elros Alvar
trevok4
Tiermann
aandmkw
Arnaud
Vivien
animalluvr6
andregustavo
SchleichCollecter101
STORMnl
Rio
castlerigg
Raptor
Gabe
Kristie
schleich61
Mastiffcat
skysthelimit
weaselfan93
Roger
Kikimalou
WILLYBACOMAN
SyLoBe
Silver Unicornis
HKHollinstone
SUSANNE
widukind
48 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
GoldEagle

GoldEagle

Country/State : United States/Minnesota

what collect - Which animals figurines or brands do you collect ? - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Which animals figurines or brands do you collect ?   what collect - Which animals figurines or brands do you collect ? - Page 5 EmptyTue Apr 23, 2013 4:31 pm

widukind wrote:
Very interesting, what is Jakks-have you pics please!

Jarda is right, Jakks produced animal figures for Discovery Kid's "scanopedia smart animals" figure line. Each animal has a data chip in it that a scanner could read so you could hear data about the animal and the noises it makes. They did an animal and dinosaur line. The large blue logo on each animal was put there so kids knew which area of the animal to scan. Unfortunately to us collectors, the blue logo is kind of an eye sore, but the sculpt and paint job of the animals are good, some of them on par with Safari Ltd in my opinion. They produced a lot of common animals as well as some more unusual species like red pandas and andean condor. Sadly the line (which was introduced in 2008) was discontinued in either 2009 or 2010 and some of the sets are really hard to find (or might have not been produced) The white tiger was a "special edition" that came with the scanner while the other animals were purchased in blister packs of either 2, 4, or 6 figures. The species were grouped by what region of the world they lived in.
Here are the ones I have (sorry for the not so great photo):
what collect - Which animals figurines or brands do you collect ? - Page 5 Jakks_zpsd34471c4
Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

what collect - Which animals figurines or brands do you collect ? - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Which animals figurines or brands do you collect ?   what collect - Which animals figurines or brands do you collect ? - Page 5 EmptyTue Apr 23, 2013 5:52 pm

Very interesting! New brand to learn about Very Happy I really like red panda, koala, black bear and hyena Very Happy Thank You for sharing Amanda and Jarda Very Happy cheers

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Which animals figurines or brands do you collect ?   what collect - Which animals figurines or brands do you collect ? - Page 5 EmptyTue Apr 23, 2013 7:09 pm

Many many thanks Jarda and Amanda for this informations sunny sunny They are really nice, but the blue logo Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

But you know some unusual specie for me scratch

STS members can merge Very Happy

sunny Andreas sunny
Back to top Go down
GoldEagle

GoldEagle

PostSubject: Re: Which animals figurines or brands do you collect ?   what collect - Which animals figurines or brands do you collect ? - Page 5 EmptyTue Apr 23, 2013 7:57 pm

widukind wrote:
Many many thanks Jarda and Amanda for this informations sunny sunny They are really nice, but the blue logo Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

Yes, the logo is very unattractive, you can remove it, but then the animal has a circle shaped depression in it.
I was able to find a map that shows all of the species they produced (I am only counting the animals, no dinos) it is a very blurry image so some names might not be right, I can't see it too well:

Forest
White tiger
Tiger
Moose
Elk
Red Panda
Eagle
Black Bear
Koala

Mountain
Ibex
Mountain Lion
Grizzly Bear
Andean Condor
Caracal
Panda
Buffalo
Big horn ram

Fresh Water
African spoonbill
Nile Crocodile
Platypus
Hippo
Flamingo

Ice World
Gray wolf
Arctic fox
Caribou
Badger
Penguin
Polar bear
Musk ox
Walrus

Deep sea
Great white shark
Hammerhead shark
Whale shark
Killer whale
Giant squid
Green Turtle (?)
Manta Ray
Frill Shark (?)

Shallows
Marine Iguana

Jungle
Okapi
Western Bongo
Mandrill
Orangutan
Gorilla
Jaguar
Anaconda
One more animal I can't make out

Grasslands
Olive Baboon
Giraffe
Lion
African Elephant
Cheetah
Zebra
African wild hound
Spotted Hyena
Kangaroo
Rhino

The only animals I have seen are ones from the Grasslands, Forest and Deep sea sets. The others I am thinking might have not actually been produced because they were all discontinued so quickly, all my searching for even images of the other sets have been frustrated.

Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Which animals figurines or brands do you collect ?   what collect - Which animals figurines or brands do you collect ? - Page 5 EmptyTue Apr 23, 2013 8:10 pm

GoldEagle wrote:
widukind wrote:

Yes, the logo is very unattractive, you can remove it, but then the animal has a circle shaped depression in it.
I was able to find a map that shows all of the species they produced (I am only counting the animals, no dinos) it is a very blurry image so some names might not be right, I can't see it too well:

Forest
White tiger
Tiger
Moose
Elk
Red Panda
Eagle
Black Bear
Koala

Mountain
Ibex
Mountain Lion
Grizzly Bear
Andean Condor
Caracal
Panda
Buffalo
Big horn ram

Fresh Water
African spoonbill
Nile Crocodile
Platypus
Hippo
Flamingo

Ice World
Gray wolf
Arctic fox
Caribou
Badger
Penguin
Polar bear
Musk ox
Walrus

Deep sea
Great white shark
Hammerhead shark
Whale shark
Killer whale
Giant squid
Green Turtle (?)
Manta Ray
Frill Shark (?)

Shallows
Marine Iguana

Jungle
Okapi
Western Bongo
Mandrill
Orangutan
Gorilla
Jaguar
Anaconda

Grasslands
Olive Baboon
Giraffe
Lion
African Elephant
Cheetah
Zebra
African wild hound
Spotted Hyena
Kangaroo
Rhino

The only animals I have seen are ones from the Grasslands, Forest and Deep sea sets. The others I am thinking might have not actually been produced because they were all discontinued so quickly, all my searching for even images of the other sets have been frustrated.

Thank you so much, they have some interesting species for me sunny sunny You know too where i can find that? scratch

sunny Andreas sunny
Back to top Go down
GoldEagle

GoldEagle

PostSubject: Re: Which animals figurines or brands do you collect ?   what collect - Which animals figurines or brands do you collect ? - Page 5 EmptyTue Apr 23, 2013 8:40 pm

Andreas, I just did a google search "scanopedia animals discovery kids" youll see what looks like a map, the images are really small though, you can do the same search on eBay.com and see if someone has a better image of the map. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Which animals figurines or brands do you collect ?   what collect - Which animals figurines or brands do you collect ? - Page 5 EmptyWed Apr 24, 2013 5:43 am

GoldEagle wrote:
Andreas, I just did a google search "scanopedia animals discovery kids" youll see what looks like a map, the images are really small though, you can do the same search on eBay.com and see if someone has a better image of the map. Very Happy

Thank you so much sunny

sunny Andreas sunny
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Which animals figurines or brands do you collect ?   what collect - Which animals figurines or brands do you collect ? - Page 5 EmptyWed Apr 24, 2013 6:42 pm

GoldEagle wrote:

I find a lot but not the animals that i wish- but now i know what i have to search Very Happy

Are they not released scratch scratch scratch scratch because i cant also find pics

sunny Andreas sunny
Back to top Go down
MartinH

MartinH

Country/State : Czech Republic

PostSubject: Re: Which animals figurines or brands do you collect ?   what collect - Which animals figurines or brands do you collect ? - Page 5 EmptyThu Apr 25, 2013 10:29 am

1. Papo
2. CollectA
3. Safari Ltd.
4. Schleich
5. Mojo
6. Bullyland
7. Britains/Breyer

https://www.martinhcollection.cz/
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Which animals figurines or brands do you collect ?   what collect - Which animals figurines or brands do you collect ? - Page 5 EmptyThu Apr 25, 2013 10:41 am

1) Schleich, Bullyland, Papo, Mojo, Reisler, Plaho - all of them, almost Rolling Eyes Laughing

2) Safari, AAA, Collecta, Starlux and Clairet - The ones I like .

3) Everything else that I like Laughing

Sergey

Sergey

Country/State : S. - Petersburg, Russia

PostSubject: Re: Which animals figurines or brands do you collect ?   what collect - Which animals figurines or brands do you collect ? - Page 5 EmptyThu Apr 25, 2013 11:31 pm

1. Papo
2. CollectA
3. Schleich
4. Safari Ltd.
5. Mojo
6. Japan brands
7. Fame Master (4D Master)
8. Nayab Wink Wink Wink Wink

PostSubject: Re: Which animals figurines or brands do you collect ?   what collect - Which animals figurines or brands do you collect ? - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Which animals figurines or brands do you collect ?
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5